F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Training Camp Invitee...Scottie Upshall
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Training Camp Invitee...Scottie Upshall [message #717768]
Sun, 19 August 2018 12:49 Go to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Scottie Upshall invited to Oilers Camp on PTO....

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/

..."Upshall, 34, appeared in 63 games for St. Louis last season, posting 19 points (7G, 19A), 46 penalty minutes and a -1 plus-minus rating. The native of Fort McMurray, AB, has played 759 career NHL games over 15 seasons, with Nashville, Philadelphia, Phoenix/Arizona, Columbus, Florida and St. Louis.

The 6'0", 201-pound forward has 285 career NHL points (138G, 147A), 615 penalty minutes, and a +9 plus-minus rating. Upshall also appeared in 53 playoff games, posting 13 points (5G, 8A), 66 penalty minutes and a -3 plus-minus rating. "....

....why not? hope he's got something left in the tank...

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Training Camp Invitee...Scottie Upshall [message #717769 is a reply to message #717768 ]
Sun, 19 August 2018 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

can't see him making it.. why waste a bench spot during pre-season.. hope it doesn't mean a potential trade of a younger roster player for a 5/6 D-man...

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Re: Training Camp Invitee...Scottie Upshall [message #717770 is a reply to message #717768 ]
Sun, 19 August 2018 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

Upshall at under $1M could be a replacement for Kassian or Caggiula on that fourth line if the Oilers are looking to move out some cap space and get a defenseman to replace Sekera. I'm all for a cheaper fourth line, and I'm not sure you lose much between Upshall and Caggiula/Kassian.

Re: Training Camp Invitee...Scottie Upshall [message #717772 is a reply to message #717770 ]
Sun, 19 August 2018 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Sun, 19 August 2018 13:43

Upshall at under $1M could be a replacement for Kassian or Caggiula on that fourth line if the Oilers are looking to move out some cap space and get a defenseman to replace Sekera. I'm all for a cheaper fourth line, and I'm not sure you lose much between Upshall and Caggiula/Kassian.

We'd miss Kassian, he's big, mean, fast, and has skill, he brings what we need... it would be a mistake to lose him.

on the other hand I'd be pretty OK in losing Caggiula ...

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Re: Training Camp Invitee...Scottie Upshall [message #717774 is a reply to message #717770 ]
Mon, 20 August 2018 08:09 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Sun, 19 August 2018 14:43

I have been saying it all along that as much as I like Kassian, he's a very expensive 4th liner.

Re: Training Camp Invitee...Scottie Upshall [message #717773 is a reply to message #717768 ]
Sun, 19 August 2018 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilertime  is currently offline Oilertime

No Cups

You need veterans to fill the pre-season quota for players. Might as well see if he has anything left.

If Kassian amd/or Cagguila get moved for defense, I'm more than ok with it.

https://twitter.com/Reggie__11

Previous Topic:Sekera Torn Achilles...Out Indefinitely
Next Topic:2018/19 Oilers schedule
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca