This day on April 24
None

Happy Birthday To: foxbird, sspOILERS, hazmat, Tarnom, RankinSpankin

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Michel Riesen - Sobering Thoughts...
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Michel Riesen - Sobering Thoughts... [message #724825]
Wed, 12 December 2018 16:09 Go to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Not sure why Michel popped up in my mind today, however I decided to look the dude up and see what he was doing these days...

https://www.swisshabs.ch/michel-riesen-et-rene-mueller-confi rmes-ad-interim-a-la-tete-de-davos

Get a load of that pic...

Apparently he's 70 and on the verge of going into a retirement home. Wow did that guy age fast...

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Michel Riesen - Sobering Thoughts... [message #724827 is a reply to message #724825 ]
Wed, 12 December 2018 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

That guy was a former pro hockey player? WOW. I looked him up, he's 39. He looks 50.

Re: Michel Riesen - Sobering Thoughts... [message #724848 is a reply to message #724827 ]
Wed, 12 December 2018 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 12 December 2018 15:17

That guy was a former pro hockey player? WOW. I looked him up, he's 39. He looks 50.

He was the "Swiss Miss". 14th overall in 97. I remember he did ok in the AHL but got barely a cup of coffee in the NHL.

Re: Michel Riesen - Sobering Thoughts... [message #724861 is a reply to message #724825 ]
Thu, 13 December 2018 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve  is currently offline Steve

No Cups

We're not allowed to body shame women anymore, so now we're doing it with guys? I don't get it.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

- Calvin

Re: Michel Riesen - Sobering Thoughts... [message #724862 is a reply to message #724861 ]
Thu, 13 December 2018 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Steve wrote on Thu, 13 December 2018 08:22

We're not allowed to body shame women anymore, so now we're doing it with guys? I don't get it.

Fight the power by body shaming everyone.

For what it's worth, I've seen a lot worse looking guy who are pushing 40.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Michel Riesen - Sobering Thoughts... [message #724870 is a reply to message #724861 ]
Thu, 13 December 2018 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Oh come on... it's more of a commentary on how old we're all getting... not just about Riesen.

I just clearly remember this guy being drafted, and it's crazy to look at how much he's aged since then. Hence the "sobering thoughts" part of the title...

Re: Michel Riesen - Sobering Thoughts... [message #724876 is a reply to message #724870 ]
Thu, 13 December 2018 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Thu, 13 December 2018 09:19

Oh come on... it's more of a commentary on how old we're all getting... not just about Riesen.

I just clearly remember this guy being drafted, and it's crazy to look at how much he's aged since then. Hence the "sobering thoughts" part of the title...

I remember, back in the day I thought it was pretty cool Comrie was playing for the Oilers because we were born at roughly the same time and place. Now, Comrie is long retired and I think I'm older than everyone except Cullen and Chara.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Michel Riesen - Sobering Thoughts... [message #725025 is a reply to message #724876 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 13 December 2018 09:42

I remember, back in the day I thought it was pretty cool Comrie was playing for the Oilers because we were born at roughly the same time and place. Now, Comrie is long retired and I think I'm older than everyone except Cullen and Chara.

SIGH...Ryan Smyth was the last Oilers player who was older than me...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Michel Riesen - Sobering Thoughts... [message #725184 is a reply to message #725025 ]
Sat, 15 December 2018 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abootzky  is currently offline abootzky

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 14 December 2018 10:03

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 13 December 2018 09:42

SIGH...Ryan Smyth was the last Oilers player who was older than me...

Much Bigger SIGH...Kevin Lowe was the last Oilers player who was older than me...

Re: Michel Riesen - Sobering Thoughts... [message #725185 is a reply to message #725184 ]
Sat, 15 December 2018 07:55 Go to previous message
goffer48  is currently offline goffer48

No Cups

You young pups need to sit down, and give yer head a shake. Worrying about your longevity will shorten your life. icon_lol

-Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
-Don't mess with old folks, they didn't get old by being stupid.

Re: Michel Riesen - Sobering Thoughts... [message #724999 is a reply to message #724825 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abootzky  is currently offline abootzky

No Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Wed, 12 December 2018 16:09

Not sure why Michel popped up in my mind today, however I decided to look the dude up and see what he was doing these days...

https://www.swisshabs.ch/michel-riesen-et-rene-mueller-confi rmes-ad-interim-a-la-tete-de-davos

Get a load of that pic...

Apparently he's 70 and on the verge of going into a retirement home. Wow did that guy age fast...

Morphing into a combo of the late Gary Shandling & Oilers radio pbp guy Jack Michaels hasn't helped either.

Previous Topic:Review: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33)
Next Topic:GDT: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca