This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806821]
Fri, 20 May 2022 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Calgary to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2021-22P Regular Season
Wednesday, May 18, 2022Edmonton 6 @ Calgary 9Loss
Friday, May 20, 2022Edmonton 5 @ Calgary 3Win
Sunday, May 22, 2022Calgary 1 @ Edmonton 4Win
Tuesday, May 24, 2022Calgary 3 @ Edmonton 5Win
Thursday, May 26, 2022Edmonton 5 @ Calgary 4 (OT)Win
Home Record: 2-0-0       Road Record: 2-1-0       Overall Record: 4-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 9/16 Total: 25
Home / Road Goals Against: 4/16 Total: 20

2020-21 Regular Season
Saturday, February 6, 2021Edmonton 4 @ Calgary 6Loss
Friday, February 19, 2021Edmonton 2 @ Calgary 1Win
Saturday, February 20, 2021Calgary 1 @ Edmonton 7Win
Saturday, March 6, 2021Calgary 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Monday, March 15, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Calgary 4Loss
Wednesday, March 17, 2021Edmonton 7 @ Calgary 3Win
Friday, April 2, 2021Calgary 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Saturday, April 10, 2021Edmonton 0 @ Calgary 5Loss
Thursday, April 29, 2021Calgary 3 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Saturday, May 1, 2021Calgary 1 @ Edmonton 4Win
Home Record: 4-1-0       Road Record: 2-3-0       Overall Record: 6-4-0
Home / Road Goals For: 18/16 Total: 34
Home / Road Goals Against: 9/19 Total: 28

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806825 is a reply to message #806821 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Come on guys... let's get a better effort in tonight! Even if you don't win, just play a smart, focused game and show team commitment. Full effort for 60 minutes.

Let's get this back on track.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806828 is a reply to message #806825 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I will be interested to see how the deploy the lines. With Leon clearly hurt, I might got 12-6 to have extra skaters. I would also consider injecting some new blood to bring energy. I might go:

Leon - McD - Yamo - Leon on the wing to be a shooter and to reduce his skating requirements.

Kane - Nuge - Hyman - This is a vet line who should know how to play playoff hockey. I tell them they need to be our defensive zone start line and hopefully get the pick out fast and generate some offense.

Foegele - McLeod - JP - This is your soft minutes line. Neutral zone starts and offensive starts. I keep the message real direct and simple to each guy.
Foegele - your job is to skate hard, finish your checks, get in on the forecheck, put pucks on goals, take it to the net.
McLeod - See above. I also tell him, you are 6'2, almost 210. Act like it. You don't have to crush guys but finish every check. If you don't, you are benched. I also say, you are not McD. Yes you are fast but you aren't as skilled so don't try to deke through guys or get pucks in like McD does. Get the puck in, use your speed to get on dmen, you are big, go get the damn puck.
JP - I tell him. We need you badly. You are 6'4, well over 200 lbs. We need you to realize you are huge and act like it. You can't be a perimeter player. You don't have a shot that can pick corners from distance. Skate hard, finish your checks, get in on the forecheck, go hard to the goal, put pucks on goal as much as possible. You are massive, use your body.

Arch - Shore - Kassian - My bang and crash line. Their job is to get pucks in deep, skate hard, hit someone. When you hit someone, go find another person and hit him. Your job is to give the other lines a breather. Your job is to soften up the defense. If you happen fluke out on a goal, great. But everyone on that line should have hits and I would be disappointed if Kassian and Arch didn't push 10 a piece. You make it clear, that's their job or they sit.

Defense
Kulak - Ceci - Nurse is hurt, is obvious. You need a healthy guy to play against Calgary's top line. Kulak played big minutes in a top 4 role for the Habs all the way to the finals. He can do it.
Keith - Bouchard
Nurse - Barrie

I'd keep the mins pretty close for all 3 pairs as much as possible.

I do not put in Holloway yet. I don't want him to get his first ever NHL game, let alone his first playoff game on the road in his hometown. WAY too much pressure. If you want to get him him because other guys aren't bringing it this game, you do it in game 3 when you have last change and can get him in when you want.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2022 08:49]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806831 is a reply to message #806828 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

Sadly, this will be another onslaught by the Flames. Men against Boys (Minus 97 and 29). The teams failure to utilize younger, faster, more energized players in Holloway, Broberg, Neimalinin(spelling). Plus the miscasting of Foegele, will be our undoing. Also, I would be going with Smith tonight being backed up by Skinner. Oilers lose 7-1.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806832 is a reply to message #806831 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Fri, 20 May 2022 09:51

Sadly, this will be another onslaught by the Flames. Men against Boys (Minus 97 and 29). The teams failure to utilize younger, faster, more energized players in Holloway, Broberg, Neimalinin(spelling). Plus the miscasting of Foegele, will be our undoing. Also, I would be going with Smith tonight being backed up by Skinner. Oilers lose 7-1.

You might as well just skip watching the game since you know the outcome already and it will be a Oilers destruction. Save yourself the stress. Yikes!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806838 is a reply to message #806832 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

I am a Fan, but also realistic. 2nd best player in world operating at barely 50% nurse is hurt. JWood has a Mancrush on Archie. Kassian has one foot in the vacation lake.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806841 is a reply to message #806838 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Fri, 20 May 2022 10:24

I am a Fan, but also realistic. 2nd best player in world operating at barely 50% nurse is hurt. JWood has a Mancrush on Archie. Kassian has one foot in the vacation lake.

I think this is a win for the Oilers tonight.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806852 is a reply to message #806841 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

Anytime the Oilers have taken a spanking this year, they come back with dominance. I think it happens tonight. Especially if Drai sits out, I forecast some real 'stepping up' happening.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806830 is a reply to message #806821 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I think the important thing for the Oilers is to not panic. Grab a lunch pail, go to work, and be professional right from the start. They don’t need to set the world on fire, just be chill. Simple as.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806833 is a reply to message #806821 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

I haven’t felt this level of pant rattling Must since game 6 in LA. Breathe it in. Breathe. It. In.

LFGOOOOILERS!!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806836 is a reply to message #806821 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I would like to see some punishment doled out to Gaudreau tonight. Calgary was dirty on McDavid last game with multiple late hits and attempts to muck it up with him in scrums. If they're going to do that, I think there should be some express show that it's going to just get Johnny Hockey hurt if they do that. If Archibald needs to be out there, then this would be something he could be used for. It can't be someone like Kassian without risking a significant penalty, but Archibald "accidentally" following through after a whistle, or something? I think a message should be sent.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806845 is a reply to message #806836 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 20 May 2022 10:15

I would like to see some punishment doled out to Gaudreau tonight. Calgary was dirty on McDavid last game with multiple late hits and attempts to muck it up with him in scrums. If they're going to do that, I think there should be some express show that it's going to just get Johnny Hockey hurt if they do that. If Archibald needs to be out there, then this would be something he could be used for. It can't be someone like Kassian without risking a significant penalty, but Archibald "accidentally" following through after a whistle, or something? I think a message should be sent.

Is it just me or do we have zero D that do that kind of nasty stuff? Nurse has angry face sometimes, but he's usually just doing the chest puffed out, look at what a massive beast I am, laugh everyone off as a tiny mosquito to him intimidation stuff. Keith can barely keep up with the play and just tries to collect himself after whistles. Russell, Barrie and Bouch don't have a mean bone in their bodies. Ceci is pretty chill.

The guy that used to chase Johnny around when we played the Lames was Larsson. That was pretty much it. I feel like Mikey Anderson did more to piss off our stars in the last Kings series than our entire D core did combined so far in the playoffs. Mikey Anderson of 110 career NHL games.

Hard thing to "fix". Still need good players. Just some bad luck on personalities I guess, guys that enjoy mixing things up with the opposition and enjoy being pests. Not a big or small thing. It's purely a personality trait. Obviously Tkachuk is the poster body of being a shameless annoying troll every second of every game, probably from a lifetime of learning to laugh while being beat up by his brother. Obviously also hard to quantify how much it actually matters, aside from giving entertainment/satisfaction to fans.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2022 11:37]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806872 is a reply to message #806836 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 20 May 2022 10:15

Yes to leaving Jockey crumpled in the corner. They have some little fwds that aren't going to take a ton of punishment. Make Looch miss, you pretty much have to gift him a hit, honestly because he can't catch you and he can't react. You don't have to engage Lucic or any wannabe thug, just hammer select players during play.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806849 is a reply to message #806821 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Per DNB:
Kane-McDavid-Shore
Hyman-RNH-Puljujarvi
Foegele-McLeod-Yamamoto
Archibald-Ryan-Kassian

Nurse-Ceci
Keith-Bouchard
Kulak-Broberg
Russell

Smith
Koskinen

*Shore is a placeholder for Draisaitl. Broberg likely a placeholder for Barrie, who’s been under the weather.

LFGOOOOILERS!!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806858 is a reply to message #806849 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 20 May 2022 12:17

Per DNB:
Kane-McDavid-Shore
Hyman-RNH-Puljujarvi
Foegele-McLeod-Yamamoto
Archibald-Ryan-Kassian

Nurse-Ceci
Keith-Bouchard
Kulak-Broberg
Russell

Smith
Koskinen

*Shore is a placeholder for Draisaitl. Broberg likely a placeholder for Barrie, who’s been under the weather.

LFGOOOOILERS!!!!

3rd line is weak imho. Lots of chasing, lots of turnovers, not much finish.

Hoping Nuge plays for real tonight. Someone needs to teach JP how to hit. Kulak is tough but tries the Russell rimaround too much.

Should they play 6 D with Leon playing fewer minutes?

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806861 is a reply to message #806858 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Oh. Boy.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806862 is a reply to message #806858 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

I hope we keep our wingers up high in our zone.
They're open for a pass too often and they take all those 'rimmed' pucks far too easily and keep the pressure on us.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806863 is a reply to message #806862 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I would have to think that Foegele should be pretty motivated sitting out for the last 3 games. He's got decent size and can skate. I hope they told him to keep it simple. Skate hard, finish your checks, get pucks in, go to the net, put everything on goal.

The key is McLeod. With his size and speed, he could be a force if he chose to use his big frame. I hope he used his speed to get in hard on the Flames dmen and use that big body to win some puck battles.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806864 is a reply to message #806821 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

What time is it? .. its Time to.. MUST a MOVE Baby!! icon_nod
https://64.media.tumblr.com/fefe3d89a142e3385a75486e822d405c/tumblr_o25crwNq9R1v0y680o1_r1_500.gifv

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806867 is a reply to message #806821 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rutuu  is currently offline Rutuu

No Cups

Big bounce back game...we all know how we followed up the 9-5 game in the spring against these jokers.

Smitty battles...Connor breaks out his patented "hey he's got his stick on me" lock and hold and we go 4 for 7 on the pp...5-2 win for they boys and the split.

I'm betting this one heavy. $25 on the good guys.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806871 is a reply to message #806821 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

This is the game where you want to make your statement about how you play hockey against the Flames. If they don't show up tonight, my guess is they might swap a couple fwds and a D in from Bako for game 3.

If the D don't give it up like a $20 whore in terms of the blue line, the fwds bring pressure from the back, goaltending stops the stoppable, a debacle like game 1 doesn't happen. If the Oilers look after their own end, they can do enough at the other end to win. If they don't, no chance.

Get your split boys and come home and dominate. LFG.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806878 is a reply to message #806821 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kozari and Lee reffing this one tonight….

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806879 is a reply to message #806821 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

LFG!!!!!

I’m freezing my ass off on my deck at the lake surrounded by a bunch of jerk Flames fans. I better not be the only guy wearing an Oilers jersey who’s going to throw a cheap shot tonight.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806880 is a reply to message #806879 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Fri, 20 May 2022 20:10

LFG!!!!!

I’m freezing my ass off on my deck at the lake surrounded by a bunch of jerk Flames fans. I better not be the only guy wearing an Oilers jersey who’s going to throw a cheap shot tonight.

Broberg. Holloway. Foegele. All taking warmup.

Mind games to the max or some serious changes afoot??

Add: smoke screen for Broberg and Holloway. Russell is out, Foegs in, oil going 12-6

Kane-McDavid-Draisaitl
Hyman-RNH-Puljujarvi
Foegele-McLeod-Yamamoto
Archibald-Ryan-Kassian

Nurse-Ceci
Keith-Bouchard
Kulak-Barrie

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2022 20:20]

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806881 is a reply to message #806821 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

See ya at the end of the rodeo Guys.. LFG Oilers! icon_nod

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806884 is a reply to message #806881 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

U guys hear that KOSKI has signed in Europe for next year? Kinda forcing HOLLAND's hand now... icon_neutral

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #806932 is a reply to message #806884 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 21:34 Go to previous message

6 Cups

watchman wrote on Fri, 20 May 2022 20:32

U guys hear that KOSKI has signed in Europe for next year? Kinda forcing HOLLAND's hand now... icon_neutral

Not necessarily an issue on re-upping him. Apparently Carter agreed to a deal in Europe and then signed a Pens extension wiping out the other deal. So no fear, Holland can still come back with this pair again.

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #1)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca