This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Management and Coaching Staff updates
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Management and Coaching Staff updates [message #809933]
Thu, 07 July 2022 12:33 Go to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Quote:

The Edmonton Oilers have announced assistant coaches Glen Gulutzan and Dave Manson, as well as goalie coach Dustin Schwartz and video coach Jeremy Coupal, will return to the hockey operations staff for the 2022-23 season.

Additionally, the Oilers have expanded their video department with the promotion of Noah Segall to Video Coordinator. Segall held the same position with the AHL's Bakersfield Condors.

The club has also named Brad Holland Assistant General Manager, Professional Scouting for the 2022-23 season. Holland joined the organization as a scout in 2019. Current Assistant GM and General Manager, Bakersfield Condors, Keith Gretzky will return for his seventh season with the club.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-announce-hock ey-operations-staff-updates/c-334823070

Jay brings in his Condors video coach.

Ken Holland’s offspring gets promoted to Assistant GM, professional scouting. #Nepotism

No other changes.

Clean house or bust

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Management and Coaching Staff updates [message #809936 is a reply to message #809933 ]
Thu, 07 July 2022 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

So, same staff plus the AHL video guy and the GM's kid got a promotion? Am I reading that right? I wonder who else they interviewed for the position of Assistant General Manager, Professional Scouting?

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Management and Coaching Staff updates [message #809937 is a reply to message #809936 ]
Thu, 07 July 2022 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 07 July 2022 14:57

So, same staff plus the AHL video guy and the GM's kid got a promotion? Am I reading that right? I wonder who else they interviewed for the position of Assistant General Manager, Professional Scouting?

He's spent his whole life interviewing for this position and you think Holland should think about anyone else?

Re: Management and Coaching Staff updates [message #809938 is a reply to message #809937 ]
Thu, 07 July 2022 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Thu, 07 July 2022 13:05

He's spent his whole life interviewing for this position and you think Holland should think about anyone else?

You know what? That's fair. I retract my comment.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Management and Coaching Staff updates [message #809939 is a reply to message #809938 ]
Thu, 07 July 2022 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 07 July 2022 13:06

oilfan94 wrote on Thu, 07 July 2022 13:05

You know what? That's fair. I retract my comment.

As I said before, we’ve done nepotism a lot and while it hasn’t ever worked out, you have to think eventually it will pay off, right? I mean, you don’t want to walk away from that slot machine just before it pays off for someone else with all your quarters!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Management and Coaching Staff updates [message #809943 is a reply to message #809939 ]
Thu, 07 July 2022 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I've been reading twitter from some pretty critical bloggers and numbers guy and Holland sounds like a pretty good hire.
Lawyer, worked for the NHL, work for the Leafs and Detroit. It sure doesn't sound like just giving a guy based on his name a job.

Re: Management and Coaching Staff updates [message #809969 is a reply to message #809943 ]
Thu, 07 July 2022 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rutuu  is currently offline Rutuu

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 07 July 2022 13:45

I've been reading twitter from some pretty critical bloggers and numbers guy and Holland sounds like a pretty good hire.
Lawyer, worked for the NHL, work for the Leafs and Detroit. It sure doesn't sound like just giving a guy based on his name a job.

Why am I not shocked that he worked for Detroit?

Re: Management and Coaching Staff updates [message #809944 is a reply to message #809933 ]
Thu, 07 July 2022 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 07 July 2022 12:33

Quote:

The Edmonton Oilers have announced assistant coaches Glen Gulutzan and Dave Manson, as well as goalie coach Dustin Schwartz and video coach Jeremy Coupal, will return to the hockey operations staff for the 2022-23 season.

Additionally, the Oilers have expanded their video department with the promotion of Noah Segall to Video Coordinator. Segall held the same position with the AHL's Bakersfield Condors.

The club has also named Brad Holland Assistant General Manager, Professional Scouting for the 2022-23 season. Holland joined the organization as a scout in 2019. Current Assistant GM and General Manager, Bakersfield Condors, Keith Gretzky will return for his seventh season with the club.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-announce-hock ey-operations-staff-updates/c-334823070

Jay brings in his Condors video coach.

Ken Holland’s offspring gets promoted to Assistant GM, professional scouting. #Nepotism

No other changes.

One day Schwartz will own this team.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Management and Coaching Staff updates [message #809955 is a reply to message #809933 ]
Thu, 07 July 2022 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Expect Brian Lawton next up..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Management and Coaching Staff updates [message #810014 is a reply to message #809933 ]
Thu, 07 July 2022 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Wow it is so lucky that our GM's brother happens to be the best candidate for his job when he retires. What are the odds? Hockey genes I suppose.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Management and Coaching Staff updates [message #810023 is a reply to message #810014 ]
Thu, 07 July 2022 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 07 July 2022 21:21

Wow it is so lucky that our GM's brother happens to be the best candidate for his job when he retires. What are the odds? Hockey genes I suppose.

Son. Not brother.

It was the last GM who hired his dud brother.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Management and Coaching Staff updates [message #810034 is a reply to message #810023 ]
Thu, 07 July 2022 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rutuu  is currently offline Rutuu

No Cups

I miss Tambellini every time I see your sig now. Best Oiler's GM in the last 15yrs.

Well unless we count MacT's year at the helm when we were convinced we would be amazing and we face planted so hard we finished 3rd last then beat the Sabres in the lotto to get McDavid. MacT's confidence in himself got us that lotto combination that turned the franchise.

Re: Management and Coaching Staff updates [message #810035 is a reply to message #810034 ]
Thu, 07 July 2022 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Rutuu wrote on Thu, 07 July 2022 22:50

I miss Tambellini every time I see your sig now. Best Oiler's GM in the last 15yrs.

Well unless we count MacT's year at the helm when we were convinced we would be amazing and we face planted so hard we finished 3rd last then beat the Sabres in the lotto to get McDavid. MacT's confidence in himself got us that lotto combination that turned the franchise.

Tambo was best because he just did nothing, lol. Just brutal how true that is. Of course he never would have figured out how to tweak the lineup to actually build a contender, but still, smartest idiot award for him for sure. But then again... Holland got Katz to give him $25,000,000. If we include that kinda stuff, Holland wins. Probably got his son a salary way above any starting assistant GM too.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 July 2022 23:02]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Management and Coaching Staff updates [message #810043 is a reply to message #809933 ]
Thu, 07 July 2022 23:57 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Ken Holland @FakeOilersGM
The Edmonton Oilers are in Win Now Mode. Not having any draft picks in the future won’t be my problem (they’ll be my son’s problem).

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Previous Topic:Keith Retires
Next Topic:Three Year Woody
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca