This day on November 20
None

Happy Birthday To: d_ottosen, lambofgad, Ofer, JayStyles, oilpride5

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701729]
Sun, 05 November 2017 14:05 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

2 Cups

Final

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701730 is a reply to message #701729 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

Ryan Strome looked pretty weak there. Lost the battle in the corner, weak pursuit, then doesn't take the stick on the tip.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701731 is a reply to message #701730 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

haha refs. Phantom call on Maroon. Total fluke goal for the wings to start the game off, tipping the puck from a mile wide.

Hopefully this is not the way the game will go.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701732 is a reply to message #701731 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ugly defending by Russell and Gryba. Russell spinning in circles, while Gryba was actually behind Talbot in the crease there, taking no one.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701733 is a reply to message #701729 ]
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

1 Cup

Seems like the usual Wings refs showed up. You'd think the league would take away the preferential treatment now that they suck.

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701742 is a reply to message #701733 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

5 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sun, 05 November 2017 13:25

Seems like the usual Wings refs showed up. You'd think the league would take away the preferential treatment now that they suck.

One of the worst phantom calls of the year, you could barely see the skates contact on the slo-mo replay, and the ref calls that in real time from 30 feet away, never mind Nielsen was the one who skated into the back of Maroon's skate, you'd only make that call if you were waiting for the slightest excuse to call something.
Maybe as a bonus payment these stripes get a life time supply of pizza pies.

Great example how a few bad calls can change the flow of a game, Oilers getting the PP going, then it turns into another goal against.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $3.1 M

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701734 is a reply to message #701729 ]

6 Cups

And of course that phantom call ends up in our net. Russell and Gryba looking clueless in front of our net.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701735 is a reply to message #701734 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

So Maroon's was interference but that right there wasn't. Got it.

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701737 is a reply to message #701735 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Sun, 05 November 2017 14:33

So Maroon's was interference but that right there wasn't. Got it.

The Oilers, 11 years and counting of trying to earn those stripes with the refs.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701739 is a reply to message #701735 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jerekybeef  is currently offline jerekybeef

No Cups

Can McLellan just step down and take the rest of these jokers with him? Isn't there a better head coach available that is willing to switch up the things that don't work? How is it that the entire team took a step backwards this year? Is it because of the pressure from the high Cup odds? This team continues to frustrate on every level. Maybe thats the greatest consistency they have is the inability to actually operated a professional team from the Oilers right down to the minor leagues. They mismanage assets, make weird moves and hardly progress. I don't get it.

Well, friends the time has come to usher in a new era. One in which we hold our heads high and proudly say, "We were Oilers once, and men too"

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701741 is a reply to message #701734 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 05 November 2017 14:25

And of course that phantom call ends up in our net. Russell and Gryba looking clueless in front of our net.

hehe, that was pretty awful by McDavid/Drai too looking at the replay.

Hopefully McLellan lets them hear about it in the post game with the media if we do end up losing.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701738 is a reply to message #701729 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I blame the refs for making me say "suck it Nyquist".

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701740 is a reply to message #701729 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vsove  is currently offline vsove

1 Cup

I've been driving the last three hours. Looking at the score, I think I will take a nap instead of watching the game.

No Mo' Lowe | Fire McLellan | Fire everyone.

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701743 is a reply to message #701729 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Yamamoto, looks like his last game, kid is OK, but nothing productive happening, might as well get the season pass to WHL buslines.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701745 is a reply to message #701729 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

1 Cup

Oilers are OK, just get one back before the end of the second and things will be alright.

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701746 is a reply to message #701729 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Are the oilers an expansion team that was just thrown together yesterday? THey look like they've never played together before when we are trying to create offense. No one seems to have any idea what their teammates are going to do.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701749 is a reply to message #701746 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 05 November 2017 14:20

Are the oilers an expansion team that was just thrown together yesterday? THey look like they've never played together before when we are trying to create offense. No one seems to have any idea what their teammates are going to do.

No, the expansion team you're thinking of is called the Las Vegas Golden Knights, interestingly, they have a winning record.

That last goal happens when no forwards come back in an outnumbered situation, especially your center (Strome). ...plus Talbot, can you make a freaking save sometime?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701747 is a reply to message #701729 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

2 Cups

Well then, no momentum off that last win I guess. I don't get this team.

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701748 is a reply to message #701729 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

woooow, that replay of the red wings zone before that 3rd red wings goal. Our 3 forwards were just standing still in the red wings zone watching the play go back to our end. At some point Caggiula decided to start skating, but way too late.

This team is playing like absolute garbage.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701750 is a reply to message #701729 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Apparently on the Red Wings feed, the announcers were perplexed that a team that had McDavid would choose to build a slow, plodding team around him...

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701752 is a reply to message #701750 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 05 November 2017 14:33

Apparently on the Red Wings feed, the announcers were perplexed that a team that had McDavid would choose to build a slow, plodding team around him...

Its true, you look up and down the lineup, how many have top level NHL speed?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701754 is a reply to message #701750 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 05 November 2017 15:33

Could work if we played a boring trap counter-attack style. But we seem to have brought out a random every guy try to do everything by yourself, back-checking is optional game plan.

Time for Dave Tippett.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 November 2017 15:44]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701755 is a reply to message #701754 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 05 November 2017 14:38

Could work if we played a boring trap counter-attack style. But we seem to have brought out a random every guy try to do everything by yourself, back-checking is optional game plan.

Hit the nail on the head. We'd be better off if we got Lemare out of the retirement castle, or that ex kings coach out of his barn, and employed an all out trap. With McDavid as our "Gaborik" we would be better. I hate trap hockey, understand typing these sentences was painfull for my soul.

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701757 is a reply to message #701755 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Xombie wrote on Sun, 05 November 2017 15:44

Hit the nail on the head. We'd be better off if we got Lemare out of the retirement castle, or that ex kings coach out of his barn, and employed an all out trap. With McDavid as our "Gaborik" we would be better. I hate trap hockey, understand typing these sentences was painfull for my soul.

After all these years, I honestly wouldn't mind a guy like Lemaire, Tippett, Boucher, whatever. Someone that is able to actually make players look like they know what their job is and try to execute it. I just seem more random crap again, reminds me of the Eakins days. Guys just shoot from anywhere (except the PP, we decide to never shoot there), and everyone looks like they have no idea what to do in our end.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 November 2017 15:51]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701760 is a reply to message #701757 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 05 November 2017 15:49

Xombie wrote on Sun, 05 November 2017 15:44

After all these years, I honestly wouldn't mind a guy like Lemaire, Tippett, Boucher, whatever. Someone that is able to actually make players look like they know what their job is and try to execute it. I just seem more random crap again, reminds me of the Eakins days. Guys just shoot from anywhere (except the PP, we decide to never shoot there), and everyone looks like they have no idea what to do in our end.

Watching the attack, it looks like the whole strategy is filter back to the point and blast it. They often swing it from one point to the other, but they're firing away from about as far away from the net as they can be in the attacking zone. There's very little attempt to attack the net from the forwards. They consistently turn back, lay it back to the defense. It's one thing when it's the fourth line doing it, but you've got McDavid, Draisaitl and Nugent-Hopkins doing it too. If they don't score right off the entry, it's cycle back and hope for a rebound.

It's no wonder Nurse and Klefbom have such high shot counts this year and such low shooting percentages (0%, 2%).

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701758 is a reply to message #701750 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Meanwhile, Louie DeBrusk arguing to keep Yamamoto on...in part because the Oilers don't have enough speed.

Three assists in 9 games playing much of his ice time with the best player in the game. There is no good reason to keep him here, and the idea of keeping him and burning a year of his entry-level deal is not a good one.

Now, Chris Kelly isn't the solution. We're adding another fourth liner...that's not going to be helpful. And Spector's hot take on Puljujarvi is questionable at best. Kid had 9 shots in a recent game, and has started scoring now. I'm not sure that sounds like no urgency to me. Not sure if he's ready for primetime yet, but I hate the typical Oilers media drive-by character assassination of yet another kid.

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701751 is a reply to message #701729 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Worst thing is the Oilers are wasting another year of McDavid in his prime. Shameful.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701753 is a reply to message #701751 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh is currently online Babaganoosh

1 Cup

So is this another developmental year?

" If you have anything good to say, say it off!"

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701756 is a reply to message #701753 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oiler76  is currently offline Oiler76

No Cups

An absolute joke. Once again we are the laughingstock of the league.

Chia and TMac (who should be fired) should be ashamed of themselves, gifted a generational talent like McDavid and they are pissing it all down the drain.

I don't post often but enough is enough
angryfire angryfire

" The Vancouver Canucks: Celebrating Second Round Losses for 40 years!"

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701759 is a reply to message #701756 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Oiler76 wrote on Sun, 05 November 2017 14:44

Chia and TMac (who should be fired) should be ashamed of themselves, gifted a generational talent like McDavid and they are pissing it all down the drain.

angryfire angryfire

I better shut up and crawl back under my rock. You're low post to time joined ratio is approaching my epic lurker status!

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701767 is a reply to message #701756 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 16:32 Go to previous message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Oiler76 wrote on Sun, 05 November 2017 15:44

angryfire angryfire

You don’t always post, but when you do...

You hit a home run.

http://www.flask.com/wp-content/uploads/dos-equis-most-interesting-guy-in-the-world.jpeg

Limecat Logic

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701761 is a reply to message #701729 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Damn, it's too bad our PK ended before that 2nd goal against. PK should be 0/2 instead of just 1/2. We need to get to 50% kill rate.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #701762 is a reply to message #701729 ]
Sun, 05 November 2017 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vsove  is currently offline vsove

1 Cup

Well, at least I had a good nap.

No Mo' Lowe | Fire McLellan | Fire everyone.

Previous Topic:Eberle for Strome
Next Topic:Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2017.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca