This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » 2022-23 OOT ThreadPages (17): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817332 is a reply to message #817329 ]
Fri, 27 January 2023 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndersonRules  is currently offline AndersonRules

No Cups

I was just thinking the same thing! And the Avs get beat by the Ducks?! And to top it off, Arizona smokes St. Louis?! Weird couple of nights with lots of stinkers to go around.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817436 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Bobby Hull has passed away.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817444 is a reply to message #817436 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 09:06

Great player, terrible person.

Interesting to see some of the discussion on twitter today, as some people want to forget about the wife-beating and nazi-sympathizing parts of his life and focus just on the fact he scored a lot of goals...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817445 is a reply to message #817444 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 14:12

Interesting to see some of the discussion on twitter today, as some people want to forget about the wife-beating and nazi-sympathizing parts of his life and focus just on the fact he scored a lot of goals...

and some people want to forget about the reason why we know his name and focus on everything else. Of course we all know the best day to really focus on negative aspects of someone's life is the day they day.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817447 is a reply to message #817445 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 14:17

and some people want to forget about the reason why we know his name and focus on everything else. Of course we all know the best day to really focus on negative aspects of someone's life is the day they day.

People these days. Expect someone who lived in a totally different Era to have their bleeding heart values. If you can call them values. Seems more like they just want to cry foul. Reminds me of all the guys who pretended to be feminists just to get into panties.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 January 2023 14:25]

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817448 is a reply to message #817447 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 14:23

People these days. Expect someone who lived in a totally different Era to have their bleeding heart values. If you can call them values. Seems more like they just want to cry foul. Reminds me of all the guys who pretended to be feminists just to get into panties.

What old guy hasn't beat the crap out of his wife a few times or idolized Hitler? All these bleeding hearts don't understand - the 1970s was a different time and Nazis and women-beaters were just more socially acceptable back then!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817449 is a reply to message #817448 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 14:30

What old guy hasn't beat the crap out of his wife a few times or idolized Hitler? All these bleeding hearts don't understand - the 1970s was a different time and Nazis and women-beaters were just more socially acceptable back then!

It still doesn't explain why people are deciding to be shocked and aghast today. Unless they're only concerned with using a current event to score social media points. Personally, I like to wait until the burial to dance on a grave, but that's just me.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817450 is a reply to message #817449 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 14:55

It still doesn't explain why people are deciding to be shocked and aghast today. Unless they're only concerned with using a current event to score social media points. Personally, I like to wait until the burial to dance on a grave, but that's just me.

Well, I don't think it's only today. He hasn't been in the news a whole bunch of late, but when he has, this has been talked about. The Jets honoured him at a game about 7 years ago and there was a bit of a firestorm around that too.

I think you're only shocked if you weren't paying attention. Anyone who had previously read any of his misdeeds knew he wasn't a great person a long time ago.

Dude wasn't a great person, and most who interacted with him don't have a lot of great things to say other than he scored goals. You're not seeing a lot of people who knew him jumping to his defence on twitter. No one is saying, well, he actually WAS a good guy...

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817451 is a reply to message #817450 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 15:27

Well, I don't think it's only today. He hasn't been in the news a whole bunch of late, but when he has, this has been talked about. The Jets honoured him at a game about 7 years ago and there was a bit of a firestorm around that too.

I think you're only shocked if you weren't paying attention. Anyone who had previously read any of his misdeeds knew he wasn't a great person a long time ago.

Dude wasn't a great person, and most who interacted with him don't have a lot of great things to say other than he scored goals. You're not seeing a lot of people who knew him jumping to his defence on twitter. No one is saying, well, he actually WAS a good guy...

I don't think anyone is surprised Bobby had some skeletons in his closet. But I also don't think anyone should be surprised there's a reluctance to focus on those skeletons on the day we found out he died. Some might even find that focus on the negative undignified.

Now if you only want to have the appearance of being a good person, rather than being a good person, by all means, get a laser focus on the negative today. And really make a point of getting the jump on people who might be in mourning or who simply want to remember something positive for a couple days.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817461 is a reply to message #817451 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 15:35

Adam wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 15:27

I don't think anyone is surprised Bobby had some skeletons in his closet. But I also don't think anyone should be surprised there's a reluctance to focus on those skeletons on the day we found out he died. Some might even find that focus on the negative undignified.

Now if you only want to have the appearance of being a good person, rather than being a good person, by all means, get a laser focus on the negative today. And really make a point of getting the jump on people who might be in mourning or who simply want to remember something positive for a couple days.

I don't think there's a lot of people breaking news about this stuff - just people reacting to news stories that are balanced, talking about his hockey accomplishments and then pointing out his troubled legacy. I don't think that's an incorrect approach.

If OJ Simpson died today, would you expect the news articles to just talk about his football and acting career?

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817463 is a reply to message #817461 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 16:48

I don't think there's a lot of people breaking news about this stuff - just people reacting to news stories that are balanced, talking about his hockey accomplishments and then pointing out his troubled legacy. I don't think that's an incorrect approach.

If OJ Simpson died today, would you expect the news articles to just talk about his football and acting career?

I think the news did a pretty good job with Hull. I expect they'll do something similar with OJ even though that's also a horrible comparison. I took umbrage with you tut-tutting anyone who didn't want to have the focus on the bad stuff.

I actually might be wrong here though. When I process death I tend to focus on positives, happier times, and allowing people who a struggling the space to work through everything. It occurs to me that some people may need to focus on the negative when they're processing stuff and we're just not speaking the same language.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817464 is a reply to message #817463 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 16:58

Adam wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 16:48

I think the news did a pretty good job with Hull. I expect they'll do something similar with OJ even though that's also a horrible comparison. I took umbrage with you tut-tutting anyone who didn't want to have the focus on the bad stuff.

I actually might be wrong here though. When I process death I tend to focus on positives, happier times, and allowing people who a struggling the space to work through everything. It occurs to me that some people may need to focus on the negative when they're processing stuff and we're just not speaking the same language.

Depends who died. Graham James may have been a pretty good coach, won some titles, and probably even helped develop some players...but no one is going to celebrate that when he died, because he was a horrible person who was abusing teenage boys.

I don't think Hull and OJ are that far off. Both score high on the violence against women part of the scorecard. Hull didn't kill the women he beat up, so he has that going for him though.

I didn't tut-tut anyone. I just said he was a good player and a terrible position, and then made fun of the suggestion that we have to look at him as from another age and not with today's values - considering what the black marks against him are. Pretty confident that it's not just modern ethos that eschews being a Nazi sympathizer, or beating the tar out of women.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817465 is a reply to message #817464 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

And I’m making fun of your suggestion and your hyperbole.

Those canucks hey. Glad the Oilers are in that division

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817486 is a reply to message #817448 ]
Tue, 31 January 2023 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Well he did say Hitler did have some good ideas. One must point out it was a subject not brought up him during an interview. Hitler did have some good ideas. National nature preserves, the autobahn, social support for mothers and children, anti smoking programs, Volkswagon. I have no issue with what he said there. He didn't say I love the holocaust and Hitler should have finished the job. He said Hitler had some good ideas. I dont support woman beating in any way but yes it was more acceptable and common in that era. My issue is 99% of the people don't take the time to actually see what was said or in what context. I dont see the media interviewing friends and family. Nope twitter has declared him evil and thats good enough for everyone I guess. Society today is just a bunch of lemmings. No independent thought or reasoning. Just pile on because its the socially accepted thing to do.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 January 2023 16:06]

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817469 is a reply to message #817447 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

My father was an alcoholic who beat my mother and even his own mother (she had a suite in our basement). Go F yourself.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817488 is a reply to message #817469 ]
Tue, 31 January 2023 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

welcometotheOC wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 20:48

My father was an alcoholic who beat my mother and even his own mother (she had a suite in our basement). Go F yourself.

Yet little was probably done about it so yes it was socially accepted to a degree. Im sorry about your experience. You think thats bad. My grandpa once did a year in jail for knocking all my Grandmas teeth out. Threatened to kill her many times ( shotgun in hand). Broke broom handles over his kids. All because of alcohol. Yet my grandma took him back every time. Everyone else seemed inclined to ignore it.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817490 is a reply to message #817488 ]
Tue, 31 January 2023 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Doubling down on the stances that Nazi apologism and wife abuse are things we shouldn't judge a guy for is really something else.

Read this piece by Gare Joyce this week.

https://garejoyce2022.substack.com/p/bobby-hull-without-tear s-hockeys?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=auto_share& ;amp ;r=4e1o5

We're talking about a guy who casually said anti-semitic things about his publicist WHILE TALKING TO A REPORTER. Joyce had a lot of access to Hull while he wrote that book, and Joyce's conclusion on the man is that he's just a broken human being, who got his worst traits from a miserable father and then inflicted those on everyone else in his life.

I think it's pretty fair for the media stories to cover the fact that he leaves behind a troubling legacy and I don't think that that is just people being "too woke" nowadays.

However, as CrusaderPi so wisely said above, how about those Canucks! They really suck, eh?

[Updated on: Wed, 01 February 2023 00:12]

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817503 is a reply to message #817490 ]
Wed, 01 February 2023 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 31 January 2023 23:59

Doubling down on the stances that Nazi apologism and wife abuse are things we shouldn't judge a guy for is really something else.

https://garejoyce2022.substack.com/p/bobby-hull-without-tear s-hockeys?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=auto_share& ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;r=4e1o5

We're talking about a guy who casually said anti-semitic things about his publicist WHILE TALKING TO A REPORTER. Joyce had a lot of access to Hull while he wrote that book, and Joyce's conclusion on the man is that he's just a broken human being, who got his worst traits from a miserable father and then inflicted those on everyone else in his life.

I think it's pretty fair for the media stories to cover the fact that he leaves behind a troubling legacy and I don't think that that is just people being "too woke" nowadays.

However, as CrusaderPi so wisely said above, how about those Canucks! They really suck, eh?

Who are you to judge anyone? You didn't even know him. Disagree with his actions all you want but the day someone dies is not the time or the place to get woke points on social media. When pele died they didn't say he was a adulterous womanizer who knocked up his house keeper and refused to acknowledge his daughter for decades.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 February 2023 13:14]

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817506 is a reply to message #817503 ]
Wed, 01 February 2023 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Wed, 01 February 2023 13:10

https://garejoyce2022.substack.com/p/bobby-hull-without-tear s-hockeys?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=auto_share& ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;r=4e1o5

Who are you to judge anyone? You didn't even know him. Disagree with his actions all you want but the day someone dies is not the time or the place to get woke points on social media. When pele died they didn't say he was a adulterous womanizer who knocked up his house keeper and refused to acknowledge his daughter for decades.

I don't think that's "woke points" - that's just being aware that there's more to the story than just being good at hockey - and that at the end of the day, being a good hockey player is less important than being a good person.

We all judge people constantly. I'm safe to say that if you beat the crap out of women, then you're a piece of garbage. If anyone in here makes a practice of doing that - understand, I judge you very harshly. And just dying isn't going to soften my stance. Wife beaters are scum.

So are nazis, by the way.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817508 is a reply to message #817506 ]
Wed, 01 February 2023 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Speaking of woke, the NHL's national TV numbers are down by a fifth this year. From 478k to 373k. I have to think this failure to launch in year 2 of ESPN/TNT has got to have an impact on the cap and escrow. I can't imagine it'll have any change on how the NHL markets or presents itself.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817511 is a reply to message #817508 ]
Wed, 01 February 2023 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 01 February 2023 16:14

Speaking of woke, the NHL's national TV numbers are down by a fifth this year. From 478k to 373k. I have to think this failure to launch in year 2 of ESPN/TNT has got to have an impact on the cap and escrow. I can't imagine it'll have any change on how the NHL markets or presents itself.

Not related but apparently Fox has lost over 300 million dollars on WWE Smackdown TV rights alone in the last two years. Somethings got to give in entertainment. Between streaming services becoming an unsustainable business and dropping ad rates compiled with increasing rights fees. One would think the bubble would burst eventually.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 February 2023 16:53]

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817509 is a reply to message #817506 ]
Wed, 01 February 2023 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 01 February 2023 15:38

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Wed, 01 February 2023 13:10

https://garejoyce2022.substack.com/p/bobby-hull-without-tear s-hockeys?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=auto_share& ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;r=4e1o5

I don't think that's "woke points" - that's just being aware that there's more to the story than just being good at hockey - and that at the end of the day, being a good hockey player is less important than being a good person.

We all judge people constantly. I'm safe to say that if you beat the crap out of women, then you're a piece of garbage. If anyone in here makes a practice of doing that - understand, I judge you very harshly. And just dying isn't going to soften my stance. Wife beaters are scum.

So are nazis, by the way.

So can you tell me exactly why a reporter would ask a legendary hockey player about Hitler to begin with. Also since when do we consider a Russian newspaper a reliable source. Hull denied even making the comments after the Toronto Star recklessly reprinted them. I guess if he would have been all for socialism that would be okay now a days. I mean who have the communists ever mistreated or killed. We love doing business with them.

Edit: Nazi's killed about 17 million directly. You cant blame them for WW2 because that war was inevitable anyway. Alot of countries felt ripped off by the treaty of Versailles. WW2 was just the eventual conclusion of issues from WW1.

Roughly 93 million people have been killed by communist governments. How is it that one is the manifestation of evil and the other is seen even by people here as the future? Not trying to condone it. Just trying to understand the mass hypocrisy of our society.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 February 2023 16:43]

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817460 is a reply to message #817445 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perkele  is currently offline Perkele

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 16:17

Weren't you the same guy who spent literally days reminding everyone that George Floyd had previous drug arrests after he was murdered by those cops? Kept talking about how it was very relevant that he tried to pass off a fake $20 just before also if my memory is correct. That was a long time ago, so if I am attributing that to you and it was someone else I apologize (I'm way to lazy to go back and find that thread)

#teamBath(i)robe

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817462 is a reply to message #817460 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Perkele wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 16:36

Weren't you the same guy who spent literally days reminding everyone that George Floyd had previous drug arrests after he was murdered by those cops? Kept talking about how it was very relevant that he tried to pass off a fake $20 just before also if my memory is correct. That was a long time ago, so if I am attributing that to you and it was someone else I apologize (I'm way to lazy to go back and find that thread)

I don't think anyone is trying to make Hull a martyr, so I see something of a different set of circumstances. Unless we're blaming him for Canucks slow motion multi season implosion removing them for being a competitive hockey team for the better part of a decade.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817472 is a reply to message #817462 ]
Tue, 31 January 2023 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perkele  is currently offline Perkele

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 18:51

Perkele wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 16:36

I don't think anyone is trying to make Hull a martyr, so I see something of a different set of circumstances. Unless we're blaming him for Canucks slow motion multi season implosion removing them for being a competitive hockey team for the better part of a decade.

I really don't think anyone was trying to make him a martyr. They were some who were idolizing him (for lack of a better term) and putting him up on a pedestal which I agree was completely unnecessary. On the same note, we do that with hockey players like Hull all the time, hell, we called him the Golden Jet.

#teamBath(i)robe

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817452 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Bo Horvat traded to Islanders for Beauvillier, Rati, and a 1st round pick.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817453 is a reply to message #817452 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 14:47

This town is about to implode!

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817456 is a reply to message #817453 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 14:59

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 14:47

This town is about to implode!

Too bad they don't have an actual sports radio station here to vent on.. lol !

His availability is only for a few months so I can see why his value is lower than expected (IMO).. plus not a lot of playoff contending teams with cap space to make the deal.. at least he's not in the West.

If Islanders can sign him its an even better deal.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817457 is a reply to message #817453 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I am not so sure that is a very good trade.

Beauvillier is a bit undersized, very overpaid winger who's performing at a 3rd liner rate. There could be upside, there better be because he makes 4.15.

Who knows with the prospect.

The pick is top 12 protected in this years draft which I think is the worst part of it. I would have thought they could have got a better pick.

I guess it's not a bad trade by first glance. 2 of their issues is cap space and their defense is horrible so this doesn't really address any of those issues.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 January 2023 16:30]

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817458 is a reply to message #817457 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 16:16

I am not so sure that is a very good trade.

Beauvillier is a bit undersized, very overpaid winger who's performing at a 3rd liner rate. There could be upside, there better be because he makes 4.15.

Who knows with the prospect.

The pick is top 12 protected in this years draft which I think is the worst part of it. So the pick is 13th overall or lower. If the draft was today and the Islanders picked exactly where they stand, they would pick 14th. I would have thought they could have got a better pick. Maybe top 5 protected.

Underwhelming if you're a Vancouver fan for sure. Horvat is having a career year with 54 points in 49 games so far, and they get a guy with 20 points in 49 games and a career high of 39 points four years ago, plus a B-level prospect (former 2nd round pick with middling AHL stats this year - https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=227734) plus a pick that can't be in the top-12.

I will say, almost no one trading with them would be able to offer better than that - most of them will be in playoff positions so wouldn't have a chance of being lower than #12. Trading with a team on the playoff bubble increases their chances of having a better player out of that pick.

But I mean, the Oilers equivalent of this would be Puljujarvi or Yamamoto, Raphael Lavoie ( https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=195949& amp; amp;encode=TRUE) and our first round pick (lottery protected). And man...I'd do that in a heartbeat (assuming that the cap challenges could be met).

This is the kind of deal that will make me angry when we pay through the nose to get broken Jonathan Toews, or yet another third pairing defenceman.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 January 2023 16:48]

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817459 is a reply to message #817458 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I have heard a few NHL media guys say they think this year will be a buyers market so prices should come down. So maybe this is a sign its true. I wouldn't say what the Canucks got was bad but it wasn't a haul in my opinion.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817466 is a reply to message #817459 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 16:33

I have heard a few NHL media guys say they think this year will be a buyers market so prices should come down. So maybe this is a sign its true. I wouldn't say what the Canucks got was bad but it wasn't a haul in my opinion.

Love it, lol. Horvat was probably the only guy keeping taht poop show going. Having a hell of a season doing his best to carry that turd of a team.

I hope karma lines up properly though and the Canucks are not able to tank their way to Bedard. Seriously, 100% sure this league is rigged if the Canucks get that #1 OA for their local boy.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817467 is a reply to message #817466 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 17:38

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 30 January 2023 16:33

Love it, lol. Horvat was probably the only guy keeping taht poop show going. Having a hell of a season doing his best to carry that turd of a team.

I hope karma lines up properly though and the Canucks are not able to tank their way to Bedard. Seriously, 100% sure this league is rigged if the Canucks get that #1 OA for their local boy.

Sadly, we're done playing the Canucks, while the Kings have three games left against them and the Flames and Kraken both have two.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817468 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Mon, 30 January 2023 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

If you look past his dad's past history with the Oil.. Pretty funny

https://twitter.com/rayanddregs/status/1618319516165115906

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817477 is a reply to message #817468 ]
Tue, 31 January 2023 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I have to think the Canucks not waiting to trade Horvat has partly to so with just getting it over with but a lot to do to with making sure they are worse so they can tank more to increase their odds for a better pick. Horvat has 31 goals in 49 games. There is just over 1 month left before the deadline, in that time Horvat would most likely score way more goals in the last 12 games for the Canucks before the deadline compared to Beauvillier.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817478 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Tue, 31 January 2023 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

an added Vancouver management feature is they traded Horvat before the all star game.. Horvat won fan vote.. Peterson got NHL ops vote.. what a tire fire. What logo does he wear?

Quote:

Newly acquired New York Islanders forward Bo Horvat discusses being traded from the Vancouver Canucks while on vacation, and says he still plans to play in the NHL All-Star Game for the Pacific Division.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/it-is-what-it-is-horvat-s till-plans-to-play-for-pacific-at-all-star-game-despite-trad e/#:~:text=Watch%20Again-,'It%20is%20what%20it%20is'%3A%20Ho rvat%20still%20plans%20to,All%2DStar%20Game%20despite%20trad e&text=Newly%20acquired%20New%20York%20Islanders,Game%20 for%20the%20Pacific%20Division.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 January 2023 15:59]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817485 is a reply to message #817478 ]
Tue, 31 January 2023 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 31 January 2023 12:51

an added Vancouver management feature is they traded Horvat before the all star game.. Horvat won fan vote.. Peterson got NHL ops vote.. what a tire fire. What logo does he wear?

Quote:

Newly acquired New York Islanders forward Bo Horvat discusses being traded from the Vancouver Canucks while on vacation, and says he still plans to play in the NHL All-Star Game for the Pacific Division.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/it-is-what-it-is-horvat-s till-plans-to-play-for-pacific-at-all-star-game-despite-trad e/#:~:text=Watch%20Again-,'It%20is%20what%20it%20is'%3A%20Ho rvat%20still%20plans%20to,All%2DStar%20Game%20despite%20trad e&text=Newly%20acquired%20New%20York%20Islanders,Game%20 for%20the%20Pacific%20Division.

This Canucks “rebuild” will be like a fine wine that just keeps getting better with age.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817492 is a reply to message #817485 ]
Wed, 01 February 2023 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 31 January 2023 15:03

.. This Canucks “rebuild” will be like a fine wine that just keeps getting better with age.

.. or turn to vinegar :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817580 is a reply to message #817492 ]
Fri, 03 February 2023 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Holy man do those Hyman and Nuge deals look like bargains!

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/washington-capitals-sign-dylan-strome -to-five-year-25m-extension-1.1914737

5 mill for 5 yrs for Strome! He's having a decent year. 11 goals, 36 pts in 52 games. So he will flirt with 20 and 50+ pts but Nuge and Hyman don't make a lot more than 5 mill but will each score more than 30 goals and 80 pts.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817603 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Sun, 05 February 2023 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

2 Cups

Isles sign Bo Horvat for 8x$8.5 million.

I just don't understand. The guy has been a 60 pt (being generous) player in his career up to this contract year. Why would you pay a prospect and a 1st rounder for the privilege to overpay him by $2.5 million per year for 8 years? Is there something about this guy I don't get? He's basically Nuge.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #817605 is a reply to message #817603 ]
Sun, 05 February 2023 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sun, 05 February 2023 19:20

Isles sign Bo Horvat for 8x$8.5 million.

I just don't understand. The guy has been a 60 pt (being generous) player in his career up to this contract year. Why would you pay a prospect and a 1st rounder for the privilege to overpay him by $2.5 million per year for 8 years? Is there something about this guy I don't get? He's basically Nuge.

I think its Islanders in desperation for offense.. + Lou realizing his clock is ticking..

Horvat also has a NMC for first half o deal.. 16 team no trade after.. he's an Islander now.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 February 2023 23:04]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Pages (17): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Flyers hire more alumni to run the team
Next Topic:Flames arena
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca