This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815597]
Sat, 17 December 2022 16:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Anaheim to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815598 is a reply to message #815597 ]
Sat, 17 December 2022 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Can’t remember a time we have been down and out played a team this much

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815600 is a reply to message #815597 ]
Sat, 17 December 2022 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Bone headed plays. Screens when there isn’t an attacker in spitting distance. This D is in disarray.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815602 is a reply to message #815600 ]
Sat, 17 December 2022 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

Nurse needs a night in the press box. Bone head plays, stupid penalties. I don't care if he scored a goal tonight. The guy is costing us games at a rapid rate. I would be hating on him if he mad 1.5 mill, let alone 9!

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815605 is a reply to message #815602 ]
Sat, 17 December 2022 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Sat, 17 December 2022 16:55

Nurse needs a night in the press box. Bone head plays, stupid penalties. I don't care if he scored a goal tonight. The guy is costing us games at a rapid rate. I would be hating on him if he mad 1.5 mill, let alone 9!

I'd say Bouchard was the bigger goat today. I would healthy scratch both of them at some point. Nurse needs something like that to wake him up, maybe. Embarrass him and wake him up.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815647 is a reply to message #815605 ]
Mon, 19 December 2022 13:20 Go to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 17 December 2022 17:00

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Sat, 17 December 2022 16:55

I'd say Bouchard was the bigger goat today. I would healthy scratch both of them at some point. Nurse needs something like that to wake him up, maybe. Embarrass him and wake him up.

Players don't actually learn by being healthy scratched, and sitting two of your best defencemen isn't going to make the team better.

More time in the video room? Sure. More time working with Manson on fundamentals? Sure. Healthy scratches? That's the tool of a desperate coach who is just trying to show the fans that he's trying everything and it's not his fault. It isn't the method of a successful coach.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815610 is a reply to message #815600 ]
Sat, 17 December 2022 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oiltec  is currently offline oiltec

No Cups

You are being too kind. That was a pathetic display of defensive hockey.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815601 is a reply to message #815597 ]
Sat, 17 December 2022 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I have two potential upsides for evaluation:

1. At least they weren't up 33.
2. At least they didn't cough up 2 points to a team that can pass them in the standings.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815604 is a reply to message #815601 ]
Sat, 17 December 2022 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 17 December 2022 17:54

2. At least they didn't cough up 2 points to a team that can pass them in the standings.

Matt Ryan now holds records on losing end of the largest SB and regular season comebacks....

Now that we're back on topic....appears as if the asking price on John Klingberg will skyrocket after his most recent games....

Wonder how Anaheim scored 4 goals with less than 20 shots on goal all game?

Tired of facing these backup goalies....and of course afternoon games too....

Way to gift Anaheim only their 3rd regulation win of the season

[Updated on: Sat, 17 December 2022 17:02]

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815606 is a reply to message #815604 ]
Sat, 17 December 2022 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Sat, 17 December 2022 16:56

Shallow depth, poor d, questionable goaltending. Same as it has ever been.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815607 is a reply to message #815604 ]
Sat, 17 December 2022 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Sat, 17 December 2022 16:56

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 17 December 2022 17:54

Matt Ryan now holds records on losing end of the largest SB and regular season comebacks....

Now that we're back on topic....appears as if the asking price on John Klingberg will skyrocket after his most recent games....

Tired of facing these backup goalies....and of course afternoon games too....

Anaheim doesn't need 20 shots if 3 of those goals are basically gifts.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815611 is a reply to message #815604 ]
Sat, 17 December 2022 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oiltec  is currently offline oiltec

No Cups

The DoD called, they want their reputation back.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815603 is a reply to message #815597 ]
Sat, 17 December 2022 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

If the Oilers shat the bed in their own zone, sleep through half the game and gift goals, f you're Anaheim you might not need a bunch of shots to beat them. Worst team in the league beats you at home, and you gifted it to them. That's embarrassing.

I thought this was an abysmal game for the Oilers. When are they going to wake up?

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815608 is a reply to message #815597 ]
Sat, 17 December 2022 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Just came by to check how the game went

https://media.tenor.com/eTcS0uAjGYsAAAAM/evil-laugh-laugh.gif

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815609 is a reply to message #815597 ]
Sat, 17 December 2022 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim is currently online Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Lose to the Worst team the the NHL .. of course they do..

Nurse still can't cover the open man in front of his net.. same mistakes.. over.. and over..

.. and Bouchard not much better.. coughs up the break away .. not the first time.. the bug is starting to become a feature..

[Updated on: Sat, 17 December 2022 18:43]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815612 is a reply to message #815609 ]
Sat, 17 December 2022 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 17 December 2022 17:39

Lose to the Worst team the the NHL .. of course they do..

Nurse still can't cover the open man in front of his net.. same mistakes.. over.. and over..

.. and Bouchard not much better.. coughs up the break away .. not the first time.. the bug is starting to become a feature..

I’d trust Barrie more in our own zone than 25 or 2 right now. The fact that pair was out there for so many goals against together (or in box leading to a goal), that’s squarely on blame Woodcroft territory now.

I knew our D in general was lacking starting the season, but man it’s so frustrating to see our games literally fall apart because the forwards and PP can’t score enough to keep up with how bad our backend is. Can’t imagine what 97 and 29 are thinking of, carrying the team every game by trying to out score our problems.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 December 2022 23:22]

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815614 is a reply to message #815612 ]
Sun, 18 December 2022 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

It's 9pm on the Saturday before Christmas, one should be out with friends enjoying the time of year, instead I was stuck watching the Oilers crumble in front of yet another no name netminder, this time the number 3. Credit where it's due he played well, but we made it easy for him.

Stupid errors in the D ain't making it easy for us. What's more frustrating was that at no point apart from the kindergarten mistakes by our D, did we look remotely threatened by the Ducks. Whilst normally you'd say it was one of those days when things perhaps didn't go our way and misfortune, to many errors are taking place for it to be just that.

If we can draw anything from this game it's possibly for me anyway the best I've seen from Holloway. He's starting to grow into an NHL player from the talented youngster he is.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815616 is a reply to message #815614 ]
Sun, 18 December 2022 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Leia wrote on Sun, 18 December 2022 09:09

It's 9pm on the Saturday before Christmas, one should be out with friends enjoying the time of year, instead I was stuck watching the Oilers crumble in front of yet another no name netminder, this time the number 3. Credit where it's due he played well, but we made it easy for him.

Stupid errors in the D ain't making it easy for us. What's more frustrating was that at no point apart from the kindergarten mistakes by our D, did we look remotely threatened by the Ducks. Whilst normally you'd say it was one of those days when things perhaps didn't go our way and misfortune, to many errors are taking place for it to be just that.

If we can draw anything from this game it's possibly for me anyway the best I've seen from Holloway. He's starting to grow into an NHL player from the talented youngster he is.

Well said Holloway is going to be a beast

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #815625 is a reply to message #815616 ]
Mon, 19 December 2022 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I wasn't able to watch the game live which is probably a good thing. I had it recorded. Team defense, stupid give aways, bad goaltending and questionable coaching decisions plague the team still.

First of all, I would have started Campbell. I get his game isn't great but he won his last start and I thought he was OK after the bad start. You need another goalie going so playing him against the Ducks was an opportunity to get him what should be an "easier" game. AND you have been playing Skinner a TON. It's been proven you can't play a goalie over and over again, it doesn't work. So I didn't like that coaching decision.

Next, playing McD and Leon together. I get it, when they are together, they can be unstoppable but it waters your lines down AND if they don't score, they are a train wreck defensively because they continue to cheat for offence. They view scoring as their only job. If those 2 gave a damn about defense, there is no way those 2 should give up as many goals against as they do. They fly the zone, the don't always back check, they let their guys go. Look at the last few games and you will see those 2 not being in the right place, flying the zone, letting guys go. Even the dumb giveaway by Nurse in the St. Louis game. Struddy broke it down. Yes Nurse made the bad pass but both McD and Leon were flying the zone looking to score an empty netter. WHY! You are winning, it's 20 seconds STAY BACK! You dont' need another goal. You stay back, Nurse doesn't try to hit you for the homerun. YES it was Nurse's mistake but those 2 had fault. You can go down and look at other goals when those 2 are on the ice together and you can find things they don't do.

Mistakes. Nurse mistake on the first goal. Can't happen. Relax, take a second, make a play. He needs to calm the frick down think about what you are doing. Stop worrying about feeding your besties for offense, stop worrying about the contract, stop worrying about scoring. Calm down, make the right play. Simplify your game. Boring plays that work ARE OK! Bouchard, DUDE! His defensive awareness is nonexistence. WHY are you making that soft ass pass attempt when the guy is LITERALLY RIGHT BESDIE YOU!!!! The guys stick was right beside yours. What are the odds you complete that pass like 1%. Bouchard made another bad error that led to a goal by Klingberg. He had control. There are 2 Ducks around close, the safe "boring" play was to flip it out or fire it off the boards but he decides to throw a soft, back handled grenade of a pass to I think it was Nuge who would skating. Not sure what he could have done considering he was skating into 2 ducks maybe get gets through because he had speed but it got turned over of course. a few seconds later its in the net. When the Oilers make a mistakes it's a 10 bell, bad, bad, bad mistake.

Goaltending. I didn't love the Fowler goal. Judging by his reaction, I don't think Skinner did. The Klingberg goal, that can't go in from there. It's a bad angle shot.

But a ton of their problems is team defense and in my opinion it starts with 97 and 29. They are the leaders, they are the best players, they are the ones that get the most ice time. If those 2 decide enough is enough and play proper team defense every shift, that means backcheck hard every time, pick up your man and stay with them every team, make smart decisions every time, don't cheat for offence every team, they rest will follow. But when they both fly the zone wanting a homerun pass before the dmen have possession turnovers happen if the dman bobbles the puck OR the dman sees McD winding up early, he's thinking "I have to get him the puck at all cost". Then mistakes happen. You have dmen trying passes they shouldn't because they are low percentage. You have McD and Leon turning the puck over a ton because they try things that they shouldn't because it's extremely low percentage of completion. But when they do that, it makes others think they should try things too. The roster isn't perfect, they could use another dman and use a bottom 6 guy, that's the fault of the GM but sub in another dman it won't change much unless the big boys change their mindset.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #33)
Next Topic:Oilers Sign Jason Demers
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca