This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #22)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #22) [message #723170 is a reply to message #723166 ]
Fri, 23 November 2018 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

Not going to pin this on Looch. This game doesn’t go to OT if Connor and Leon show up. Did not like their game at all. Connor got owned on that winning goal. Brutal play from both he and Drai today.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #22) [message #723171 is a reply to message #723170 ]
Fri, 23 November 2018 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Ales Cooper wrote on Fri, 23 November 2018 21:23

Not going to pin this on Looch. This game doesn’t go to OT if Connor and Leon show up. Did not like their game at all. Connor got owned on that winning goal. Brutal play from both he and Drai today.

Connor was owned on that play? Didn’t show up? He played on just about every line tonight. Did you forget his work on their only goal?

Oilers played very well the last 2 periods. They were seconds away from a shutout victory. Draisatl sucked on that play in OT, but it’s very likely there is no OT if the right matchup had been made for 6 on 5 hockey.

This should have been a 1-0 victory.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 November 2018 21:38]

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #22) [message #723158 is a reply to message #723125 ]
Fri, 23 November 2018 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

I didn't mind this game other than Milan Lucic on the ice late when you know the Ducks are going to pull their goaltender. You want guys who can win races to loose pucks, who can get in a passing lane and pick one off...which is the antithesis of Milan Lucic. I saw this coming as soon as Gibson was pulled and 27 was on the ice....you just knew there was going to be a breakdown somewhere. This was like TMac throwing Looch out there 3 on 3 2 seasons ago. Should have left those guys on the bench, they had a strong game otherwise.

Nice game for Nuge. 17 away from standing up as the winner, nice goal seconds after a strong backcheck. Passed one up on the PP earlier, can't do that. Some open looks for the Oilers, but pucks bouncing on garbage ice or just not executed.

Oilers' D were shinpad assassins tonight, for God's sake make a lateral move and get a puck through. Notable for a decent game on D was Gravel.

Otherwise, my only other complaint with this game is the turnover rate of Leon D. If any coach can get his dumb pass attempts out of his game, some blind...some when he's looking, he'll improve as a player. LD could be a top 5-6 player in this league, he's got it in him. There's so much more there in a couple aspects of his game.

I just thought the Ducks didn't really have anything after Nuge scored, not a lot of energy there. Their game is just slow garbage, clutching, grabbing, interfering, imagine paying for the privilege of watching that shat every home game. That's the kind of game they play, it's really pathetic how they have to win hockey games. I don't know about the Oilers, but that farking Anaheim team is going nowhere.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 November 2018 18:59]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #22) [message #723161 is a reply to message #723158 ]
Fri, 23 November 2018 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Fri, 23 November 2018 17:57

I didn't mind this game other than Milan Lucic on the ice late when you know the Ducks are going to pull their goaltender. You want guys who can win races to loose pucks, who can get in a passing lane and pick one off...which is the antithesis of Milan Lucic. I saw this coming as soon as Gibson was pulled and 27 was on the ice....you just knew there was going to be a breakdown somewhere. This was like TMac throwing Looch out there 3 on 3 2 seasons ago. Should have left those guys on the bench, they had a strong game otherwise.

Nice game for Nuge. 17 away from standing up as the winner, nice goal seconds after a strong backcheck. Passed one up on the PP earlier, can't do that. Some open looks for the Oilers, but pucks bouncing on garbage ice or just not executed.

Oilers' D were shinpad assassins tonight, for God's sake make a lateral move and get a puck through. Notable for a decent game on D was Gravel.

Otherwise, my only other complaint with this game is the turnover rate of Leon D. If any coach can get his dumb pass attempts out of his game, some blind...some when he's looking, he'll improve as a player. LD could be a top 5-6 player in this league, he's got it in him. There's so much more there in a couple aspects of his game.

I just thought the Ducks didn't really have anything after Nuge scored, not a lot of energy there. Their game is just slow garbage, clutching, grabbing, interfering, imagine paying for the privilege of watching that shat every home game. That's the kind of game they play, it's really pathetic how they have to win hockey games. I don't know about the Oilers, but that farking Anaheim team is going nowhere.

I've liked Gravel for a while now, efficient calm game.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #22) [message #723164 is a reply to message #723161 ]
Fri, 23 November 2018 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Kinda feel I have to be fair to Lucic's line. They dominated possession all night. 0 high quality chances when they were out on the ice. Only 4 shot attempts against, vs 17 for. Hitch puts them out there hoping they can grind stuff out on the boards and try to slow the game down. But the whole team was playing our usual scared panicky brand of hockey from around the 3-4 min left mark on. Hitch is gonna have to beat that out of this group after years of McLellan possibly encouraging playing scared.

You can trap if you want late, but you can't stop having any aggression in your game. The zero aggression scared style has been burning us for a long time, and that is no way to play. Trap is supposed to be about counter attacking when the other team makes a mistake, not constantly running away.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #23)
Next Topic:Marody Returned to Bakersfield:Puljujarvi Recalled
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca