This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805565]
Sun, 08 May 2022 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Los Angeles to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805568 is a reply to message #805565 ]
Sun, 08 May 2022 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

One team played like this was a playoff game instead of a pond scrimmage. They need to wake the $&&@ up for Game 5.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805570 is a reply to message #805568 ]
Sun, 08 May 2022 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

That was all on us. We lost that game flat out.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805577 is a reply to message #805570 ]
Sun, 08 May 2022 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

This game was so Oilers.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805572 is a reply to message #805568 ]
Sun, 08 May 2022 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sun, 08 May 2022 22:36

One team played like this was a playoff game instead of a pond scrimmage. They need to wake the $&&@ up for Game 5.

Turns out it isn’t going to be that easy. You’d think they would have learned that from Chicago and Winnipeg but what do we know?

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805573 is a reply to message #805565 ]
Sun, 08 May 2022 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rutuu  is currently offline Rutuu

No Cups

We still take the series.

Kane...woof.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805574 is a reply to message #805565 ]
Sun, 08 May 2022 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Nice job taking a dump on the ice boys!

https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-13-2015/eYRR2Z.gif

How about trying next time

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805575 is a reply to message #805565 ]
Sun, 08 May 2022 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Pretty disappointing, the level of play even more than the outcome. They'd better figure this out.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805576 is a reply to message #805565 ]
Sun, 08 May 2022 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Bad time for many players to have their worst games of the season tonight.
The star players were held in check, very few big moments from them.

Role players were awful. Kassian, Fougele, Brassard, JP. All bad. The worst was Archibald. He is awful. I know some have been happy to see him trying hard but he is a black hole in the o zone and cant get out of our own end.

Others mentioned it but Bouchard/Keith had a rough one.

As bad as Bouchard was in the Oilers end I think they need to replace Barrie with him on PP1. Barrie can't keep the puck in, makes slow passes and can't get a puck through traffic. As soon as the team tries to reverse sides it dies with him. This is a key part of a dynamic PP and Barrie can't handle it.

Smith is the only one who can hold his head high right now. He had a good game.
Honorable mention to Yamo, he was buzzing around pretty good, drew a penalty, had a couple good forechecks and passes.

Oh well, a split on the road is usually acceptable in the playoffs. Back home to get back on track.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805578 is a reply to message #805576 ]
Sun, 08 May 2022 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

Hopefully this is the last game we see from the Conspiracy Kid here. He is brutal as a hockey player and person.

Whole team played like they got lit up last night in Hollywood, but wow is Arch next level.

Sure hope this absolute no show doesn’t bite ‘em, cuz I have a bad feeling about this.

Wow.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805580 is a reply to message #805578 ]
Mon, 09 May 2022 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Slim Jim Phantom Call wrote on Sun, 08 May 2022 22:48

Hopefully this is the last game we see from the Conspiracy Kid here. He is brutal as a hockey player and person.

Whole team played like they got lit up last night in Hollywood, but wow is Arch next level.

Sure hope this absolute no show doesn’t bite ‘em, cuz I have a bad feeling about this.

Wow.

I have no evidence either way, but they were definitely playing like a hungover team.

The only thing they should be drinking until July is water, gatoraide, or whatever fancy health shakes they make. This ain't the 70s/80s anymore.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805581 is a reply to message #805580 ]
Mon, 09 May 2022 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Mon, 09 May 2022 00:13

Slim Jim Phantom Call wrote on Sun, 08 May 2022 22:48

Wow.

I have no evidence either way, but they were definitely playing like a hungover team.

The only thing they should be drinking until July is water, gatoraide, or whatever fancy health shakes they make. This ain't the 70s/80s anymore.

This game was very January.

Is there anywhere in LA that a bunch of young bucks with $$$$$ could go party hard on a Saturday night? Asking for a friends.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805582 is a reply to message #805581 ]
Mon, 09 May 2022 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Well that wasn't worth staying up for. I kept hoping that we'd wake up in between periods but nope. Quick made some ridiculously good saves, but still, need a much better effort all around.

Flush that one & get ready for game 5.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805584 is a reply to message #805582 ]
Mon, 09 May 2022 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Mon, 09 May 2022 08:05

Well that wasn't worth staying up for. I kept hoping that we'd wake up in between periods but nope. Quick made some ridiculously good saves, but still, need a much better effort all around.

Flush that one & get ready for game 5.

Lol. Just watched it with my morning coffee. Thrilled to have gotten a good night’s sleep.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805585 is a reply to message #805584 ]
Mon, 09 May 2022 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

No worries. The boys just lost one so I could switch from ched and watch them dominate 5 and 6. The mojo is still alive. Almost exceeding mustyness.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805583 is a reply to message #805576 ]
Mon, 09 May 2022 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 09 May 2022 01:55

Honorable mention to Yamo, he was buzzing around pretty good, drew a penalty, had a couple good forechecks and passes.

Pretty much how i saw it too. Happy that goaltending hasn’t been an issue in 4 games.

Hard to believe that this was the same team i watched in the 2nd period of game 2. They must have had 50 solid hits in that single period. Probably the best and most complete period I’ve seen this team play in 15 years. Did they even finish 5 checks in game 4? Where the hell was the forecheck?

Like everyone is saying, they looked hungover.

Brutal call IMO to allow that 3rd goal, but thankfully it really had no bearing on the outcome so i didn’t lose it too much. But no way that should have counted.

Another surprise so far - im actually not minding the officiating. Some missed calls on both sides, some chintzy calls on both sides, but nothing too egregious so far.

Anyway - put this one behind them and being back the team we saw in game 2 tomorrow.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805590 is a reply to message #805583 ]
Mon, 09 May 2022 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 09 May 2022 05:14

Pretty much how i saw it too. Happy that goaltending hasn’t been an issue in 4 games.

Hard to believe that this was the same team i watched in the 2nd period of game 2. They must have had 50 solid hits in that single period. Probably the best and most complete period I’ve seen this team play in 15 years. Did they even finish 5 checks in game 4? Where the hell was the forecheck?

Brutal call IMO to allow that 3rd goal, but thankfully it really had no bearing on the outcome so i didn’t lose it too much. But no way that should have counted.

Another surprise so far - im actually not minding the officiating. Some missed calls on both sides, some chintzy calls on both sides, but nothing too egregious so far.

Anyway - put this one behind them and being back the team we saw in game 2 tomorrow.

Sometimes a wake-up call is a really good thing. If we completely cake-walk through the first round the team might get just a little too high on themselves. Now, take the lump, learn from it, and come out flying in Game 5.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805591 is a reply to message #805590 ]
Mon, 09 May 2022 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 09 May 2022 18:54

Sometimes a wake-up call is a really good thing. If we completely cake-walk through the first round the team might get just a little too high on themselves. Now, take the lump, learn from it, and come out flying in Game 5.

Like the Avs! Of course, the Oilers are not the Avs.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805595 is a reply to message #805591 ]
Mon, 09 May 2022 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 09 May 2022 20:21

It is a dangerous time for Colorado - Nashville barely put up a fight, and now they'll have a long rest, while the team that they face next will be MUCH better than the one they just put down...

Of course, I still wouldn't mind just moving on quickly...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805596 is a reply to message #805595 ]
Mon, 09 May 2022 23:23 Go to previous message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 09 May 2022 22:42

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 09 May 2022 20:21

It is a dangerous time for Colorado - Nashville barely put up a fight, and now they'll have a long rest, while the team that they face next will be MUCH better than the one they just put down...

Of course, I still wouldn't mind just moving on quickly...

Been the Colorado story for a number of playoffs lately. Just annihilate a bad team in round 1, MacKinnon is the best player on earth, the ultimate gamer, we're all dumb for forgetting he's the best. Then stunned by some actual competition and out in round 2. Could it really happen again?

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805579 is a reply to message #805565 ]
Mon, 09 May 2022 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Oilers came into this game assuming they were the more talented team that'd automatically capitalize on scoring chances without any intent of battling in the trenches. The devil is in the details...and they didn't give two craps about that. Big wakeup call.

If they're lucky enough to get past LA, this is a game they can draw from in the next series.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805586 is a reply to message #805579 ]
Mon, 09 May 2022 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

As other said, easily one of the worst games the Oilers have played all season. Not 1 player other than Smith was going. Kings played about as well as they could have. I thought Quick was really good when needed. It didn't help that the Kings got a few lucky bounces on a few goals.

I thought this would be a really tough game. When you embarrass a team 2 times in a row, you have to know they will come out as hard as they can. I'm still pretty confident. When the Oilers play a decent game, the Kings can't compete. The Kings recipe for when they won is the Oilers played poorly, Quick was outstanding and they played their max game. That isn't a sustainable recipe in my opinion.

I really didn't like the message letting the 3rd goal count could send. The guy was skating hard battling with Nurse. In the battle, Nurse takes him down. So I get it to a degree where the league is coming from. But as soon as a player goes down around the goalie, they automatically don't try to avoid contact with the goalie. Why would they, it's a free pass. But I don't like letting a guy just bulldoze the goal in. You aren't giving the goalie the opportunity to make a save and why wouldn't other players try it.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 May 2022 08:20]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805588 is a reply to message #805586 ]
Mon, 09 May 2022 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

I didn't think Quick played all that great. He didn't have to. we shot at the middle of his chest every time, or 4 feet wide.
Both goals were Duncan Keith at fault. Blew his coverage of the second man going to the net on the first, then the second, yes he tipped it in, but if he didn't hit the puck, it was a slap pass going to his man alone on the other side of the net. 3rd goal, I disagree with based on calls during the season. The player moved the goalie out of the way and hit the puck in, but like you said, it was the 3rd goal when we were shut out.
Where was the fire? Where was the intensity? How were the shots 28-13 at that halfway point?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4) [message #805589 is a reply to message #805565 ]
Mon, 09 May 2022 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

Terrible game, but I just realized that the Oilers always seem to be terrible in game 4. Going back to the 2006 run, they've now lost seven straight game 4's (their last game 4 win was against San Jose in the 2006 2nd round series).

The good news: in that same span they're 5-1 in game 5's (the only loss being the game that shall not be named against Anaheim in 2017) and 5-0 in game 6's.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca