This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #725163]
Fri, 14 December 2018 21:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Philadelphia to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #725165 is a reply to message #725163 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

This game makes me wish that Koski started last night. The Flyers just aren’t a good team.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #725166 is a reply to message #725163 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Another 2 points with 3 McPoints to MOGA!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #725168 is a reply to message #725163 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Three points for McDavid, 3 for Drai.

Larsson from Spooner and Nurse is a fun anomoly for some secondary scoring.

An empty net goal.

Most importantly, 2 points for a assuredly tired team.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #725169 is a reply to message #725163 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #725172 is a reply to message #725169 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Anyone else notice that Draisatl is low key on pace to hit 100 points?

Re: Review: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #725175 is a reply to message #725172 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Fri, 14 December 2018 21:54

Yup, it was discussed in another thread. To be fair though, there are like 15 other players that are also "on pace" to hit or exceed 100 points. We are not going to have that many 100+ point players at the end of the year. I'd be shocked if it turns out more than 5 players crack 100 points. God, and people who bother to look it up, knows when that last happened.

Re: Review: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #725176 is a reply to message #725175 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Pseudoreality wrote on Fri, 14 December 2018 22:41

Yup, it was discussed in another thread. To be fair though, there are like 15 other players that are also "on pace" to hit or exceed 100 points. We are not going to have that many 100+ point players at the end of the year. I'd be shocked if it turns out more than 5 players crack 100 points. God, and people who bother to look it up, knows when that last happened.

League seems to mostly be shifting to loaded top lines. Maybe we do see a decent amount of 100 point guys this year.

Was just thinking, it's nice to have a coach that does more with his depth than just blend and hope for miracles, and when there is a miracle, he blends again if it doesn't last more than 1 game. Hitch actually looks at his players, looking at strengths and weaknesses, tries to make lines that have a role, and guys that compliment each-other. And he actually works with the players, tries to improve what they do, tries to push them to do what he believes they can. That's really nice, and it's letting us load up that top line now.

With Todd, your only hope was lines that were essentially coach-proof. Like, they would get the job done even if there was no coach, pure talent taking over. And just 1 coach-proof line was not enough, so we badly needed Drai to drive a 2nd line so we didn't have 3 useless lines every night playing aimless hockey. But, that's not really a concern now IMO. We can load up that top line, and the depth is going to be able to hold their own, and even chip in now.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #725187 is a reply to message #725175 ]
Sat, 15 December 2018 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Pseudoreality wrote on Sat, 15 December 2018 00:41

Good point, but it's still great to see.

Since I had a few minutes I looked it up. There are 15 guys on pace for 100 right now (good guess) with all of them being not too unexpected except for maybe Brayden Point and Mikko Rantanen.

In 1996 there were 12 100 point scorers, with 7 others within 5 points (Florida getting to the Final with the trap really did wreck the offence in the league). Before then it was in 1993 when 21 players hit 100 points (including guys like Craig Janney, Rick Tocchet, and Joe Juneau). Even through the 80s you didn't see it getting up to 15 much, maybe just a couple of times. Really makes it more impressive that Gretzky was able to get to 200 so many times. It's not like everybody was hitting 100 every year back then, just looks that way when your an Oilers fan because their guys always seemed to get there.

Once you get back to the 70s, it's the same guys and same teams with players getting to 100 points most years, Boston, Montreal, Philadelphia, and the New York teams.

Kind of surprised that 1993 is when there was the most. Not the year I would have guessed, especially with Gretzky injured that year and not even making it on the list. Also, of those 21 guys in 1993, 15 of them had their best season that year.

Re: Review: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #725222 is a reply to message #725187 ]
Sat, 15 December 2018 20:27 Go to previous message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Sat, 15 December 2018 09:01

Pseudoreality wrote on Sat, 15 December 2018 00:41

Good point, but it's still great to see.

Since I had a few minutes I looked it up. There are 15 guys on pace for 100 right now (good guess) with all of them being not too unexpected except for maybe Brayden Point and Mikko Rantanen.

In 1996 there were 12 100 point scorers, with 7 others within 5 points (Florida getting to the Final with the trap really did wreck the offence in the league). Before then it was in 1993 when 21 players hit 100 points (including guys like Craig Janney, Rick Tocchet, and Joe Juneau). Even through the 80s you didn't see it getting up to 15 much, maybe just a couple of times. Really makes it more impressive that Gretzky was able to get to 200 so many times. It's not like everybody was hitting 100 every year back then, just looks that way when your an Oilers fan because their guys always seemed to get there.

Once you get back to the 70s, it's the same guys and same teams with players getting to 100 points most years, Boston, Montreal, Philadelphia, and the New York teams.

Kind of surprised that 1993 is when there was the most. Not the year I would have guessed, especially with Gretzky injured that year and not even making it on the list. Also, of those 21 guys in 1993, 15 of them had their best season that year.

Cool, thanks for looking it up. I just kind of assumed that every team had one or two 100 point players in the 80s, guess not.

Every year before Christmas there are lots of players "on pace" for huge numbers. Few make it. I never pay much attention to scoring leaders until after the all-star break.

Re: Review: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #725171 is a reply to message #725163 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

lol Remenda.

"Yawney wants those D up!" - Actually Hitchcock said he has no idea what was going on before, and HE wants the D up more.

"It's not a new system, it's a new attitude" - No, it's a new system man, shut up.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #725189 is a reply to message #725171 ]
Sat, 15 December 2018 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Yawney no doubt hand cuffed by Todd even if he wanted to. Remenda !

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #34)
Next Topic:Michel Riesen - Sobering Thoughts...
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca