This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6)Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806065]
Thu, 12 May 2022 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Los Angeles to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806089 is a reply to message #806065 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/13/MA_Route_13.svg/600px-MA_Route_13.svg.png

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806091 is a reply to message #806089 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Muuuuuuust

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806092 is a reply to message #806065 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

THANK YOU!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806093 is a reply to message #806065 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Thank sweet baby McJesus

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806094 is a reply to message #806065 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Hey Evander… what game is in Edmonton Saturday?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSnQQHeVsAApoEO.jpg

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806095 is a reply to message #806065 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

YEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

Lots I don't like right now. I think that TIppett is taking over Woodcroft's body and we're reverting to stupid crap from a bygone era. Zero from the depth, saddling Nuge with deadweight, over-valuing veterans who add little, the passive approach to defending with the lead. But we win, and that's what matters. We just need to get past the Kings and maybe Woodcroft will get over his rookie jitters and figure it out.

Now we have a single game against a lesser team full of people no one outside their parents could identify. At home where we can control match-ups, with Nurse returning to the lineup. We SHOULD advance.

Let's go!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806096 is a reply to message #806095 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 12 May 2022 23:10

YEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

Lots I don't like right now. I think that TIppett is taking over Woodcroft's body and we're reverting to stupid crap from a bygone era. Zero from the depth, saddling Nuge with deadweight, over-valuing veterans who add little, the passive approach to defending with the lead. But we win, and that's what matters. We just need to get past the Kings and maybe Woodcroft will get over his rookie jitters and figure it out.

Now we have a single game against a lesser team full of people no one outside their parents could identify. At home where we can control match-ups, with Nurse returning to the lineup. We SHOULD advance.

Let's go!

With drai busted I think we are in tough to have the balanced attack we want. I really hope he can recover some in 2 days.

So many GA these last three games come off horrible play from a totally uncoachable player that has won it all and will just play how he wants to play. It's so annoying.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806097 is a reply to message #806096 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 12 May 2022 23:19

YEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

Let's go!

With drai busted I think we are in tough to have the balanced attack we want. I really hope he can recover some in 2 days.

So many GA these last three games come off horrible play from a totally uncoachable player that has won it all and will just play how he wants to play. It's so annoying.

Just pray we win the Cup and he can retire as a champion this summer.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806101 is a reply to message #806096 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

YEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

Let's go!

All the more reason to not have Drai with Connor, IMO.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806124 is a reply to message #806101 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 12 May 2022 23:26

YEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

Let's go!

All the more reason to not have Drai with Connor, IMO.

Drai can't skate though. He is basically a short battle and get open for a shot guy now. Think he needs good fast players with him to cover and to set him up for some shots. Don't think he can be depended on for much more if he is in the same state as this game.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2022 01:35]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806099 is a reply to message #806095 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

So Friday 13th wasn't a bad omen after all, well concerning the Oilers anyway. Lots of things that were way better than the previous two games, but losing that lead made it nerve shredding in the 3rd.

Got to say, obviously we over here take the feeds we are given when on our TV station (hopefully that changes next year with a new provider). Through this series, we've seen Bally, Sportsnet and TBS. I have to say Bally is among the worse I've seen covering sports, and the home town bias towards the Kings is cringe worthy. So it makes winning this game and hearing them suck it up so much more fun.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806112 is a reply to message #806099 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Leia wrote on Thu, 12 May 2022 22:22

So Friday 13th wasn't a bad omen after all, well concerning the Oilers anyway. Lots of things that were way better than the previous two games, but losing that lead made it nerve shredding in the 3rd.

Got to say, obviously we over here take the feeds we are given when on our TV station (hopefully that changes next year with a new provider). Through this series, we've seen Bally, Sportsnet and TBS. I have to say Bally is among the worse I've seen covering sports, and the home town bias towards the Kings is cringe worthy. So it makes winning this game and hearing them suck it up so much more fun.

It was the Thursday the 12th here :)

Yeah the US home team broadcasts are cringe.. worse yet is the Bruins..

I turned off the Sportsnet tonight, I decided they're bad voodoo .. had Jack and Bob synched up to the PVR playback.. they won.. so its officially a thing now .. icon_nod

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806131 is a reply to message #806112 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 12 May 2022 23:49

Leia wrote on Thu, 12 May 2022 22:22

It was the Thursday the 12th here :)

Yeah the US home team broadcasts are cringe.. worse yet is the Bruins..

I turned off the Sportsnet tonight, I decided they're bad voodoo .. had Jack and Bob synched up to the PVR playback.. they won.. so its officially a thing now .. icon_nod

That’s all fun until you want to rewind for a replay or pause for a piss.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806133 is a reply to message #806131 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

g2k wrote on Fri, 13 May 2022 04:51

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 12 May 2022 23:49

.. I turned off the Sportsnet tonight, I decided they're bad voodoo .. had Jack and Bob synched up to the PVR playback.. they won.. so its officially a thing now .. icon_nod

That’s all fun until you want to rewind for a replay or pause for a piss.

Its a sacrifice.. but worth it. 👍🏻🙂

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2022 06:54]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806098 is a reply to message #806065 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Three things I like;
Evander continues to produce. I know, I know. But man oh man bring him back.

The D. Keith and Bouch marginally better this game, Kulak and Ceci dang good, Russ was Russ and blocking everything, Barrie gets the GWG and Broberg wasn’t a detriment.

Connor. How can he not be on here.

Three things I don’t like;
Yamo another dumb decision leads to penalty at bad time. Game 1, right off the hop takes a stupid penalty and then that late one tonight. Gotta be smarter.

Serious vibes given that Tippett is in Woodcroft’s head.

We have to wait till Saturday for Game 7??

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806100 is a reply to message #806098 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

Quick was really screened on the Tyson goal... Tyson saw the spot and hit it. god

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806103 is a reply to message #806065 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

I hate Athanasiou and Holland so much. Aside from being injury prone, how good would he look in Edmonton right now?

Oil win. I’m dying by the second. Nerves are at an all time high.

I/We/They/Everyone, pick your pronoun, needs a second round series.

LFG!!!!!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806109 is a reply to message #806103 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 12 May 2022 23:29

I hate Athanasiou and Holland so much. Aside from being injury prone, how good would he look in Edmonton right now?

LFG!!!!!

Personally, I thought Athanasiou was given a real shot for a top 6 spot on the OIL... More than a lot of others... He just didn't produce. With the KINGS, maybe he is just further up on the talent chart. Or the Kings were so bad early they didn't have any choice but to play him...

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806114 is a reply to message #806109 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

watchman wrote on Thu, 12 May 2022 23:40

LFG!!!!!

Personally, I thought Athanasiou was given a real shot for a top 6 spot on the OIL... More than a lot of others... He just didn't produce. With the KINGS, maybe he is just further up on the talent chart. Or the Kings were so bad early they didn't have any choice but to play him...

9 games played. Forever an Oiler.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806120 is a reply to message #806114 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 12 May 2022 23:54

watchman wrote on Thu, 12 May 2022 23:40

LFG!!!!!

9 games played. Forever an Oiler.

And how many of those on the top line? None in the post-season. I think Tippett gave him about 1 and a half games and he didn't have a hat trick, so he was busted down to the bottom six.

I will say, as stupid as Mike Smith's penalty was, AA made an absolute meal of that. Rolled around writhing like he was John Wayne Bobbitt. It was just a little love tap...although if Smith's going to do moronic things like that, he should probably at least really hit him hard.

I think the calls on Yamamoto were both REALLY weak compared to what they let go. The Nuge call was brutal too, and the non-calls on Anderson for the after-the-play nonsense is ridiculous. The Kings allowed to mug our superstars after every whistle with no consequence. Reffing was as bad as I've seen it tonight.

Don't love that Woodcroft is following in McLellan and Tippett's shoes with his fear of the league's wrath on referee criticism...even was quoting McLellan tonight. Ugh.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806125 is a reply to message #806103 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

LFG!!!!!

Wonder if AA is like Panarin and cares more about being in a big city than playing with certain players. Man I wish Holland read that situation better. Pretty sure AA took a lesser deal than we offered him, didn't he?

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806104 is a reply to message #806065 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Well, the big line did its thing, 97 and EK. Thought Nuge was excellent on the dot and great on the kill, kill was excellent except when Nuge took the minor. Did not show on the scoreboard, but he was leaned on a bit more than usual and was a factor.

Hope LD mends up quick here, clearly diminished minutes, sick and a wonky pin by the looks of it. Dirty play on the takedown.

Abysmal reffing, LA dressed a couple of em tonight and it wasn't enough.

Although I would have like Edmonton to have kept rolling after 2 and 3, pretty good tonight under huge pressure considering Nurse out and LD below 100%.

Hopefully Nurse comes back and delivers. Edmonton should be rockin on Saturday. Just effin win, Oilers.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 May 2022 23:34]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806111 is a reply to message #806104 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 12 May 2022 23:31

Well, the big line did its thing, 97 and EK. Thought Nuge was excellent on the dot and great on the kill, kill was excellent except when Nuge took the minor. Did not show on the scoreboard, but he was leaned on a bit more than usual and was a factor.

Hope LD mends up quick here, clearly diminished minutes, sick and a wonky pin by the looks of it. Dirty play on the takedown.

Although I would have like Edmonton to have kept rolling after 2 and 3, pretty good tonight under huge pressure considering Nurse out and LD below 100%.

Hopefully Nurse comes back and delivers. Edmonton should be rockin on Saturday. Just effin win, Oilers.

Nuge’s minor should’ve been embellishment on the Kings and at the very worst coincidental penalties. What a joke.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 May 2022 23:54]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806117 is a reply to message #806111 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 12 May 2022 23:42

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 12 May 2022 23:31

Nige’s minor should’ve been embellishment on the Kings and at the very worst coincidental penalties. What a joke.

Yeah I missed the actual play, horrible. I just watched that interference non call on McDavid in the 3rd again on the highlights that's frigging horrible, the LA no name player was looking at him all the way.

Just watched Kane's game in the highlights again, holy crap he's doing his best to outweigh the Keith acquisition. Wish there was a way to keep this dude around. If the Oilers somehow go deep, EK is gonna have some lofty Cy Young looking numbers.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806110 is a reply to message #806065 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Connor F. McDavid .. OH Yeah Baby!! icon_nod

https://c.tenor.com/UgAEZj1mIeYAAAAC/edmonton-oilers-connor-mcdavid.gif

Big Chuck Norris Thumbs Up!
https://www.troublefreepool.com/media/thumbs-up-gif.3464/full

[Updated on: Thu, 12 May 2022 23:44]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806121 is a reply to message #806065 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oh I forgot to mention the 10 meter platform dive by Grundstrum on Nuge's "cross check".. another Ghost call..Nuge hit him horizontally .. Grundstrom paused.. and then went vertical.. defying physics..
Grundstum should be put on the NHL "Dive List".. but he won't.

The steer wrestling move on both McDavid's and Leon's heads (c/w slew foot) when they were both jumped in that scrum should be reviewed by DOPS.. but won't..

Anderson has done that move at least twice now, he tried to take Nuge's head off in a similar move in a previous game.. Not the next game.. but someone should be taking his number for next year.. fill him in with 10 tonnes of cement.

Kings were actively trying to take out Leon all series, they know he has a LBI and have been targeting it, that slew-foot was a shining example.

Revenge is best served cold.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2022 01:06]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806127 is a reply to message #806121 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 13 May 2022 01:02

Oh I forgot to mention the 10 meter platform dive by Grundstrum on Nuge's "cross check".. another Ghost call..Nuge hit him horizontally .. Grundstrom paused.. and then went vertical.. defying physics..
Grundstum should be put on the NHL "Dive List".. but he won't.

The steer wrestling move on both McDavid's and Leon's heads (c/w slew foot) when they were both jumped in that scrum should be reviewed by DOPS.. but won't..

Anderson has done that move at least twice now, he tried to take Nuge's head off in a similar move in a previous game.. Not the next game.. but someone should be taking his number for next year.. fill him in with 10 tonnes of cement.

Kings were actively trying to take out Leon all series, they know he has a LBI and have been targeting it, that slew-foot was a shining example.

Revenge is best served cold.

As much as I called out Bally sports before, the colour guy was half way through saying it was a good call on the replay and suddenly went "ooh he certainly made the most of that tap". Still called it a good penalty though.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806134 is a reply to message #806127 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Great game! They came out hard and fast and won.

Smith with a bounce back game. Made the saves he needed to save.

McD was all world. You need your best players to be your best players and he was.

Leon just gutting it out. I thought the play that hurt him was freaking dirty and a slew foot. I hope the league does something but they won't.

The whole D Core was good. Kulak and Ceci were awesome. Ceci continues to be an excellent signing despite all the hate he got in here and Kulak, great pick up. I thought Keith and Bouchard after a rough couple of games where solid which is all I expect. Barrie, big game to step up. I thought Russell was great. Been out a while, comes in solid defensively, good on the PK, some HUGE blocks. Like it or not, blocks MATTER in the playoffs. Talk to the Kings about how big blocks are when they had 30 the previous game.

Kane, big game from him he was a beast.

Hyman was going.

Yamo was alright. I thought his penalty was BS. Driving to the net with a defender leaning on him. Quick dives at his legs to make a save. What's he supposed to, go matrix?

Another Meh game from Nuge but whatelse is new for him and playoffs. Excuses with who his linemates were of course. I saw plenty of times he was with Kane and Hyman. Big players come up with big games no matter the circumstances. Still waiting for him to have big game when it matters most. 11 years and still waiting.

I thought Archibald had a great game. Physical, created scoring chances, almost scored. Good on the PK. I can't ask for anymore from a bottom 6 guy.

McLeod was just ok. If they guy ever grew a set and was willing to drive the net and get into the paint, he'd be unstoppable. I hope it comes.

JP not a factor again. He didn't get to play much so hard to say if maybe as the game wore on he's get going better but I am going to question the coach. This was a must win for the team and he played the guys he thought were going. I listened to Strudwick talk yesterday and he put it well. The Oilers needed to take the first 10 or so mins of the first and see who's going. It's not up to the coach to get a guy going, it was a win or your out game so you should be coming out like you were shot out of a canyon first shift. Strudwick said you can tell real quick who's going and who's not and the coach needs to play who's going. Obvious JP wasn't going so he didn't get to play much.

I thought the reffing was horrendous.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806136 is a reply to message #806134 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I would love it if Sportsnet allowed Jack Michaels to call game 7 to bring the energy up for a game 7. Nothing technically wrong with Singh as a play calling, he calls a fine game but my god he's BORING.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806137 is a reply to message #806136 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 13 May 2022 08:36

I would love it if Sportsnet allowed Jack Michaels to call game 7 to bring the energy up for a game 7. Nothing technically wrong with Singh as a play calling, he calls a fine game but my god he's BORING.

If the first thing that comes to mind with a public speaker is "oh my god he's boring" that speaker is not technically proficient. Singh, as a national broadcaster, is bad at his job. But again, if Sportsnet and the government that funds them, wants someone who is bad at their job calling national games that is their choice. What I don't understand is why they're not leveraging their channels by providing a local feed (and selling local ads) on Sportsnet Oilers.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806139 is a reply to message #806137 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 13 May 2022 08:44

If the first thing that comes to mind with a public speaker is "oh my god he's boring" that speaker is not technically proficient. Singh, as a national broadcaster, is bad at his job. But again, if Sportsnet and the government that funds them, wants someone who is bad at their job calling national games that is their choice. What I don't understand is why they're not leveraging their channels by providing a local feed (and selling local ads) on Sportsnet Oilers.

Toronto who has Cuthbert for all their regular season games has him.
Calgary has their guy Rick Ball.
I don't get why Edmonton has Singh and any time the Oilers played a Saturday game, they had Singh.

I don't enjoy his call at all.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806141 is a reply to message #806139 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 13 May 2022 08:50

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 13 May 2022 08:44

Toronto who has Cuthbert for all their regular season games has him.
Calgary has their guy Rick Ball.
I don't get why Edmonton has Singh and any time the Oilers played a Saturday game, they had Singh.

I don't enjoy his call at all.

In case anyone from the Sportsnet / TSN / CBC corporate offices reads Oilfans, decisions like forcing Singh on the public are why I no longer pay for cable and generally choose the opposition feed when available. I'd rather listen to the Kings' homer play by play than worry about a Singh induced nap.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806144 is a reply to message #806065 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Stoked about the win.

Draisaitl is hurt but I am glad he gutted it out, hopefully a few minutes in a hyperbaric chamber will do his knee some good. I'm scared for him!

Nuge was great on the dot, but man.. give the guy a shooting lane and he'll shoot wide each and every time. Put a guy in front of him and he find the net. Still, boy has got to hit the net.

Kane is just upping his value with his monster effort, there is no chance the Oilers can afford him after this playoffs. Guaranteed 5x7M deal. Too early to talk about that..

Stupid penalty by Smith but in all honesty, if you are going to place your stick anywhere close to the crotch anyone is going to pick it up and pretend you've stabbed them. Anthanasiou was doing gamesmanship. Oh and the convo about him having a change with the Oilers? Tippet tried him out like 5 games and then relegated him to the back 6. That said, AA was invisible in those playoffs 0 points in 4 games.

McDavid... come. on. MCDAVID!!!! Thank Jesus he's on this team.

The Kings are beatable, the Oilers are better. The Oilers have to come out hard, fast and score first. Hit anything that moves and play good and play hard.

So nervous I'm not sure I can take it.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806146 is a reply to message #806065 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I’m hung titties today, been slugging away working and taking duece breaks. Now I’m off to the gym to run a Murph workout. Should be interesting. 🤮

I’d do it all again for a game 7 win! Go Oilers!!!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806148 is a reply to message #806065 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

Wow I actually shut it off in the second before the LA goal, the team was giving me rage fits lol. Last I checked the score it was even at 2 was super excited to see the dub this morning. Bring on game 7, PLAY LABAMABA BAYBY

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806152 is a reply to message #806148 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Here is a question I have. If the goal of the league is to get every call right, why is it the responsibility of the individual team to take the risk to challenge a close goal? Why isn't the league taking a look at that goal last night no matter what, just to confirm? It doesn't have to be a frame by frame stare at it for 5 mins type of thing on every goal. That can be what a challenge is for but why can't they look at the goal quickly and then if it's a situation like last night where there might be a legit case, take a closer look.

If the goal is to not have the refs decide the outcome of the game as much as possible, make sure you are getting the right call then.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806156 is a reply to message #806152 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hibernia  is currently offline Hibernia

No Cups

The goal of the league isn't to get it right, it's to make money. Stop thinking of the NHL as a league and more of a business and the reffing will make sense. They don't promote Canadian teams in the playoffs cause they already have well established fanbases that will already spend big $$ on the sport. They want to get that in the major US markets. Can't do that as well, if the teams aren't winning.

Twitter: @AitchOil

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806159 is a reply to message #806156 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Hibernia wrote on Fri, 13 May 2022 12:46

The goal of the league isn't to get it right, it's to make money. Stop thinking of the NHL as a league and more of a business and the reffing will make sense. They don't promote Canadian teams in the playoffs cause they already have well established fanbases that will already spend big $$ on the sport. They want to get that in the major US markets. Can't do that as well, if the teams aren't winning.

If you think of the NHL as a multi-national business with 32 branch offices and a head office that is completely removed from day-to-day operations it's very easy to understand how a whole department is a miserable failure.

The conspiracy believe competence. The NHL is not competent.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6) [message #806169 is a reply to message #806159 ]
Fri, 13 May 2022 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 13 May 2022 12:05

Hibernia wrote on Fri, 13 May 2022 12:46

If you think of the NHL as a multi-national business with 32 branch offices and a head office that is completely removed from day-to-day operations it's very easy to understand how a whole department is a miserable failure.

The conspiracy believe competence. The NHL is not competent.

Incompetence causes randomly bad referee decisions and non-decisions.. last night wasn't random.. that open ice hit on McDavid without the puck was another obvious call that was ignored.. two refs don't miss that.. they both decide not to call it.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca