This day on December 12
Departed: Dave Semenko (1986) Josh Green (2002)

Happy Birthday To: carterfan, oilfan#1, Tupper, pronger's#1fan, bleeding copper and blue

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » Hagelin Traded for Pearson
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Hagelin Traded for Pearson [message #722275]
Wed, 14 November 2018 10:28 Go to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Pens traded Hagelin to the Kings for Pearson straight up. I don't get this trade for the Kings other than I guess to get rid of future salary. Hagelin makes 4 mill, Pearson makes 3.75 mill. Hagelin is an overpaid, 3rd liner, making over 1 mill too much but he is a UFA. Pearson is 4 yrs younger, has scored more. The Kings are slow so the get some speed but only for 3/4 of a season. A puzzling trade.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Hagelin Traded for Pearson [message #722281 is a reply to message #722275 ]
Wed, 14 November 2018 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 14 November 2018 10:28

Pens traded Hagelin to the Kings for Pearson straight up. I don't get this trade for the Kings other than I guess to get rid of future salary. Hagelin makes 4 mill, Pearson makes 3.75 mill. Hagelin is an overpaid, 3rd liner, making over 1 mill too much but he is a UFA. Pearson is 4 yrs younger, has scored more. The Kings are slow so the get some speed but only for 3/4 of a season. A puzzling trade.

As an Oiler fan in the Pacific division, I approve this deal.

Re: Hagelin Traded for Pearson [message #722282 is a reply to message #722281 ]
Wed, 14 November 2018 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 14 November 2018 11:26

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 14 November 2018 10:28

As an Oiler fan in the Pacific division, I approve this deal.

Me too. The Kings look worse off than the Oilers and that is saying a lot. The Kings seem to like old guys. We can give them Lucic who has a house there, trains there in the offseason and I am sure would waive his no move to go there. The Oilers will keep 1.4 mill to make the money work and take back the under performing Toffoli.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2018 11:45]

Re: Hagelin Traded for Pearson [message #722287 is a reply to message #722275 ]
Wed, 14 November 2018 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilPeg  is currently offline OilPeg

No Cups

Pearson has zero goals and one assist in 17-games this year...wow.

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 02 June 2012 00:29

But he (Belanger)'s as soft as room temp. margarine.

Re: Hagelin Traded for Pearson [message #722292 is a reply to message #722287 ]
Wed, 14 November 2018 14:49 Go to previous message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

OilPeg wrote on Wed, 14 November 2018 14:36

Pearson has zero goals and one assist in 17-games this year...wow.

6 points for Kopitar. This is a bad year for the Kings so far. And this is definitely an Oilers-quality selling low move. Hagelin is having a stinker year too and in his declining years. Kings probably just flip him for a pick at the deadline.

If you really want a laugh, look at Phaneuf's stats. 2 more years at 5.25M for him with the Kings.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Previous Topic:Luke Schenn on waivers
Next Topic:Hawks fire Quenneville
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca