This day on October 19
Acquired: Dave Donnelly (1987)

Happy Birthday To: blacksheep, LoyalOil, SSTk, Vigo, still94

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #68)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #68) [message #688515]
Sun, 12 March 2017 16:37 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

2 Cups

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Montreal to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2016-17 Regular Season
Sunday, February 5, 2017Edmonton 1 @ Montreal 0 (OT) (SO)Win
Sunday, March 12, 2017Montreal 4 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 1-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 1/1 Total: 2
Home / Road Goals Against: 4/0 Total: 4

2015-16 Regular Season
Thursday, October 29, 2015Montreal 3 @ Edmonton 4Win
Saturday, February 6, 2016Edmonton 1 @ Montreal 5Loss
Home Record: 1-0-0       Road Record: 0-1-0       Overall Record: 1-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 4/1 Total: 5
Home / Road Goals Against: 3/5 Total: 8

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #68) [message #688516 is a reply to message #688515 ]
Sun, 12 March 2017 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy is currently online WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

So I got about 12 texts while I was sleeping last night about the Flames being ahead of the Oilers.

The online hockey community is in ruins with Flames fans coming out of the woodwork to lower the IQ of all of the forums.

My main concern is for the Oilers to get better going into the playoffs and not to worry what Calgary and their unsustainable save average is producing. But for the love of God please win tonight, MUST WIN all over this one.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Pregame: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #68) [message #688570 is a reply to message #688516 ]
Sun, 12 March 2017 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sun, 12 March 2017 16:44

So I got about 12 texts while I was sleeping last night about the Flames being ahead of the Oilers.

The online hockey community is in ruins with Flames fans coming out of the woodwork to lower the IQ of all of the forums.

My main concern is for the Oilers to get better going into the playoffs and not to worry what Calgary and their unsustainable save average is producing. But for the love of God please win tonight, MUST WIN all over this one.

So did the slump the last little while start when people started throwing "MUST WIN" all over these pre-game threads? What's our record since the All-Star Game?

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #ChiaOnNotice

Re: Pregame: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #68) [message #688585 is a reply to message #688570 ]
Mon, 13 March 2017 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy is currently online WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Sun, 12 March 2017 23:16

So did the slump the last little while start when people started throwing "MUST WIN" all over these pre-game threads? What's our record since the All-Star Game?

I went back and saw where I typed "MUST WIN" for the first time. It was game #47 against Florida :

WhoreableGuy wrote on Wed, 18 January 2017 13:47

MUST WIN.

I'll be posting this for the next 30-35 games.

I even said I'd be posting it every game until the Oilers clinch. I know I've said it in the majority of threads but not every one. To go back and see would take too much of my time. But since Game #47 the Oilers are 11-9-2.

On Valentine's Day I printed out a McDavid Card and posted it in my co-workers office (I live in Calgary). Since then the Flames have gone 10-0-1. This morning I walked in there and took it off his wall and tore it up.

I feel personally responsible for this Oilers slump. I'd like to apologize to every one here on Oilfans.

I promised MJ I wouldn't do this...

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Pregame: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #68) [message #688587 is a reply to message #688585 ]
Mon, 13 March 2017 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Mon, 13 March 2017 10:41

Adam wrote on Sun, 12 March 2017 23:16

I went back and saw where I typed "MUST WIN" for the first time. It was game #47 against Florida :

WhoreableGuy wrote on Wed, 18 January 2017 13:47

MUST WIN.

I'll be posting this for the next 30-35 games.

I even said I'd be posting it every game until the Oilers clinch. I know I've said it in the majority of threads but not every one. To go back and see would take too much of my time. But since Game #47 the Oilers are 11-9-2.

On Valentine's Day I printed out a McDavid Card and posted it in my co-workers office (I live in Calgary). Since then the Flames have gone 10-0-1. This morning I walked in there and took it off his wall and tore it up.

I feel personally responsible for this Oilers slump. I'd like to apologize to every one here on Oilfans.

I promised MJ I wouldn't do this...

You know what? I forgive you. It takes a big man (or women - we don't assume gender) to admit they made a mistake and that is the first step towards heeling our wounds and winning some hockey games. Thank you for your courage.

Friendly reminder: McDavid will be taking 8.725 million more in cap space next season. The time to win is now.

Re: Pregame: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #68) [message #688590 is a reply to message #688587 ]
Mon, 13 March 2017 11:17 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

2 Cups

While I give full credit to the Flames for going on this run and getting back into it like they have. But maybe it's just me but I would much rather have my team playing its best hockey at the end of March and into April when the playoffs start vs having to go all out, guns a blazing starting in February just to make it in. Odds are the Flames are going to slow down real quick and I doubt they will be able to ramp it back up like they have this past month stretch. The Oilers haven't gone on a big time run yet so I am cool with it happening starting in April when the playoffs start.

Previous Topic:Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #67)
Next Topic:Will the Oilers Make the Playoffs?
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2017.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca