This day on April 19
None

Happy Birthday To: jari17, trehorse, 5mowill, Dragon_Matt, smyth2007

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45) [message #707167]
Fri, 12 January 2018 21:20 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

2 Cups

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
Congratulations to: BOLT862, boulangj and Tuffy for predicting the score.

Edmonton to win: 78%
Arizona to win: 23%
40 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45) [message #707173 is a reply to message #707167 ]
Fri, 12 January 2018 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

4 Cups

AHanha , this is what hapenes whene I drink booze!! Then again, i'ts only the worst team the Oilz beat tonight, so its too early to buy th eplayoff tickkets yt..... rock rock rock rock

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45) [message #707174 is a reply to message #707167 ]
Fri, 12 January 2018 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilMJMOil  is currently offline OilMJMOil

No Cups

So uh... thanks for bringing Montoya in Mr. Chiarelli

2016: We need to get heavier, and we need a defenseman!

2018: We need to get faster, and we need a defenseman!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45) [message #707175 is a reply to message #707174 ]
Fri, 12 January 2018 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Fri, 12 January 2018 21:34

Maroon tried his best to not make it totally apparent the team has had zero confidence in their goaltending, especially the backup, this season. But it was pretty obvious hehe.

Glad McDavid was able to put on a little bit of a show for people. Overall though, that game deserved the 10k crowd.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45) [message #707177 is a reply to message #707174 ]
Fri, 12 January 2018 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Fri, 12 January 2018 21:34

Four more appearances until Montreal gets that upgraded pick!

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45) [message #707176 is a reply to message #707167 ]
Fri, 12 January 2018 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Whatever.....if they play like this tomorrow in Vegas they'll score one and give up 5 or 6.

The Oilers look like they're just getting together in late August, can't make a pass, giveaways, can't clear a puck. Draisaitl's dumb turnover late on the same old play that has caused a ton of turnovers this year nearly cost the Oilers the lead late. They just have to eliminate that play because other teams watch video. Terrible.

Montoya steadied the ship after just another shamble of a start by the Oilers and Talbot gives up 2 on 3 shots. There's no way the Oilers would have gotten that from LB. No way.

Long story short, there's absolutely nothing in this club that shows that they're any better than where they sit in the standings.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45) [message #707178 is a reply to message #707176 ]
Fri, 12 January 2018 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

Does it strike anyone as though Cam is trying to be traded?

He’s only had a handful of good games this year, a handful of decent ones and a bag load of pretty bad ones. Either something is really wrong with this guy, or he wants out...

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45) [message #707181 is a reply to message #707178 ]
Fri, 12 January 2018 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Fri, 12 January 2018 23:08

He’s only had a handful of good games this year, a handful of decent ones and a bag load of pretty bad ones. Either something is really wrong with this guy, or he wants out...

Or the team is terrible and he faces a lot of really tough shots, often really early in the game?

Or maybe he's not fully recovered from his injury and the team's still got him penciled in for 60+ starts?

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45) [message #707182 is a reply to message #707181 ]
Fri, 12 January 2018 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 12 January 2018 23:11

Or the team is terrible and he faces a lot of really tough shots, often really early in the game?

Or maybe he's not fully recovered from his injury and the team's still got him penciled in for 60+ starts?

He just needs this season to end. Poor start, and no escape, he has to keep going out there struggling and I don't think he has any confidence at this point, especially with the season basically over.

He certainly faced his fair share of tough shots, but he was making a lot more big saves last year, like any good team needs his goalie to. This year, he's been slow reacting to plays, tracking pucks poorly, and just not looking like himself most nights.

Better luck next year! Better pick or no, Talbot should be played a lot less the rest of this season. I would like to see Montoya playing like 40% of the games the rest of the year.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 January 2018 23:21]

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45) [message #707184 is a reply to message #707182 ]
Fri, 12 January 2018 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 12 January 2018 23:16

He just needs this season to end. Poor start, and no escape, he has to keep going out there struggling and I don't think he has any confidence at this point, especially with the season basically over.

He certainly faced his fair share of tough shots, but he was making a lot more big saves last year, like any good team needs his goalie to. This year, he's been slow reacting to plays, tracking pucks poorly, and just not looking like himself most nights.

Better luck next year! Better pick or no, Talbot should be played a lot less the rest of this season. I would like to see Montoya playing like 40% of the games the rest of the year.

Haha...watch the Oilers shut down Montoya to save the draft pick after 5 appearances...

I'm still not sure what Chiarelli was thinking there...the season's lost and Brossoit helped flush it. What's the point of picking up a backup goalie now???

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45) [message #707186 is a reply to message #707184 ]
Fri, 12 January 2018 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 12 January 2018 23:39

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 12 January 2018 23:16

Haha...watch the Oilers shut down Montoya to save the draft pick after 5 appearances...

I'm still not sure what Chiarelli was thinking there...the season's lost and Brossoit helped flush it. What's the point of picking up a backup goalie now???

Try to find a way to not make all your players hate hockey? Or maybe to try to help get some guys going to sell at the deadline? Talbot struggling and LB letting in long range nothing shots for 40 more games might not be the best way to finish off this year.

Just my theory. Clearly he should have done it long ago, but there may be some value in still doing it anyways.

I guess another theory is that Chia finally received the telegram from around the world that McLellan sent him begging for a backup. Just guessing that's how those 2 communicate since they never seem to be in sync on anything.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 January 2018 23:54]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45) [message #707189 is a reply to message #707186 ]
Sat, 13 January 2018 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

I succumbed to the draw of live hockey rather than wait till the morning, only to find that the so called 3am start was actually a 2am start... Thank you tv company!! Anyway, whilst it means nothing in terms of this season and where we'll end up, I felt we at least found a way to come back and win after falling behind early once more. I know it was against Arizona, but it's a germ for them to cling onto the tonight when the inevitable happens.

We had the Arizona feed over here, and yet all they talked about was McDavid, which was fun and whilst they didn't mention it, you could clearly hear the Let's Go Oilers chants.

On that front can you guys create something better, something unique and catchy instead of the lets go oilers chant please.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45) [message #707185 is a reply to message #707182 ]
Fri, 12 January 2018 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Something I really noticed tonight was how much better Montoya handles the puck outside the crease compared to Talbot. I like Talbot a lot most of the time, but even when he is on his game I get nervous when he is out of his bet Montoya made an effort to make a couple plays and did a better job with passes under pressure.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45) [message #707191 is a reply to message #707167 ]
Sat, 13 January 2018 06:33 Go to previous message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

Great comeback win. Thank you McDavid, Nurse, Montoya.

Notes;

1. Too many brainless turnovers to count. Especially trying to get it out their zone, almost out, everyone going up the ice, and the Oiler with the puck coughs it up with a weak effort at the blue line, it goes the other way, keeping it in the zone for a grade A against. Lucic did it all night, LD served up a big pizza (and others), countless other players, it was like a disease. How can you go score goals if you can't get it out of your own end? Most of the time McD had to carry it out himself just to get the puck moving up the ice. Glaring problem.

2. Why isn't Nurse on the PP? Great shot, mobile.. perfect point man. The GM trying to keep his asking price for next years contract as low as possible?

3. If anybody on McDavid's line could convert those sweet Grade A set ups he'd have a 100 points by now.

4. Its amazing how many times when the cycle gets going in the Oiler end that one of the D-men will totally abandon the front of the net and leave an opposing player all alone ready to pump it home..Oilers have been exploited by this all year.

5. I think we saw the best 3rd assist in NHL history last night with the McD assist on Maroons goal... if anyone is keeping track...

6. Oh.. and McDavid is the league MVP despite the Oiler record, nobody else comes close.

[Updated on: Sat, 13 January 2018 06:36]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Las Vegas (Game #46)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #45)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca