This day on July 23
Departed: Luke Richardson (1997) Joe Hulbig (1999) Chris Hajt (2002) Marc Pouliot (2010)

Happy Birthday To: SunshinesDad, Tydogg, doiler, ranford_mvp

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712780]
Thu, 29 March 2018 22:20 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

2 Cups

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 93%
Vancouver to win: 7%
28 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712783 is a reply to message #712780 ]
Thu, 29 March 2018 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Lucic and Russell out there for the 6 man attack. lol

Sek, holy crap, guy has no confidence. Takes him forever to decide on what play to make with the puck. Hope he resets this summer.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712784 is a reply to message #712783 ]
Thu, 29 March 2018 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

4 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 29 March 2018 22:32

Sek, holy crap, guy has no confidence. Takes him forever to decide on what play to make with the puck. Hope he resets this summer.

I’m thinking more that Sek would do better under a better coach.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712785 is a reply to message #712784 ]
Thu, 29 March 2018 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Thu, 29 March 2018 22:34

Almost this entire team could be put in that category to some degree.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712789 is a reply to message #712785 ]
Thu, 29 March 2018 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilMJMOil  is currently offline OilMJMOil

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 29 March 2018 22:36

Just imagine McDavid under someone not The Todd.

2016: We need to get heavier, and we need a defenseman!

2018: We need to get faster, and we need a defenseman!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712790 is a reply to message #712789 ]
Thu, 29 March 2018 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Thu, 29 March 2018 22:40

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 29 March 2018 22:36

Just imagine McDavid under someone not The Todd.

I bet McDavid would be about the same. Top end Elite guys that are self starters and self learners can succeed individually anywhere they go. McLellan lived of the same 4-5 of those guys his whole time in SJ while all the rest of his roster was useless and lack of production from them killed SJ in the playoffs every year. Drai could be one of those in a couple years I bet. Other nice thing about SJ for McLellan was that all his elite guys that didn't need him were either mature beyond their years or already vets that had their game together and knew everything they needed to do to perform. Unfortunately, old TMac wasted all of their best years.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712791 is a reply to message #712790 ]
Thu, 29 March 2018 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

At least their rookies didn't score their first NHL goal against us?

Lucic was AWFUL. I made a point of watching closely every shift, similar to how someone had done with Russell last season.
Turnovers from him alone were in the double digits. Made one nice play towards the end of the game to keep the play alive then ruined it by still being out there 30 secs later when he wasted all that time.

No idea why he's all of a sudden fallen off such a cliff, but he's bringing negative value right now.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712795 is a reply to message #712791 ]
Thu, 29 March 2018 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Thu, 29 March 2018 22:48

Lucic was AWFUL. I made a point of watching closely every shift, similar to how someone had done with Russell last season.
Turnovers from him alone were in the double digits. Made one nice play towards the end of the game to keep the play alive then ruined it by still being out there 30 secs later when he wasted all that time.

No idea why he's all of a sudden fallen off such a cliff, but he's bringing negative value right now.

Lucic has definitely become a completely ridiculous hockey player. Guy doesn't give 2 craps anymore. Just blindly throws pucks away so he doesn't have to do any work trying to carry or protect it, not that he could do that either if he wanted to. He's just nothing but a giveaway machine and a guy that takes 20 ft runs at guys now and then (and usually misses). Kassian would probably be just as productive as him if he got the gift minutes Lucic got all year.

Getting very hard to imagine how he reinvents himself this summer.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712796 is a reply to message #712795 ]
Thu, 29 March 2018 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 29 March 2018 22:54

Lucic has definitely become a completely ridiculous hockey player. Guy doesn't give 2 craps anymore. Just blindly throws pucks away so he doesn't have to do any work trying to carry or protect it, not that he could do that either if he wanted to. He's just nothing but a giveaway machine and a guy that takes 20 ft runs at guys now and then (and usually misses). Kassian would probably be just as productive as him if he got the gift minutes Lucic got all year.

If you, at the beginning of the season, told me that Kassian and Lucic would have the same amount of goals scored come March 29th, I would think (barring injury) that Kassian had one absolutely unreal season.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712797 is a reply to message #712796 ]
Thu, 29 March 2018 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Thu, 29 March 2018 22:59

If you, at the beginning of the season, told me that Kassian and Lucic would have the same amount of goals scored come March 29th, I would think (barring injury) that Kassian had one absolutely unreal season.

Wow, they do have the same number of ES goals (7). Good job.......Kassian?

Just another funny stat now that I look. McDavid is still the only guy with more PP points this year than Yak had his rookie year in 48 games.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712798 is a reply to message #712797 ]
Thu, 29 March 2018 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 29 March 2018 23:02

Just another funny stat now that I look. McDavid is still the only guy with more PP points this year than Yak had his rookie year in 48 games.

Yes, sorry even strength goals.

The team, obviously McDavid is in a league of his own, but the team is a literal garbage fire. It will take a momumental circle jerk of epic proportions to fix this and I truly believe Chiarelli possesses too short of arms for the required distance per individual in the CJ sessions needed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712799 is a reply to message #712798 ]
Thu, 29 March 2018 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Thu, 29 March 2018 23:28

The team, obviously McDavid is in a league of his own, but the team is a literal garbage fire. It will take a momumental circle jerk of epic proportions to fix this and I truly believe Chiarelli possesses too short of arms for the required distance per individual in the CJ sessions needed.

Thinking a circle jerk where all the guys involved end up dead dehydrated husks?

That might actually work! Who will volunteer to help make up for the short arms of Chia?

[Updated on: Thu, 29 March 2018 23:47]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712803 is a reply to message #712799 ]
Fri, 30 March 2018 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 29 March 2018 23:44

Thinking a circle jerk where all the guys involved end up dead dehydrated husks?

That might actually work! Who will volunteer to help make up for the short arms of Chia?

All the dehydrated husks.

And hey, why not? I'll join in...maybe my voice would be heard!? Worst case? Well... I'd be in a participant in the circle jerk to end all circle jerks with important players from the Boys on the Bus! Best case... well I mean Katz has had deals turn out worse...

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712805 is a reply to message #712803 ]
Fri, 30 March 2018 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

2 Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Fri, 30 March 2018 10:21

And hey, why not? I'll join in...maybe my voice would be heard!? Worst case? Well... I'd be in a participant in the circle jerk to end all circle jerks with important players from the Boys on the Bus! Best case... well I mean Katz has had deals turn out worse...

Oil Fans Annual Circle Jerk?

OFACJ

This should probably be held either in Banff or at Rogers' Place.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.

2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.

2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid hoping it's Drain-O.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712807 is a reply to message #712805 ]
Fri, 30 March 2018 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Fri, 30 March 2018 10:57

OFACJ

Banff. I hear it's nice.

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Drink wine, fall faster, and fly. Fly, baby, fly.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712810 is a reply to message #712807 ]
Fri, 30 March 2018 16:11 Go to previous message

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 30 March 2018 11:28

Magnum wrote on Fri, 30 March 2018 10:57

OFACJ

Banff. I hear it's nice.

Agreed. OFACJ should be held in Banff.

Word of warning to the person on my left, I took a slap shot off my cup when I was 15 and have had a pretty wicked curve since (y’know, damaged muscle and all) so I apologize if you feel as though you came hurling down Splash Mountain.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712804 is a reply to message #712795 ]
Fri, 30 March 2018 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Or Slepyshev.

Limecat Logic

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712786 is a reply to message #712784 ]
Thu, 29 March 2018 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Lucic killed about 45 seconds on his own out there. And that final attack where all the Oilers decided to play left wing and stand on the blue line boards was epic. They got the puck and had no one to pass to because they were all....there.

If only there was one consistent we could identify on why this team is always so bad....

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712787 is a reply to message #712784 ]
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

At least get McDavid another couple of points! Pathetic! Our fearless leader is the only one that really looks like he knows what he's doing out there. Honestly, poor Lucic looks like he should be playing in the minors. That contract alone is reason enough to question the viability of this management group going forward.( unless ongoing losing and incompetence while milking the fan base is you're goal )

[Updated on: Fri, 30 March 2018 12:04]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712788 is a reply to message #712783 ]
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Did the Oilers deserve the win? Did the Nucks deserve the win? it was such a dead rubber of a game that I'm not sure how I stayed awake.

Why Lucic was out at the end I don't know, man will be on Mars before he scores again.

I'm still convinced that this team if we get off to a good start next season we'll see a repeat of last year, we are so fragile after so many poor years that one good season won't correct everything. Things like tonight with Stome's shot hitting the bar, last year that would have gone in.

Oh well another season is coming to a close.. Time for some sleep now.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712793 is a reply to message #712788 ]
Thu, 29 March 2018 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Leia wrote on Thu, 29 March 2018 22:40

we are so fragile after so many poor years that one good season won't correct everything

After a major shift in dressing room personnel, roster turnover, since The Todd and Pistol Pete took over, I don’t buy the ‘this Team is so fragile after so many years’ schtick.

This coaching staff doesn’t set up nor support the players for success.

This management team doesn’t set up nor support the coaching staff for success.

Darryl Katz... Bob Nicholson... whoever actually makes the decisions on Hockey Ops needs to send this coaching and management staff packing.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712800 is a reply to message #712780 ]
Fri, 30 March 2018 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

There are too many guys on this team that are not playing to the level of legit NHL'ers, some used to be legit, and have fallen mightily (Sekera, Lucic, Klefbom), and some that might never be (Benning, Cagguila, Auvitu). Some past their time (Cammellari). The bottom 5 or 6 forwards aren't too bad, its the top 6 wingers, top 6 they have one legit winger, and he's a center. The rest of the problem is defense, as we all know. Larrsson and Nurse are legit NHL, but have a lot mistakes to get out of their game to be NHL level top 2.

As much as I criticize McClennan, to quote ex-CFL QB Casey Printers infamous line, a parting shot as he was being cut by the Kansas City Chiefs (deciding to throw his team mates under the bus) ... "Coach, c'mon.. how am I supposed to make chicken salad.. out of chicken sh#t?".

I'd argue the absence of viable chicken falls on Chiarelli.

But then again... how does it take a coach 1 1/2 years to finally throw RNH on a line with McDavid... or relentlessly keeping Letestu and Lucic on the PP, and in Letestu's case, the PK as well?

[Updated on: Fri, 30 March 2018 00:24]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #78) [message #712801 is a reply to message #712780 ]
Fri, 30 March 2018 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

2 Cups

Hmm, McGoal + the Dys get two anti-Dahlin points.

That's a win-win in this throwaway season.

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #79)
Next Topic:Worst Chiarelli Move.. so far
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca