This day on June 28
Acquired: Ladislav Benysek (1994) Jason Bonsignore (1994) Mike Watt (1994) Ryan Smyth (1994)

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688817]
Thu, 16 March 2017 03:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

2 Cups

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   83%
Boston to win:   17%
53 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2016-17 Regular Season
Thursday, January 5, 2017Edmonton 4 @ Boston 3Win
Thursday, March 16, 2017Boston 4 @ Edmonton 7Win
Home Record: 1-0-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 2-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 7/4 Total: 11
Home / Road Goals Against: 4/3 Total: 7

2015-16 Regular Season
Wednesday, December 2, 2015Boston 2 @ Edmonton 3 (OT) (SO)Win
Monday, December 14, 2015Edmonton 3 @ Boston 2 (OT)Win
Home Record: 1-0-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 2-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 3/3 Total: 6
Home / Road Goals Against: 2/2 Total: 4

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688821 is a reply to message #688817 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feepa  is currently offline feepa

No Cups

A win against Boston will put us back in front, and shut up some of the most obnoxious fans I've seen in a long. They are almost worse than when the canucks were president trophy winners.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688823 is a reply to message #688821 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

1 Cup

The Oilers need to win this game. Calgary lost. A win puts them past them. Boston played last night and it's hard to say if they took it too the Flames or not because the goaltending was brutal. The Oilers need to take advantage of a team that played last night that might be feeling good about themselves with 2 points already in the bank for this road trip. Plus it's the bosses old team so you got to win it for him. If the Oilers play the type of game they can, Boston is very beatable.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688836 is a reply to message #688823 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hubbs  is currently offline Hubbs

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 16 March 2017 08:40

The Oilers need to take advantage of a team that played last night that might be feeling good about themselves with 2 points already in the bank for this road trip...

I don't have the stats to back it up but I feel like the Oilers don't always do well against teams that are playing back to back. I've stopped using it as a reason why we should win. Instead I'm going with "we should win because there are only 12 games left in the season and we want to a) make the playoffs b) get home ice advantage and 3) finish ahead of our Alberta rivals.". Any one of those reasons should be motivation enough for the team to put in solid efforts game in and game out at this point in the season.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688824 is a reply to message #688821 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mazankowski  is currently offline mazankowski

No Cups

feepa wrote on Thu, 16 March 2017 06:49

A win against Boston will put us back in front, and shut up some of the most obnoxious fans I've seen in a long. They are almost worse than when the canucks were president trophy winners.

What is with all the sudden love from the media with the Flames? I get it, they put together a 10 game streak, and moved back into the playoff race. But throughout the streak, they only played 3 teams who are in a playoff spot, one being a Price-less Montreal and their final game was a shootout win against a team on the end of their Western Canadian road swing.

I don't want to take a lot away from them as a 10 game streak is honourable, but this has nothing on the Columbus streak and I don't know why the media began (and still is) claiming this was the biggest deal in sports and that the Flames may even challenge for the Pacific Division now (honestly look here: http://ca.lalalay.com/news/sports/-18690-flames-first-in-the -pacific-division-hey-it-could-happen/ ), and that they're the best team in the NHL currently ( http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/power-rankings-fla mes-on-best-winning-streak-since-moving-to-calgary ). It boggles my mind! Let's see how next week goes with 4 games in 7 nights, and 3 of the 4 being playoff teams (all on the road) and the one looking outside being the LA Kings.

Sorry rant over!

Oilers need to take advantage of a back to back against a team with a thin and slow D core. Shut down the top line, and get a goal early on Rask, and this is a winnable game.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 March 2017 08:46]

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688840 is a reply to message #688824 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

mazankowski wrote on Thu, 16 March 2017 08:44

What is with all the sudden love from the media with the Flames? I get it, they put together a 10 game streak, and moved back into the playoff race. But throughout the streak, they only played 3 teams who are in a playoff spot, one being a Price-less Montreal and their final game was a shootout win against a team on the end of their Western Canadian road swing.

I don't want to take a lot away from them as a 10 game streak is honourable, but this has nothing on the Columbus streak and I don't know why the media began (and still is) claiming this was the biggest deal in sports and that the Flames may even challenge for the Pacific Division now (honestly look here: http://ca.lalalay.com/news/sports/-18690-flames-first-in-the -pacific-division-hey-it-could-happen/ ), and that they're the best team in the NHL currently ( http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/power-rankings-fla mes-on-best-winning-streak-since-moving-to-calgary ). It boggles my mind! Let's see how next week goes with 4 games in 7 nights, and 3 of the 4 being playoff teams (all on the road) and the one looking outside being the LA Kings.

Sorry rant over!

Oilers need to take advantage of a back to back against a team with a thin and slow D core. Shut down the top line, and get a goal early on Rask, and this is a winnable game.

Tell me about it. All the Flames fans I know have just been obnoxious the past week. Never said a thing to them all season other than a jab after we swept them, but holy hell they just won't let it go that they're finally ahead of us.
I hope they get absolutely destroyed their next few games, and if/when they do, you can bet your ass I'm gonna let them hear about it.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688855 is a reply to message #688824 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cosmicheretic  is currently offline cosmicheretic

No Cups

mazankowski wrote on Thu, 16 March 2017 08:44

Sorry rant over!

Apology unaccepted. Rants against the team I despise too much to name are always condoned! The only problem I see with your rant is giving the media more credit than it deserves by drawing more attention to their fan boy propaganda.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688825 is a reply to message #688821 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vsove  is currently offline vsove

No Cups

feepa wrote on Thu, 16 March 2017 07:49

Best way to do that is to put together a winning streak of our own.

Let's get it started tonight.

No Mo' Lowe

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688843 is a reply to message #688821 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

5 Cups

feepa wrote on Thu, 16 March 2017 07:49

We're talking about fans who created and STILL maintain a thread in their own team's forums about their provincial rivals and how much they "suck". You had to expect them to beak up after their team's winning streak- they seriously have the biggest collective inferiority complex I've ever seen in a fanbase, with Dys' fans being a close second.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688826 is a reply to message #688817 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Kinda must need to win game tonight!!!

JUST DO IT!

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688830 is a reply to message #688817 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

C'mon Oilers.. WIN tonight.

Do it.

The very definition of insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688835 is a reply to message #688817 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Huge game, I believe if the Oilers win tonight the Flames won't finish ahead of the Oilers. Crazy to say with 12 games to go but you have to look at :

- Oilers still have 2 games each against the Avs and the Canucks

- The Flames still have a game against the Capitals, 3 against LA and 2 against the Ducks.

While the Oilers do play the LA and the Ducks the same number of times as the Flames I feel they will get better results. Anyone who watched the Flames streak knows that they didn't look like world beaters.

Oilers just need to take care of their own business. I still think they can finish 2nd in the Pacific.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688838 is a reply to message #688835 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Thu, 16 March 2017 13:10

The Flames still have 3 against LA and 2 against the Ducks.

Other than Oilers games obviously, these are the biggest games on the OOT. Hopefully no 3 pointers.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688841 is a reply to message #688817 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

I wouldn't count any game as a gimme in this league, bottom feeders or not, so every game is important. Maybe the Flames got lucky but it has given them a huge confidence boost that shouldn't be underestimated. I think it's good for the Oilers because of the extra motivation that should give them. Hopefully the tide has turned with the big win over Dallas. Keep Slepeshev in the lineup ( everybody loves Mat Hendriks for what he brings in the way of leadership but he's lost a step or two and the team needs wins. Go Oilers!

[Updated on: Thu, 16 March 2017 12:23]

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688842 is a reply to message #688841 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Looks like Caggiula in for Hendricks as the only change from last game.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688849 is a reply to message #688842 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

1 Cup

Caggulia adds some speed to the 4th line. Sitting out 3 games, I would hope Caggulia would have an inspired game and play with a little jump.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688856 is a reply to message #688849 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cosmicheretic  is currently offline cosmicheretic

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 16 March 2017 14:29

Caggulia adds some speed to the 4th line. Sitting out 3 games, I would hope Caggulia would have an inspired game and play with a little jump.

Yep I think he scores a goal tonight.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688911 is a reply to message #688856 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
richksaun  is currently offline richksaun

No Cups

cosmicheretic wrote on Thu, 16 March 2017 18:13

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 16 March 2017 14:29

Yep I think he scores a goal tonight.

Well you called it lol

"Any donkey can go to the front of the net and stand there with his stick on the ice." -- Capitals' center Brooks Laich on breaking a 9-game goal drought with a tip in vs. the Rangers(hint hint Oilers)

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688857 is a reply to message #688817 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

2 Cups

Because it worked Tuesday on the must-win meter.

I give this game 12/10, they're all big games, Brent.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688863 is a reply to message #688857 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I want our normal anthem singer back. Don't like this guy.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688935 is a reply to message #688857 ]
Fri, 17 March 2017 05:58 Go to previous message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Thu, 16 March 2017 21:16

Because it worked Tuesday on the must-win meter.

I give this game 12/10, they're all big games, Brent.

Hopefully by the last game of the season you'll be at 36/10 on the must win meter

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688864 is a reply to message #688817 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

2 Cups

Patrick Maroon likes playing the Bruins.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70) [message #688865 is a reply to message #688817 ]
Thu, 16 March 2017 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I suppose this is the GDT now.

I know everyone thinks McDavid should shoot more, buuuuuut is there anyone that deftly pass the puch on the rush like him?

Previous Topic:GDT: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #70)
Next Topic:Playoffs - Preferred opponent?
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2017.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca