This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » 2021 Training Camp threadPages (7): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792659 is a reply to message #792656 ]
Thu, 07 October 2021 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 07 October 2021 21:50

Feel bad for him. That's just brutal, wrecking your season basically in pre-season.

And damn this org for holding out some dream that Kassian had to be held onto because he might do something in the playoffs again like 2017. We have paid a lot for keeping him around based on a handful of games. Now we probably just have to run his deal out. He really should not fight ever again if he values his health after hockey.

Why is any established player fighting in pre-season? It's just not a good idea. Needlessly puts you at risk.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792660 is a reply to message #792659 ]
Thu, 07 October 2021 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

And when doesn’t his lid immediately come off in a fight?

I’m expecting to hear a rodeo horn in the background anytime it stays on longer than 8 seconds.

If you’re willing to break your hand on other players helmets, let them break their hands on your helmet as well.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 October 2021 22:10]

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792668 is a reply to message #792659 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 07 October 2021 21:59

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 07 October 2021 21:50

Feel bad for him. That's just brutal, wrecking your season basically in pre-season.

And damn this org for holding out some dream that Kassian had to be held onto because he might do something in the playoffs again like 2017. We have paid a lot for keeping him around based on a handful of games. Now we probably just have to run his deal out. He really should not fight ever again if he values his health after hockey.

Why is any established player fighting in pre-season? It's just not a good idea. Needlessly puts you at risk.

Because if Kassian doesn't, then a whole segment of fans including many in here will pile on him for not showing that he is engaged enough. Doesn't make it right but that's the truth.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792669 is a reply to message #792668 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perkele  is currently offline Perkele

No Cups

Where have you seen anyone on here saying the only way Kassian can be engaged in a game is to fight. I honestly can't think of anyone who has said that. I remember lots of times when posters have said that they wish Oilers players would not fight with AHL tough guys that were brought up specifically for that reason and have pointed out that it is a stupid idea for a player to take a 5 min penalty just because some plug who is only going to play 3 minutes in the game anyhow asks you to. In my memory Lucic was very bad for this, although maybe having Lucic sit in the box for 5 minutes was the best way he could have helped when he was an Oiler.

#teamBath(i)robe

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792671 is a reply to message #792669 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike is currently online Mike

1 Cup

Perkele wrote on Fri, 08 October 2021 11:39

Where have you seen anyone on here saying the only way Kassian can be engaged in a game is to fight. I honestly can't think of anyone who has said that. I remember lots of times when posters have said that they wish Oilers players would not fight with AHL tough guys that were brought up specifically for that reason and have pointed out that it is a stupid idea for a player to take a 5 min penalty just because some plug who is only going to play 3 minutes in the game anyhow asks you to. In my memory Lucic was very bad for this, although maybe having Lucic sit in the box for 5 minutes was the best way he could have helped when he was an Oiler.

Yeah, same. Don't recall a single person ever pining for that.

Definitely want those guys to finish their checks with enthusiasm and get in opponent's faces, or even dropping the gloves as payback for something done to one of our players? Sure. But dropping the gloves against some nobody for nothing? Can't recall anyone wanting that

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792672 is a reply to message #792671 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Fri, 08 October 2021 09:06

Definitely want those guys to finish their checks with enthusiasm and get in opponent's faces, or even dropping the gloves as payback for something done to one of our players? Sure. But dropping the gloves against some nobody for nothing? Can't recall anyone wanting that

Listening to the radio guys, they mentioned the same thing. Heard it over and over and over again on call in shows after games about fans complaining about Kassian not hitting, Kassian not getting in people's faces, Kassian not fighting. Believe what you want but I am of the opinion rightly or wrongly, it's a thing because I have heard and seen it way too many times on all kinds of forums for it not to be.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792673 is a reply to message #792672 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Listening to the radio guys is your first mistake. That is for entertainment purposes only.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792674 is a reply to message #792673 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 08 October 2021 09:43

Listening to the radio guys is your first mistake. That is for entertainment purposes only.

I completely understand that and take what they say with a grain of salt. They provide some information that at times is interesting/useful. They provide a different perspective but I make my own conclusions about things with the information I have. I know in this site if you don't go along with the opinions of the boys club that's in here, you are frowned upon but my opinions are my own.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792676 is a reply to message #792674 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 08 October 2021 09:57

I completely understand that and take what they say with a grain of salt. They provide some information that at times is interesting/useful. They provide a different perspective but I make my own conclusions about things with the information I have. I know in this site if you don't go along with the opinions of the boys club that's in here, you are frowned upon but my opinions are my own.

And props to you for sticking to them!

And for admitting your mistake when it came to Puljujärvi.

Kassian, since signing his big contract has barely produced, or even played. He immediately got himself suspended then hurt, wasn’t noticeable when he was in the lineup and now is hurt again. The good news is we might get some LTIR space from last night. Anyways, nobody could have known the contract extension was a bad idea.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792677 is a reply to message #792676 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 08 October 2021 11:25

Kassian, since signing his big contract has barely produced, or even played. He immediately got himself suspended then hurt, wasn’t noticeable when he was in the lineup and now is hurt again. The good news is we might get some LTIR space from last night. Anyways, nobody could have known the contract extension was a bad idea.

I don't pretend to be an expert on everything and think I know it all like some. I am a results person. If a player shows me that my opinion of them is wrong, I am more than willing and secure enough to admit I was wrong.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792678 is a reply to message #792676 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

I think most just want to see him engaged and trying hard at playing actual hockey. With that obviously comes some hits and getting in some faces, but first off he really needs to do some useful stuff with the actual hockey puck.

The sad part is, I think that taking totally pointless fights like this may seem like a way for guys that aren't accomplishing much to get a pass from coaches/teammates. Of course Kassian or anyone else doesn't want to see that kind of result, but if it was just another routine fight after another night of Kassian coasting around he probably goes home feeling like it was mission accomplished, his value to the team is reconfirmed for another month or so.

I think there are far better ways for him to contribute though, if he could get his head in the game again like he does when a contract negotiation is near.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 October 2021 12:02]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792681 is a reply to message #792678 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 08 October 2021 11:29

I think most just want to see him engaged and trying hard at playing actual hockey. With that obviously comes some hits and getting in some faces, but first off he really needs to do some useful stuff with the actual hockey puck.

The sad part is, I think that taking totally pointless fights like this may seem like a way for guys that aren't accomplishing much to get a pass from coaches/teammates. Of course Kassian or anyone else doesn't want to see that kind of result, but if it was just another routine fight after another night of Kassian coasting around he probably goes home feeling like it was mission accomplished, his value to the team is reconfirmed for another month or so.

I think there are far better ways for him to contribute though, if he could get his head in the game again like he does when a contract negotiation is near.

I agree with you. I didn't see the point in fighting last night, he's on the team. Him fighting wouldn't impact him making the team, didn't have too much of an impact in the game itself but I know exactly why it happened. He didn't have a good year last year, while fighting is becoming less and less a thing, it's still part of the game some and there are guys on every team who think they need to do that as part of their job or they see it as something that helps get them going. There may even be teammates who think he needs to do that. Doesn't mean I agree with it but in my opinion, what I said is true.

So guys like Adam can complain about it, call it a caveman attitude but it's a fact of life in hockey. GO watch any junior game and while you won't see as many fights as 10 yr ago, they still happen. It doesn't mean squat that some fans think it's pointless to fight, for whatever reason, there are still players who think they matter.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792683 is a reply to message #792681 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 08 October 2021 12:27

So guys like Adam can complain about it, call it a caveman attitude but it's a fact of life in hockey. GO watch any junior game and while you won't see as many fights as 10 yr ago, they still happen. It doesn't mean squat that some fans think it's pointless to fight, for whatever reason, there are still players who think they matter.

There are times I think fights in hockey CAN make sense. But not fighting by appointment off a faceoff for no good reason. Everything you do in the game should be to give yourself and your team an edge. Fighting some dumb kid just because he asked nicely? Where's the strategy to that.

As for junior hockey players and fighting - let's just say I don't think the actions of teenage males is a great point in favour of anything. That's not a very convincing argument.

On a side note, I thought optimists were supposed to be happier???

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792688 is a reply to message #792683 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 08 October 2021 13:52

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 08 October 2021 12:27

There are times I think fights in hockey CAN make sense. But not fighting by appointment off a faceoff for no good reason. Everything you do in the game should be to give yourself and your team an edge. Fighting some dumb kid just because he asked nicely? Where's the strategy to that.

As for junior hockey players and fighting - let's just say I don't think the actions of teenage males is a great point in favour of anything. That's not a very convincing argument.

On a side note, I thought optimists were supposed to be happier???

I don't think I said one damn bit that stage fighting has a point. If I did, please point that out to me.

I am quite happy that the days of the guy could barely move, only plays 3 mins a night and is just there to fight someone are gone. I don't think there is a place in the game for them. But what I said was fighting even though it is way, way less is still part of the game and it's going to be there.

No where in my comment did I say I was advocating for fighting. No where did I say it's a critical part of hockey that needs to stay. I said, like it or not, it is still part of hockey. Bringing up junior hockey has nothing to do about "making a great point in favor of anything", it is simply pointing out that even in the age where fighting is way, way, way down compared to even 10 yrs ago, these kids are still throwing hands in hockey even though they all grew up not seeing much of it.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792679 is a reply to message #792672 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 08 October 2021 09:41

Mike wrote on Fri, 08 October 2021 09:06

Listening to the radio guys, they mentioned the same thing. Heard it over and over and over again on call in shows after games about fans complaining about Kassian not hitting, Kassian not getting in people's faces, Kassian not fighting. Believe what you want but I am of the opinion rightly or wrongly, it's a thing because I have heard and seen it way too many times on all kinds of forums for it not to be.

Bob Stauffer says that because Bob Stauffer just wants people to fight more. Bob Stauffer saying he needs to fight is a lot different than fans all needing him to fight.

Kassian definitely believed that that's what Tippett meant when he said he needs to be more engaged, given the first thing he did was to get in a fight, but squaring off with some big thug for no reason does exactly nothing for the team, win or lose. Only cavemen like Stauffer believe that it has value.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792661 is a reply to message #792053 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

I’ve always felt bad for Kassian, basically told he’s not doing enough. When he does he’s always called on a penalty and we’ve seen him get benched. Last year he wasn’t doing enough and he broke his hand. It goes with the territory but man he’s got an ungrateful position with this team especially after that contract.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792662 is a reply to message #792661 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Fri, 08 October 2021 01:47

I’ve always felt bad for Kassian, basically told he’s not doing enough. When he does he’s always called on a penalty and we’ve seen him get benched. Last year he wasn’t doing enough and he broke his hand. It goes with the territory but man he’s got an ungrateful position with this team especially after that contract.

Agree.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792664 is a reply to message #792661 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

WhoreableGuy wrote on Fri, 08 October 2021 02:47

This seems to suggest that there’s nothing he can add besides fighting and taking penalties. I think someone with his size and speed can be a very effective pest. He’s good enough to keep up with the other team’s stars and bodychecking Petterson sends a way bigger message than fighting a bubble guy.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792665 is a reply to message #792661 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Fri, 08 October 2021 02:47

Regarding last year, he obviously wasn’t viewing the coaches message like any of us were though. I don’t think Tippet meant he needed to get into meaningless fights and pound on helmets. Especially the first shift that very night. He meant being a nuisance. Getting in their heads. The game inside the game. Zach doesn’t seem to decode the message too well at times.

I wasn’t totally bothered by the contract at the time. I thought Zach was finding a new level in his game. I was wrong.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792710 is a reply to message #792053 ]
Sat, 09 October 2021 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Oilers left the big boys at home, put Disco Stu in net, and they're are still punking the 'Nucks.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792711 is a reply to message #792710 ]
Sat, 09 October 2021 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sat, 09 October 2021 20:15

Oilers left the big boys at home, put Disco Stu in net, and they're are still punking the 'Nucks.

Seems like turris did indeed come to play this year. Nice to see, hope he keeps it up. May see him on 2nd line RW now and then.

To Matty's dismay, Perlini scores again.

Yamo SHG! Very happy with Ryan so far.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792712 is a reply to message #792711 ]
Sat, 09 October 2021 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 09 October 2021 20:41

Seems like turris did indeed come to play this year. Nice to see, hope he keeps it up. May see him on 2nd line RW now and then.

Does he round out the 4th line? Perlini-Shore-Turris? Though, I guess someone needs to be at 3rw now that Kass is in concussion protocol after the poor decision and outcome.

Can’t wait to see what the Duncan in the navy blue homes. And the evolution of Puljujarvi. Maximum pant removal incoming.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792715 is a reply to message #792712 ]
Sat, 09 October 2021 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 09 October 2021 20:45

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 09 October 2021 20:41

Does he round out the 4th line? Perlini-Shore-Turris? Though, I guess someone needs to be at 3rw now that Kass is in concussion protocol after the poor decision and outcome.

Can’t wait to see what the Duncan in the navy blue homes. And the evolution of Puljujarvi. Maximum pant removal incoming.

Saw replay of Bouch's goal. I think Bouch-bomb goals will be my pants off event this season!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792716 is a reply to message #792053 ]
Sat, 09 October 2021 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Good game by the Oil, score was closer than the game was.
Benson sealed his fate with that pepperoni pizza he served up for the Canucks 1st goal..

Loving me the Perlini, Yamo was good, Nuge on his own line rediscovering his mojo.. did some great work out there.. Yamo impressed.. Keith and Ceci lot more solid, the whole whole team looked good (- Benson), all through the lineup there was puck pursuit and take aways.. and how about that shot by Bouchard! Booch-bomb! 💥💣💥

Not missing the likes of Kahun, Ennis, Haas, P. Russell, Neal, Khaira, Chaisson, Nygaard..

Both Koski and Skinner looked steady.. looks like Skinner has picked up some stick handling skill from Smith.. could be the future.. icon_nod

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792718 is a reply to message #792716 ]
Sat, 09 October 2021 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Koskinen with another good outing.

Skinner looked good.

Nice to see Yamo get a goal, he needed it. Here's hoping that gets him going.

So far Ryan looks to be a solid pick up, rought night on faceoffs though.

Perlini, all he does is find ways to score goals playing on the 4th line. Got in hard on the forecheck and was part of the cause of the ultimate turnonver that resulted in his goal.

I thought Keith and Ceci as a pair looked solid again.

Benson. Another game played. Another game where he played not a lot and if I am the coaches, I wouldn't play him much either. Another game were he didn't do much except turn the puck over that resulted in a goal.

I know his waiver status is sort of a concern but I don't know how any sane person has him on the team over anyone. He's just not good enough.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 October 2021 09:27]

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792719 is a reply to message #792053 ]
Sat, 09 October 2021 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Forgot to add.. Canucks fans booed Keith all night (another reason to like Keith!).. they still hate him from the playoffs years ago.. plus this elbow on a Sedin..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792720 is a reply to message #792053 ]
Sat, 09 October 2021 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Didn’t realize the Canuck fans hated Keith so much. That’s at least a 1M value in my books.

Also didn’t realize RDOF had a hate on for Adam? That’s awkward.

Bouchard was not good tonight despite his goal. Took 3 not-so great penalties and had some real breakdowns in his own end, on his side of the ice. Benson stopped being noticeable after Myers easily separated him from the puck in the first period. Too bad as he was looking confident up until that point. Turris looked good, but I don’t want him on the PP or at center.

All being said, our bottom 6 held off the Canucks opening night roster. Yamamoto looked good. Happy to see him pot a goal. Perlini snipes again. Koskinen looked solid, even if it was only for a period.

Bring on the regular season. I’m feeling unwavering optimism.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792724 is a reply to message #792720 ]
Sun, 10 October 2021 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 09 October 2021 23:53

Bring on the regular season. I’m feeling unwavering optimism.

I am never more optimistic, every year, than this day.
Preseason is over, no major injury losses.

For roughly a month I can forget about bad contracts or trades. Everyone gets a clean(ish) slate. I can even deal with a bad game or two and write them off as early season issues that will work out.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792725 is a reply to message #792724 ]
Sun, 10 October 2021 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Turris on waivers:

https://www.tsn.ca/vancouver-canucks-travis-hamonic-edmonton -oilers-kyle-turris-waivers-1.1704673

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792727 is a reply to message #792725 ]
Sun, 10 October 2021 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sun, 10 October 2021 12:50

Turris on waivers:

https://www.tsn.ca/vancouver-canucks-travis-hamonic-edmonton -oilers-kyle-turris-waivers-1.1704673

Gotta empty our roster a bit to try to get under CAP for maximizing LTIR? Hope we can do it this year.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792728 is a reply to message #792725 ]
Sun, 10 October 2021 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sun, 10 October 2021 11:50

Turris on waivers:

Didn't see that coming. The way Benson has played I wasn't worried about losing him, thought he'd be the one.. anybody else?

Update: Laggesson as well.. chance they both get picked up.. but other clubs are also struggling to keep guys of value on their roster, we'll see..

[Updated on: Sun, 10 October 2021 14:17]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792730 is a reply to message #792728 ]
Sun, 10 October 2021 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 10 October 2021 14:09

Turris on waivers:

Didn't see that coming. The way Benson has played I wasn't worried about losing him, thought he'd be the one.. anybody else?

Update: Laggesson as well.. chance they both get picked up.. but other clubs are also struggling to keep guys of value on their roster, we'll see..

I'd prefer if someone took Turris and his $700,000 overpay. I keep hearing people love Laggesson but I've never seen him actually do anything.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792732 is a reply to message #792730 ]
Sun, 10 October 2021 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sun, 10 October 2021 14:32

Turris on waivers:

I'd prefer if someone took Turris and his $700,000 overpay. I keep hearing people love Laggesson but I've never seen him actually do anything.

THink he's down just for the max cap saving. Would be surprised if anyone takes him. Lagesson on waivers, Skinner down, Turris down and then Bouch temporarily demoted. I think that is enough to get under the cap so we get full value for Klef's LTIR.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 October 2021 14:54]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792733 is a reply to message #792732 ]
Sun, 10 October 2021 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 10 October 2021 13:53

NetBOG wrote on Sun, 10 October 2021 14:32

Turris on waivers:

THink he's down just for the max cap saving. Lagesson on waivers, Skinner down, Turris down and then Bouch temporarily demoted. I think that is enough to get under the cap so we get full value for Klef's LTIR.

Well the guy I hope clears is Turris, he's been effective and fills a roster spot comfortably.. Benson ? Don't think you can even play Benson with any conviction right now.. his speed is still noticeably a couple steps short for the NHL.. I've been pulling for the guy since draft day, velocity is everything.

Other waiver wire guys of note: Logan Brown on St. Louis, 6'-6" center, drafted 11th overall by Sens.. only 23

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792731 is a reply to message #792053 ]
Sun, 10 October 2021 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oilers win pre-season Presidents trophy, pre-season Richard trophy, and pre-season Art Ross trophy. Which route are they going to use for the parade?

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792750 is a reply to message #792731 ]
Tue, 12 October 2021 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sun, 10 October 2021 14:40

Oilers win pre-season Presidents trophy, pre-season Richard trophy, and pre-season Art Ross trophy. Which route are they going to use for the parade?

Eastbound from Rogers on 104th to 95th Street, then north across the tracks to 106th then west back to the arena?

After so many years of watching the Oil win the preseason and then be golfing by Halloween, I hesitate to hope. But I will agree with Slim Jim Phantom Power's assessment that something DOES feel different this year.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792734 is a reply to message #792053 ]
Sun, 10 October 2021 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Here's the full list of players placed on waivers Sunday:

Anaheim Ducks: Jacob Larsson, Sam Carrick
Buffalo Sabres: Axel Jonsson-Fjallby
Carolina Hurricanes: Eric Gelinas, Max Lajoie, Josh Leivo, Stefan Noesen, C.J. Smith
Columbus Blue Jackets: Gabriel Carlsson, Mikko Lehtonen, Kevin Stenlund
Chicago Blackhawks: Colin Delia, Malcolm Subban
Colorado Avalanche: Jacob MacDonald
Dallas Stars: Alexander Petrovic
Detroit Red Wings: Riley Barber, Taro Hirose
Edmonton Oilers: William Lagesson, Kyle Turris
Florida Panthers: Lucas Carlsson, Christopher Gibson
Los Angeles Kings: Austin Strand, Austin Wagner
New Jersey Devils: Frederik Gauthier
Nashville Predators: Connor Ingram, Michael McCarron
Ottawa Senators: Andrew Agozzino
Philadelphia Flyers: Nick Seeler
Tampa Bay Lightning: Alex Barre-Boulet, Fredrik Claesson, Andrej Sustr
Toronto Maple Leafs: Adam Brooks
Vancouver Canucks: Justin Bailey, Madison Bowey, Phillip Di Giuseppe, Travis Hamonic
Vegas Golden Knights: Sven Baertschi, Patrick Brown, Gage Quinney
Washington Capitals: Zach Fucale, Garrett Pilon
Winnipeg Jets: Nelson Nogier, Dominic Toninato

From Sportsnet

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792743 is a reply to message #792734 ]
Mon, 11 October 2021 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Some roster moves by the Oilers, including Broberg being recalled from Bakersfield.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-make-assignme nts-ahead-of-season-opener/c-326744880

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792744 is a reply to message #792053 ]
Mon, 11 October 2021 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Tony Brar @TonyBrarOTV
Oilers lines at Practice Monday:

Draisaitl - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Hyman - McLeod* - Yamamoto
Foegele - Ryan - Sceviour
Perlini - Shore - Turris
Benson

Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Bouchard
Russell

Smith
Koskinen

*RNH not skating with a non-COVID related illness

Looks like Tip still believes in the loaded top line.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792746 is a reply to message #792744 ]
Mon, 11 October 2021 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 11 October 2021 21:21

Tony Brar @TonyBrarOTV
Oilers lines at Practice Monday:

Draisaitl - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Hyman - McLeod* - Yamamoto
Foegele - Ryan - Sceviour
Perlini - Shore - Turris
Benson

Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Bouchard
Russell

Smith
Koskinen

*RNH not skating with a non-COVID related illness

Looks like Tip still believes in the loaded top line.

Switch Hyman & Drai then once Nuge gets back that's a pretty solid looking forward group.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792752 is a reply to message #792746 ]
Tue, 12 October 2021 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I listened to Stauffer interview Babcock last week and he talked about how in Detroit, they used to load up Datsyuk and Zetterberg when they played at home due to match ups to overwhelm the other teams. Personally, I am not a fan of having McD and Leon together. I know it's a match up nightmare for teams, I love how amazing they are together but I just think the team is more balanced with them apart.

Pages (7): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  >  »]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #1)
Next Topic:Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #1)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca