This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #696354]
Sat, 24 June 2017 09:27 Go to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

FINAL RANK: 69 MIDTERM RANK: 122
POSITION: Defenseman SHOOTS: Left
HEIGHT: 6' 2" WEIGHT: 185
BORN: June 16, 1999 HOMETOWN: Moscow, Russia
BORN IN: Volgograd, RUS
DRAFTED: 2017: EDM (3rd Round / 84th Overall)

STATISTICS

SEASON TEAM LEAGUE GP G A P PIM
2016-2017 GUELPH OHL 67 4 16 20 41
2016-2017 RUS (2017 IIHF U18 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP) ITLTOUR 7 1 4 5 6
2016-2017 RUS U18 (IVAN HLINKA MEMORIAL 2016) ITLTOUR 5 0 2 2 16
2015-2016 CSKA U17 RUSSIA-JR. U17 28 4 12 16 26
2015-2016 RUS (2016 IIHF U18 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP) ITLTOUR 5 1 4 5 2
2015-2016 CSKA 2 RUSSIA-JR. 3 0 1 1 0

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #696365 is a reply to message #696354 ]
Sat, 24 June 2017 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jakey  is currently offline Jakey

No Cups

Another Russian that slid because of KHL. These picks like Slepyshev a few years ago can be great value if they decide the NHL is their goal. He has some real nice upside & size.

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #698751 is a reply to message #696365 ]
Thu, 07 September 2017 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

...got himself a 3 year entry level deal with the Oilers...

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-sign-samoruko v/c-290904316

......only drawback I see so far is that he shoots left handed....

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #698753 is a reply to message #698751 ]
Thu, 07 September 2017 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Thu, 07 September 2017 14:39

...got himself a 3 year entry level deal with the Oilers...

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-sign-samoruko v/c-290904316

......only drawback I see so far is that he shoots left handed....

He's 18 - so we may have enough righties in the system when he comes up. We have to have a longer term view of most of these prospects and not look at them based on our current needs.

I would assume he's still playing in the OHL and this isn't counting against our contract limit yet.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #698760 is a reply to message #696354 ]
Thu, 07 September 2017 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

I get locking up 1st and 2nd Round picks, but I'm surprised they signed him - a 3rd round pick - as quickly as they did. Usually there is a little bit of "show me" in the next year or two where they earn that ELC.

Wonder if a loan to Europe is in his future.

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #698804 is a reply to message #698760 ]
Fri, 08 September 2017 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jakey  is currently offline Jakey

No Cups

They locked him up because the Oilers now control his rights and get most of the say in where he goes to play. So effectively he can't jump to the KHL They can't sign NHLers under contract says agreement), he most likely stays in North America to develope here, where he is more likely to learn the NHL game and the language.

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #761632 is a reply to message #698804 ]
Fri, 12 June 2020 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-prospect-dmitri-s amorukov-expected-sign-khl-2020-21-season/

Looks like Samorukov is heading to the KHL for the coming season. Holland seems okay with the arrangement.

“'The most important thing is that he is a developing 20/21-year-old player,” Holland said. “If North American hockey doesn’t start again until December, we’re not sure, he has a unique opportunity here. The KHL is an excellent league and it’s right in his backyard.”

How big a blow is this for the Oilers?

Though it is not Holland’s preferred path, the Oilers general manager does have a history of allowing young European players to spend their first couple of years as a professional at home, as exhibited by the likes of Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk in Detroit, and more recently Oilers first round pick Philip Broberg."

Might work out okay. Samorukov has played a few seasons on the North American ice surfaces, so playing in the KHL might do him some good if the season in Europe starts earlier.

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #761633 is a reply to message #761632 ]
Fri, 12 June 2020 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Fri, 12 June 2020 14:37

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-prospect-dmitri-s amorukov-expected-sign-khl-2020-21-season/

Looks like Samorukov is heading to the KHL for the coming season. Holland seems okay with the arrangement.

“'The most important thing is that he is a developing 20/21-year-old player,” Holland said. “If North American hockey doesn’t start again until December, we’re not sure, he has a unique opportunity here. The KHL is an excellent league and it’s right in his backyard.”

How big a blow is this for the Oilers?

Though it is not Holland’s preferred path, the Oilers general manager does have a history of allowing young European players to spend their first couple of years as a professional at home, as exhibited by the likes of Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk in Detroit, and more recently Oilers first round pick Philip Broberg."

Might work out okay. Samorukov has played a few seasons on the North American ice surfaces, so playing in the KHL might do him some good if the season in Europe starts earlier.

Depending on the depth chart where he lands, I don't mind this at all. Samorukov was not an every day player in Bakersfield this year and had minimal special teams opportunities when he was in the lineup. If he's going to keep his value up, he needs to keep developing and that requires icetime. The Oilers defence depth chart is a little too full at the current time to give everyone what they need, so this could be good. Hope for him to get lots of icetime, play on the powerplay and put up points like he did in Junior.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #761638 is a reply to message #696354 ]
Sat, 13 June 2020 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

At first I was alarmed.. then realized I heard the AHL will not be back to "maybe" Christmas.. or longer... That's a lot of time off skates for a prospect... So yeah this is good news actually, kid gets to start playing probably around September in the KH.. Russia never seemed to lock-down s severely in the first place so pretty sure they'll let the KHL to start as normal.

I expect all the other prospects on the Condors that have the ability to play on a Euro elite league team will be encouraged to do the same.. Euro ice time is better than no ice time .. these prospects career clocks are ticking... after a certain age its all over but the cryin'

Samorukov will be a beaut.. just hope he doesn't meet some Russian hottie and decide to stay there.. cry ..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #761657 is a reply to message #761638 ]
Mon, 15 June 2020 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 13 June 2020 01:43

At first I was alarmed.. then realized I heard the AHL will not be back to "maybe" Christmas.. or longer... That's a lot of time off skates for a prospect... So yeah this is good news actually, kid gets to start playing probably around September in the KH.. Russia never seemed to lock-down s severely in the first place so pretty sure they'll let the KHL to start as normal.

I expect all the other prospects on the Condors that have the ability to play on a Euro elite league team will be encouraged to do the same.. Euro ice time is better than no ice time .. these prospects career clocks are ticking... after a certain age its all over but the cryin'

Samorukov will be a beaut.. just hope he doesn't meet some Russian hottie and decide to stay there.. cry ..

Young players need to play especially young dmen because the position is harder in my opinion than forward. Samorukov is not making the Oilers this year, nor should he. With the NHL season as to when it will start up in the air and as a result, the AHL season probably delayed, him sitting at home not playing or practicing is no good. So hell yeah, send him over to play. This kid has a legit chance at being something so let him play. I hope he plays a lot in the KHL. Is there any other player they can do it with?

Here is a question. Samorukov will go over, play in the KHL. I think in a normal year, their season starts before the NHL/AHL season and it ends before each is done. So if the the NHL/AL doesn't start their 20-21 season until maybe November or December with the idea of going into summer, could Samorukov come back over and play for Bakersfield after his KHL season is done assuming he's healthy?

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #761709 is a reply to message #761657 ]
Mon, 15 June 2020 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 15 June 2020 06:35

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 13 June 2020 01:43

Young players need to play especially young dmen because the position is harder in my opinion than forward. Samorukov is not making the Oilers this year, nor should he. With the NHL season as to when it will start up in the air and as a result, the AHL season probably delayed, him sitting at home not playing or practicing is no good. So hell yeah, send him over to play. This kid has a legit chance at being something so let him play. I hope he plays a lot in the KHL. Is there any other player they can do it with?

Here is a question. Samorukov will go over, play in the KHL. I think in a normal year, their season starts before the NHL/AHL season and it ends before each is done. So if the the NHL/AL doesn't start their 20-21 season until maybe November or December with the idea of going into summer, could Samorukov come back over and play for Bakersfield after his KHL season is done assuming he's healthy?

I would assume so, once his KHL contract is over, he should be able to play for The Oil, he's still signed, should be a go..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #761793 is a reply to message #761709 ]
Tue, 16 June 2020 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve.kreys  is currently offline steve.kreys

No Cups

With no AHL games maybe till Jan--this move makes sense

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #791858 is a reply to message #696354 ]
Wed, 15 September 2021 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Samorukov camp interview..
The guy is a total beaut! 👍🏻

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/video/raw--samorukov-091521/t-277 437406/c-8960070

He's good to go for camp, great attitude, smart, character guy, he'll be a top 4 long term.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #791903 is a reply to message #791858 ]
Fri, 17 September 2021 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 15 September 2021 22:50

He's good to go for camp, great attitude, smart, character guy, he'll be a top 4 long term.

Reports are that he’s showing very strong at camp so far. Gotta love it

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #791909 is a reply to message #791903 ]
Fri, 17 September 2021 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 17 September 2021 11:46

I think there's a rookie game v. Cowpies on the Oiler site this weekend, should be fun :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #791914 is a reply to message #791909 ]
Fri, 17 September 2021 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 17 September 2021 14:21

I think there's a rookie game v. Cowpies on the Oiler site this weekend, should be fun :)

Oh reaaaallly!? A look at the rookie camp squad.. C is weak as heck

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #791917 is a reply to message #791914 ]
Sat, 18 September 2021 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 17 September 2021 19:28

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 17 September 2021 14:21

Oh reaaaallly!? A look at the rookie camp squad.. C is weak as heck

From oilers.com

Quote:

The Oilers prospects take on the Calgary Flames twice in Rookie Camp, with the first game set for Saturday, Sept. 18 at 5 p.m. MT at Rogers Place. Camp concludes Monday, Sept. 20 at the Scotiabank Saddledome at 6 p.m. MT. Games will not be open to the public but will be streamed live on EdmontonOilers.com.

Agreed on C lacking. Of course I want the Condors to win but development is the one true goal. In reality it is almost impossible to have deep prospects at every position and for obvious reasons the Oilers haven't stocked up on center's lately.
Hopefully the key minor league guys take a step or two this season.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #791926 is a reply to message #791917 ]
Sat, 18 September 2021 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 18 September 2021 10:37

Agreed on C lacking. Of course I want the Condors to win but development is the one true goal. In reality it is almost impossible to have deep prospects at every position and for obvious reasons the Oilers haven't stocked up on center's lately.
Hopefully the key minor league guys take a step or two this season.

They did draft a centre with their first pick in 2020, he's just hurt right now.

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #791922 is a reply to message #696354 ]
Sat, 18 September 2021 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Sounds like Samorukov got injured in the 1st period... faint
.. anyone see what happened, UBI, LBI ?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #791923 is a reply to message #791922 ]
Sat, 18 September 2021 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 18 September 2021 18:42

Went for a big hit.. but got the worst of it. Went to the room and won’t return. Assume it’s the shoulder.. again...

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #791924 is a reply to message #791923 ]
Sat, 18 September 2021 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 18 September 2021 18:19

Went for a big hit.. but got the worst of it. Went to the room and won’t return. Assume it’s the shoulder.. again...

Well that was a short positive feeling.. sounds like back to rehab.. ? .. hope not.. hopefully just a stinger.. 🤞🏻

Someone has to invent a better shoulder pad..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #791927 is a reply to message #791923 ]
Sat, 18 September 2021 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 18 September 2021 19:19

icon_dead

Lowe curse continues

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #791931 is a reply to message #791923 ]
Sun, 19 September 2021 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Reid Wilkins @ReidWilkins
Oilers says defenceman Dmitri Samorukov suffered a broken jaw last night in the game against the Flames. Will be out six weeks.

Whew, at least not shoulder.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #791933 is a reply to message #791931 ]
Sun, 19 September 2021 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 19 September 2021 11:55

Oilers says defenceman Dmitri Samorukov suffered a broken jaw last night in the game against the Flames. Will be out six weeks.

Jaw injuries can be tough. liquid diet and a big loss of mass make it hard for them to regain their form. the non-rookie oilers are gonna have to keep it together for the first couple months before Holloway and Samorukov come in to save the day.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #791935 is a reply to message #791931 ]
Sun, 19 September 2021 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 19 September 2021 10:55

You really know you're an Oiler fan when you go "whew.. only a broken jaw.. at least its not a shoulder!." :)

Career-wise, it'll be easier to recover from.. must have caught a shoulder to the melon when he went to hit that guy last night.. rookie lesson.. don't lead with your head!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #793491 is a reply to message #696354 ]
Mon, 25 October 2021 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Good NEWS! Heard on Stauffer today, Woodcroft said Samorukov is close to playing, could play this weekend, but will likely wait a bit longer... :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #793694 is a reply to message #696354 ]
Fri, 29 October 2021 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Samo played today's matinee vs Vegas farmers, gets game winner with 5 seconds left, Carrion Eaters out shoot Vegas 42-15.. Positive waves!

https://lscluster.hockeytech.com/game_reports/official-game- report.php?client_code=ahl&game_id=1022700&lang_id=1

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #796449 is a reply to message #696354 ]
Tue, 28 December 2021 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Great interview.. love this guy, really hoping he makes it.
https://www.nhl.com/oilers/video/raw--samorukov-122821/t-277 437406/c-10029894

He plays rightside too, so keeping Broberg, Nemo doesn't necessarily mean one of them needs to be dealt to make room.

Eventually, at reasonable cap hit.

Nurse Bouchard
Broberg Ceci
Nemo/Keith Samorukov

Barrie?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #796506 is a reply to message #796449 ]
Wed, 29 December 2021 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 28 December 2021 14:53

Great interview.. love this guy, really hoping he makes it.
https://www.nhl.com/oilers/video/raw--samorukov-122821/t-277 437406/c-10029894

He plays rightside too, so keeping Broberg, Nemo doesn't necessarily mean one of them needs to be dealt to make room.

Eventually, at reasonable cap hit.

Nurse Bouchard
Broberg Ceci
Nemo/Keith Samorukov

Barrie?

I am of the opinion that the Oilers thinking all along with Barrie was sign him to a short, affordable contract, let him play the role he is playing while you bring Bouchard along this season. Ideally by the back 1/4 of the season Bouchard has taken over for Barrie. Then in the offseason you trade Barrie.

Barrie just like last year started off a bit slow but has come on. I thought he's been playing decent hockey at both ends lately. Barrie is never going to be a defensively specialist but he's been playing decent defensive hockey by his standards. He's on pace for almost 50 pts. I think a 40-50 pt right shooting, pucking moving, PP running, good skating dman, who will only be 31, only has 2 yrs left and only makes 4.5 mill is an easy trade for the Oilers. LOTS of teams could use a point producing, PP running, puck moving, right shot dman at a cheap price point.

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #800872 is a reply to message #696354 ]
Wed, 02 March 2022 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Oilers extend Sammy 1 year; 1 way deal 775k cap.

https://twitter.com/capfriendly/status/1499184545098260480?s =21

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #800873 is a reply to message #800872 ]
Wed, 02 March 2022 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 02 March 2022 17:36

Whew.. I saw this at the top of the message board and thought he'd been traded for some B-rate goalie hail-Mary

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #800874 is a reply to message #800873 ]
Wed, 02 March 2022 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 02 March 2022 18:53

Whew.. I saw this at the top of the message board and thought he'd been traded for some B-rate goalie hail-Mary

Thankfully not.

I don’t think Holland trades a D prospect for that, in this coming offseason.

Sammy seemingly stuck behind a few others on the chart though

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #800875 is a reply to message #800874 ]
Wed, 02 March 2022 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 02 March 2022 18:10

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 02 March 2022 18:53

Thankfully not.

I don’t think Holland trades a D prospect for that, in this coming offseason.

Sammy seemingly stuck behind a few others on the chart though

LHD yeah its pretty tight.. He's played RHD though in KHL successfully, so he could flip over.. Barrie might be traded by summer..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #800876 is a reply to message #696354 ]
Wed, 02 March 2022 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Speaking of Sammy.. here's a good shake'n bake move to set up Hamblin.. looks a lot more agile than that 3 minutes of ice time he saw with Tippet..

https://twitter.com/bcurlock/status/1499208987085979649?s=21

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #800882 is a reply to message #800876 ]
Thu, 03 March 2022 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I heard an interview with Keith Gretzky yesterday and he was raving about how well Samorukov has been playing the last couple of months. So that's a positive.

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #800885 is a reply to message #800876 ]
Thu, 03 March 2022 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 02 March 2022 21:00

Speaking of Sammy.. here's a good shake'n bake move to set up Hamblin.. looks a lot more agile than that 3 minutes of ice time he saw with Tippet..

https://twitter.com/bcurlock/status/1499208987085979649?s=21

That arena looks like the one I grew up playing minor hockey in in my hometown of ~250, lol. Fans on one side only? Must have awesome burgers, fries & gravy though.

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #800887 is a reply to message #800885 ]
Thu, 03 March 2022 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 03 March 2022 10:17

That arena looks like the one I grew up playing minor hockey in in my hometown of ~250, lol. Fans on one side only? Must have awesome burgers, fries & gravy though.

I was trying to figure out where they were because Bakersfield is a 8,000 seat building and San Jose plays at SAP. Turns out San Jose played a few games at their practice arena due to scheduling issues with the Sharks. I guess they just canceled public skate at the local skateatorium and the pros took over.

Re: Oilers select 3rd rd (#84) - Dmitri Samorukov [message #800888 is a reply to message #800887 ]
Thu, 03 March 2022 11:10 Go to previous message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 03 March 2022 10:56

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 03 March 2022 10:17

I was trying to figure out where they were because Bakersfield is a 8,000 seat building and San Jose plays at SAP. Turns out San Jose played a few games at their practice arena due to scheduling issues with the Sharks. I guess they just canceled public skate at the local skateatorium and the pros took over.

Kind of like the Coyote at ASU.

Want to go skating tonight hun? Nah, it's been canceled... NHL took over the building for a few hours.

I wonder what costs more? Public skating admission or an AHL ticket at the practice rink

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #56)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Philadelphia (Game #55)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca