This day on December 17
None

Happy Birthday To: pupper, amandeepman88, killerabbie, nev'z87, Oilerifik, idekoning

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704021]
Tue, 28 November 2017 21:20 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

2 Cups

Final (OT)

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
Congratulations to: Fuhrsie, George, hockeyplayer01, Leia, Mesa Mac, Mullet, stotto and ziltoid for predicting the score.

Edmonton to win:   79%
Arizona to win:   21%
42 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704022 is a reply to message #704021 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vsove  is currently offline vsove

1 Cup

10 minutes left, but the bot gets it.

No Mo' Lowe | Fire McLellan | Fire everyone.

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704026 is a reply to message #704022 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

And another loss for the Oil. They look disorganized, lack engagement, lack heart, lack skill. The puck bounces over everyone's stick like a bouncy ball. How does the GM and Coaching staff still have a job?

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704039 is a reply to message #704026 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Tue, 28 November 2017 21:30

And another loss for the Oil. They look disorganized, lack engagement, lack heart, lack skill. The puck bounces over everyone's stick like a bouncy ball. How does the GM and Coaching staff still have a job?

You suck

Limecat Logic

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704097 is a reply to message #704039 ]
Wed, 29 November 2017 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

My Lord... watching the highlights from last night, our defensive zone coverage is absolutely terrible. It is SOOOOOO bad.

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704036 is a reply to message #704021 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

2 Cups

Two wins in a row... tying a season high!*

*The last two wins both took overtime, this one is slightly better?

I do like the two posters that were early to the party here! rofl

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704037 is a reply to message #704021 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOnzmiVCcAAaRdL.png

Terrible Ted

Limecat Logic

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704094 is a reply to message #704037 ]
Wed, 29 November 2017 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

That's a sweet hat.

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704038 is a reply to message #704021 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

Bad game but take the 2.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704040 is a reply to message #704038 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

No Cups

1st star the post. 2nd Nuge. 3rd Talbot.

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704042 is a reply to message #704021 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

That effort was definitely good enough to stay no lower than 30th this year. Would be really nice if they could try a little harder to extend this win streak.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 November 2017 22:00]

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704048 is a reply to message #704021 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

My penance - to the tune of 'Softball' from the Simpsons (I'm a few drinks in tonight).

Well Todd McLellan's done it.
The Oilers finally won it.
With Woodcroft failing badly all the while.
Matt Benning's well-timed wrist shot made us smile.
Don't know just what you slipped in on the bathroom tile!
We're talkin' hoooockey!
With Lucic and McDavid!
Talkin' hooooockey!
'Cause Nuge still isn't traded.
Kris Russell didn't starfish on the ice!
Zach Kassian's goal was pretty nice!
We're talking Darnell!
Talbot and the Drake!

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704049 is a reply to message #704021 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

1 Cup

Nice to see TMac learning and as a result, no Lucic at all in OT.

Visual Win > Moral Win > Strong Effort with signs of improvement > Actual Win

December 15th, 2014: REBUILD #4 OFFICIALLY BEGINS!

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704051 is a reply to message #704021 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Got the luck and Talbot ( and the post ) had to be good in OT. Very sloppy play by the Oilers I thought and they were lucky to win this one. Starting to see why people question Pakarienen being in the lineup, he can't contribute much but bringing some energy. I guess Arizona played well defensively but the Oilers kept turning the puck over and couldn't seem to connect with their passes much. Looked like a fire drill but at least they gave themselves a bit of a chance and won it. If they play like that on Thursday the Leafs will hand them their asses!

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704052 is a reply to message #704051 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

What did Khaira and Puljujarvi do to play themselves out of the lineup? I thought they were both playing really well. Change for the sake of change?

At first I was happy to see Strome on PP1 instead of Letestu, but they positioned him on the right side and the left hand shot on the left side...makes zero sense to me as neither could one timer from there, but what do I know.

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704054 is a reply to message #704052 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 28 November 2017 22:42

What did Khaira and Puljujarvi do to play themselves out of the lineup? I thought they were both playing really well. Change for the sake of change?

At first I was happy to see Strome on PP1 instead of Letestu, but they positioned him on the right side and the left hand shot on the left side...makes zero sense to me as neither could one timer from there, but what do I know.

Yeah, the PP scheme tonight was different, but also no good. Strome on the right half-wall makes zero sense. He isn't in a good position to shoot or pass from there, and we have three better players to set-up as the half-wall guy. I really think the coaching staff is out of ideas.

McLellan looked a little haggard behind the bench tonight...either he has the flu, or this win meant an awful lot for his continued career.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704057 is a reply to message #704054 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 28 November 2017 23:10

Yeah, the PP scheme tonight was different, but also no good. Strome on the right half-wall makes zero sense. He isn't in a good position to shoot or pass from there, and we have three better players to set-up as the half-wall guy. I really think the coaching staff is out of ideas.

McLellan looked a little haggard behind the bench tonight...either he has the flu, or this win meant an awful lot for his continued career.

Probably because he was up all night trying to come up with a plausible meaning of his dumb Draisatl comment. Or should I say compliment.

Either that or he thought the presser was about Todd Nelson.

Limecat Logic

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704062 is a reply to message #704057 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

g2k wrote on Tue, 28 November 2017 23:18

Probably because he was up all night trying to come up with a plausible meaning of his dumb Draisatl comment. Or should I say compliment.

Oh, was that a compliment for LD, according to the coach? Didn't listen to 1260 today. How did TM sell that as a compliment?

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704064 is a reply to message #704062 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Tue, 28 November 2017 23:28

Oh, was that a compliment for LD, according to the coach? Didn't listen to 1260 today. How did TM sell that as a compliment?

Now he's saying it's a thing from his Detroit days. Apparently they used to say Datsyuk was skating for his teammates when he had guys draped on him so other guys could get opened. Skating for yourself apparently is just playing normal hockey. For others is when you have guys draped on you. Media should keep digging on this one IMO :)

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704066 is a reply to message #704064 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 28 November 2017 23:31

K.McC#24 wrote on Tue, 28 November 2017 23:28

Now he's saying it's a thing from his Detroit days. Apparently they used to say Datsyuk was skating for his teammates when he had guys draped on him so other guys could get opened. Skating for yourself apparently is just playing normal hockey. For others is when you have guys draped on you. Media should keep digging on this one IMO :)

lmao That is one of the most obscure explanations from a coach I've ever heard. I'll have to watch a clip to see if he had a smile or a facial tic when he delivered that doozy.

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704061 is a reply to message #704054 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

That Lucic carry/giveaway on the 1st PP tells you all you need to know about how well this teams PP is coached. A normal team would never have a Lucic doing something like that. He would, as quickly as he possibly could, move the puck to a guy that can actually make a pass, and he would get his butt to the front of the net. Nope, not us, Lucic carries along the boards, dipsy doodles, looks around aimlessly, and tries a hope pass to no one and ends up with a stupid giveaway. It's just so ridiculous. Letestu I think had another stupid throwaway play on that PP as well. How are we still letting that stuff happen? How do you let guys like Lucic and Letestu kill your PP possessions while they're trying to be playmakers?

[Updated on: Tue, 28 November 2017 23:32]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704096 is a reply to message #704052 ]
Wed, 29 November 2017 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prince Albert 1  is currently offline Prince Albert 1

No Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 28 November 2017 23:42

Khaira haas been banged up. The decision to sit JP is mind boggling at best. Sounds like he's on 97's line at practice today though.

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704132 is a reply to message #704096 ]
Wed, 29 November 2017 15:23 Go to previous message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Really, what this team can't seem to do is score enough and they sit his offensive potential in favor of pluggers.Maybe he had the flu.

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704053 is a reply to message #704021 ]
Tue, 28 November 2017 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Seriously, though. Fire Woodcroft. Our special teams are atrocious.

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704073 is a reply to message #704021 ]
Wed, 29 November 2017 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mullet  is currently offline Mullet

No Cups

Awful game that they were lucky to pull out. PP is atrocious, Klefbom falling all over the ice and Maroon with some real bonehead plays. Even McD wasn't putting it together with a lot of dead plays. He definitely needs to shoot as opposed to deferring to players like Pakerinen. These guys hopefully are just playing to the competition otherwise they are going o get spanked against TO.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #704074 is a reply to message #704073 ]
Wed, 29 November 2017 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

2 Cups

Ugly game but they won and got the much needed 2 points. You could pretty much see that game coming. First game back from the road trip up against a lesser opponent. I thought up front the only guys doing anything were Nuge and Lucic. I thought Klefbom and Benning were decent and Talbot was good. The posts were fantastic. But a win is a win.

Previous Topic:The get excited thread
Next Topic:Chia says Hello World
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2017.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca