This day on April 25
None

Happy Birthday To: Scott, kayla_foley

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79) [message #712864]
Sat, 31 March 2018 22:20 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

2 Cups

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
Congratulations to: stemhovlichski for predicting the score.

Edmonton to win: 90%
Calgary to win: 10%
29 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79) [message #712868 is a reply to message #712864 ]
Sat, 31 March 2018 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

4 Cups

Fallin' for Dahlin. The Tank is alive! This also improves the prospect of heads rolling at the end of the season.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79) [message #712869 is a reply to message #712864 ]
Sat, 31 March 2018 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

https://media.giphy.com/media/ELE38BM27p1JK/giphy.gif

So hilarious how Smith can crap the bed all month, and plays by far his best 2 games against us in that time. He needs to just retire already, it's annoying.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79) [message #712870 is a reply to message #712864 ]
Sat, 31 March 2018 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

I wonder how long it took Randorf to run down from the pbp booth and throw himself into Smiths lap?

47 seconds?

Limecat Logic

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79) [message #712871 is a reply to message #712864 ]
Sat, 31 March 2018 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Montoya with the shutout!

And 5 points for me!

[Updated on: Sat, 31 March 2018 22:57]

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79) [message #712872 is a reply to message #712864 ]
Sat, 31 March 2018 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Lucic's first fight since Nov 18th. It's amazing how McLellan turned Lucic's struggle this year into being all about how he needed a goal. He never tried to get Lucic to try to engage physically again and try to turn his game around like that. It was all about getting a goal. Non-stop gift ice time with McDavid, way too much ice time a lot of nights just exhausting Lucic. But all pressure on Lucic knowing he is wasting everyones time until he finally gets that goal, nothing else mattered, just float around for 2 months, don't worry about anything else, you're gonna keep getting this gift ice time until you score.

This is a really bad coach. As if we needed more examples.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79) [message #712873 is a reply to message #712864 ]
Sun, 01 April 2018 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

Players I'm really getting sick of, Caggulia, Sekera, Auvitu, Aberg, Russell, Benning, Slepychev, and 2017/2018 Klefbom, not NHL caliber, nothing ever gets done when they are on the ice, waste of ice time. Most of those guys listed are our defense, and most likely penciled in for next year, what a freaking disaster that's going to be. Never seen a team find it so hard to get the puck over a blue line, pathetic. Oilers get a a lot of hit stats, but as a team they don't play the body, especially along the boards trying to free up pucks, or get pucks out.

Leon looking pretty weak as McDavid's winger after seeing RNH these last few weeks, can't hit a freaking net, and noticeably slower. Can't believe Chiarelli was ready to trade RNH without even bothering to check him out as McD's winger for over 2 1/2 years. Sick feeling knowing this guy is the mastermind running things.

Unfortunately I think Caggulia, Sekera, Auvitu, Aberg, Russell, Benning will all be back next year (due to lack of cards to play), with management counting on turn around seasons, which won't happen, what you are seeing today is what you will get tomorrow.

And.. yeah ..Talbot.. way to be a rock out there buddy, one man moral killer.

.. just me ranting..

Chiarelli fixing the defense problem.. (T. Hall + M. Barzal + A. Beauvllier) = (A. Larsson + G. Reinhart)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79) [message #712874 is a reply to message #712873 ]
Sun, 01 April 2018 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stotto  is currently offline stotto

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 01 April 2018 00:18

Players I'm really getting sick of, Caggulia, Sekera, Auvitu, Aberg, Russell, Benning, Slepychev, and 2017/2018 Klefbom, not NHL caliber, nothing ever gets done when they are on the ice, waste of ice time. Most of those guys listed are our defense, and most likely penciled in for next year, what a freaking disaster that's going to be. Never seen a team find it so hard to get the puck over a blue line, pathetic. Oilers get a a lot of hit stats, but as a team they don't play the body, especially along the boards trying to free up pucks, or get pucks out.

Leon looking pretty weak as McDavid's winger after seeing RNH these last few weeks, can't hit a freaking net, and noticeably slower. Can't believe Chiarelli was ready to trade RNH without even bothering to check him out as McD's winger for over 2 1/2 years. Sick feeling knowing this guy is the mastermind running things.

Unfortunately I think Caggulia, Sekera, Auvitu, Aberg, Russell, Benning will all be back next year (due to lack of cards to play), with management counting on turn around seasons, which won't happen, what you are seeing today is what you will get tomorrow.

And.. yeah ..Talbot.. way to be a rock out there buddy, one man moral killer.

.. just me ranting..

Chiarelli fixing the defense problem.. (T. Hall + M. Barzal + A. Beauvllier) = (A. Larsson + G. Reinhart)

You had to ad that last piece of Chiarelli "magic" in just to make us all feel warm and fuzzy?

It certainly makes it more difficult to get excited about next year unless some changes are made to staff and players.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79) [message #712875 is a reply to message #712864 ]
Sun, 01 April 2018 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilMJMOil  is currently offline OilMJMOil

No Cups

That was an exciting final half of the game... and I rather enjoyed Lucic chuckin’ bombs at Smith, but:

There are WAY too many passengers on this team. Not enough drivers. I essentially said this in a different thread, however outside of maybe 6 forwards and 4 defensemen(when everyone is healthy), this team should be in the A. Yeah. Yeah. It was game 79. We’ve seen this story all year though. I don’t buy the schtick of ‘the expectations were unrealistic’ bull crap we’ve heard. Our GM didn’t set the coach up for success, the coaching staff didn’t set the players up for success and the players didn’t set themselves up for success.

That Camel line was great. Kassian and Slep as energy wingers can make this team a successful 3rd/4th line. MC was good, but with natural centre Khaira they get another element that is what this team needs.

There has to be accountability SOMEWHERE with this franchise. Half the NHL roster has to be overturned, the coaching staff needs to go an the GM, frig off Rick. No CJ, in Banff or comfort of someone’s own home, is going to fix this mess.

The ‘evaluation’ period has to be over by now Chia. If you’re not the one to recognize this roster needs an overhaul, then you’re not the one we want making player personnel decisions. And same goes for your coaching staff. Can em.

2016: We need to get heavier, and we need a defenseman!

2018: We need to get faster, and we need a defenseman!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79) [message #712876 is a reply to message #712875 ]
Sun, 01 April 2018 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

No Cups

Wanted that win. I’ve now embraced the tank. Let’s finish off weak and bury this season.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79) [message #712877 is a reply to message #712875 ]
Sun, 01 April 2018 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

No Cups

Real change is already happening. Anthem singer is out!

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79) [message #712878 is a reply to message #712877 ]
Sun, 01 April 2018 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

5 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sun, 01 April 2018 10:09

Real change is already happening. Anthem singer is out!

I can’t decide whether this is satire or reality.

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Red wine summit in Banff!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79) [message #712916 is a reply to message #712875 ]
Mon, 02 April 2018 13:05 Go to previous message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Sun, 01 April 2018 09:40

That was an exciting final half of the game... and I rather enjoyed Lucic chuckin’ bombs at Smith, but:

There are WAY too many passengers on this team. Not enough drivers. I essentially said this in a different thread, however outside of maybe 6 forwards and 4 defensemen(when everyone is healthy), this team should be in the A. Yeah. Yeah. It was game 79. We’ve seen this story all year though. I don’t buy the schtick of ‘the expectations were unrealistic’ bull crap we’ve heard. Our GM didn’t set the coach up for success, the coaching staff didn’t set the players up for success and the players didn’t set themselves up for success.

That Camel line was great. Kassian and Slep as energy wingers can make this team a successful 3rd/4th line. MC was good, but with natural centre Khaira they get another element that is what this team needs.

There has to be accountability SOMEWHERE with this franchise. Half the NHL roster has to be overturned, the coaching staff needs to go an the GM, frig off Rick. No CJ, in Banff or comfort of someone’s own home, is going to fix this mess.

The ‘evaluation’ period has to be over by now Chia. If you’re not the one to recognize this roster needs an overhaul, then you’re not the one we want making player personnel decisions. And same goes for your coaching staff. Can em.

Looch shows up physically and miserable in period 3 of game 79, only when given a whack by a goaltender. Woop de freakin doo. You can count the games when this happened this year on one hand. I don't know how a veteran would not know his role in light of his contract and in light of the absence of offensive contribution...when he has tools to still play a role. I don't know how anyone didn't intervene by about game 30 this season when the trends with Lucic were obvious and mandate him to still use his tools to play a role in the absence of offensive contribution. No one is concerned about Lucic either offensively or physically when he's on the ice, and that's a problem. A year where Lucic among others was for the most part checked out. Yeah PC should be skidded for the Lucic contract among other things, but the player is here long term, the team needed his best and didn't get it.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79) [message #712879 is a reply to message #712864 ]
Sun, 01 April 2018 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

No Puck Luck in this one. Talbot was only really bad on that one goal but the hockey gods were not smiling on the Oilers. The no McPoints hurt the most. Wins and losses don't mean much.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79) [message #712891 is a reply to message #712879 ]
Mon, 02 April 2018 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

2 Cups

overdue wrote on Sun, 01 April 2018 11:13

No Puck Luck in this one. Talbot was only really bad on that one goal but the hockey gods were not smiling on the Oilers. The no McPoints hurt the most. Wins and losses don't mean much.

This is a primarily a 3-2 league. Talbot let in a garbage second goal. On the 3rd goal, what should have been a relatively easy shot, he handled it terribly, spits out a crap rebound and it's an easy goal. Flames goalie badly outplayed the Oilers goalie and they won. Pretty simple.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #80)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca