This day on August 21
Acquired: Don Jackson (1981) Pat Falloon (1998) Dan Smith (2003)
Departed: Don Murdoch (1981)

Happy Birthday To: Entwhistle, ameeratif, Rosco11, etnies.80

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oil Adidas jersey sneak peakPages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695611]
Thu, 15 June 2017 17:04 Go to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

No Cups

Hopefully nothing drastic. Likely still grabs me for $150 sometime next season.

http://b.fssta.com/uploads/2017/06/oilers.vadapt.767.high.0. jpg

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695617 is a reply to message #695611 ]
Thu, 15 June 2017 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

1 Cup

Dark blue instead of royal. Yay. I hate that the jersey we all bought after McDavid draft day was only current for 2 years. That should be the jersey of this era. Not a slight variation of it 2 years in.

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695619 is a reply to message #695611 ]
Thu, 15 June 2017 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

4 Cups

I'm curious how the white lettering and numbering will show up against the orange, especially if viewing on TV or from high at Rogers. My thought is that it would probably show up better as Royal Blue, but maybe they figured that is too close to what they currently have?

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695623 is a reply to message #695619 ]
Thu, 15 June 2017 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

We are going to be getting teasers all the way till Tuesday now. The shirts are going to be revealed next Tuesday, all teams will have them at the draft, so we'll have a chance to see them on the TV. Not heard if they go on sale next week yet, I'm hoping so, as I need a new Oilers jersey.

Also note that the NHL deal with Fanatics, which they signed last October means that they will be producing the regular jersey's on sale, I'm sure that I've seen that you can buy the adidas jerseys but they are going to be the top of the range jersey's.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695631 is a reply to message #695619 ]
Fri, 16 June 2017 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

mightyreasoner wrote on Thu, 15 June 2017 21:13

I'm curious how the white lettering and numbering will show up against the orange, especially if viewing on TV or from high at Rogers. My thought is that it would probably show up better as Royal Blue, but maybe they figured that is too close to what they currently have?

I agree, while I do like the black outline I think having white numbers and lettering won't look as good as royal blue.

I expect some sort of the Adidas 3 stripes on the sides of the jerseys.

As for the road jersey's I know they will probably just be the same. I would kill for the old 80's Nike color scheme, I want my baby blue shoulders and red shoulder/neck piping dammit.

http://i.imgur.com/qjpaJcT.jpg?1

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695638 is a reply to message #695611 ]
Fri, 16 June 2017 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oiler8  is currently offline oiler8

No Cups

My first thought seeing part of a jersey.

I will be so frigging ticked if the colors are changed again- stupid, stupid, stupid. Keep the Blue and the orange we have. PLEASE.

Yet another money grab.

OILERS: Fans, thanks so much for your support! As a token of our appreciation we have decided to take more of your money! You're welcome.

Technically wouldn't this make 3 color schemes in 6 or 7 years? Again- STUPID.

IMO the colors that we had this year were perfect.

I'll not say more until everything is confirmed.

oiler8

"A Calgary Flames fan is like a Slinky. It isn't much good for anything, but it does bring a smile to your face when you push it down a set of stairs."

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695730 is a reply to message #695638 ]
Mon, 19 June 2017 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

oiler8 wrote on Fri, 16 June 2017 11:46

My first thought seeing part of a jersey.

I will be so frigging ticked if the colors are changed again- stupid, stupid, stupid. Keep the Blue and the orange we have. PLEASE.

Yet another money grab.

OILERS: Fans, thanks so much for your support! As a token of our appreciation we have decided to take more of your money! You're welcome.

Technically wouldn't this make 3 color schemes in 6 or 7 years? Again- STUPID.

IMO the colors that we had this year were perfect.

I'll not say more until everything is confirmed.

Vote with your money.

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695640 is a reply to message #695611 ]
Fri, 16 June 2017 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

2 Cups

I won't argue that it's a money grab. That said, I've been able to buy a new Juventus jersey, beit a new third, new home or this coming season a new logo nearly every year for at least a decade. At in recent years, I've been part of their cash grab every second fall!

I think the NHL is catching up, or Adidas is making the NHL catch up.

Depending how this turns out, I may get the new one, name on the back to be determined. I didn't get into the orange fever with McDavid on the back last fall like at least four I've seen in Victoria! I imagine those are real common back in Edmonton too!

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695641 is a reply to message #695640 ]
Fri, 16 June 2017 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DUFFMAN  is currently offline DUFFMAN

No Cups

I'll just leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgRFQJCHcPw

Substitute pro sports for movies.

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695644 is a reply to message #695640 ]
Fri, 16 June 2017 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

No Cups

MJ wrote on Fri, 16 June 2017 11:59

I won't argue that it's a money grab. That said, I've been able to buy a new Juventus jersey, beit a new third, new home or this coming season a new logo nearly every year for at least a decade. At in recent years, I've been part of their cash grab every second fall!

I think the NHL is catching up, or Adidas is making the NHL catch up.

Depending how this turns out, I may get the new one, name on the back to be determined. I didn't get into the orange fever with McDavid on the back last fall like at least four I've seen in Victoria! I imagine those are real common back in Edmonton too!

What do those Juventus jersey's cost? I havent bought a soccer jersey in over a decade but used to have quite the collection. I ask because I have always found that hockey jerseys are more than other pro sports. If they want fans to get board with buying jerseys more often they cant be so pricey

I still buy a lot of NFL jerseys but have never bought as many NHL as they just arent as wearable. I have worn an NFL jersey or soccer jersey as a shirt in the right environment but due to the fit of a hockey jersey they just arent as functional.

"My wife told me Edmonton was going to win the pick that day," said Gretzky. "That was the day that I retired 16 years ago. So, she said, for whatever reason, the Oilers have good luck today. Connor McDavid went to Edmonton."

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695646 is a reply to message #695644 ]
Fri, 16 June 2017 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

2 Cups

I think the last Juventus jerseys direct from Torino with shipping, converted to Canadian wound up around $150 each with names on the back, pro jerseys, not replicas. I'd be guessing more like $250 for the new non-replica Oilers jersey with a name on the back at regular price, maybe higher.

Many summer days I wear my soccer jerseys or my Esks jersey to casual locations. A hockey jersey is only for a game day, especially in the playoffs.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 June 2017 12:31]

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695649 is a reply to message #695646 ]
Fri, 16 June 2017 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

No Cups

MJ wrote on Fri, 16 June 2017 12:28

I think the last Juventus jerseys direct from Torino with shipping, converted to Canadian wound up around $150 each with names on the back, pro jerseys, not replicas. I'd be guessing more like $250 for the new non-replica Oilers jersey with a name on the back at regular price, maybe higher.

Many summer days I wear my soccer jerseys or my Esks jersey to casual locations. A hockey jersey is only for a game day, especially in the playoffs.

So it is still a little more than half the price of an NHL jersey. Sounds like we are the same in how we wear them.
I buy some autographed jerseys for collection and have them framed but I only buy an Oiler jersey once and a while. I am firmly cemented in my status in the lower tier of fans so I am likely not the target for the constantly changing designs.

"My wife told me Edmonton was going to win the pick that day," said Gretzky. "That was the day that I retired 16 years ago. So, she said, for whatever reason, the Oilers have good luck today. Connor McDavid went to Edmonton."

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695661 is a reply to message #695649 ]
Fri, 16 June 2017 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drummerinblack  is currently offline drummerinblack

No Cups

I can't wait to see the new royal blue colours. As for the away jersey, I had heard that the one change they were planning to make was changing the shoulder yoke colour to orange, instead of blue. The same style of jersey that the Oilers wore in the 72-73 WHA season.

If they made that the new road uniform, Katz would definitely have $200+ of my hard-earned dollars.

http://whauniforms.com/Images/Oilers1.png

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695669 is a reply to message #695611 ]
Fri, 16 June 2017 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mad90  is currently offline mad90

No Cups

Looks like they been leaked! I like the darker blue, wished they would of went with a darker orange too. The white neck circle looks terrible in my opinion...

https://twitter.com/NugeTeddy/status/875944019792089088

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695670 is a reply to message #695669 ]
Sat, 17 June 2017 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

4 Cups

mad90 wrote on Fri, 16 June 2017 23:55

Looks like they been leaked! I like the darker blue, wished they would of went with a darker orange too. The white neck circle looks terrible in my opinion...

If that is what they are, it's not better than what they have.

Disappointing. We always seem to let the new company taking over jerseys the freedom to mess them up before we force them to make them better.

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695784 is a reply to message #695670 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Sat, 17 June 2017 00:18

mad90 wrote on Fri, 16 June 2017 23:55

If that is what they are, it's not better than what they have.

Disappointing. We always seem to let the new company taking over jerseys the freedom to mess them up before we force them to make them better.

Noise on twitter suggesting these really are the jerseys. Good lord. Why are the Oilers so spineless when it comes to dealing with sportswear companies? "Sure RBK, we'd love to let you make our jerseys look like cheap pyjamas!" "You're right Adidas, the home jersey really could use a lot more white!"

The team is seduced by the sound of jingling change. It's disgraceful.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #ChiaOnNotice

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695785 is a reply to message #695784 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Is the reveal televised? Online?

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695786 is a reply to message #695784 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://sports.yahoo.com/first-look-adidas-nhl-jerseys-inclu ding-golden-knights-001334659.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc _trk=tw

That looks like confirmation.

I guess when you pay as much for dates as Katz does, you need the extra cash!

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695787 is a reply to message #695786 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Please don't screw up the road ones, please don't screw up the road ones....

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695789 is a reply to message #695786 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 20 June 2017 18:18

https://sports.yahoo.com/first-look-adidas-nhl-jerseys-inclu ding-golden-knights-001334659.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc _trk=tw

The blue section on the shoulders don't look as square at the ends in that yahoo article as they do in that tweet. Those shoulders were by far the ugliest part of the picture in that tweet.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695790 is a reply to message #695789 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 20 June 2017 18:40

The blue section on the shoulders don't look as square at the ends in that yahoo article as they do in that tweet. Those shoulders were by far the ugliest part of the picture in that tweet.

White collar stripe doesn't look QUITE as wide too...but still...

Doesn't Adidas know Edmonton is a blue collar town?

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695792 is a reply to message #695790 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 20 June 2017 18:48

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 20 June 2017 18:40

White collar stripe doesn't look QUITE as wide too...but still...

Doesn't Adidas know Edmonton is a blue collar town?

Yeah, that white stripe is butt nasty too. The white and the squarish blue stuff coming down the arms. Looks like the guy is wearing a little childs cape or something.

Thankfully doesn't look like that in the yahoo story.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695793 is a reply to message #695786 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 20 June 2017 17:18

Rifle butt ugly. Won't be getting a cent out of me. The white has no place on that Orange jersey, did they give this job to a colour blind design team? Worst of all time. Brutal.

Vomit.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $3.1 M

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695794 is a reply to message #695793 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

This is the sloppiest jersey rollout ever, almost 10 ET and still nothing official, only a thumbail size leak icon_thumbdown

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695795 is a reply to message #695794 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Another pic, looks like a promotional banner:

https://twitter.com/ryan_batty/status/877341683049824257

https://twitter.com/theoilogosphere/status/87734366779037286 6

Now from the Oilers:

https://twitter.com/edmontonoilers/status/877344602684084224

More:
https://twitter.com/danalanenhl/status/877344314791043074

Other view:

https://twitter.com/theoilogosphere/status/87734519530547609 6

[Updated on: Tue, 20 June 2017 20:00]

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695798 is a reply to message #695795 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

My initial reaction of the first orange, didn't like it. But I ended up loving it.

My initial reaction of this orange, I like it. So either poles flip and I end up hating, or I double love it.

Can't wait to see if actually worn by a player in gear on the ice.

Vegas jersey just revealed and it looks horribly generic and boring. Huge missed opportunity for something cool given where the team is and the team theme.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695800 is a reply to message #695798 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Is it just me, or does this look like a Flyers jersey? The navy is so dark, the white lines on the outside.

I don't like it. Don't see me shelling out for one.

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695875 is a reply to message #695798 ]
Wed, 21 June 2017 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

5 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 20 June 2017 19:01

My initial reaction of the first orange, didn't like it. But I ended up loving it.

My initial reaction of this orange, I like it. So either poles flip and I end up hating, or I double love it.

Can't wait to see if actually worn by a player in gear on the ice.

Vegas jersey just revealed and it looks horribly generic and boring. Huge missed opportunity for something cool given where the team is and the team theme.

Ya it looks like something a guy put together for his beer league team.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $3.1 M

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695799 is a reply to message #695795 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I like the collar other leak image the collar looked goofy.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 June 2017 20:06]

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695802 is a reply to message #695799 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I actually don't mind it at all!

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695803 is a reply to message #695802 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Looks good!

https://twitter.com/edmontonoilers/status/877346724292902912

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695808 is a reply to message #695803 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Compared to the Reebok jerseys they came out with 10 years ago these look great. That said, I would still prefer blue as the main colour, even if it was navy blue. When alternate jerseys come back I hope they do navy blue with burnt orange shoulder yokes or something like that. The other thing is that the navy blue looks more black, but that could just be the lighting. I will try to save that judgement in the fall when I see them on the ice.

I've been reading that we will see the away jerseys at the draft maybe? I am hoping that those stay pretty much the same (with the navy blue anyway). I am worried that they will try to role with orange shoulder yokes on a white jersey, which I don't think would look that great. We'll see though.

Looking at the new Vegas jerseys, I think they look solid. They aren't unique, but they look like normal NHL jerseys. I think that they probably wanted to avoid anything too gimmicky looking like some minor league teams go with.

Nashville's jerseys look awful. Their's are the ones that look very prepped for advertisements in a year or two. I'm hoping that isn't true, but I am prepared for the worst. If I were a Predators fan I would be really disappointed with what the team came up with.

New Jersey's new jersey looks pretty iffy too. That team has stood by their same look since the early 90s, which was something I always liked. They could have taken this as an opportunity to make some big redesigns, but all they did was take the classic jersey they had and made it look plain.

Why does Vancouver still have the city name across the top? I get that they needed to sell jerseys for the 2010 Olympics, but they could have taken it off and been fine.

I like that the Avalanche changed their design to be more like the classic ones prior to the 2007 Reebok designs.

Lastly the Wild followed the Panthers with the stripe across the middle (followed the Canadiens really), which I think looks pretty good.

I'm glad that the changes across the league were not as drastic as 2007, and now I can hopefully catch some decent Reebok jersey sales.

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695809 is a reply to message #695808 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Way better than I hoped for after that leaked image, even though that was clearly a fake.

Would certainly buy this, shame they aren't on sale yet, as I've been in town the past couple of days, asked in a sportschek and they were estimating the end of July. However it was certainly worth a try

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695806 is a reply to message #695802 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

Is it just me or does the orange on this one seem more muted? Maybe just the picture. Not bad overall, not great either. Wouldn't mind some kind of shoulder patches. Just happy it wasn't that monstrosity of a collar that was leaked.

So what...no road jerseys, just home for now? Stick to soccer addidas, trying to get in on hockey just feels weird.

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695813 is a reply to message #695806 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nerdkore  is currently offline Nerdkore

No Cups

Gator21 wrote on Tue, 20 June 2017 20:12

Is it just me or does the orange on this one seem more muted? Maybe just the picture. Not bad overall, not great either. Wouldn't mind some kind of shoulder patches. Just happy it wasn't that monstrosity of a collar that was leaked.

So what...no road jerseys, just home for now? Stick to soccer addidas, trying to get in on hockey just feels weird.

I think they said they were going to be making the the Orange lighter along with the Blue darker when these came out so it's not just the photo.

bad choice IMO, but the new jerseys are starting to grow on me after initially hating them. Still wish they would have left them the same though.

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695817 is a reply to message #695813 ]
Tue, 20 June 2017 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

Dallas and Chicago have the thick white pilgrim collars, looks bad. I'll take the white thin piping anyday.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695818 is a reply to message #695817 ]
Wed, 21 June 2017 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I really like the white nameplate with black outline. It kind of pops and I think there was worry about what large white numbers would look like on the jersey but they kept it dark blue.

The more I look at it the more I like it. can't wait to see the road whites.

http://i.imgur.com/kQxXeF9.jpg?1

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695822 is a reply to message #695818 ]
Wed, 21 June 2017 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

As long as they have a lot of room for advertising, I think these jerseys will be very successful.

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695671 is a reply to message #695669 ]
Sat, 17 June 2017 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

1 Cup

Those stripes are some kind of awful. We had a good jersey, one that represented the McDavid era. I'm disappointed.

Re: Oil Adidas jersey sneak peak [message #695672 is a reply to message #695671 ]
Sat, 17 June 2017 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

No Cups

Not sure where my post is?? No message post appeared.

This leaked picture looks more like a test jersey to be honest, Chris over at
http://www.icethetics.co/ gives a good breakdown as to why this looks to be the case. No fan of this white collar if it is though our new jersey. As for the stripes count them... 3 of them, oh wait this is adidas after all.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 June 2017 01:08]

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:McDavid wins the Ted Lindsay Award
Next Topic:Wichita Thunder
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2017.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca