This day on October 18
Acquired: Randy Gregg (1982)

Happy Birthday To: chimera28_istheman, ct_cruiser, DAVEBF100, bcon, KT84, Chrome, HockeyFan4Life, sparky99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #688977]
Sat, 18 March 2017 03:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

2 Cups

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Vancouver to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2016-17 Regular Season
Friday, October 28, 2016Edmonton 2 @ Vancouver 0Win
Saturday, December 31, 2016Vancouver 3 @ Edmonton 2 (OT) (SO)Loss
Saturday, March 18, 2017Vancouver 0 @ Edmonton 2Win
Saturday, April 8, 2017Edmonton 3 @ Vancouver 2Win
Sunday, April 9, 2017Vancouver 2 @ Edmonton 5Win
Home Record: 2-0-1       Road Record: 2-0-0       Overall Record: 4-0-1
Home / Road Goals For: 9/5 Total: 14
Home / Road Goals Against: 5/2 Total: 7

2015-16 Regular Season
Sunday, October 18, 2015Edmonton 2 @ Vancouver 1 (OT)Win
Saturday, December 26, 2015Edmonton 1 @ Vancouver 2 (OT)Loss
Friday, March 18, 2016Vancouver 0 @ Edmonton 2Win
Wednesday, April 6, 2016Vancouver 2 @ Edmonton 6Win
Saturday, April 9, 2016Edmonton 3 @ Vancouver 4 (OT) (SO)Loss
Home Record: 2-0-0       Road Record: 1-0-2       Overall Record: 3-0-2
Home / Road Goals For: 8/6 Total: 14
Home / Road Goals Against: 2/7 Total: 9

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #688978 is a reply to message #688977 ]
Sat, 18 March 2017 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChasinStanley  is currently offline ChasinStanley

1 Cup

Lets see how the team shows up against this bunch of lemons, win this and we are tied for second in the division.

This has all the makings of a stinker, team they are much better than, coming off a couple of high scoring wins, national TV audience. This is the type of game the Oilers usually manage to embarrass themselves

Renaissance 2015

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #688994 is a reply to message #688978 ]
Sat, 18 March 2017 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

ChasinStanley wrote on Sat, 18 March 2017 04:36

Lets see how the team shows up against this bunch of lemons, win this and we are tied for second in the division.

This has all the makings of a stinker, team they are much better than, coming off a couple of high scoring wins, national TV audience. This is the type of game the Oilers usually manage to embarrass themselves

they've done pretty well so far this season on HNIC, have they not? Can't remember who against, but I believe they've had at least 2 wins, and just running off memory I feel like they're reversing that trend? I could be wrong..

Anyways, I fully anticipate a W tonight, especially hearing the comments about them cleaning things up on the defensive end. The offence is running hot, hopefully be able to balance things out. Only thing that will sink them tonight could be goaltending IMO(either way). But if they outwork the Canucks, they win, plain and simple. I have confidence they're not taking any opponent lightly coming down the stretch.

Edmonton 3-2.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 March 2017 17:46]

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #688996 is a reply to message #688994 ]
Sat, 18 March 2017 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrean  is currently offline Adrean

No Cups

philly boy wrote on Sat, 18 March 2017 16:59

they've done pretty well so far this season on HNIC, have they not? Can't remember who against, but I believe they've had at least 2 wins, and just running off memory I feel like they're reversing that trend? I could be wrong..

Anyways, I fully anticipate a W tonight, especially hearing the comments about them cleaning things up on the defensive end. The offence is running hot, hopefully be able to balance things out. Only thing that will sink them tonight could be goaltending IMO(either way). But if they outwork the Canucks, they win, plain and simple. I have confidence they're not taking any opponent lightly coming down the stretch.

Edmonton 3-2.

Actually, the Oilers are 8-1-2 in Saturday games this year. I was surprised and had to go back and double check it. I feel better about having the next 4 late HNIC games now.

Drew Remanda said on Fri, 28 October 2016 21:09

You should never listen to me, I'm not that smart.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #688998 is a reply to message #688996 ]
Sat, 18 March 2017 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

Adrean wrote on Sat, 18 March 2017 21:47

philly boy wrote on Sat, 18 March 2017 16:59

Edmonton 3-2.

Actually, the Oilers are 8-1-2 in Saturday games this year. I was surprised and had to go back and double check it. I feel better about having the next 4 late HNIC games now.

Did we even win 8 the last 10 years combined?

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #689000 is a reply to message #688996 ]
Sat, 18 March 2017 20:05 Go to previous message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

1 Cup

Adrean wrote on Sat, 18 March 2017 18:47

The saddest part of that is, they have enough channels to put every Canadian team on HNIC every Saturday, and the Oilers have only had a HNIC game 11 of 22 Saturdays so far.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #688981 is a reply to message #688977 ]
Sat, 18 March 2017 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Absolute must kinda gotta should better friggin win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 games over .500 is there for the taking. I would guess that would be the first time this team was 14 games over .500 since the 80's.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #688982 is a reply to message #688977 ]
Sat, 18 March 2017 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilMJMOil  is currently offline OilMJMOil

No Cups

Don't take the Canucks lightly and this game can be ours. Assume an easy W and we'll still be in a wildcard spot tomorrow morning.

"When we"ve got the puck, they can"t score."
~Paul Coffey

"Put the kids in with a few old pappy guys who still like to win and the combination is unbeatable."
~Conn Smythe

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #688983 is a reply to message #688977 ]
Sat, 18 March 2017 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Canucks can come up with some good hockey, they have the goaltending so hopefully the Oilers are sharp and ready to earn a win against them. Ideally they have learned from past experience that these supposedly weaker teams are anything but. Go Oilers!

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #688984 is a reply to message #688977 ]
Sat, 18 March 2017 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shootsaverebound  is currently offline shootsaverebound

No Cups

These games always make me nervous, but on the flip side, this team has started to transform (ie. sweeping CGY, beating STL, etc.) I'm expecting an absolute dominance by the Oilers.

"But I say to you, Oilfans, breathe it in deeply...feel the pain and the shame and the anger...feel it all..." Mybestguess

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #688985 is a reply to message #688977 ]
Sat, 18 March 2017 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

5 Cups

I've seen some Canucks games recently, they're playing all their young guys, Miller is playing strong, and their forwards can pot some goals, can't be looking past these guys, need to BEAR down!

Oilers have had dominant games followed by a sag, focused efforts then they settle into the fog of self satisfaction, need to push that out of their mind set.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $3.1 M

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #688986 is a reply to message #688977 ]
Sat, 18 March 2017 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Not only do we need a win, but McDavid needs a big night. It's pretty awful to see the NHL stat page with Marchand's ugly mug all over it.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #ChiaOnNotice

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #688987 is a reply to message #688977 ]
Sat, 18 March 2017 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Looks like we get Bachman in net for the Canucks. Not sure if that is good or bad though. Backups love going Hasek 2.0 on us.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #688988 is a reply to message #688987 ]
Sat, 18 March 2017 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 18 March 2017 12:05

Looks like we get Bachman in net for the Canucks.

Oilers need to be tak'in care of business, and not working overtime

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #688989 is a reply to message #688987 ]
Sat, 18 March 2017 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Looks like we get Bachman in net for the Canucks. Not sure if that is good or bad though. Backups love going Hasek 2.0 on us.

Former Oilers' backup no less! Not a great sample size of recent back-ups playing us after they leave. A stint with the Oilers has tended to be a career killer for goalies...Dubnyk has been all-world against us, but he wasn't really a back-up. Scrivens left the league soon after 15 games w/ Habs). Bryzgalov left the league (20 games post-Oil). LaBarbera left the league (5 games). Fasth went to Russia (0 games). Deslauriers left the league (4 games).

It's been a long time since anyone who's been here (other than Dubnyk) has found a soft landing. This will be only Bachman's third NHL start since his 9-game Oilers career.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 March 2017 13:16]

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #ChiaOnNotice

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #688993 is a reply to message #688989 ]
Sat, 18 March 2017 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilerPunch  is currently offline OilerPunch

No Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 18 March 2017 12:07

Former Oilers' backup no less! Not a great sample size of recent back-ups playing us after they leave. A stint with the Oilers has tended to be a career killer for goalies...Dubnyk has been all-world against us, but he wasn't really a back-up. Scrivens left the league soon after 15 games w/ Habs). Bryzgalov left the league (20 games post-Oil). LaBarbera left the league (5 games). Fasth went to Russia (0 games). Deslauriers left the league (4 games).

It's been a long time since anyone who's been here (other than Dubnyk) has found a soft landing. This will be only Bachman's third NHL start since his 9-game Oilers career.

And only his second all year. Still though even the the Nucks line up looks like a pre-season game no need to take the gas off the pedal

Previous Topic:GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #71)
Next Topic:GDT: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2017.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca