This day on September 25
Departed: Roy Sommer (1982)

Happy Birthday To: butthead, hroyh, oilfanstan, josh, Estevan

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712944]
Mon, 02 April 2018 20:20 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

2 Cups

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 20%
Minnesota to win: 80%
25 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712947 is a reply to message #712944 ]
Mon, 02 April 2018 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

ugh. Lack of McPoints is making this season end with a whimper.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712948 is a reply to message #712944 ]
Mon, 02 April 2018 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

You know how good soccer teams friendly matches against crappy countries (like Canada) before the World Cup? It’s like that, but with hockey.

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Drink wine, fall faster, and fly. Fly, baby, fly.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712949 is a reply to message #712944 ]
Mon, 02 April 2018 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

What a dud of a hockey game.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712953 is a reply to message #712949 ]
Mon, 02 April 2018 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Mon, 02 April 2018 20:40

What a dud of a hockey game.

Dud of a season. Dud of two of McDavid's first three seasons. Dud of Taylor Hall. Dud of any good will leftover from 2006. Dud of everything that this team was before Lowe took over.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712969 is a reply to message #712953 ]
Tue, 03 April 2018 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

Ahhhh... Kevin Lowe. The heir apparent that was directly involved in one total fluke of a season, and oversaw much of the nearly two decades of tragedy for this franchise.

How that man is still employed by this organization is totally mind boggling to me...

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712950 is a reply to message #712944 ]
Mon, 02 April 2018 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Guess you could say they mailed that one in. Sad effort by most of the team.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712954 is a reply to message #712944 ]
Mon, 02 April 2018 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

So I guess this will be the 7th season of the last 8 that Dubs has been an above average goalie. But we all know that if a goalie has a bad year it's all his fault and he HAS to be traded to ever get his game together. Bye Talbot.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712955 is a reply to message #712954 ]
Mon, 02 April 2018 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 02 April 2018 21:32

So I guess this will be the 7th season of the last 8 that Dubs has been an above average goalie. But we all know that if a goalie has a bad year it's all his fault and he HAS to be traded to ever get his game together. Bye Talbot.

If you're asking the question...

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712956 is a reply to message #712944 ]
Mon, 02 April 2018 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

So is the playing of regular lines for the PP an indictment of the special teams' coaches for their complete utter failure this year? Like, you guys sucked so bad coaching the special teams that we're showing you that doing nothing is better than having you coach? Cuz it certainly feels that way.

That game made garbage fires look appetizing.

Disgusted.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712958 is a reply to message #712956 ]
Mon, 02 April 2018 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Mon, 02 April 2018 21:54

So is the playing of regular lines for the PP an indictment of the special teams' coaches for their complete utter failure this year? Like, you guys sucked so bad coaching the special teams that we're showing you that doing nothing is better than having you coach? Cuz it certainly feels that way.

Disgusted.

I'm sure McLellan sees it as the coaches telling the players that if you're not gonna execute properly, then you don't deserve help from a genius like Woodcroft.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712959 is a reply to message #712958 ]
Mon, 02 April 2018 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilMJMOil is currently online OilMJMOil

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 02 April 2018 22:11

Disgusted.

I'm sure McLellan sees it as the coaches telling the players that if you're not gonna execute properly, then you don't deserve help from a genius like Woodcroft.

Was Coffey not brought in for this exact reason? For special teams. Correct me if I’m wrong, but could this be his way of telling The Todd that Woodcroft is a total nut job? Which. This new ‘system’ is a nut job all on its own.

2016: We need to get heavier, and we need a defenseman!

2018: We need to get faster, and we need a defenseman!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712960 is a reply to message #712959 ]
Mon, 02 April 2018 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Mon, 02 April 2018 22:13

Disgusted.

Was Coffey not brought in for this exact reason? For special teams. Correct me if I’m wrong, but could this be his way of telling The Todd that Woodcroft is a total nut job? Which. This new ‘system’ is a nut job all on its own.

Yeah. Sadly, we are getting what Coffey's qualifications suggested we would. When Gretzky brought him in to help with the Coyotes special teams, they all cratered the next season. Coffey has been coaching midget hockey because his kid is on a team. That's his coaching experience, aside from the Coyotes cratering experiment over a decade ago.

Being a D skills coach for our AHL D made a lot more sense hehe.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712961 is a reply to message #712960 ]
Mon, 02 April 2018 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 02 April 2018 22:21

Disgusted.

Yeah. Sadly, we are getting what Coffey's qualifications suggested we would. When Gretzky brought him in to help with the Coyotes special teams, they all cratered the next season. Coffey has been coaching midget hockey because his kid is on a team. That's his coaching experience, aside from the Coyotes cratering experiment over a decade ago.

I think the Boy on the Bus work like the US Supreme Court. The last member has to get coffee and answer the door when they're locked in a room. I'm sure the last ex-Oiler was just sick of walking to Starbucks.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712966 is a reply to message #712961 ]
Tue, 03 April 2018 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 02 April 2018 22:31

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 02 April 2018 22:21

Disgusted.

I think the Boy on the Bus work like the US Supreme Court. The last member has to get coffee and answer the door when they're locked in a room. I'm sure the last ex-Oiler was just sick of walking to Starbucks.

That's why Coffey looks so pissed every time they show him watching a game. It's not the Oilers or how his PP ideas are failing. It's because his legs are so tired from all the fetching. But his hiring does make sense, one of the best skaters in NHL history, he has the speed and endurance for the job.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712970 is a reply to message #712960 ]
Tue, 03 April 2018 15:43 Go to previous message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

Don't you realize yet that the only thing that matters when it comes to qualifications is how many rings a person has?

If you haven't figured that out yet, you're lost in the wilderness.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80) [message #712957 is a reply to message #712944 ]
Mon, 02 April 2018 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilMJMOil is currently online OilMJMOil

1 Cup

April 28th will come sooner than we think, yet it can’t come soon enough.

2016: We need to get heavier, and we need a defenseman!

2018: We need to get faster, and we need a defenseman!

Previous Topic:Pregame: Las Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #81)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca