This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818547]
Sat, 25 February 2023 13:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Columbus to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818548 is a reply to message #818547 ]
Sat, 25 February 2023 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Soo, start Skinner in every game for the rest of the year?

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818550 is a reply to message #818548 ]
Sat, 25 February 2023 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

I don't think you have a choice. Campbell is a disaster in net.

Bench Leon as well. They have to bench him for a game or two... he's a HUGE liability out there.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818556 is a reply to message #818547 ]
Sat, 25 February 2023 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Embarrassing game. Connor McMust the only one with it.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818557 is a reply to message #818547 ]
Sat, 25 February 2023 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

5 straight sub .900 starts for Campbell. Yikes. He better have the off-season of his life to try to come back from this hellish season. The outscoring his goaltending thing will always blow up in our faces, even if he manages a nice 1-2 week run of getting wins. There is no way that works in the playoffs either.

Team did nothing to brag about either of course. Turning it on after already way down is classic. And then the other goalie gets hot for a period to frustrate just long enough for us to mess up again.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818558 is a reply to message #818547 ]
Sat, 25 February 2023 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Taped the game.. not even going to watch it..
Campbell 0.714 save %, 4 goals and 10 saves. all I need to know. faint

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818562 is a reply to message #818558 ]
Sun, 26 February 2023 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 25 February 2023 17:02

Wasn't as bad as it looks. One goal was a whiff. Two were the result of just plain defensive suck and the last was just a bad bounce of the glass right to Laine. Besides the McDavid comeback was epic. Watch it man, Especially if you can fast forward. PS Does anyone really "tape" anything anymore?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818563 is a reply to message #818562 ]
Sun, 26 February 2023 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Sun, 26 February 2023 02:29

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 25 February 2023 17:02

Wasn't as bad as it looks. One goal was a whiff. Two were the result of just plain defensive suck and the last was just a bad bounce of the glass right to Laine. Besides the McDavid comeback was epic. Watch it man, Especially if you can fast forward. PS Does anyone really "tape" anything anymore?

LOL.. DVR'd !
I did FF through.. just to see McD's wonder.. 2G + 2A .. what a waste of a world class effort.. rest of that team should be ashamed.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818564 is a reply to message #818563 ]
Sun, 26 February 2023 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Yeah. My wife always says “taped” and I always call her on it, bec it bugs me after 15 years of it.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818565 is a reply to message #818564 ]
Sun, 26 February 2023 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

welcometotheOC wrote on Sun, 26 February 2023 13:33

Yeah. My wife always says “taped” and I always call her on it, bec it bugs me after 15 years of it.

Important thing is she’s doing it for you, a lot of the fellas wives couldn’t be bothered.
Let the little things slide!

On the game though with 2:56 remaining after scoring I thought for sure we were coming back. If we didn’t take off the first period, this was our game! Too much easing into the game or just taking off a period.
Need that fierceness to start at first puck drop!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818566 is a reply to message #818565 ]
Sun, 26 February 2023 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NCREDiBLE wrote on Sun, 26 February 2023 13:08

Important thing is she’s doing it for you, a lot of the fellas wives couldn’t be bothered.

On the game though with 2:56 remaining after scoring I thought for sure we were coming back. If we didn’t take off the first period, this was our game! Too much easing into the game or just taking off a period.

I paused the recording just before the 1st goal.. the moment where Nurse is standing still beside the net looking across the net (and goalie) at the guy with the puck in the opposite corner.. one BJ circling behind him to get into an open spot, as well as the 2nd BJ in front of the net, the most dangerous, who eventually gets the pass and tips it home for a goal.. with Nurse standing still covering no one.. and then reacting too late.. a second too long of puck watching.

I mention it because in that moment it kind of summarizes what I think is his biggest problem, the instinct to be aware of dangerous situations.. puck watching, head never turning to look around himself.. does it with the puck too.. fires it around the boards without 1st taking a quick look over the shoulder to see who's there.. friend or foe.. just head down and fires it.. creating an own end turnover too many times.

He's not our only D-man that has those moments, but he's our #1 and a veteran, so you need to expect tighter defense and better situational awareness. Unless he fixes that flaw in his game (as well as our other D-men) Oilers will need to score a lot of goals to win games (Campbell is another issue entirely). JMHO

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818568 is a reply to message #818566 ]
Sun, 26 February 2023 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Darnell needs some help. He plays all the tough minutes against the other teams top lines and we really have no one else even close to being able to do what he does for us on a nightly basis. I tell ya if Nurse got hurt this team would be in huge trouble.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818570 is a reply to message #818568 ]
Sun, 26 February 2023 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Sun, 26 February 2023 14:51

Darnell needs some help. He plays all the tough minutes against the other teams top lines and we really have no one else even close to being able to do what he does for us on a nightly basis. I tell ya if Nurse got hurt this team would be in huge trouble.

I agree. But he could help himself just by having more awareness, something he could get better at if he focused on working on it.. he's got the hardware just needs the CPU to get a program upgrade.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818586 is a reply to message #818570 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 26 February 2023 16:35

I agree. But he could help himself just by having more awareness, something he could get better at if he focused on working on it.. he's got the hardware just needs the CPU to get a program upgrade.

First thing to go when your fatigued is decision making. If he got a few easier nights I think he would be more effective in the grand scheme of things.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818595 is a reply to message #818586 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

Or even just making a decision. Whatever it is. Standing halfway between attacking the puck carrier and taking away the pass doesn't do anything productive.
Either force the play, hope the puck carrier makes a mistake or a mishandle or rushes his pass, or take away the pass so the goalie only has to worry about the carrier. Halfway to both is most the way to useless.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818601 is a reply to message #818586 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 13:00 Go to previous message

3 Cups

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Sun, 26 February 2023 23:07

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 26 February 2023 16:35

First thing to go when your fatigued is decision making. If he got a few easier nights I think he would be more effective in the grand scheme of things.

I agree that could happen, but the particular shift I described was either his 1st or 2nd shift of the game.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818572 is a reply to message #818565 ]
Sun, 26 February 2023 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

NCREDiBLE wrote on Sun, 26 February 2023 14:08

Nah, she "tapes" for herself, make a mistake setting it then blames me when her programs aren't there for her to watch! She's not very technically savvy, or mechanically either - good thing I am pretty decent at both haha! ... a game starting at 12:30pm should not be allowed for West teams playing in the east. Is really a 10:30am start for the Oilers, typical team NHL crap we've always had to put up with.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60) [message #818559 is a reply to message #818547 ]
Sat, 25 February 2023 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

they make it hard to cheer for this team

Previous Topic:Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #61)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #60)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca