This day on October 30
None

Happy Birthday To: HeavyMetal, OilersSuck, SWC11, True Copper n' Blue, Grace83, Accidentprone, AndersonRules

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Ethan Moreau is an excellent person
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Ethan Moreau is an excellent person [message #408484]
Wed, 20 February 2008 22:15 Go to next message
MyBestGuess  is currently offline MyBestGuess

2 Cups

A friend of ours has a son who's very athletic but has some physical problems with his legs. He needed surgery which was only available in the USA, and last week went with his mom (our friend) for the surgery. He has a long road ahead of him but he's a great kid with a super attitude. With any luck he'll be back on skates next hockey season.

Anyhow, they are neighbors with the Moreaus who have been absolutely dynamite to them during this difficult time. The dad of the family, to make matters even more challenging, is military and in Afghanistan. Our friend was telling me tonight how Ethan Moreau, even though he's on the road right now, would text her daily asking how her son was and how the surgery went. When the team gets home Ethan said he's going to take the boy to the rink for a day to hang out and raise his spirits (which at the moment are really really low). Ethan's wife has been equally fantastic as well.

Hearing a story like this just make me so proud that we have a stand up guy like Ethan Moreau as our team captain. It also makes me realize what's important to me as a fan of our hockey club. As we rebuild this proud franchise, talent and on-ice results are not the only things that are important. I want people on our team I can be proud of, people I can have my son look up to, people who have character and heart. Move out the damn head cases and scum bags, regardless of the talent level.

Way to go, Ethan Moreau (and Mrs. Moreau). Knowing what I now know about you as a human being off the ice, I will never again say a bad word about you... not even that you can't dump the puck into the opposition zone on a regular basis icon_biggrin .

Oilers Goal Horn
http://skreemr.com/link.jsp?id=6B5D44535654

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Ethan Moreau is an excellent person [message #408486 is a reply to message #408484 ]
Wed, 20 February 2008 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

Awesome story. Even more respect for Chopper and his family.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Ethan Moreau is an excellent person [message #408487 is a reply to message #408484 ]
Wed, 20 February 2008 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raggamuffin Rascal  is currently offline Raggamuffin Rascal

2 Cups

Neighbor wife with husband overseas. Methinks Moreau is playing his cards just right ;) hehehe.
Just kidding. We always knew what a great person Moreau was and if anyone is going to teach a kid to come back from injury and be tough there's no one better.

Re: Ethan Moreau is an excellent person [message #408493 is a reply to message #408487 ]
Wed, 20 February 2008 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hungoverman  is currently offline hungoverman

No Cups

My son has been in the Stollery for some time and let me tell you, people like Moreau, Stoll, Jason Smith, Laraque, Bergeron when they were here are incredible for the kids. Often they come unannounced and I think they need to see the kids as much as the kids need them. I think for the most part that is what should be attractive to players coming to Edmonton. As much as we rag on them and gossip about them people actually care in Edmonton. Pronger for example is a huge pile of dung and he will eventually reap what he has sowed. Ryan Smyth is revered here for much more than playing hockey. Players who choose to not play here because they are afraid of being in a fishbowl quickly show that they really are only businessmen who do not give a hoot about anything other than a pay cheque.
Thanks to Ethan for being a good person first and foremost!! Hockey is just his profession.

Re: Ethan Moreau is an excellent person [message #408494 is a reply to message #408484 ]
Wed, 20 February 2008 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerfreak  is currently offline oilerfreak

No Cups

This is a great story! I've had the opportunity to talk with Ethan's wife a couple of times during fundraising events that the Oiler ladies are involved in. She is a sweet heart, good for the Moreau's to go out of their way to be nice to people who could really use the encouragement right now! This is why Chopper is a leader on and off the ice! Way to go Chopper!

Re: Ethan Moreau is an excellent person [message #408498 is a reply to message #408484 ]
Thu, 21 February 2008 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oil Tycoon  is currently offline Oil Tycoon

1 Cup

Awesome story! Thanks for sharing. It does make me proud to be an Oilers fan and to have a captain like that speaks volumes. If only more players were like that. It's almost Gretzky-esque in a way, just not on the ice though. icon_biggrin

Re: Ethan Moreau is an excellent person [message #408514 is a reply to message #408484 ]
Thu, 21 February 2008 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G-Star  is currently offline G-Star

No Cups

I am glad Ethan is our captain. I think with all the youth on our team right now we couldn't have a better person in the postion. Good on you Ethan icon_thumbsup

Re: Ethan Moreau is an excellent person [message #408522 is a reply to message #408514 ]
Thu, 21 February 2008 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rollinginoil  is currently offline rollinginoil

No Cups

Cool thats good to see for sure..

I know alot of athletes expecially in that wonderfull league in that country south of us is known for producing people who are rather full of themselves *cough*NFL*cough* and I'm glad to see that pro NHL players are a little more down to earth. For our team captain to have an attitude like that around the community is definitely great to see. Good job on Moreau

I saw Ryan Smyth driving a couple seasons ago and I was surprised to see that all he drove was a F150. Your mind seems to fabricate these guys driving porches and lambo's. I squeezed big George's peck in HMV in west ed a couple years ago too haha. When I was in Filthy Mcnasty's about 3 weeks ago Lupul was in there and I bought him a keiths just to try and get him to talk about hockey... Stupid guy was more concerned about the chicks in the bar than hockey..

If it's any contellation, Sam Gagner went out on a few dates with my ex girlfriend a couple of months ago. I was a little wierded out by that one I will admit. Luckily for my pride's sake, she told Gagner she couldn't see it working out.. haha

Man.. It's a small world..

Bettman, damning the NHL since 1993...

The E-System was devised with the intelligent hockey fan in mind - Eklund

Re: Ethan Moreau is an excellent person [message #408534 is a reply to message #408522 ]
Thu, 21 February 2008 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

That F-150 was likely handed to him by a dealership to use. Seen Poti bombing around in an escalade once too.

You will find a lot of these players don't want to talk about hockey. Just like I don't want to talk about my job in the bar either. Can you blame Lupes for checking out the tail?

Limecat Logic

Re: Ethan Moreau is an excellent person [message #408537 is a reply to message #408522 ]
Thu, 21 February 2008 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ is currently online MJ

3 Cups

rollinginoil wrote on Thu, 21 February 2008 11:16

Lupul was in there and I bought him a keiths just to try and get him to talk about hockey... Stupid guy was more concerned about the chicks in the bar than hockey..

Are you serious? That's gotta be the lamest comment I've seen in quite some time.

I don't want to talk about my job at the bar either. Go figure, I'd rather check out the chicks in the bar.

You may want to get your male libido checked out. Seems it's running on empty. I can forward you some spam mail if you need recommendations to steer your way back on track.

"I still feel like the game that we present and stage for the fans most nights is one of very, very high entertainment" - MacT

Re: Ethan Moreau is an excellent person [message #408563 is a reply to message #408537 ]
Thu, 21 February 2008 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Souther  is currently offline Souther

No Cups

I'm not surprised hearing a story like this. I always thought that Ethan seemed like a really nice, down-to-earth type of guy.

My brother has met alot of the senators before and he says that Mike Fisher is probably one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. Very friendly, and loves working with kids. He actually does bible class with kids in the area. My brother said that Hasek used to just drive around an old tercel or accord. Nothing fancy.

Re: Ethan Moreau is an excellent person [message #408567 is a reply to message #408484 ]
Thu, 21 February 2008 13:14 Go to previous message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

During minor hockey week Moreau's kid was playing at Clareview arena (I'm guessing) Anyway I noticed him in the lobby after my kids game and gave my 7 year old a sharpie to get an autograph. He was very friendly and I complimented on his goal the night before.

Next day my son had a game in St. Albert. Low and behold I spot Roloson. I pull out the sharpie and tell my son to go ask. He looked put out.....said something....and kept walking. I said, "Easton, just leave him alone then." But my son kept walking behind him. It turns out that Roloson said "just a minute". My son did get an autograph on his Oiler cap and his game stick though. I was happy he got the signature but really felt like we put the guy out. Oh well. He DID give us his time.

Just a noticeable contrast. I can imagine a person would grow tired of it. For that $,......oh well.

Limecat Logic

Previous Topic:Penner At Centre
Next Topic:Close Quarters
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2014.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca