This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795654]
Thu, 09 December 2021 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Boston to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2021-22 Regular Season
Thursday, November 11, 2021Edmonton 5 @ Boston 3Win
Thursday, December 9, 2021Boston 3 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 1-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 2/5 Total: 7
Home / Road Goals Against: 3/3 Total: 6

2020-21 Regular Season
Home Record: 0-0-0       Road Record: 0-0-0       Overall Record: 0-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 0/0 Total: 0
Home / Road Goals Against: 0/0 Total: 0

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795655 is a reply to message #795654 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

It comes down to effort. They won't win until they start winning more puck battles. That's from McD down.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795656 is a reply to message #795655 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 09:01

It comes down to effort. They won't win until they start winning more puck battles. That's from McD down.

I'll say it because I think it needs to be said. The issues plaguing the Oilers are not related to McDavid or Draisaitl. I've heard rumblings of this from some of the media guys too - but come on. They're the top two scorers in the whole league and they tilt the ice for us. McDavid's had points in all but one or two games the entire season. It ain't him.

Time to point at the real villains - the coach and GM are right up there in case you were wondering.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795657 is a reply to message #795656 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 09:10

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 09:01

I'll say it because I think it needs to be said. The issues plaguing the Oilers are not related to McDavid or Draisaitl. I've heard rumblings of this from some of the media guys too - but come on. They're the top two scorers in the whole league and they tilt the ice for us. McDavid's had points in all but one or two games the entire season. It ain't him.

Time to point at the real villains - the coach and GM are right up there in case you were wondering.

OK. Whatever buddy. icon_rolleyes

Please point out to me in my last post where I said it's all McD's and Leon fault? I don't need to hear your BS excuses or whatever else you like to spit out to justify you putting words in my mouth like usual. If you are going to quote me and say I am placing blame on the woes of the Oilers at the feet of McD, then show me WHERE I said that in the 14 words I said?

I simply said the entire team needs to play better, that's the freaking truth. If the whole team including the stars plays to their capabilities and wins more puck battles then there is a much better chance they win. That's a true statement that applies to every freaking team. I never said the team is perfectly made up. I never said the coaches are perfect. All I said is the whole team needs to play better, to have a chance to win. That's a 100% true statement. When they played better warts and all earlier in the year, they won games. So it stands to reason that if the team plays better even with their faults, they have a better chance of winning.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2021 09:43]

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795663 is a reply to message #795654 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Just as Adam and RD must argue, the Oilers Must Win this one.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795665 is a reply to message #795663 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 10:16

I don't come here to argue with him, I honestly don't get off on it like in my opinion, he does. If someone doesn't want to agree with my opinions, go for it bit I just am not going to stand for someone lying about what I said.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795669 is a reply to message #795665 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Ceci is playing tonight so that's a positive.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795677 is a reply to message #795669 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 10:46

Do we even know what is wrong with Keith? Another old man injury that sidelines a guy for months without explaination?

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795678 is a reply to message #795677 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 12:00

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 10:46

Do we even know what is wrong with Keith? Another old man injury that sidelines a guy for months without explaination?

Hip replacement.

https://media.giphy.com/media/eATWCcfBZ31Sg/giphy.gif

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795679 is a reply to message #795665 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 10:27

I don't come here to argue with him, I honestly don't get off on it like in my opinion, he does. If someone doesn't want to agree with my opinions, go for it bit I just am not going to stand for someone lying about what I said.

Lying? I think you're confusing me with someone else.

I do enjoy our conversations though!

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795692 is a reply to message #795663 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

I miss the RDOf/Plus One (or was it Goose) grudge postings.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795698 is a reply to message #795692 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 17:26

My friend PlusOne and RD have had some good bouts in the past.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795700 is a reply to message #795692 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 17:26

I had my share of discussions where he got heated but I quit responding to him for the most part for a couple of reasons.

- a phrase about a battle of wits with an unarmed man comes to mind but I forget the rest....oh man, he drug me down with him.
- There were many times that me calling him out on, what I thought were terrible takes, got him riled up. Once he started sending me pscho PM's I decided it was better for his well being if I left him alone.
- There are a lot of very smart hockey people here that I have learned stuff from. My life is too bust to respond to every dumb post, it would take all day and I dont have time for dozens of posts every single day. I save my time to interact with those that bring value.

As usual this will get his (very manly) underoos in a bunch. (just joking RD, I know how serious you take underwear discussions)

As far as the game goes I dont think will be pretty. The gaping holes on this team were covered up by a PP that cant be sustainable. The cracks are showing and any team with this goaltending and a guy like Russell on D will never be a true contender.
Mike mentioned in the last games discussion that those of us that predicted this were called negative. Unfortunately us negative types have been right 95% of the time in the last 12 years or so.

I hate to say it but they are at a tipping point of wasting another McDavid/Drai prime year.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795676 is a reply to message #795654 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-McLeod-Kassian
Shore-Ryan-Sceviour

Nurse-Bouchard
Russell-Ceci
Niemelainen-Barrie

Skinner

If Ceci is back I think we’ll have to send someone to Bako, no? Buh-bye Willy?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795680 is a reply to message #795676 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 11:58

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-McLeod-Kassian
Shore-Ryan-Sceviour

Nurse-Bouchard
Russell-Ceci
Niemelainen-Barrie

Skinner

I'd probably send down Broberg. I think there is going to be a good player there but he's 20,barelyy played any North American hockey. Just needs more time in the AHL. Plus wouldn't require waivers.

On top of that, if Willy hit the waiver wire, it might collapse the NHL system with all the waiver claims.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795681 is a reply to message #795680 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 12:35

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-McLeod-Kassian
Shore-Ryan-Sceviour

Nurse-Bouchard
Russell-Ceci
Niemelainen-Barrie

Skinner

I'd probably send down Broberg. I think there is going to be a good player there but he's 20,barelyy played any North American hockey. Just needs more time in the AHL. Plus wouldn't require waivers.

On top of that, if Willy hit the waiver wire, it might collapse the NHL system with all the waiver claims.

Lagesson doesn't require waivers. You have to be in the NHL for 30 days to make waivers a necessity again. As mentioned before, I think Walsh wants the Oilers to waive him again anyhow.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795682 is a reply to message #795681 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 12:36

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-McLeod-Kassian
Shore-Ryan-Sceviour

Nurse-Bouchard
Russell-Ceci
Niemelainen-Barrie

Skinner

Lagesson doesn't require waivers. You have to be in the NHL for 30 days to make waivers a necessity again. As mentioned before, I think Walsh wants the Oilers to waive him again anyhow.

Maybe they should waive him. Then when he passes through again, Walsh can make up another excuse in a twitter blast about why he's being held back. Maybe the trainers didn't give him the right flavor of Gatorade. The travelling secretary had him sitting on the wrong side of the plane. His room wasn't set to the right temperature. Maybe the coaches didn't communicate to him he's supposed to defend as a dman. Always someone else's fault.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2021 12:49]

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795683 is a reply to message #795682 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 12:45

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-McLeod-Kassian
Shore-Ryan-Sceviour

Nurse-Bouchard
Russell-Ceci
Niemelainen-Barrie

Skinner

Maybe they should waive him. Then when he passes through again, Walsh can make up another excuse in a twitter blast about why he's being held back. Maybe the trainers didn't give him the right flavor of Gatorade. The travelling secretary had him sitting on the wrong side of the plane. His room wasn't set to the right temperature. Maybe the coaches didn't communicate to him he's supposed to defend as a dman. Always someone else's fault.

I do not understand why people get so mortally offended about this stuff. Tippett isn't your kid. It's okay if he gets criticism from an agent or a player.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795685 is a reply to message #795683 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 14:04

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 12:45

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-McLeod-Kassian
Shore-Ryan-Sceviour

Nurse-Bouchard
Russell-Ceci
Niemelainen-Barrie

Skinner

I do not understand why people get so mortally offended about this stuff. Tippett isn't your kid. It's okay if he gets criticism from an agent or a player.

I'm not morally offended what so ever. I am not a Tippet lover and think he can do no wrong. I don't know him personally or give a crap if it's him or someone else coaching. All I care about is the Oilers winning games. So if Tippett can do that, great. If it's someone else, great. Just win the damn games. But in staying that, I just don't get why it's always someone elses fault. He's played 2 years of college and going into his 6th year of pro hockey. The Oilers defense is not loaded with Norris candidates, future hall of famers or all stars. He made the team last year when there wasn't a hell of a lot of competition and then stunk. This year there was a spot for him especially since Russell was hurt so the only guy ahead of him was Koekkoek and again he stunk. He went to the AHL and by every report, he wasn't very good but he got the call because he had experience. For the majority of his games he's played year and this year, he hasn't been very good. Having the occasional decent game isn't enough to be considered an NHLer.

He's going to be 26 yrs old in a coupe of months. He's a grown ass man. The fact that Lagesson isn't a full time NHL player at 26 with that much time in the pros in North America on top of it, has nothing to do with the Head Coach letting the defensive assistant do his job to tell him he wasn't playing. He's not a full time NHLer because he's not good enough. At 26 yrs old with parts of 6 pro seasons under his belt, most of which is playing in North America, the fact he isn't a full time NHLer is 100% all on him.

If you want to die on the mountain telling me why Tippett not personally taking him aside and explaining to a going to be 26 yr old grown ass man why he's not in the line up and it ruined a player, then go ahead. But I am done wasting my time talking about why Lagesson who in my opinion will probably be in Sweden for the 22-23 season doesn't get special treatment.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2021 15:28]

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795723 is a reply to message #795685 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 15:25

I'm not morally offended what so ever. I am not a Tippet lover and think he can do no wrong. I don't know him personally or give a crap if it's him or someone else coaching. All I care about is the Oilers winning games. So if Tippett can do that, great. If it's someone else, great. Just win the damn games. But in staying that, I just don't get why it's always someone elses fault. He's played 2 years of college and going into his 6th year of pro hockey. The Oilers defense is not loaded with Norris candidates, future hall of famers or all stars. He made the team last year when there wasn't a hell of a lot of competition and then stunk. This year there was a spot for him especially since Russell was hurt so the only guy ahead of him was Koekkoek and again he stunk. He went to the AHL and by every report, he wasn't very good but he got the call because he had experience. For the majority of his games he's played year and this year, he hasn't been very good. Having the occasional decent game isn't enough to be considered an NHLer.

He's going to be 26 yrs old in a coupe of months. He's a grown ass man. The fact that Lagesson isn't a full time NHL player at 26 with that much time in the pros in North America on top of it, has nothing to do with the Head Coach letting the defensive assistant do his job to tell him he wasn't playing. He's not a full time NHLer because he's not good enough. At 26 yrs old with parts of 6 pro seasons under his belt, most of which is playing in North America, the fact he isn't a full time NHLer is 100% all on him.

If you want to die on the mountain telling me why Tippett not personally taking him aside and explaining to a going to be 26 yr old grown ass man why he's not in the line up and it ruined a player, then go ahead. But I am done wasting my time talking about why Lagesson who in my opinion will probably be in Sweden for the 22-23 season doesn't get special treatment.

Big deep sigh.

Absolutely zero people are saying that Lagesson is blameless and a superstar.

All anyone (mostly me) has said is that Allan Walsh has an objective with that statement. It isn't a temper tantrum, it isn't a hissy fit. It's a calculated move, designed to create a specific result - likely the eventual move of his client to another team.

Worth noting - while he was certainly aware of what Walsh said and fine with it being said, Lagesson himself actually said nothing so if you're focusing your ire at him, then your aim is off.

It does come off like people are upset when they blow a gasket calling the kid (who's still an Oiler player) everything up to a full-on waste of skin (not your words - but there's lots of people like you saying a lot of mean things about the kid online), simply because his agent dares to criticize a coach (especially a coach who really deserves a lot of criticism). I don't remember you talking at any length before this about how much you think Lagesson sucks and shouldn't even get opportunities - so it does look like a spiteful response and not an objective one.

iRe: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795686 is a reply to message #795654 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Only positive is that Russell is on his correct side.. for what its worth..
I feel a little better about Skinner not giving up an early soft goal than I do with Koski.. those soft goals are so demoralizing for a team.. sucks the life out.. especially when they are early.. making saves you should lets the team continue to follow the game plan and not abandoning it in fear of giving up a shot on your sieve of a goalie.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: iRe: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795687 is a reply to message #795686 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 15:28

I feel a little better about Skinner not giving up an early soft goal than I do with Koski.. those soft goals are so demoralizing for a team.. sucks the life out.. especially when they are early.. making saves you should lets the team continue to follow the game plan and not abandoning it in fear of giving up a shot on your sieve of a goalie.

Koskinen is one of the most baffling goalies to me. He can look SOOO good than a switch flips and he's brutal. There really doesn't seem to much of a middle ground.

Re: iRe: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795688 is a reply to message #795687 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 15:32

Koskinen is one of the most baffling goalies to me. He can look SOOO good than a switch flips and he's brutal. There really doesn't seem to much of a middle ground.

It’s not so baffling. He isn’t a starting calibre goaltender. Most NHL backups are capable of good play in short spurts. Honestly he could’ve been the ideal #2 behind Markstrom in a bizarro universe where Peter Chiarelli fired himself instead of tying up all our goaltending cap, causing us to lose out on Markstrom and be forced to sign Father Time.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: iRe: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795690 is a reply to message #795688 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

6 -1 Bruins. This team and lost all its spunk and mocky...Tipp starting games with 3rd line and McD not seeing the ice till 4 minutes in last game tells me all I need to know.

Re: iRe: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795691 is a reply to message #795690 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 15:47

6 -1 Bruins. This team and lost all its spunk and mocky...Tipp starting games with 3rd line and McD not seeing the ice till 4 minutes in last game tells me all I need to know.

I was at a game, might’ve been pre-pandemic, where khaira-Sheahan and somebody started. Got scored on right away. Why would you ever not start with your stars? Especially when there’s such a drop off in skill.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: iRe: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795693 is a reply to message #795690 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 15:47

That's weird, I have to admit. If your 3rd line is going to set a tone, sure, but this one isnt.

Re: iRe: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795746 is a reply to message #795688 ]
Fri, 10 December 2021 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 14:43

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 15:32

It’s not so baffling. He isn’t a starting calibre goaltender. Most NHL backups are capable of good play in short spurts. Honestly he could’ve been the ideal #2 behind Markstrom in a bizarro universe where Peter Chiarelli fired himself instead of tying up all our goaltending cap, causing us to lose out on Markstrom and be forced to sign Father Time.

I think this is one of the most common misconceptions in sports, the idea that bad players in pro sports are just bad, and average guys are average all the time.

The gap between the best players in the NHL (or any league) and the worst regular players is orders of magnitude smaller than the gap between the worst player in the NHL and like a good junior player that never gets drafted.

Any decent backup in the league can give you a string of good to great games. They just can't maintain it for 40-50 games, which is why they're not a starter. Those good games are then balanced out by a string of bad to terrible games. Look at any goalie with a .910 save percentage, their game log is going to have a huge spread in terms of performance. It's not like all of their games are just in the .900 to .920 range.

It's also why a journeyman defenceman like Marek Malik, who never scored more than 7 goals in a season, can score a shootout goal like this on an NHL goalie:

I think I first started to realize this was the case when I found out that a large portion of players in the CFL were All-Americans in the NCAA. Being a really good college player does not remotely mean you're good enough to play in the NFL.

I went to watch a Vancouver Grizzlies game back in the day. Keep in mind the Grizzlies were one of the worst franchises in the history of the NBA, so I was not expecting much. But I remember watching them do their shootaround before the start of the game and they didn't miss. Like at all. And they were just messing around, chatting, whatever. But everything went in. And I realized at that point that my idea that they were terrible basketball players was skewed by watching them play against the best players in the world on a nightly basis. The Grizzlies players were elite athletes (even Big Country icon_wink), it was my perception that was off.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 December 2021 11:05]

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: iRe: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795696 is a reply to message #795686 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

On merit, Broberg should absolutely be playing ahead of Russell.

Re: iRe: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795697 is a reply to message #795696 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

welcometotheOC wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 18:59

On merit, Broberg should absolutely be playing ahead of Russell.

But alas, he’s back to Bako.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795695 is a reply to message #795654 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Boston not in a playoff spot? I thought they invested in the ultimate winner in the offseason?

11 points in 22 games for $6 million. What an investment!!!!!!

Loser.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795699 is a reply to message #795654 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

I feel this place has been a bit lacking lately. Just like the oilers effort levels. So how about this! If the Oilers win this one tonight, regardless of regulation, OT or shootout, I vow to bring back Oilfans Survivor.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795701 is a reply to message #795699 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 19:35

I feel this place has been a bit lacking lately. Just like the oilers effort levels. So how about this! If the Oilers win this one tonight, regardless of regulation, OT or shootout, I vow to bring back Oilfans Survivor.

That's better than the old "Whopper of a win" night the Pats used to have around these parts. Mostly because Survivor doesnt turn my guts into a blender for 24 hours like BK does.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795708 is a reply to message #795701 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 19:47

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 19:35

That's better than the old "Whopper of a win" night the Pats used to have around these parts. Mostly because Survivor doesnt turn my guts into a blender for 24 hours like BK does.

Or the $3 game day Big Mac around here. However, not as great as a free whopper haha.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795745 is a reply to message #795699 ]
Fri, 10 December 2021 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 18:35

Well that sucks.

Good news though, I'm going to run a special holiday edition Survivor because I'll have some free time over Christmas. Get ready for NHL / WJC Survivor! Starts Tuesday

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25) [message #795747 is a reply to message #795745 ]
Fri, 10 December 2021 11:23 Go to previous message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 10 December 2021 11:16

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 18:35

Well that sucks.

Good news though, I'm going to run a special holiday edition Survivor because I'll have some free time over Christmas. Get ready for NHL / WJC Survivor! Starts Tuesday

WAHOO!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Previous Topic:Review: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25)
Next Topic:GDT: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #25)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca