This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » 2021 Training Camp threadPages (7): [1  2  3  4  5  6  7  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792053]
Wed, 22 September 2021 10:16 Go to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

Thought I would start a place where discussion of all things pre-season can happen.

Training camp roster has been released. 61 players will be in camp:

7 goalies: Koskinen, Stalock, Konovalov, Rodrigue, Smith, Kruger, Skinner

18 defensemen: Keith, Ceci, Russell, Koekkoek, Barrie, Nurse, Samorukov, Desharnais, Bouchard, Kemp, Kubicek, Niemelainen, Berglund, Lagesson, Kesselring, Broberg, Wanner, Kaldis

36 forwards: Turris, Ryan, Puljujarvi, Shore, Archibald, Benson, Hyman, Griffith, Malone, Cracknell, Draisatil, Holloway, Foegele, Gennaro, Perlini, Petrov, Kassian, Kambeitz, Rybinski, Englot, Soderlund, Brosseau, Bourgault, Esposito, Yamamoto, Hamblin, Safin, Chiasson (Jake not Alex), Lavoie, Marody, Tullio, Sceviour, McLeod, Maskimov, Nugent-Hopkins, McDavid

Some of these are injured (Holloway, Samorukov, Maskimov). Apparently Stalock has some medical condition that may cause him to miss much of the season. This could affect the goalie situation down in Bakersfield as well as the Oilers' fall back goalie plan.

Let the countdown to the starting roster begin.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792064 is a reply to message #792053 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Per Holland: Stalock out for the year with heart condition after getting COVID before last season started. Never felt right all last year. Reason he was just on the taxi squad all season.

One potential savior from the Smith/Kostko gang down

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792075 is a reply to message #792064 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 22 September 2021 10:11

Per Holland: Stalock out for the year with heart condition after getting COVID before last season started. Never felt right all last year. Reason he was just on the taxi squad all season.

One potential savior from the Smith/Kostko gang down

Holy crap, poor guy that could be career ending.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792077 is a reply to message #792075 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

And Archie's an anti-vaxxer. Likely to miss at least 30 games.

Great job Josh. Just what the team needed, and anti-vaxx distraction.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792078 is a reply to message #792077 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

HamBlaster wrote on Wed, 22 September 2021 12:44

I think you give him an ultimatum that he'll be the extra forward on the bus all year in bakersfield (or below) if he doesn't get the shot. You have to wonder about the value a depth player who acts this way brings to the team, missing so many games, possibly spreading misninformation at the same time. trade or put him on waivers to cancel his contract.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792082 is a reply to message #792078 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 22 September 2021 12:53

I think you give him an ultimatum that he'll be the extra forward on the bus all year in bakersfield (or below) if he doesn't get the shot. You have to wonder about the value a depth player who acts this way brings to the team, missing so many games, possibly spreading misninformation at the same time. trade or put him on waivers to cancel his contract.

No hard feelings for the players choice, but this is a business.

Possibly miss 30 games? This player likely isn't a top 6 performing player. The only good option Holland has is the AHL.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792083 is a reply to message #792082 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

g2k wrote on Wed, 22 September 2021 13:00

Possibly miss 30 games? This player likely isn't a top 6 performing player. The only good option Holland has is the AHL.

Even then, what does it say about your concern for your AHL roster if you put that guy there?

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792099 is a reply to message #792083 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 22 September 2021 13:03

Even then, what does it say about your concern for your AHL roster if you put that guy there?

I can't believe I overlooked that aspect. This isn't a great situation at all and I feel the player will only end up hurting himself here.

The organization won't hurt itself to respect the players beliefs and if they were that stupid, they would certainly hear about it.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792102 is a reply to message #792099 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 22 September 2021 15:21

I can't believe I overlooked that aspect. This isn't a great situation at all and I feel the player will only end up hurting himself here.

The organization won't hurt itself to respect the players beliefs and if they were that stupid, they would certainly hear about it.

I wonder what the rules are with respect to the NHLPA on this? Sounds like Bertuzzi is treated as suspended whenever the Red Wings are in Canada so he forfeits his salary, but I would think for someone like Rinaldo, assuming his deal is a one-way deal he gets his full ticket playing in the AHL. I doubt the PA will agree to let someone be terminated over it. Would be a bit dicey - although I do think there's an argument that you're protecting the majority that way, and do you really go out on a limb to save 2-3 guys who are so stubbornly anti-vaxx that they are going to let themselves be fired over it?

I thought it was a good question from the media this morning that every staff member working for the Oilers or in the arena needs to prove they're vaxxed, as does every attendee - except Josh Archibald does not!? How is that remotely fair to anyone?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792107 is a reply to message #792102 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 22 September 2021 15:30

I wonder what the rules are with respect to the NHLPA on this? Sounds like Bertuzzi is treated as suspended whenever the Red Wings are in Canada so he forfeits his salary, but I would think for someone like Rinaldo, assuming his deal is a one-way deal he gets his full ticket playing in the AHL. I doubt the PA will agree to let someone be terminated over it. Would be a bit dicey - although I do think there's an argument that you're protecting the majority that way, and do you really go out on a limb to save 2-3 guys who are so stubbornly anti-vaxx that they are going to let themselves be fired over it?

I thought it was a good question from the media this morning that every staff member working for the Oilers or in the arena needs to prove they're vaxxed, as does every attendee - except Josh Archibald does not!? How is that remotely fair to anyone?

This is so unfortunate. I don't know what the circumstances are of Archy not being vaccinated, but clearly it puts the team in a bad spot at different points and quite frankly it's not a good career decision for a bottom 6 forward. Wonder what happens next with Archibals here.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792110 is a reply to message #792107 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 22 September 2021 17:01

Adam wrote on Wed, 22 September 2021 15:30

This is so unfortunate. I don't know what the circumstances are of Archy not being vaccinated, but clearly it puts the team in a bad spot at different points and quite frankly it's not a good career decision for a bottom 6 forward. Wonder what happens next with Archibals here.

He has a Twitter handle that he rarely posts to, but literally half of his posts from the last 12-18 months are Covid conspiracy posts including sharing a clip from OAN. So I have some guesses as to why he isn’t vaccinated.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792112 is a reply to message #792083 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I thought it was already established that we have well defined tiers of people this org cares about to differing degrees.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792115 is a reply to message #792112 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

I don't see any other alternative than demoting him. Not out of spite or to teach him a lesson or anything (though I'm a big baby and I would do it out of spite) You can't have him taking up a roster spot knowing he will be missing almost half of the team's games.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792131 is a reply to message #792053 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Jason Gregor @JasonGregor
Morning session:
Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Perlini-Shore-Turris
Esposito-Malone-Sceviour
Brosseau-Gennaro-Lavoie
Rybinski/Petrovic-Tullio-Bourgault

Koekkoek-Bouchard
Lagesson-Ceci
Kemp, Kubicek,Kaldis rotating.

Smith, Skinner,Kruger #Oilers

Kinda nice seeing McDavid having a top line with 2 guys that could actually contribute something on their own without needing Nuge or Drai. Jury out on Pulju, but if he worked on his finishing at all this summer, he could take a big step.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792151 is a reply to message #792131 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 23 September 2021 10:44

Morning session:
Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Perlini-Shore-Turris
Esposito-Malone-Sceviour
Brosseau-Gennaro-Lavoie

Koekkoek-Bouchard
Lagesson-Ceci

Kinda nice seeing McDavid having a top line with 2 guys that could actually contribute something on their own without needing Nuge or Drai. Jury out on Pulju, but if he worked on his finishing at all this summer, he could take a big step.

I am seeing tweets from Gregor and Rishaugh that Archibald is not listed to skate with the team. Looks as though the team is making their stance. You won't play with the team if you aren't vaccinated. The ball is in his court now.

My team doesn't do everything right, lord knows they screw up at times but it appears so far, they are doing the right thing when it comes to unvaccinated Archibald. The health, safety and lives of human beings is more important than hockey.

Plus optics. If you expect all fans to be vaccinated when you come into the building. If you expect the employees of OEG to be vaccinated, if you expect people who use the community arena to be vaccinated, it looks pretty crappy if you let and unvaccinated player get on the ice. I really hope they do not cave in on this and hold firm with Archibald. get vaccinated or you aren't part of this team anymore.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792156 is a reply to message #792151 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 23 September 2021 11:43

Morning session:
Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Perlini-Shore-Turris
Esposito-Malone-Sceviour
Brosseau-Gennaro-Lavoie

Koekkoek-Bouchard
Lagesson-Ceci

I am seeing tweets from Gregor and Rishaugh that Archibald is not listed to skate with the team. Looks as though the team is making their stance. You won't play with the team if you aren't vaccinated. The ball is in his court now.

My team doesn't do everything right, lord knows they screw up at times but it appears so far, they are doing the right thing when it comes to unvaccinated Archibald. The health, safety and lives of human beings is more important than hockey.

Plus optics. If you expect all fans to be vaccinated when you come into the building. If you expect the employees of OEG to be vaccinated, if you expect people who use the community arena to be vaccinated, it looks pretty crappy if you let and unvaccinated player get on the ice. I really hope they do not cave in on this and hold firm with Archibald. get vaccinated or you aren't part of this team anymore.

I do think it would be a little funny though if they had 16,000 vaccinated fans, two almost complete vaccinated rosters, including coaches, assistant coaches, etc. as well as the entire Rogers Place staff, but make an exception to get 40ish games of Archibald.

Didn't he take a bad penalty in the playoffs too? amazed he wasn't traded to Carolina.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792157 is a reply to message #792156 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 23 September 2021 13:29

Morning session:
Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Perlini-Shore-Turris
Esposito-Malone-Sceviour
Brosseau-Gennaro-Lavoie

Koekkoek-Bouchard
Lagesson-Ceci

I do think it would be a little funny though if they had 16,000 vaccinated fans, two almost complete vaccinated rosters, including coaches, assistant coaches, etc. as well as the entire Rogers Place staff, but make an exception to get 40ish games of Archibald.

Didn't he take a bad penalty in the playoffs too? amazed he wasn't traded to Carolina.

That stupid penalty that helped tank the game for us was basically the only time you noticed Archibald that whole series. I have a grudge towards him more for that than this vaccination stuff to be honest :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792162 is a reply to message #792157 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 23 September 2021 13:32

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 23 September 2021 13:29

Morning session:
Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Perlini-Shore-Turris
Esposito-Malone-Sceviour
Brosseau-Gennaro-Lavoie

Koekkoek-Bouchard
Lagesson-Ceci

That stupid penalty that helped tank the game for us was basically the only time you noticed Archibald that whole series. I have a grudge towards him more for that than this vaccination stuff to be honest :)

Terry Jones mentioned that today as a stupid selfish penalty...I believe it was the first mention of it by an Edmonton media type. When they're a valued energy player, they're sacred calves and can't be criticized for things like that, but it can always be filed away to be brought up if the player ever is traded or otherwise disgraced. It is vaguely reminiscent of how all the scribes suddenly found the bravery to call Eakins' practices stupid the second he was fired.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792187 is a reply to message #792131 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Morning session:
Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Perlini-Shore-Turris
Esposito-Malone-Sceviour
Brosseau-Gennaro-Lavoie

Koekkoek-Bouchard
Lagesson-Ceci

Puljujarvi has been working with two new sticks this offseason... my pants are securely fastened for the time being but maybe not be for long

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792190 is a reply to message #792187 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 24 September 2021 01:08

Puljujarvi has been working with two new sticks this offseason... my pants are securely fastened for the time being but maybe not be for long

Got a little excited myself seeing the pics of McDavid and JP talking and smiling together.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792193 is a reply to message #792190 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Mike wrote on Fri, 24 September 2021 06:16

Got a little excited myself seeing the pics of McDavid and JP talking and smiling together.

This could be a double edged sword... amazing for the season but could seriously inflate JP’s contract after the season.

If Holland is ‘forced’ to trade JP, I’m done as a fan. DONE I SAY. (No amount of Duncan Keith success as an Oiler will be able to repair my fandom if JP is dealt)

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792194 is a reply to message #792193 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 24 September 2021 08:37

This could be a double edged sword... amazing for the season but could seriously inflate JP’s contract after the season.

If Holland is ‘forced’ to trade JP, I’m done as a fan. DONE I SAY. (No amount of Duncan Keith success as an Oiler will be able to repair my fandom if JP is dealt)

Crazy to think we would have to move JP in large part because we took Keith's full 5.5M for no good reason. How do you feel about that Oscargasm? icon_biggrin

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792195 is a reply to message #792194 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 24 September 2021 09:01

Crazy to think we would have to move JP in large part because we took Keith's full 5.5M for no good reason. How do you feel about that Oscargasm? icon_biggrin

Eyes widen... teeth chattering... *deep breath*

It’s fine... Holland will get JP extended. *gulp*

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792196 is a reply to message #792195 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 24 September 2021 09:05

Eyes widen... teeth chattering... *deep breath*

It’s fine... Holland will get JP extended. *gulp*

I hope so too!!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792199 is a reply to message #792194 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Come on! It's day 2 of camp. Can't we just revel in the excitement of a new season for a little bit before going back to the gloom and doom, all is lost, Oilers are terrible.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792201 is a reply to message #792199 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 24 September 2021 09:48

Come on! It's day 2 of camp. Can't we just revel in the excitement of a new season for a little bit before going back to the gloom and doom, all is lost, Oilers are terrible.

Can't we just stay focused on what really unites us? That of course being that Josh Archibald is being kind of a jerk!

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792205 is a reply to message #792201 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 24 September 2021 09:56

Can't we just stay focused on what really unites us? That of course being that Josh Archibald is being kind of a jerk!

I'm hoping to celebrate Archibald finally coming to the light, like Smith and Keith. That's the approach I'm going to take instead of 'what took him so long'. I know he's been pretty committed on his views on social media, but I'm hoping the punitive career implications bring him around. Lots at stake for him.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792212 is a reply to message #792201 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 24 September 2021 09:56

Who’s Josh Archibald?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792206 is a reply to message #792199 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I agree. Not sure why someone had to bring us all down with this talk of not being able to sign JP :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792207 is a reply to message #792206 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 24 September 2021 10:29

I agree. Not sure why someone had to bring us all down with this talk of not being able to sign JP :)

And shouldn't we all just view Duncan Keith as a sunk cost now? Sure he's old, declining, and not likely to be a great Oilers defenceman, but can't we all just put aside that we paid an awful lot to get him relative to the value he brings, and he has a ridiculously high cap hit for what he brings?

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792161 is a reply to message #792053 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Tony Brar @TonyBrarOTV
Group 2 this afternoon:

RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Foegele - Ryan - Kassian
Benson - McLeod - Marody
Hamblin - Cracknell - Griffith
Safin/Soderlund - Englot - Kambietz

Nurse - Barrie
Broberg - Berglund
Niemelainen - Kesselring
Wanner

Koskinen
Konovalov
Rodrigue

That 2nd and 3rd line could be our 3rd and 4th line. Foegele - Ryan - Kassian could be an actual good 3rd NHL line. 4th line missing the amazing Shore of course. Probably not enough gritensity. Marody out for Shore.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792164 is a reply to message #792161 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 23 September 2021 13:47

Tony Brar @TonyBrarOTV
Group 2 this afternoon:

Foegele - Ryan - Kassian
Benson - McLeod - Marody

Nurse - Barrie
Broberg - Berglund
Niemelainen - Kesselring
Wanner

Koskinen
Konovalov
Rodrigue

That 2nd and 3rd line could be our 3rd and 4th line. Foegele - Ryan - Kassian could be an actual good 3rd NHL line. 4th line missing the amazing Shore of course. Probably not enough gritensity. Marody out for Shore.

Outside of Barrie, that is a pretty big defense :-)

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792167 is a reply to message #792164 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

welcometotheOC wrote on Thu, 23 September 2021 14:02

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 23 September 2021 13:47

Tony Brar @TonyBrarOTV
Group 2 this afternoon:

Foegele - Ryan - Kassian
Benson - McLeod - Marody

Nurse - Barrie
Broberg - Berglund
Niemelainen - Kesselring
Wanner

Koskinen
Konovalov
Rodrigue

Outside of Barrie, that is a pretty big defense :-)

Gonna be honest. Been trying to not look at the D. Just in a mental state now that only forwards matter in hockey :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792168 is a reply to message #792167 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Oiler pre-season broadcast schedule.

The Oilers will open their eight-game preseason schedule on the road against the Calgary Flames on Sunday at 7:00 PM MT, followed by the Seattle Kraken's first-ever visit to Rogers Place on Tuesday at 7:00 PM MT. All preseason games will be streamed live on EdmontonOilers.com, except for the matchups with the Vancouver Canucks on Oct. 7 and Oct. 9, which will be televised on Sportsnet.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792238 is a reply to message #792053 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Benson #16 looked good, he's faster than I remember, he's pretty noticeable out there..
same with Foegle.. stole the puck off both Ceci and Bouchard..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792247 is a reply to message #792238 ]
Sat, 25 September 2021 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 24 September 2021 19:11

Benson #16 looked good, he's faster than I remember, he's pretty noticeable out there..
same with Foegle.. stole the puck off both Ceci and Bouchard..

Benson is definitely more explosive getting up to speed, getting into the play going different ways from what I notice.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792248 is a reply to message #792247 ]
Sat, 25 September 2021 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

apparently this year was his most impressive fitness testing to date

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792250 is a reply to message #792248 ]
Sat, 25 September 2021 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Sat, 25 September 2021 09:14

Seeing claims that TUrris is in great shape too. Says he was in Edmonton all summer working out and practicing almost every day. Would be nice if he could redeem himself this year, not holding my breath though.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792255 is a reply to message #792250 ]
Sat, 25 September 2021 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 25 September 2021 09:44

Seeing claims that TUrris is in great shape too. Says he was in Edmonton all summer working out and practicing almost every day. Would be nice if he could redeem himself this year, not holding my breath though.

I had no idea Turris was still on the team. For some reason, I thought he was gone this summer.

Every year, every player is reported to come to camp in the best shape of their life. It never means anything.

Re: 2021 Training Camp thread [message #792256 is a reply to message #792255 ]
Sat, 25 September 2021 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Pseudoreality wrote on Sat, 25 September 2021 16:37

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 25 September 2021 09:44

I had no idea Turris was still on the team. For some reason, I thought he was gone this summer.

Every year, every player is reported to come to camp in the best shape of their life. It never means anything.

I bet Looch will be in the best shape of his life for the 5th straight season with the Lames this year :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Pages (7): [1  2  3  4  5  6  7  >  »]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #1)
Next Topic:Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #1)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca