This day on May 25
None

Happy Birthday To: laraque, Kingmeat, JustinCider, kuhnadian, chris waugh

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709093]
Mon, 12 February 2018 19:05 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

2 Cups

Final

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709094 is a reply to message #709093 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

1 Cup

I'm tuning in on time for this game so I don't miss the Panthers goal scored in the first 3 minutes

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709095 is a reply to message #709093 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I wonder how the <current year> Oilers feel about walking a gauntlet consisting of the greatest team in history (trademark) on the way to the ice?

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Red wine summit in Banff!

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709096 is a reply to message #709093 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

7 minutes into a game without giving up a goal.

#progress

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709100 is a reply to message #709093 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Well, took 18 minutes and a bogus penalty, but the Panthers are up 1-0

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709102 is a reply to message #709093 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

16/17 Talbot stops that one.

2-2

Limecat Logic

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709106 is a reply to message #709102 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

No Cups

Caggiula’s goal might have been the prettiest Oilers goal
of the year.

Need more of that.

Too bad we crap the bed seconds later.

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709108 is a reply to message #709106 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

No Cups

We really can’t get a call.

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709111 is a reply to message #709093 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Dat PK. So good.

Hook and slash McDavid all night and don't take a penalty. Anyone that falls or moves their body awkwardly anywhere near Pulju draws a call.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709112 is a reply to message #709093 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

4 Cups

So, who gets fired first in the offseason? Someone should open up a poll so we can cast our votes.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709119 is a reply to message #709112 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh  is currently offline Babaganoosh

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 21:27

So, who gets fired first in the offseason? Someone should open up a poll so we can cast our votes.

No one. They will trot out the old myriad of excuses, blame the players. No way a super smart management group like ours doesn't know a thing or two about winning.

" If you have anything good to say, say it off!"

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709137 is a reply to message #709119 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Babaganoosh wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 21:42

No one. They will trot out the old myriad of excuses, blame the players. No way a super smart management group like ours doesn't know a thing or two about winning.

Chia's getting the axe.

Someone in the Oilers camp leaked both that he almost traded Hall for Ceci AND that he had a deal basically agreed to with Draisaitl at the draft for a million a year less. That suggests to me that the team is laying groundwork to blame and dismiss him.

It's deserved. He took a job that should have been relatively easy on a team flush with talent and turned them in to a less talented bunch that still loses despite having the best player in the world.

Only problem is that he shouldn't be the only one, but he didn't play for the best team in NHL history, so he's the easiest fire to make.

It'll be interesting to see if McLellan gets fired too. I could see the team trying to save a little money by keeping him. You'll note that the Edmonton media (mostly mouthpieces for the Old Boys) have repeatedly praised McLellan and deflected blame away from him, despite special teams that are ungodly bad. If you believe it's all signalling - and I tend to believe that the Oilers are ALWAYS signalling their moves - then Chia's out, but McLellan stays in...at least for another half season.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709149 is a reply to message #709137 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 22:20

Babaganoosh wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 21:42

Chia's getting the axe.

Someone in the Oilers camp leaked both that he almost traded Hall for Ceci AND that he had a deal basically agreed to with Draisaitl at the draft for a million a year less. That suggests to me that the team is laying groundwork to blame and dismiss him.

It's deserved. He took a job that should have been relatively easy on a team flush with talent and turned them in to a less talented bunch that still loses despite having the best player in the world.

Only problem is that he shouldn't be the only one, but he didn't play for the best team in NHL history, so he's the easiest fire to make.

It'll be interesting to see if McLellan gets fired too. I could see the team trying to save a little money by keeping him. You'll note that the Edmonton media (mostly mouthpieces for the Old Boys) have repeatedly praised McLellan and deflected blame away from him, despite special teams that are ungodly bad. If you believe it's all signalling - and I tend to believe that the Oilers are ALWAYS signalling their moves - then Chia's out, but McLellan stays in...at least for another half season.

They basically came as a package, so they should leave as such. Bring in Lombardi and Sutter. Anyone who can make an intelligent decision would work at this point.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709113 is a reply to message #709093 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Shocked that TMac let Slep play tonight.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709116 is a reply to message #709093 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Did anyone think Talbot was gonna stop that penalty shot?

Me either.

Limecat Logic

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709118 is a reply to message #709116 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 21:33

Me either.

Hate to blame a goalie coach and I hope it doesn't mean other guys get let off the hook, but fire Schwartz. Talbot has forgot everything he learned from his time with Lundqvist and the NYR staff.

Talbot and LB are clones now.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 February 2018 21:42]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709158 is a reply to message #709118 ]
Tue, 13 February 2018 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 21:36

Me either.

Hate to blame a goalie coach and I hope it doesn't mean other guys get let off the hook, but fire Schwartz. Talbot has forgot everything he learned from his time with Lundqvist and the NYR staff.

It's hard not to wonder if the goalie coach has something to do with Talbot. Last nights game was just another example of how its gone this year. You as a team put up 5 goals and your goalie by his own admission lets in 4 stinkers. He said it himself that he'd like to have 4 goals back. If Talbot was a young goalie up from the farm showing what he has, he'd be down in the farm that night because it would be clear he's not NHL ready. 4 bad goals in 1 game?

This team has a lot of problems and the coach and GM need to shoulder a truck load of blame but holy crap Talbot, make an f-ing save. Like seriously, do your freaking job and make an F-ing save. Pathetic. At this point, no coach on this team is off the hook and I don't know what he is telling him but I doubt whatever tweaks they are doing have Talbot getting beat clean repeatedly with long range, unscreened wrist shots. I heard Remenda complaining about the Dadanov goal and the Oilers giving up the line. Oilers take the lead, have some momentum. Its 1 on 2. Could the Dmen have stood him up better, I guess so but all they gave him was a 40 ft unscreened wrist shot. At this level, if I am a dman, I give that up to a guy all day long because your starter should stop that every freaking time. The PK sucks. It's pretty clear their system is brutal as it's going to break a record for the worst of all time at home. But I don't care how good your PK system is, your goalie has to make a save once in a while. If all it takes to score is putting a shot on goal, you have no chance. What do they have to do not allow a shot anymore?

[Updated on: Tue, 13 February 2018 08:29]

Re: GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #709199 is a reply to message #709158 ]
Tue, 13 February 2018 17:54 Go to previous message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 13 February 2018 08:19

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 21:36

Me either.

It's hard not to wonder if the goalie coach has something to do with Talbot. Last nights game was just another example of how its gone this year. You as a team put up 5 goals and your goalie by his own admission lets in 4 stinkers. He said it himself that he'd like to have 4 goals back. If Talbot was a young goalie up from the farm showing what he has, he'd be down in the farm that night because it would be clear he's not NHL ready. 4 bad goals in 1 game?

This team has a lot of problems and the coach and GM need to shoulder a truck load of blame but holy crap Talbot, make an f-ing save. Like seriously, do your freaking job and make an F-ing save. Pathetic. At this point, no coach on this team is off the hook and I don't know what he is telling him but I doubt whatever tweaks they are doing have Talbot getting beat clean repeatedly with long range, unscreened wrist shots. I heard Remenda complaining about the Dadanov goal and the Oilers giving up the line. Oilers take the lead, have some momentum. Its 1 on 2. Could the Dmen have stood him up better, I guess so but all they gave him was a 40 ft unscreened wrist shot. At this level, if I am a dman, I give that up to a guy all day long because your starter should stop that every freaking time. The PK sucks. It's pretty clear their system is brutal as it's going to break a record for the worst of all time at home. But I don't care how good your PK system is, your goalie has to make a save once in a while. If all it takes to score is putting a shot on goal, you have no chance. What do they have to do not allow a shot anymore?

As much as we complain about almost every aspect of this team ( there are a few exceptions ) goal tending is the key. How many did Talbot win for the team last season with stellar play? For whatever reason, it's gone away except in spurts here and there, like his head isn't in the game. We could easily be in a play off position if he was playing as well as he did last season. The team suffers because of it. Might have to go goalie shopping!

Previous Topic:Beaverton Diss
Next Topic:Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #55)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca