This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782078]
Wed, 07 April 2021 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Ottawa to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2020-21 Regular Season
Sunday, January 31, 2021Ottawa 5 @ Edmonton 8Win
Tuesday, February 2, 2021Ottawa 2 @ Edmonton 4Win
Monday, February 8, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Ottawa 1Win
Tuesday, February 9, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Ottawa 2Win
Monday, March 8, 2021Ottawa 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Wednesday, March 10, 2021Ottawa 1 @ Edmonton 7Win
Friday, March 12, 2021Ottawa 2 @ Edmonton 6Win
Wednesday, April 7, 2021Edmonton 4 @ Ottawa 2Win
Thursday, April 8, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Ottawa 1Win
Home Record: 5-0-0       Road Record: 4-0-0       Overall Record: 9-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 28/13 Total: 41
Home / Road Goals Against: 12/6 Total: 18

2019-20 Regular Season
Wednesday, December 4, 2019Ottawa 5 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Wednesday, March 18, 2020Edmonton @ Ottawa
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 0-0-0       Overall Record: 0-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 2/0 Total: 2
Home / Road Goals Against: 5/0 Total: 5

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782079 is a reply to message #782078 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Let's do that hockey.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782083 is a reply to message #782078 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

I know they're pretty rare in Edmonton, but has anyone ever attended a weekday matinee game, Edmonton or otherwise? I've done quite a few Sunday ones when the kids were young, but never a weekday one. Apparently they used to be called "the businessman special" and it was more designed around day drinking etc.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782084 is a reply to message #782083 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Must win game. Go at them hard, put them away early.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782091 is a reply to message #782084 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 07 April 2021 08:44

Would this be the fourth different Senators goalie we've faced this year? Hogberg, Murray, Daccord and now Forsberg. All of them have goals against averages above three. Just pour on the pressure, and don't let up. Crush them like a grape again.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782097 is a reply to message #782091 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 07 April 2021 09:11

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 07 April 2021 08:44

Would this be the fourth different Senators goalie we've faced this year? Hogberg, Murray, Daccord and now Forsberg. All of them have goals against averages above three. Just pour on the pressure, and don't let up. Crush them like a grape again.

1260 saying they are playing Hogberg.

Hopefully they don't let the previous games get in their heads. Play how you can and you will win because the Oilers have better overall talent.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782089 is a reply to message #782083 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Wed, 07 April 2021 08:10

I know they're pretty rare in Edmonton, but has anyone ever attended a weekday matinee game, Edmonton or otherwise? I've done quite a few Sunday ones when the kids were young, but never a weekday one. Apparently they used to be called "the businessman special" and it was more designed around day drinking etc.

The Oil Kings and the various baseball teams would do afternoon games for travel purposes once in a while. They're great. They're like golf, just a really nice excuse to leave work early.

It's not a bad idea to bugger off early today and find a pub or patio. Hmmmm....

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782099 is a reply to message #782078 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

I brought this over from the Habs PGT as it seemed relevant here;

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 07 April 2021 01:23

Adam wrote on Tue, 06 April 2021 09:43

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 19:50

Oilers will be in tough to win against Sens back to back, Sens are big and fast, something Oil are not. Could easily be 2 losses.

It amuses me that these comments come up every time we're about to play the Sens. They're as tough as a wet paper bag. They've got a bunch of young players that run around trying really hard and pulling a lot of pucks out of the back of their net.

Sens have a 3-4 record vs Leafs, and a 4-3 record vs Habs, both teams which Oil suck against.. I wouldn't be considering these guys as a mere speed bump.. wish it were so.. Murray is out, and their backups, including once-an-Oiler-always-an-Oiler Forsberg, are playing well...

This season of only playing a small group of teams has really opened my eyes to how important matchups seem to be.
A lot of the time I would assume the following to be true;
Team A beats B who beats C who beats D
Team A should therefor beat Team D most of the time.

That doesn't seem to be true this year. There are teams who seem to "have another teams number" and there isn't really an explanation. All evidence shows Team A is better than Team D yet Team D beats them. Or Team A and Team B are close in all aspects yet one of them has a dominant record over the other head to head.

I suspect this is especially true when a team has some large holes in the roster. In the case of the Oilers is seems the Leafs and Habs are able to exploit those, the Sens haven't.
Conversely I think the play of the Sens has been over hyped. They were 100% supposed to be awful so every little thing they do right is put on a pedestal. The media doubles down on this for goalie play. They have gone through an amazing amount of tenders so when one does have a good game it is a big story. Not quite Zamboni driver big but when your 5th string goalie has a good game it is news.

The Oilers are a decent team, some nights even a very good team, but they can't take anyone lightly. That said, there is no reason to think the Sens can slow them down.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782113 is a reply to message #782099 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 07 April 2021 09:46

I brought this over from the Habs PGT as it seemed relevant here;

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 07 April 2021 01:23

Adam wrote on Tue, 06 April 2021 09:43

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 19:50

Oilers will be in tough to win against Sens back to back, Sens are big and fast, something Oil are not. Could easily be 2 losses.

It amuses me that these comments come up every time we're about to play the Sens. They're as tough as a wet paper bag. They've got a bunch of young players that run around trying really hard and pulling a lot of pucks out of the back of their net.

Sens have a 3-4 record vs Leafs, and a 4-3 record vs Habs, both teams which Oil suck against.. I wouldn't be considering these guys as a mere speed bump.. wish it were so.. Murray is out, and their backups, including once-an-Oiler-always-an-Oiler Forsberg, are playing well...

This season of only playing a small group of teams has really opened my eyes to how important matchups seem to be.
A lot of the time I would assume the following to be true;
Team A beats B who beats C who beats D
Team A should therefor beat Team D most of the time.

That doesn't seem to be true this year. There are teams who seem to "have another teams number" and there isn't really an explanation. All evidence shows Team A is better than Team D yet Team D beats them. Or Team A and Team B are close in all aspects yet one of them has a dominant record over the other head to head.

I suspect this is especially true when a team has some large holes in the roster. In the case of the Oilers is seems the Leafs and Habs are able to exploit those, the Sens haven't.
Conversely I think the play of the Sens has been over hyped. They were 100% supposed to be awful so every little thing they do right is put on a pedestal. The media doubles down on this for goalie play. They have gone through an amazing amount of tenders so when one does have a good game it is a big story. Not quite Zamboni driver big but when your 5th string goalie has a good game it is news.

The Oilers are a decent team, some nights even a very good team, but they can't take anyone lightly. That said, there is no reason to think the Sens can slow them down.

The Senators biggest areas of weakness (goaltending, defence) align well with our areas of strength. They allow more goals than any other team in the league with 146 goals against - that's 3.74 goals against per game. Their goal differential is -42, second only to Buffalo's woeful -44. They're the second worst team overall in the entire league.

Yes, the 0-7-0 record against the Oilers where they've been outscored 34-15 is a big part of that, but even without that, they aren't a good team.

One of the good things we've seen from the Oilers this year is that they haven't tended to look past games, so hopefully they come hungry and put the boots to Ottawa again. It would be really nice to see McDavid and Draisaitl put up some crooked numbers again today.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782108 is a reply to message #782078 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Back in sask to pack some more and forgot about the start time. Yuck.

Doesn’t matter what time pick drop is, they need this W

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782124 is a reply to message #782078 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Was our 7 wins vs 1 team in 1 season tying a record? I thought I saw something like that mentioned last game vs Ottawa.

Regardless, destroy these bums.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782138 is a reply to message #782124 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 07 April 2021 12:10

Was our 7 wins vs 1 team in 1 season tying a record? I thought I saw something like that mentioned last game vs Ottawa.

Regardless, destroy these bums.

I believe you're right. It would probably be an unassailable record if we were to get to 9-0 against them - given that we're unlikely to play another team 9 times in any future years (not including playoffs)

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782137 is a reply to message #782078 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Word is Koskinen gets the start tonight. In two out of his three starts against them he allowed a goal on the first shot of the game (according to twitter), hopefully tonight he fares better.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782143 is a reply to message #782137 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

...any BOUCHARD sighting? wait... that's crazy talk. confused2

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782144 is a reply to message #782137 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 07 April 2021 13:24

Word is Koskinen gets the start tonight. In two out of his three starts against them he allowed a goal on the first shot of the game (according to twitter), hopefully tonight he fares better.

He's gonna show you all and let in the 2nd shot :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43) [message #782159 is a reply to message #782144 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 16:08 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 07 April 2021 14:16

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 07 April 2021 13:24

He's gonna show you all and let in the 2nd shot :)

Second shot of the 2nd. Next game 3rd shot of the third?

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca