Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Koekkoek 2 years, $925k
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Koekkoek 2 years, $925k [message #791102]
Thu, 12 August 2021 09:04 Go to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

So we didn’t really need Larsson anyways

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Koekkoek 2 yes, $925k [message #791104 is a reply to message #791102 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Why is this team obsessed with giving more than one year to bubble players? I dont mind Koekkoek for what he is, a 7th D-man. There is no need to ever give more than one year deals to any vet that isn't a sure thing to dress night in and night out.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Koekkoek 2 yes, $925k [message #791105 is a reply to message #791104 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

KH is planning on a long, peaceful summer in 2022. No annoying signings or extensions to deal with.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Koekkoek 2 yes, $925k [message #791107 is a reply to message #791105 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I don't mind them bringing him back. I think they needed another vet to make it so Russell isn't an everyday and I am not sold Lagesson is an everyday guy either. You can easily bury the contract if you had too.

Re: Koekkoek 2 yes, $925k [message #791108 is a reply to message #791107 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 09:25

I don't mind them bringing him back. I think they needed another vet to make it so Russell isn't an everyday and I am not sold Lagesson is an everyday guy either. You can easily bury the contract if you had too.

Interesting to note, Oilers are at 41 contracts with this signing, but also at the cap. Depth has to be a concern, as do injuries. How do you add at the deadline?

Re: Koekkoek 2 yes, $925k [message #791109 is a reply to message #791108 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 09:33

Interesting to note, Oilers are at 41 contracts with this signing, but also at the cap. Depth has to be a concern, as do injuries. How do you add at the deadline?

Still gotta sign Yams.

Think we are gonna go into the year over the cap trying to max out Klef's LTIR for the first day of the season again.

Adding at the deadline? With what picks? :) If Vegas gets their #1C and looks good I think we can conclude it's not our year anyways, best to wait for 22/23 instead of trading our 1st.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Koekkoek 2 yes, $925k [message #791115 is a reply to message #791109 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 09:35

Still gotta sign Yams.

Think we are gonna go into the year over the cap trying to max out Klef's LTIR for the first day of the season again.

Adding at the deadline? With what picks? :) If Vegas gets their #1C and looks good I think we can conclude it's not our year anyways, best to wait for 22/23 instead of trading our 1st.

Cheap and serviceable defensemen are perfect trade bait.

I don't mind KK, but I do worry we have too many of this same player who are just good enough to get in trouble.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Koekkoek 2 yes, $925k [message #791116 is a reply to message #791115 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 10:29

Cheap and serviceable defensemen are perfect trade bait.

I don't mind KK, but I do worry we have too many of this same player who are just good enough to get in trouble.

Exactly. KK at that price is easily traded if guys like Samorukov, Broberg, move up in the line up.

Rumour had it it would be KK (27) or Jordie Benn (34) signing, I'm thinking KK s a better choice.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Koekkoek 2 yes, $925k [message #791117 is a reply to message #791109 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 09:35

Still gotta sign Yams.

How are they getting that center? They are already over the cap after dump Fleury. They resigned Martinez at over 5 and for whatever reason, traded for Dadonov and his 5 mill.

Re: Koekkoek 2 yes, $925k [message #791110 is a reply to message #791108 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Inevitably not all of the guys you see in capfriendly will be on the NHL team but in the minors. A guy like Turris who is counting on the cap, we could see him waived, sent down and you save over 1 mill. They have 3 goalies right now, no way they keep 3, so say Stalock goes down, there is another 785.

Re: Koekkoek 2 yes, $925k [message #791106 is a reply to message #791102 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 09:04

So we didn’t really need Larsson anyways

41% CF, 25% GF, 47% zone starts, 7th among our D in % of ice time against top players.

Yes, definitely earned that 2 year deal!

This guy is not very good. Even though he looked ok for a few games as we gave away a series vs Chicago. Hope we don't buy him out instead of just burying him if he puts up weak numbers again. Never know with this team.

Great hockey player name though!

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2021 09:27]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Koekkoek 2 years, $925k [message #791112 is a reply to message #791102 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

He was good last year until the Flames cheapshotted him and he missed 2 months. A far better option that Kowboy (that signing still baffles me). The only fear I have is that they've already decided Broberg isn't playing with the big team this year.

Re: Koekkoek 2 years, $925k [message #791113 is a reply to message #791112 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 10:23

He was good last year until the Flames cheapshotted him and he missed 2 months. A far better option that Kowboy (that signing still baffles me). The only fear I have is that they've already decided Broberg isn't playing with the big team this year.

Broberg shouldn't be in the NHL this year. He's barely 20 yrs old and other than some scrimmages in practice, he hasn't played a shift of hockey in North America yet. I think if there is a rookie that will make the team this year on defense other than Bouchard, it will be Samorukov. The Oilers need to have Broberg in North America and have him play a TON in Bakersfield. Have him on the PP, the PK and playing first pairing mins in Bakersfield and he should be down in the AHL all year.

Re: Koekkoek 2 years, $925k [message #791114 is a reply to message #791113 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 10:47

Broberg shouldn't be in the NHL this year. He's barely 20 yrs old and other than some scrimmages in practice, he hasn't played a shift of hockey in North America yet. I think if there is a rookie that will make the team this year on defense other than Bouchard, it will be Samorukov. The Oilers need to have Broberg in North America and have him play a TON in Bakersfield. Have him on the PP, the PK and playing first pairing mins in Bakersfield and he should be down in the AHL all year.

What if Broberg shows up at camp and is amazing? Or even at a minimum is better than Lagesson, Koekkoek, Samorukov and Russell? Does he earn the spot or is it gifted to someone else who was expected to be there?

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Koekkoek 2 years, $925k [message #791132 is a reply to message #791114 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 11:07

What if Broberg shows up at camp and is amazing? Or even at a minimum is better than Lagesson, Koekkoek, Samorukov and Russell? Does he earn the spot or is it gifted to someone else who was expected to be there?

I’m with RDOF. Regardless of a TC, Broberg should get some time in the AHL. December call up at the earliest. Bouchard will almost destroy Tipp’s brain alone. Two rookies? Fuhgetaboutit.

Re: Koekkoek 2 years, $925k [message #791143 is a reply to message #791132 ]
Fri, 13 August 2021 09:20 Go to previous message

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 16:59

PlusOne wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 11:07

I’m with RDOF. Regardless of a TC, Broberg should get some time in the AHL. December call up at the earliest. Bouchard will almost destroy Tipp’s brain alone. Two rookies? Fuhgetaboutit.

Ignoring Tippett for a second, you don't typically see teams in win now mode playing a lot of rookies in the defense all at once. Playing NHL defense is probably the most difficult position so experience counts. So even if Broberg looks great in camp I'd be surprised if he played right away. If anything, I think Samorukov will get a shot first over Broberg just because he's older and has more pro experience. plus more experience in the North American game. He play in the OHL and has played a season in the AHL and if not for covid, would have played another year in the AHL but at least he got a year in the KHL which I think is about on par with the AHL for level of play. Just making the jump from the ice size and game from Sweden to North America will be a huge jump I think for Broberg.

Re: Koekkoek 2 years, $925k [message #791118 is a reply to message #791102 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

You get a 2 year deal, you get a 2 year deal, you get a 2 year deal!!

Clean house or bust

Re: Koekkoek 2 years, $925k [message #791133 is a reply to message #791118 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 12:06

You get a 2 year deal, you get a 2 year deal, you get a 2 year deal!!

Copy and paste. Too easy.

Perlini and Benson? Copy and paste.

Who knew I have been training my whole life to be a HOF NHL builder.

Re: Koekkoek 2 years, $925k [message #791125 is a reply to message #791102 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

I think it’s pretty safe to say that Holland isn’t really a mover and shaker when it comes to negotiations.

This team makes me feel like I’m in an extended bad dream.

The stupidity this summer has completely washed away my joy with the Barrie signing. And I doubt that signing was more savvy than Barrie knowing what’s good for his future and Cup chances.

Say what you want about Lowe, but Nicholson has done extensive damage to this organization. Katz is an idiot.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Koekkoek 2 years, $925k [message #791126 is a reply to message #791125 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 14:23

<snip>
Say what you want about Lowe...

Ok.

He's done extensive damage to this organization.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Koekkoek 2 years, $925k [message #791129 is a reply to message #791126 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 14:52

g2k wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 14:23

<snip>
Say what you want about Lowe...

Ok.

He's done extensive damage to this organization.

Worst player in the history of the organization. Including Tobias R. and Horcoff.

Previous Topic:Jagr says Oilers would be his 1st choice
Next Topic:Skinner re-signs - Two year, 2-way contract
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca