F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Chris Neil
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Chris Neil [message #698777]
Fri, 08 September 2017 08:57 Go to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

So Chris Neil is looking for work and says he has turned down 1-way offers looking for the right fit. I always liked the guy as he fit into the tough guy who could play type, but unfortunately, I don't think the Oilers are the right fit for him as we already have Kassian fitting that role.

http://www.tsn.ca/neil-i-ve-turned-down-offers-want-right-fi t-1.850826

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Chris Neil [message #698779 is a reply to message #698777 ]
Fri, 08 September 2017 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

2 Cups

Pseudoreality wrote on Fri, 08 September 2017 08:57

So Chris Neil is looking for work and says he has turned down 1-way offers looking for the right fit. I always liked the guy as he fit into the tough guy who could play type, but unfortunately, I don't think the Oilers are the right fit for him as we already have Kassian fitting that role.

If Chris Neal is turning down 1 way offers then he is a moron. He's 38, he's a one dimensional player who's dimension has changed and is being phased out. He can't skate. At 38, you take whatever you can get, most guys his age are long retired.

Re: Chris Neil [message #698783 is a reply to message #698779 ]
Fri, 08 September 2017 10:37 Go to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 08 September 2017 09:46

Pseudoreality wrote on Fri, 08 September 2017 08:57

If Chris Neal is turning down 1 way offers then he is a moron. He's 38, he's a one dimensional player who's dimension has changed and is being phased out. He can't skate. At 38, you take whatever you can get, most guys his age are long retired.

Last year's stats - 53GP, 1-3-4 with 63 PIMs and -11. Of those 53 times he dressed, he broke 10 minutes of ice time just 9 times, including the last game of the season when the Sens rested better players. He played in two playoff games last year. In one he played 2:26, in the other he played 1:49.

He was not an effective NHL player in 2016-17, so it's crazy if teams are extending him one-way deals. If they are, he should be rushing to sign.

I pray the Oilers aren't dumb enough to pick up another character grit guy who time has passed by. I'd have rather we re-signed Hendricks than to bring in Neil now.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan

Previous Topic:Starting Lineups for 2017-2018 Season
Next Topic:Sam Bennett to Europe?
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2017.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca