F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » HC Replacement Possibilities?Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612304]
Tue, 29 October 2013 21:46 Go to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

I'm not quite firmly convinced that Eakins' isn't the right man for this job, but frankly, I'm getting there now. Also, to be fair, I'm not sure that *anyone* could be the right man for the job as long as Lowe is still in charge of this team.

However, I thought I'd just toss this out there because I have this impression that MacT isn't going to remain patient with Eakins throughout the entire season if the team continues to play as poorly as they did tonight.

Aside from Laviolette, who else is there who MacT could impulsively leap into hiring as a replacement?

"Life is warfare and the sojourn of a stranger in a strange land." - Marcus Aurelius

Send a private message to this user  

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612316 is a reply to message #612304 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

This team just doesn't give a damn. They aren't going to play / win for anyone... just blow this bull____ up and try again. Keep Hall, Nuge and Perron and get rid of everything else.

Ebs, Gagner and Yakupov are never going to win you anything... Schultz is a defensive disaster out there...

Petry has moments of brilliance mixed with moments of absolutely terrible miscues. Our D in general is F'ing terrible.

And don't get me started on our goalies...

Finally, get rid of the retro jerseys and design something new that looks tough as F. The orange and blue jerseys look like clown suits these days.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612319 is a reply to message #612316 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 21:53

This team just doesn't give a damn. They aren't going to play / win for anyone... just blow this bull____ up and try again. Keep Hall, Nuge and Perron and get rid of everything else.

Ebs, Gagner and Yakupov are never going to win you anything... Schultz is a defensive disaster out there...

Petry has moments of brilliance mixed with moments of absolutely terrible miscues. Our D in general is F'ing terrible.

And don't get me started on our goalies...

Finally, get rid of the retro jerseys and design something new that looks tough as F. The orange and blue jerseys look like clown suits these days.

I agree about the jerseys. Why the hell would you want to go retro with blue and orange jerseys, seriously?

Now watch MacT fire Eakins and step back in as HC.

"Life is warfare and the sojourn of a stranger in a strange land." - Marcus Aurelius

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612317 is a reply to message #612304 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

MacT is staring at a mirror right now, "I'm going back in."

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612322 is a reply to message #612304 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilerman53  is currently offline Oilerman53

No Cups

I dont think that this is a fix involving coaches, I believe now that it is management problem. There seems to a huge level of complacency with this team that resonates throughout the lineup, from the front office all the way to the fourth liners. This team could use guys like Grier, Marchment, Kovalenko, Marchant and Guerin. Guys who just went out there and played, they threw thunderous hits and kept this house a tough place to play in. Now its like teams are coming in knowing that theyre facing school girls with their new purses.

Clearly playing and winning six Stanley Cups doesnt parlay into successfully running a winning hockey team. The whole culture took a huge nosedive when Lowe took over all those years ago, this team had the small market charm with their big can do players. Now we are loaded with a bunch of highly skilled nancy boys who would rather fire ninety passes. Oh god this is getting worse, Kruegers firing was baffling at the time and MacT and the boys really sold us on Eakins and his potential toturn this team around. So far nothing, nada, just quietly getting beaten down every night.

After 8 years of ineptitude you begin to wonder whose the real schmuck? Them for sucking or me for cheering....... *cracks open bottle of whiskey*.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612331 is a reply to message #612304 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

2 Cups

The biggest problem was that when they did decide to admit to a rebuild, they still had too many country-clubbers that passed on the loser mentality. We've mentioned on here a lot over the years about the culture, and I don't think a HC change will fix that.

My company got a new CEO a year ago, and it's taken this long to move the needle to the positive even a little bit after the previous leadership fostered a toxic culture. It's been hard sledding because most of the problem children that thrived in the toxicity have taken this long to realize that their gravy train has ended and they actually have to work/deliver. For the most part, they left on their own accord (but not without making more problems along the way trying to fight the change), but many have been sacked too.

I can only hope rock bottom comes sooner rather than later.

(By the way, we had our first profit in years last quarter.)

Back-to-back prediction champ

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612341 is a reply to message #612304 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ronster  is currently offline ronster

1 Cup

We have had four head coaches in four years.

We've had three #1 picks in three years.

We've convinced one of the best young free agent defensemen to sign with us.

AND WE STILL SUCK.

No head coach can fix this. I said when Eakins was hired. His message is the same as the rest of the puppets. it's not rocket science, we need to play a heavier game.

Problem is how to do preach that type of game to a bunch of Smurfettes?

Go full Fukashima and make 'er glow. No HC change will make a lick of difference to this team. Full Scale Transplant.

Adam wrote

Maybe it's fitting to have found religion in the room because on most nights this team doesn't have a prayer.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612351 is a reply to message #612341 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bryan Halls Toupee  is currently offline Bryan Halls Toupee

No Cups

ronster wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 22:32

And mostly the same assistant coaches.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612352 is a reply to message #612351 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

2 Cups

Bryan Halls Toupee wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 22:53

ronster wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 22:32

And mostly the same assistant coaches.

I'm going to predict that the assistants (some/all) get (sacrificially and deservedly) canned this week. Yes, they're boys on the bus - but they're the most expendable ones.

"I'm not reading Skoobz' banter." - NotLeeFogolin
Buy out Nikitin.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612344 is a reply to message #612304 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

3 Cups

If a coach change does happen I hope it is someone that has a history of actually doing a good job coaching at the NHL level. That is all I want. At the very least with our garbage team continuing to lose we don't have to constantly question if maybe it is all the fault of a newb coach.

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..the game that we present and stage for the fans most nights is one of very, very high entertainment
..limitless potential
..good structural improvement

Eakins: I know EXACTLY what we need to do next year...

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612345 is a reply to message #612344 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

oobga wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 21:36

If a coach change does happen I hope it is someone that has a history of actually doing a good job coaching at the NHL level. That is all I want. At the very least with our garbage team continuing to lose we don't have to constantly question if maybe it is all the fault of a newb coach.

This. No more experiments. Pin down the HC as someone who has been there already.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612350 is a reply to message #612345 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

nullterm wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 21:38

This. No more experiments. Pin down the HC as someone who has been there already.

No HC can fix this. No one.

They need to cut out the cancer from top to bottom.

We've had FOUR head coaches in FOUR years. Whats the definition of insanity?

Adam wrote

Maybe it's fitting to have found religion in the room because on most nights this team doesn't have a prayer.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612354 is a reply to message #612350 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

1 Cup

ronster wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 22:53

nullterm wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 21:38

No HC can fix this. No one.

They need to cut out the cancer from top to bottom.

We've had FOUR head coaches in FOUR years. Whats the definition of insanity?

That's not true. We had that one guy for a few years. You know who I mean! He was here just after that other guy.

Ugh, and he was just before the newer guy we had.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612353 is a reply to message #612304 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v4ance  is currently offline v4ance

2 Cups

So how many head coaches do we need to change to finish the rebuild? 7? 8?

Asking to change the coach this early is a stupid panic move. Scotty Bowman at his heights couldn't have coached this team to a winning record because the goaltending just hasn't been good enough.

If you keep changing coaches, the systems keep changing and the players have to learn something new every year. Tambellini was too impatient with his coaches and now MacT has to bite the bullet and let his guy establish some consistency in order for this rebuild to move forward. Otherwise, it's just going to be 2 steps forward and 3 steps back each and every year.

Even if this is a lost year, let Eakins have a decent crack. No one year wonders like Tambellini's tenure. The players are starting to learn to play within Eakins' system so it's time to let them grow with it instead of ripping it out at the roots and starting all over again.

Jordan Eberle on his goal scoring: "A lot of guys joke that I have a muffin. Well, it's an accurate muffin, and that's all that counts."

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612355 is a reply to message #612353 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

v4ance wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 21:55

So how many head coaches do we need to change to finish the rebuild? 7? 8?

Asking to change the coach this early is a stupid panic move. Scotty Bowman at his heights couldn't have coached this team to a winning record because the goaltending just hasn't been good enough.

If you keep changing coaches, the systems keep changing and the players have to learn something new every year. Tambellini was too impatient with his coaches and now MacT has to bite the bullet and let his guy establish some consistency in order for this rebuild to move forward. Otherwise, it's just going to be 2 steps forward and 3 steps back each and every year.

Even if this is a lost year, let Eakins have a decent crack. No one year wonders like Tambellini's tenure. The players are starting to learn to play within Eakins' system so it's time to let them grow with it instead of ripping it out at the roots and starting all over again.

As much as i think Eakins is ANOTHER one year wonder (and nuke the whole enchilada) , this makes sense.

Changing the coach make no sense. it's proven no coach can get this team going in the right direction. Keep the message the same. At least it's some sort of continuity.

And torpedo Bucky and Smith. Get some real coaches.

Adam wrote

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612356 is a reply to message #612304 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

2 Cups

My theory on a rebuild:

You can suck to get yourself 1st rounders, but you can't allow them to play with losers, that have no courage, because that sh_t is contagious.

The franchise players should be skating around feeling untouchable, so they can develop and play to their potential.

We have the situation now where all our top picks are skating scared and have all been severly injured through thier first few years, they are getting conditioned to feel fear, and expect to lose. The boys needed to play with men, they got poultry.

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612370 is a reply to message #612356 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 22:07

My theory on a rebuild:

You can suck to get yourself 1st rounders, but you can't allow them to play with losers, that have no courage, because that sh_t is contagious.

The franchise players should be skating around feeling untouchable, so they can develop and play to their potential.

We have the situation now where all our top picks are skating scared and have all been severly injured through thier first few years, they are getting conditioned to feel fear, and expect to lose. The boys needed to play with men, they got poultry.

Dear lord this. We're the world's most elite 16 year old team against the 95/96 Avalanche.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/000 6901996.html (click, then sort by PIM's)

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612362 is a reply to message #612304 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

2 Cups

How many changes can be made before people see the real issue? It's the same one Beerfish and myself complained about several seasons ago and were ridiculed.

Management has changed the roster a thousand times with nothing to show for it. Management has changed head coaches 4 times with nothing to show for it. Management has changed GM's 3 times (once was an effed up appointment of himself) with nothing to show for it.

He has run out of excuses. There is no one left to blame, and some of us have been preaching it since before the Cup run.

oilerinvan should never leave Oilfans.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612373 is a reply to message #612304 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haggis  is currently offline haggis

No Cups

Hate to pee on your fire here but might the question be rephrased as "HC Replacement Possibilities, who would come here with the team we have, and having seen 4 coaches in 4 years leave"

Question is what is left that we haven't tried:

Quinn - highly experienced with proven NHL success.
Eakins - successful AHL coach making the jump.
Krueger - successful international coach
Renney - successful assistant promoted to coach
MacT - internal hire

So what haven't we tried? AHA I have it...Kavis Reed....proven that he can't coach football, maybe he's just in the wrong sport.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612379 is a reply to message #612373 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

haggis wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 22:40

Hate to pee on your fire here but might the question be rephrased as "HC Replacement Possibilities, who would come here with the team we have, and having seen 4 coaches in 4 years leave"

MacT - internal hire

So what haven't we tried? AHA I have it...Kavis Reed....proven that he can't coach football, maybe he's just in the wrong sport.

Ha!
..There WILL be consequences !! ... :)

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612380 is a reply to message #612379 ]
Tue, 29 October 2013 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 22:53

MacT - internal hire

Ha!

We're gonna trade Hall for a kicker?

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612383 is a reply to message #612380 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 22:54

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 22:53

MacT - internal hire

Ha!

We're gonna trade Hall for a kicker?

No, wrong guy... although...maybe Tillman will be the next Oiler GM!

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612386 is a reply to message #612383 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 30 October 2013 00:59

I know it sounds unbelievable, but he could screw up the Oil even worse than KLowN has.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612387 is a reply to message #612386 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Wed, 30 October 2013 00:08

I know it sounds unbelievable, but he could screw up the Oil even worse than KLowN has.

Yeah, he'd probably have a hard time running the team from Regina!

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612390 is a reply to message #612387 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 30 October 2013 00:12

Can't be that hard, Lowe does it from Katz's rec room re-telling stories from the glory days over a glass of bourbon.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612401 is a reply to message #612390 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

6 Cups

How do we go through 5 head coaches (MacT, Quinn, Renney, Krueger, Eakins), but pretty much the same set of assistant coaches? That just does not make sense to me. I know that if I identify the problem as being coaching, the first time around, I might try just changing the head coach. Second time, maybe. But at some point, you want to change the culture and make a wholesale change, well you have to suck it up and let your buddies go.

MacT's comments at the presser, something to the effect of "sure Dallas (my employee) can choose his own assistants if he wants to. I just hope that he keeps the current ones. But it's his choice. But I think he should keep my friends on..."

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612403 is a reply to message #612401 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 30 October 2013 08:07

How do we go through 5 head coaches (MacT, Quinn, Renney, Krueger, Eakins), but pretty much the same set of assistant coaches? That just does not make sense to me. I know that if I identify the problem as being coaching, the first time around, I might try just changing the head coach. Second time, maybe. But at some point, you want to change the culture and make a wholesale change, well you have to suck it up and let your buddies go.

MacT's comments at the presser, something to the effect of "sure Dallas (my employee) can choose his own assistants if he wants to. I just hope that he keeps the current ones. But it's his choice. But I think he should keep my friends on..."

That's exactly it. There's consequences for everyone in the organization that isn't a member of that clique, but if you played for the Oilers in the 80s, then you're golden. It's everyone else's fault. You're doing a great job!

There's no leadership there. Lowe's always giving himself an excuse. I'm sure that by January he will reveal or leak that he knew this would be a growing year, that they knew Dallas was going to have a lot of work to mold the guys on the team, and that this was never going to be a playoff year - but don't worry. They're pretty sure we'll have a big leap forward next year.

And the cycle begins anew.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612404 is a reply to message #612403 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 30 October 2013 08:22

That's exactly it. There's consequences for everyone in the organization that isn't a member of that clique, but if you played for the Oilers in the 80s, then you're golden. It's everyone else's fault. You're doing a great job!

There's no leadership there. Lowe's always giving himself an excuse. I'm sure that by January he will reveal or leak that he knew this would be a growing year, that they knew Dallas was going to have a lot of work to mold the guys on the team, and that this was never going to be a playoff year - but don't worry. They're pretty sure we'll have a big leap forward next year.

The cycle began before it even started. Those of us that saw the pattern started to get really cynical really early this season, then I got ironically optimistic because I'm a hockey hipster, then I got smug. Next year, baby. Just wait til next year.

WAC's and GAB's. WAC's and GAB's.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612429 is a reply to message #612404 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 30 October 2013 08:26

The cycle began before it even started. Those of us that saw the pattern started to get really cynical really early this season, then I got ironically optimistic because I'm a hockey hipster, then I got smug. Next year, baby. Just wait til next year.

Will you cycle through all the same attitudes? Or are you stuck in smug for good now?

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612432 is a reply to message #612429 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 30 October 2013 10:19

Will you cycle through all the same attitudes? Or are you stuck in smug for good now?

I have to say I'm really enjoy the smug, I might keep it for a while.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612434 is a reply to message #612432 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 30 October 2013 10:27

Bold decision. I was beginning to expect the unexpected when it came to your shifting attitudes.

Have I mentioned lately that my summer league team has FIVE championships to our name? So I think I know a little about winning.

What was this thread about again?

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612439 is a reply to message #612434 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 30 October 2013 10:29

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 30 October 2013 10:27

Bold decision. I was beginning to expect the unexpected when it came to your shifting attitudes.

Have I mentioned lately that my summer league team has FIVE championships to our name? So I think I know a little about winning.

They're all about the same thing now. Slight variations of the same theme.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612440 is a reply to message #612434 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 30 October 2013 10:29

The Seven Stages of Denial AKA The Typical Life of The Average Edmonton Oilers Fan.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612405 is a reply to message #612387 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 30 October 2013 01:12

Our owner lives in Vancouver, so why not?!

"I'm not reading Skoobz' banter." - NotLeeFogolin
Buy out Nikitin.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612435 is a reply to message #612405 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

4 Cups

I don't really care to change the coach, at all, but I do want to point out that probably anyone in the world, including a monkey could have obtained the Oilers' results since 2006.

Learning is the most important part of learning basic defence.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612442 is a reply to message #612435 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Wed, 30 October 2013 10:35

I don't really care to change the coach, at all, but I do want to point out that probably anyone in the world, including a monkey could have obtained the Oilers' results since 2006.

No no Magnum, you're looking at it all wrong...they WANTED to be terrible. The management was actually very skillful in making the team suck as hard as they did.

Yes, ahead of their first worst overall season they signed the coaching "dream team" and traded unsuccessfully for Dany Heatley and signed Nikolai Khabibulin and Mike Comrie, but it was all part of the plan to be terrible that year. That year, the only people who did anything wrong were Souray, the trainers and equipment staff, and Pat Quinn.

The next year, they had to shrug off some adversity to get really bad again. Ryan Whitney came out of the gate strong, and Hall, Eberle and Paajarvi all looked like players, so it was lucky that almost all of them got hurt and the team wasn't able to pull out of last place. The only blame to go out on that year was on departing players. Penner was fat and sucked. Cogliano was small and sucked. Kurtis Foster sucked. Colin Fraser sucked.

The real tricky part of the year they sucked and got Yakupov is that they had to make it seem like they were done sucking, because they didn't want people to stop coming to the games, so they sneakily went and brought in a bunch of free agents who were going to really help. Belanger was a 40 point player who won face-offs, killed penalties and would be a leader in the room. Ben Eager and Darcy Hordichuk were just what we needed for grit and sandpaper. Cam Barker was a 3rd overall pick for god's sakes! We got Smyth back too! He's an Edmonton hero!!! But the plan all along was to sandbag the year. Lowe even said so later. Of course, it was still Tom Renney's fault. And Ryan Whitney - he didn't accept his role. And a bunch of other unnamed veterans too. Man, if only they hadn't accepted the suckage plan better.

I'm making myself annoyed, so I'm going to end this post here...

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612508 is a reply to message #612442 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iamheretoday  is currently offline Iamheretoday

No Cups

wow just wow, I would laugh at this post, but I find myself almost crying...... So sad yet almost true. Hope springs eternal except in Oilers nation..... drink

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612538 is a reply to message #612508 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

1 Cup

I think if anything, Eakens should be made the GM. He can't be worse than what we have had the last decade. I don't blame him for this mess at all. What he has to work with were provided by management.

If anyone needs to go right now its all management and assistant coaches.

As far as the players go. They need tough love right now. Someone mean....someone who might kick their a**es if they whine. The only guy I would want in there would be Mark Messier. But way before that I want Lowe gone, and the assistant coaches.

Unfortunately I doubt Bono, err, Katz, has any idea what is going on down in Whoville.

I would like to be the first to thank Kevin Lowe for the lost decade....

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612557 is a reply to message #612538 ]
Wed, 30 October 2013 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bangalter  is currently offline Bangalter

No Cups

Doesnt seem like you do either considering you want Eakins to be our GM and be replaced by Mark Messier.

Re: HC Replacement Possibilities? [message #612645 is a reply to message #612557 ]
Thu, 31 October 2013 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
HipHopHopkins  is currently offline HipHopHopkins

No Cups

Just going to throw this out there but why dont we try and keep a coach for more then a season and let him work his system for a couple of seasons.

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Kaleta's on waivers
Next Topic:Eager
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2014.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca