Brandon Davidson on Waivers [message #704559]
Sat, 02 December 2017 13:07 Go to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

Claim Davidson?[ 52 vote(s) ]
1.Yes, He's better than Auvitu, Gryba and anything else in Bakersfield 44 / 85%
2.No, He won't change a thing on the Defense 3 / 6%
3.No, because it would imply the Oilers made a mistake 5 / 10%

Should Oilers pick him up? I think he's better than some current options on D, and I don't think Montreal really gave him a shot.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 December 2017 14:45]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Brandon Davidson on Waivers [message #704569 is a reply to message #704559 ]
Sat, 02 December 2017 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

I'm not sure what the current rules are, but since they took Walker yesterday, doesn't that move them last in line for waiver pickups? Or am I making that up?

It would be nice if they picked him up, especially with Larson out right now. He already knows the team and would probably just fit right back in, unless he holds some resentment.

Also, this kind of puts a damper on the whole Montreal doing a lot to help Davidson thing. Putting a guy on waivers doesn't help him a whole lot.

Re: Brandon Davidson on Waivers [message #704570 is a reply to message #704569 ]
Sat, 02 December 2017 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

You might be right, which make picking up a weak player like Walker on waivers yesterday even stupider, because the rumour was out that Montreal wanted to move Davidson, he should have been on Oiler radar, Asleep At the Wheel is a common theme with these guys.

Pro scouting group has to be one of the worst in the NHL, even after the succession of purges.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Re: Brandon Davidson on Waivers [message #704580 is a reply to message #704569 ]
Sat, 02 December 2017 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Sat, 02 December 2017 14:44

I'm not sure what the current rules are, but since they took Walker yesterday, doesn't that move them last in line for waiver pickups? Or am I making that up?

It would be nice if they picked him up, especially with Larson out right now. He already knows the team and would probably just fit right back in, unless he holds some resentment.

Also, this kind of puts a damper on the whole Montreal doing a lot to help Davidson thing. Putting a guy on waivers doesn't help him a whole lot.

Nope! We can keep picking up players with impunity. After November 1, I think the waiver order is reset daily based on standings. We've got only a small number of teams worse than us at the moment, so we'd have a good chance at getting him if we want.

I still think that the Oilers fear of admitting mistakes, along with the extra contract we just picked up in Walker, is going to cause us to pass.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: Brandon Davidson on Waivers [message #704584 is a reply to message #704559 ]
Sat, 02 December 2017 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Saw this stat on twitter;
Oilers with Eric Gryba in the lineup this season: 6-13-0 Team GAA: 3.7
Oilers without Eric Gryba in the lineup this year: 4-1-2. Team GAA: 2.14

Tell me again how he brings toughness and physicality that is so important to success?

#CarpeDiem4Life
#GlassHalfFull

Seasons without a terrible signing or trade counter= 1 (July 1, 2018 to present)

Re: Brandon Davidson on Waivers [message #704682 is a reply to message #704559 ]
Sun, 03 December 2017 20:24 Go to previous message

4 Cups

Looks like the Oilfans poll has spoken, thy will shall be done!
Welcome back Brandon Davidson!
He was pushing for a top 4 spot before d-bag Takchuk slew footed him.
Has decent speed, I don't expect to see him chugging back to his zone and losing ground on an opposing player during breaks too often. Did his time in the AHL, learned some basic D fundamentals, which has been scarce with the Oil some games.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Previous Topic:Drastic Measures
Next Topic:Hurricanes "Close to" being sold for $500 million
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca