This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808415 is a reply to message #808406 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 20:20

Also, looks like Kadri's out the rest of the series, so was this Kane's last game before getting paid?

Likely.. good way to go out though. Kadri is a triple A douche.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808418 is a reply to message #808415 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:49

Also, looks like Kadri's out the rest of the series, so was this Kane's last game before getting paid?

Avs are trying real hard to get Kane suspended too.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808419 is a reply to message #808418 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:01

They won't have to try very hard.. Parros loves the Oilers.

Yamo gets clocke din teh head and Avs don't even get a 2 minute.. or even a fine to Doucheskog .. but Kane will for sure get 1 or even 2.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808428 is a reply to message #808419 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 22:07

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:01

They won't have to try very hard.. Parros loves the Oilers.

Yamo gets clocke din teh head and Avs don't even get a 2 minute.. or even a fine to Doucheskog .. but Kane will for sure get 1 or even 2.

Our Kadri gooned their Kane. Such irony. I hate both players but am glad we had a rental this year to show that getting a good player for a playoff run is essential. Holland probably thinks he made a great move by signing the guy who landed in his lap.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808413 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

I've started toggling through all my Oilers jerseys trying to find the one with the right spark of luck for this team. None of them are working, so either the jerseys are out of luck, or I myself wearing an Oilers jersey is unlucky. I might wear my Avs jersey next game just to take them down a notch.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808416 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

At least we put Calgary out.. and the wait for the draft is a lot shorter this year.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808417 is a reply to message #808416 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:51

At least we put Calgary out.. and the wait for the draft is a lot shorter this year.

We’ll also have the BOA in 5, Avs can’t take that from us

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808420 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260 is currently online smyth260

No Cups

Too bad.

4.5M on Koskinen
5.5M on Keith
3.2M on Kassian
4.25M on dead cap (Sekera, Neal, Lucic)

An Oilers team with a properly managed cap would have competed with the Avalanche. But we are getting outclassed.

And be prepared to hear all summer about the good things Holland has done without going over the bad.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808425 is a reply to message #808420 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 22:18

Too bad.

4.5M on Koskinen
5.5M on Keith
3.2M on Kassian

An Oilers team with a properly managed cap would have competed with the Avalanche. But we are getting outclassed.

And be prepared to hear all summer about the good things Holland has done without going over the bad.

All true, but there are 2 guys visibly gutting through injuries that are maybe 60%, and probably 4 more who aren't taking the skates who are dealing with something. I think the Oilers are in this series if that's not the case. It's pretty tough if arguably the 2nd best center in the league is on your team, but isn't able to play center and you're second guessing if he should even play, and your best D isn't effective enough that you're sure he should be dressed some nights. I think the lineup would show better if they weren't losing the war of attrition so badly.

But yeah, that AAV adds up.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808426 is a reply to message #808425 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260 is currently online smyth260

No Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:37

smyth260 wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 22:18

Too bad.

4.5M on Koskinen
5.5M on Keith
3.2M on Kassian

All true, but there are 2 guys visibly gutting through injuries that are maybe 60%, and probably 4 more who aren't taking the skates who are dealing with something. I think the Oilers are in this series if that's not the case. It's pretty tough if arguably the 2nd best center in the league is on your team, but isn't able to play center and you're second guessing if he should even play, and your best D isn't effective enough that you're sure he should be dressed some nights. I think the lineup would show better if they weren't losing the war of attrition so badly.

But yeah, that AAV adds up.

The war of attrition affects both sides.

The Avalanche are now without Kadri (3rd in team scoring), Burakovsky (5th in team scoring), Sam Girard (3rd in defense TOI), and their starting goalie.

We just don’t have the players to make up for core injuries. The Avalanche do.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808421 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Nurse was terrible again..
Smith was awful on the last 2 goals..
Bouchard punked out when it mattered most on the 3-2..
Nuge failed to make himself count..
JP ineffective..
Woodcroft not finding a way to get Holloway into the line up.. fail.

Going forward Oilers have very few real shooters on this team.. McD, LD, Kane, Bouchard.. that's it.. everyone else have muffins or shoot at the logo.. and Kane is a big maybe..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808434 is a reply to message #808421 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 22:24

Nurse was terrible again..
Smith was awful on the last 2 goals..
Bouchard punked out when it mattered most on the 3-2..
Nuge failed to make himself count..
JP ineffective..
Woodcroft not finding a way to get Holloway into the line up.. fail.

Going forward Oilers have very few real shooters on this team.. McD, LD, Kane, Bouchard.. that's it.. everyone else have muffins or shoot at the logo.. and Kane is a big maybe..

This right here is the best take on the game, and series so far.

They haven’t caught a break all series, and I think it’s in their brains. But honestly, the better team is winning.

They have a chip and a chair, but it feels like handshakes happening Monday.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808423 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Avs top stars were barely involved in the first 3 avs goals. They did nothing in the game to eliminate St Louis. Compher scoring the most meaningful goals for them these last 2 series. This is how they got over the hump, effective depth, and D that can help that depth push the pace all night long.

Pretty painful that they just Kuemper injury their way to good goaltending too, but I guess Kuemper is always injured, so it was inevitable.

This is rough. We need our top guys to learn a hell of a lot from this run. We also need management to find us that depth that can consistently come through (sorry, but I don't think Holloway was going to do anything at this stage of his career), and we need better D, obviously. Our D is not that capable at keeping things moving the other way. Not at the level we need in this series. Damn hard thing to fix, because we've already committed a lot of cap space next year to a couple D. Nurse needs another major evolution in his game. I'd be trying hard to get Keith to hang them up and get a sweet deal as a coach if he wants a job close to home.

Oh and goaltending of course. Francouz was looking for an NHL deal the same time as a KHL champ that played for team Putin. We paid the premium for the team Putin guy. Francouz took what he could get, but actually had as good KHL stats as the KHL champ that played for the uber stacked team. Water under the bridge, but damn do we need to find a solid starter.

Sorry to talk like the series is pretty much done...

[Updated on: Sat, 04 June 2022 22:39]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808427 is a reply to message #808423 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 22:36

Sorry to talk like the series is pretty much done...

Eh, I’m right there with ya tho.

This team will look real different next year too and arguably, at this point with what we know and whom we have manning the phones, worse.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808429 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Yamo out.. Archie out..

Who do we put in?

https://y.yarn.co/82a994a3-4da9-4332-984e-17baa9db6d44_text.gif

Malone ... ??

https://c.tenor.com/CKYSmJVs49IAAAAC/indiana-jones-he-chose-poorly.gif

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808430 is a reply to message #808429 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 23:27

Yamo out.. Archie out..

Who do we put in?

https://y.yarn.co/82a994a3-4da9-4332-984e-17baa9db6d44_text.gif

Malone ... ??

https://c.tenor.com/CKYSmJVs49IAAAAC/indiana-jones-he-chose-poorly.gif

Hey. He played more than Archie usually does and didn't get scored on. So I think it was still an improvement. This team lives or dies purely on the performance of a handful of players though and they are up against some of the best 5 man defense we could possibly face. It's not going well.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808431 is a reply to message #808430 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 22:54

Hey. He played more than Archie usually does and didn't get scored on. So I think it was still an improvement. This team lives or dies purely on the performance of a handful of players though and they are up against some of the best 5 man defense we could possibly face. It's not going well.

I totally agree, he did play well, especially on all those PK's where Avs got skunked.. but what I was getting at was there needed to be a way to get in some more speed and skill .. didn't mind Malone as a upgrade replacement of Archie.. but I would have liked to see Holloway replace someone else up front as well.. more speed, more skill, better shot.. oh well.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808432 is a reply to message #808431 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 05 June 2022 00:23

I totally agree, he did play well, especially on all those PK's where Avs got skunked.. but what I was getting at was there needed to be a way to get in some more speed and skill .. didn't mind Malone as a upgrade replacement of Archie.. but I would have liked to see Holloway replace someone else up front as well.. more speed, more skill, better shot.. oh well.

I think issue with Hollway is that he has 38 pro games experience. And 26 points in the AHL in those 38 games. And -4. Kid has no clue what he would be in for in NHL playoffs. That would be a new low of desperation I think to toss him out there like he's gonna make a difference. More likely he looks completely lost/overwhelmed for a shift or 2 and ends up with 2 minutes of ice time. And lucky if he doesn't get scored on.

With all his injuries issues and barely getting up to speed at the AHL level, I'm thinking Holloway is a long term development project still. He's just here to get a taste of the preparation the players are going through.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 June 2022 01:51]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808443 is a reply to message #808432 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 05 June 2022 01:49

I think issue with Hollway is that he has 38 pro games experience. And 26 points in the AHL in those 38 games. And -4. Kid has no clue what he would be in for in NHL playoffs. That would be a new low of desperation I think to toss him out there like he's gonna make a difference. More likely he looks completely lost/overwhelmed for a shift or 2 and ends up with 2 minutes of ice time. And lucky if he doesn't get scored on.

With all his injuries issues and barely getting up to speed at the AHL level, I'm thinking Holloway is a long term development project still. He's just here to get a taste of the preparation the players are going through.

I think the lack of pro games is a terrible reason not to put in the best option we have. Last year Zegras and Caufield started their NHL careers in the post season. The Oilers have done it before with the likes of Tikkanen and Buchberger. Patrick Roy won a Conn Smythe before he won a Calder Trophy. Ken Dryden too I believe. There is no magic number of games you have to play before you can do okay in the NHL and really, to replace Archibald or Kassian, Holloway would just have to play seven or eight minutes and not get scored on. If he can add some offence too? Bonus. I mean, you don’t start him off playing McKinnon obviously, but if he is going out against Andrew Cogliano? I think that should be okay.

I like an awful lot of what Woodcroft does, but he’s got to lose his mindset around energy line and the value of grizzled vets (Russell is a worse choice than Broberg too). Play the best players - especially when the team is a little beat up and needs some offence coming from down the lineup. Malone has 32 points in 207 NHL games. He would have surprised himself if he contributed anything last night.

I do hope there’s a rally. I really don’t want to see this team just allow themselves to fade out in a Game 4, especially here in front of these fans. Win this next game and give themselves a chance to play one more. And then try to do it again in Denver. Give yourselves a reason to hold your head high no matter what happens.

Fwiw, I don’t think we will see Koskinen next game. Maybe if he was the goalie we had under contract for next year, but as is, I do expect we will live and die with Smith.

I hope we see a couple better adjustments from Woody, and a little more risk-taking. I think we need the high reward players in the lineup.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808451 is a reply to message #808443 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 05 June 2022 11:17

I think the lack of pro games is a terrible reason not to put in the best option we have. Last year Zegras and Caufield started their NHL careers in the post season. The Oilers have done it before with the likes of Tikkanen and Buchberger. Patrick Roy won a Conn Smythe before he won a Calder Trophy. Ken Dryden too I believe. There is no magic number of games you have to play before you can do okay in the NHL and really, to replace Archibald or Kassian, Holloway would just have to play seven or eight minutes and not get scored on. If he can add some offence too? Bonus. I mean, you don’t start him off playing McKinnon obviously, but if he is going out against Andrew Cogliano? I think that should be okay.

I like an awful lot of what Woodcroft does, but he’s got to lose his mindset around energy line and the value of grizzled vets (Russell is a worse choice than Broberg too). Play the best players - especially when the team is a little beat up and needs some offence coming from down the lineup. Malone has 32 points in 207 NHL games. He would have surprised himself if he contributed anything last night.

I do hope there’s a rally. I really don’t want to see this team just allow themselves to fade out in a Game 4, especially here in front of these fans. Win this next game and give themselves a chance to play one more. And then try to do it again in Denver. Give yourselves a reason to hold your head high no matter what happens.

Fwiw, I don’t think we will see Koskinen next game. Maybe if he was the goalie we had under contract for next year, but as is, I do expect we will live and die with Smith.

I hope we see a couple better adjustments from Woody, and a little more risk-taking. I think we need the high reward players in the lineup.

Don't think Zegras touched post season ice yet, he got in late in the season and got to freewheel and have fun with other youngins in a failed year for the Ducks. Caufield got to ease in during the regular season before playoffs and was looking much more polished as a prospect.

I don't mean to bash Holloway but just personally not seeing why everyone is so hyped on him yet. He wasn't dominating the AHL. He didn't get to do that much since we drafted him thanks to injuries. Just think it's risky tossing him out there. Maybe if we played him a bit during the season, but this is a pretty tough series where every weakness on our roster is being exposed. He could be another one to add to the list. Although we did keep playing Archie, so it's not like we have been trying that hard to minimize liabilities :) I'll just say, I don't blame Woody too much for not throwing the kid in the deep end. Not sure what is happening behind the scenes either, maybe he just legitimately does not appear ready in how he's working in practices and other stuff.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808468 is a reply to message #808451 ]
Mon, 06 June 2022 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 05 June 2022 14:46

Don't think Zegras touched post season ice yet, he got in late in the season and got to freewheel and have fun with other youngins in a failed year for the Ducks. Caufield got to ease in during the regular season before playoffs and was looking much more polished as a prospect.

I don't mean to bash Holloway but just personally not seeing why everyone is so hyped on him yet. He wasn't dominating the AHL. He didn't get to do that much since we drafted him thanks to injuries. Just think it's risky tossing him out there. Maybe if we played him a bit during the season, but this is a pretty tough series where every weakness on our roster is being exposed. He could be another one to add to the list. Although we did keep playing Archie, so it's not like we have been trying that hard to minimize liabilities :) I'll just say, I don't blame Woody too much for not throwing the kid in the deep end. Not sure what is happening behind the scenes either, maybe he just legitimately does not appear ready in how he's working in practices and other stuff.

I don't know what Woody is going to do, but with KY out, Malone wasn't the answer for the need. Now with Kane gone as well? Looking for fresh legs, energy and anything on offense...unless Woody goes full Jacques Lemaire.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808505 is a reply to message #808468 ]
Mon, 06 June 2022 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Mon, 06 June 2022 00:07

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 05 June 2022 14:46

I don't know what Woody is going to do, but with KY out, Malone wasn't the answer for the need. Now with Kane gone as well? Looking for fresh legs, energy and anything on offense...unless Woody goes full Jacques Lemaire.

Holloway hat trick coming up after I sufficiently talked down using him on here.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/be/bd/30/bebd3030a88165eb88d37e29b863baf7.gif

Did I mention Keith is terrible too?

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808445 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Oh and Kane’s hit was dangerous and caused injury so probably worth a suspension but I wish the NHL wasn’t so brutally inconsistent with this. Hits from behind only seem to even get a penalty some of the time and the result seems more likely to gauge whether a suspension is earned rather than the hit itself.

I also think the McKinnon on Draisaitl play is equally dirty and he should get a game for that too. But of course he won’t. Doubt he even gets a fine.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808446 is a reply to message #808445 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

These are the playoffs, Drai and Nurse ain't sitting.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808448 is a reply to message #808445 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 05 June 2022 11:53

Oh and Kane’s hit was dangerous and caused injury so probably worth a suspension but I wish the NHL wasn’t so brutally inconsistent with this. Hits from behind only seem to even get a penalty some of the time and the result seems more likely to gauge whether a suspension is earned rather than the hit itself.

I also think the McKinnon on Draisaitl play is equally dirty and he should get a game for that too. But of course he won’t. Doubt he even gets a fine.

Yeah there’s nothing to come from the McKinnon slewfoot. Why would they penalize the golden child and the chosen team? Yes, the Avs have been the better team this series but the calls on Oilers v the non call on Avs is astonishing.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808452 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Hope Holland shows Parros this clip when the Kane hearing comes up..
No suspension.. not even a freaking 2 minute penalty.
https://twitter.com/elksherd/status/1082104266020409344

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808453 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

At least there was this last night.. Biz had bet Pink Whitney that the Flames would win the BOA.. the bet was he'd shave his head, only the top.. like a monk.. last night the Spittinchiclets crew was in town at Rogers.. and Biz paid what he owed.. hilarious!

https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/status/15332406117628641 28

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808454 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

So Kadri done for a while with a wrist injury.

https://i.gifer.com/BJv.gif

Kane hearing, likely suspended to finish out the year.

Oh well. Impossible to feel bad for Kadri. I know he's been trying hard to not do something stupid because of his retirement contract motivation, but whatever, the guy built up a lifetime of bad karma.

And helps the cause of no cup for slewfootin Nate.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808455 is a reply to message #808454 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 05 June 2022 14:45

So Kadri done for a while with a wrist injury.

Kane hearing, likely suspended to finish out the year.

Oh well. Impossible to feel bad for Kadri. I know he's been trying hard to not do something stupid because of his retirement contract motivation, but whatever, the guy built up a lifetime of bad karma.

And helps the cause of no cup for slewfootin Nate.

When is the last time you heard a guy getting suspended for causing a non-slash wrist injury?

.. Watch Parros pull an Oiler special out of the hat.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808456 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I really hope the Oil (Connor) wins this game at home.. I'd hate to see the handshake line and then have to see them wait on the ice after to salute the crowd after a season ending loss.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808457 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Crosby vs. Rangers this year.. no suspension.

https://twitter.com/AzorcanGlobal/status/1533523281944276992 ?cxt=HHwWgMCjsZnTlcgqAAAA

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808458 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kane gets one game.
Tik Tok Mr. Holloway.
https://www.nhl.com/video/kane-suspended-one-playoff-game/t- 277440360/c-11900575

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808459 is a reply to message #808458 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 05 June 2022 16:47

Kane gets one game.
Tik Tok Mr. Holloway.
https://www.nhl.com/video/kane-suspended-one-playoff-game/t- 277440360/c-11900575

I'd just go full goon lineup. Let's bust some ankles!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808460 is a reply to message #808458 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 05 June 2022 19:47

Kane gets one game.
Tik Tok Mr. Holloway.

It’s really hard to afford the DoPS any level of credibility at all. Those clips you posted are but a microcosm of the inconsistencies doled out by those incompetents.

Someone should put all of those (and more) together and ask Parros to justify why one is a suspension while others aren’t even a minor penalty.

I know it’s my bias, but man does it ever feel like we get screwed at every single opportunity by not only DoPS, but reviews, NHL head office, etc…

The worst IMO was the James Neal pro rated goals. Then the picks for Chiarelli and McLellan, the offside the other night, Talbot’s pads being pulled apart and no goalie interference, McDavid suspended for incidental contact, etc…

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808463 is a reply to message #808460 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Sun, 05 June 2022 17:18

Kane gets one game.
Tik Tok Mr. Holloway.

It’s really hard to afford the DoPS any level of credibility at all. Those clips you posted are but a microcosm of the inconsistencies doled out by those incompetents.

Someone should put all of those (and more) together and ask Parros to justify why one is a suspension while others aren’t even a minor penalty.

I know it’s my bias, but man does it ever feel like we get screwed at every single opportunity by not only DoPS, but reviews, NHL head office, etc…

The worst IMO was the James Neal pro rated goals. Then the picks for Chiarelli and McLellan, the offside the other night, Talbot’s pads being pulled apart and no goalie interference, McDavid suspended for incidental contact, etc…

Tim Peel tweeting "KARMA!" after Kadri got injured (deleted it pretty quickly) adds a new level of credibility to the league as well, lol. Did he think twice how bad that makes his NHL refs look? NHL really is terribly run and full of clowns.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808464 is a reply to message #808460 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Sun, 05 June 2022 16:18

Kane gets one game.
Tik Tok Mr. Holloway.

There has literally never been an investigation by Parros and the NHL regarding a questionable incident involving any Oiler, where the Oiler DIDN'T get a suspension, and usually the maximum of the existing historical range. There's never been an incident involving an Oiler where you thought "I can't believe he didn't get a suspension".. but I guarantee you've thought that numerous times regarding other franchises..

I hope Oilers win tomorrow just to give a solid F U to Parros and the NHL.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 June 2022 14:45]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808466 is a reply to message #808464 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 05 June 2022 20:46

Kane gets one game.
Tik Tok Mr. Holloway.

There has literally never been an investigation by Parros and the NHL regarding a questionable incident involving any Oiler, where the Oiler DIDN'T get a suspension, and usually the maximum of the existing historical range. There's never been an incident involving an Oiler where you where you thought "I can't believe he didn't get a suspension".. but I guarantee you've thought that numerous times regarding other franchises..

I hope the Oilers win tomorrow so that I can launch another pair of pants

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808467 is a reply to message #808466 ]
Sun, 05 June 2022 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 05 June 2022 21:31

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 05 June 2022 20:46

Kane gets one game.
Tik Tok Mr. Holloway.

There has literally never been an investigation by Parros and the NHL regarding a questionable incident involving any Oiler, where the Oiler DIDN'T get a suspension, and usually the maximum of the existing historical range. There's never been an incident involving an Oiler where you where you thought "I can't believe he didn't get a suspension".. but I guarantee you've thought that numerous times regarding other franchises..

I hope the Oilers win tomorrow so that I can launch another pair of pants

Brassard hat trick incoming!!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnacceptableBaggyGreyhounddog-size_restricted.gif

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808502 is a reply to message #808464 ]
Mon, 06 June 2022 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 05 June 2022 19:46

Kane gets one game.
Tik Tok Mr. Holloway.

There has literally never been an investigation by Parros and the NHL regarding a questionable incident involving any Oiler, where the Oiler DIDN'T get a suspension, and usually the maximum of the existing historical range. There's never been an incident involving an Oiler where you thought "I can't believe he didn't get a suspension".. but I guarantee you've thought that numerous times regarding other franchises..

Here's an article on OilersNation that summarizes all the plays in these playoffs alone that were similar or worse than Kane's and received no suspensions..
https://oilersnation.com/2022/06/05/nhl-department-of-player -safety-again-shows-lack-of-consistency-with-suspension-of-e dmonton-oilers-forward-evander-kane/

Especially this by Hagel.. Hagel gets a major penalty, but after review it's reduced to a minor for crosschecking Luostarinen.. worse than what Kane did..
https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1528439234750648320?c xt=HHwWgMCogdrYjbYqAAAA

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808503 is a reply to message #808502 ]
Mon, 06 June 2022 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

3 Cups

While I think knowing the game to a degree is important when dishing out punishment, I also think having former players or refs in charge of deciding punishment doesn't work. There is WAY too much reputation involved in dishing out punishments. What Kane did was bad but I have no doubt in my mind that if it was a more "liked" player, he probably gets off with a fine which shouldn't be the case. No different than Kassian getting a fine for pulling at Byram's helmet. Kassian has a rep so he got fined. If it was someone else, nothing would have happened.

If it's a dangerous play regardless of who does it, the punishment should be the same.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808510 is a reply to message #808503 ]
Mon, 06 June 2022 16:59 Go to previous message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 06 June 2022 15:58

While I think knowing the game to a degree is important when dishing out punishment, I also think having former players or refs in charge of deciding punishment doesn't work. There is WAY too much reputation involved in dishing out punishments. What Kane did was bad but I have no doubt in my mind that if it was a more "liked" player, he probably gets off with a fine which shouldn't be the case. No different than Kassian getting a fine for pulling at Byram's helmet. Kassian has a rep so he got fined. If it was someone else, nothing would have happened.

If it's a dangerous play regardless of who does it, the punishment should be the same.

Disagree. You, as a player on the bench, cannot pull the helmet off of a player of the opposing team regardless of his being hit into your bench. It was stupid of Kass to do and he rightly got fined for it.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #4)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca