This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers Claim G Stalock off waiversPages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #777924]
Mon, 01 March 2021 10:13 Go to next message
Daftmonk  is currently offline Daftmonk

No Cups

https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-oilers-claim-g-alex-stalock-off- waivers-from-minnesota-wild-1.1600813

2 years left at $785k per cap hit.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/alex-stalock

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." — Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #777927 is a reply to message #777924 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

I like this one. Good work Dutch.

Now get PRuss down to the Taxi and Dylan Wells to... the moon?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #777938 is a reply to message #777927 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 10:17

I'd still like to know what Tipp was thinking when he sat Bouch to put PRuss into the line-up last game. He wound up being a whole lot of absolutely nothing in the game.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #777939 is a reply to message #777938 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 11:01

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 10:17

I'd still like to know what Tipp was thinking when he sat Bouch to put PRuss into the line-up last game. He wound up being a whole lot of absolutely nothing in the game.

After 53 games where he didn't contribute anything worthwhile, Tippett just felt he was due!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #777944 is a reply to message #777924 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

I think it's a good idea to have a functional 3rd goalie, but are they willing to commit a roster spot to him? If they just try to sneak him through waivers again, he will get claimed back, and this whole thing is an exercise in stupidity.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #777946 is a reply to message #777944 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 12:17

I think it's a good idea to have a functional 3rd goalie, but are they willing to commit a roster spot to him? If they just try to sneak him through waivers again, he will get claimed back, and this whole thing is an exercise in stupidity.

They’ll keep 3.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #777954 is a reply to message #777946 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 11:19

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 12:17

They’ll keep 3.

He'll be our second goalie sometime soon anyways. If Koskinen is starting tonight there is a 94% chance Smith hurt himself diving for a puck to prevent the 5-0 goal last game.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #777956 is a reply to message #777944 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 11:17

Yep - he needs to stay on the roster now. There's probably one or two more guys who can get waived now with no danger of being claimed. Kyle Turris comes to mind...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #777957 is a reply to message #777956 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 14:16

Yep - he needs to stay on the roster now. There's probably one or two more guys who can get waived now with no danger of being claimed. Kyle Turris comes to mind...

I forgot Turris was rostered still....

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #777959 is a reply to message #777957 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 13:17

I wonder if Kris Russell could be convinced to waive his no-move to get taxied on and off. There's not a lot of downside to him - he's not getting sent to the minors and he gets the same paycheque, and if someone else claims him, then he's off to greener pastures where he might be an every day player...I suppose he'd probably prefer not to move though.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #777961 is a reply to message #777959 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 13:24

I wonder if Kris Russell could be convinced to waive his no-move to get taxied on and off. There's not a lot of downside to him - he's not getting sent to the minors and he gets the same paycheque, and if someone else claims him, then he's off to greener pastures where he might be an every day player...I suppose he'd probably prefer not to move though.

Can't risk hurting his feelings!

Like Turris who we probably end up buying out this summer instead of burying him.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #778175 is a reply to message #777961 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 13:49

Like Turris who we probably end up buying out this summer instead of burying him.

I've found it's always better to pay for your mistakes for twice as long.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #777964 is a reply to message #777959 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 14:24

He’s got a 15 team list, include him in a deal to one of said teams (he says while crossing his fingers)

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #778171 is a reply to message #777959 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hibernia  is currently offline Hibernia

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 16:54

Adam, come back to reality, man! lol Russell is not waiving to go to the taxi squad. And to be honest, I'd expect Russell to finish out his contract with the Oilers. Given that he can play both sides - at least according to the coach - he's the perfect 7 dman.

Twitter: @AitchOil

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #778187 is a reply to message #778171 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Hibernia wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 06:20

Adam wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 16:54

Adam, come back to reality, man! lol Russell is not waiving to go to the taxi squad. And to be honest, I'd expect Russell to finish out his contract with the Oilers. Given that he can play both sides - at least according to the coach - he's the perfect 7 dman.

I'd still be asking. The team needs all the flexibility it can get, and being healthy scratched on the roster, or healthy scratched on the taxi squad is basically the same thing.

I definitely have some concern about the love Tippett shows for certain players, including anyone with the last name Russell.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780912 is a reply to message #777924 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Stalock has arrived and so has his mask!

For more pics and a video from Stalock himself;
https://twitter.com/edmontonoilers/status/137479357692886630 8?s=21

Edit: removed the image bc I don’t know how to make it smaller here🤪

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780914 is a reply to message #780912 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 24 March 2021 11:48

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExQoKnOVEAQf1PJ?format=jpg&name=360x360https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExQnvGmVkAMMy4y?format=jpg&name=360x360

Looks like he is a Springsteen Fan (?)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780915 is a reply to message #780914 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 24 March 2021 12:56

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExQoKnOVEAQf1PJ?format=jpg&name=360x360https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExQnvGmVkAMMy4y?format=jpg&name=360x360

Thanks Skookum!!

Yeah, in his video he says he’s a big Springsteen fan and his kids are big fans of Hunter, the mascot.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780926 is a reply to message #780915 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 24 March 2021 12:00

Thanks Skookum!!

Yeah, in his video he says he’s a big Springsteen fan and his kids are big fans of Hunter, the mascot.

I guess this legitimatizes Hunter then? icon_lol

For the record, I like Hunter. And the fact his design shocks and intimidates the uninitiated.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780929 is a reply to message #780914 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Give him the starting job already.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780931 is a reply to message #780929 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 24 March 2021 15:59

Give him the starting job already.

Agreed

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780933 is a reply to message #780931 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I think he will be the teams back up for next year. At 785k and given overall, his numbers look pretty decent, I don't think you can get a back up for any cheaper than that. He's making barely above league minimum. I wonder if they protect him in expansion, then expose Koskinen.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780939 is a reply to message #780933 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 24 March 2021 16:45

I think he will be the teams back up for next year. At 785k and given overall, his numbers look pretty decent, I don't think you can get a back up for any cheaper than that. He's making barely above league minimum. I wonder if they protect him in expansion, then expose Koskinen.

Seattle is not going to take Koskinen unless we coax them to. Ditto for Neal, ditto for Kris Russell. They won’t take one of our crappy players with bad contracts out of the goodness of their hearts.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780941 is a reply to message #780939 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 24 March 2021 17:30

Seattle is not going to take Koskinen unless we coax them to. Ditto for Neal, ditto for Kris Russell. They won’t take one of our crappy players with bad contracts out of the goodness of their hearts.

They have a cap floor to get to, so I wouldn’t rule Kostawin or Neal getting clammed. Russell also has a super cheap contract next season.
I do think Mikko is a prime candidate for a buyout should he not get claimed however.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780944 is a reply to message #780941 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Slim Jim Phantom Call wrote on Wed, 24 March 2021 17:35

They have a cap floor to get to, so I wouldn’t rule Kostawin or Neal getting clammed. Russell also has a super cheap contract next season.
I do think Mikko is a prime candidate for a buyout should he not get claimed however.

Buyouts are rarely a good option. We're still paying for Benoit Pouliot and Andrei Sekera. Should have just let them play out their deals.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780945 is a reply to message #780944 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 24 March 2021 17:47

Slim Jim Phantom Call wrote on Wed, 24 March 2021 17:35

Buyouts are rarely a good option. We're still paying for Benoit Pouliot and Andrei Sekera. Should have just let them play out their deals.

Never said I would do it. This IS the Oilers we are talking about.
Waive him to minors would be my choice and let him finish out final season there.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780942 is a reply to message #780939 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

Is there anyway the Oilers can waive their protection of a goalie, and use it to protect an extra d-man? That would obviously be ideal, but I'm guessing it's not allowed.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780963 is a reply to message #780942 ]
Thu, 25 March 2021 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

benv wrote on Wed, 24 March 2021 17:38

Is there anyway the Oilers can waive their protection of a goalie, and use it to protect an extra d-man? That would obviously be ideal, but I'm guessing it's not allowed.

I suppose this could kind of work if you pay Seattle in picks or prospects but that's not really what you mean.
Personally I'd gauge their interest in taking a pick back in exchange for Kassian, Neal, Russell or Koski (long shot though on him since he offers very little benefit).

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780974 is a reply to message #780963 ]
Thu, 25 March 2021 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 25 March 2021 09:37

I suppose this could kind of work if you pay Seattle in picks or prospects but that's not really what you mean.
Personally I'd gauge their interest in taking a pick back in exchange for Kassian, Neal, Russell or Koski (long shot though on him since he offers very little benefit).

I don't believe there's a way to protect an extra player, other than with a trade to the Kraken to get them to stay away from someone who's technically exposed. You need to protect one goalie. The Oilers could throw away protection by guarding UFA-to-be Mike Smith instead, but they can't use the spot on someone more valuable.

If I'm giving up something to the Kraken to take someone, I'm pushing hard for them to take James Neal. He's not a regular everyday player already and he's got two more years. The buyout is horrific at this point as we'd be paying him for the next 4 years. Koskinen's is ugly two but half as long and not as much. If the option is Stalock or Koskinen as the back-up and the team feels it's even close to a wash, it may make sense to buy him out, as the buyout plus Stalock still provides savings for the team on their back-up role.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780982 is a reply to message #780974 ]
Thu, 25 March 2021 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 25 March 2021 11:19

If I'm giving up something to the Kraken to take someone, I'm pushing hard for them to take James Neal. He's not a regular everyday player already and he's got two more years. The buyout is horrific at this point as we'd be paying him for the next 4 years. Koskinen's is ugly two but half as long and not as much. If the option is Stalock or Koskinen as the back-up and the team feels it's even close to a wash, it may make sense to buy him out, as the buyout plus Stalock still provides savings for the team on their back-up role.

This is the play, for sure, and I think it happens with a pick swap where we give Seattle a second for a seventh, or some such alchemy in exchange for taking Neal.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780985 is a reply to message #780974 ]
Thu, 25 March 2021 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Thu, 25 March 2021 11:19

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 25 March 2021 09:37

I don't believe there's a way to protect an extra player, other than with a trade to the Kraken to get them to stay away from someone who's technically exposed. You need to protect one goalie. The Oilers could throw away protection by guarding UFA-to-be Mike Smith instead, but they can't use the spot on someone more valuable.

Why would you buy him out when he can just get longterm Covid symptoms that mean he isn't officially retiring but he'll never play again?

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780960 is a reply to message #780939 ]
Thu, 25 March 2021 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I wasn't saying they would actually take Koskinen but the fact they would most likely not take him, wouldn't stop me from leaving him exposed. In my opinion, Stalock's contract makes him more valuable than Koskinen. Stalock based on his career numbers, looks to be an experienced, capable NHL back up who's making barely above league minimum.

I am hoping the Oilers can upgrade on Koskinen because I think they need too. But if unfortunately it happened they couldn't and Koskinen and Stalock was your goalies next year, they'd save themselves 715k. Any area you can save money is huge in my books.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780991 is a reply to message #780960 ]
Thu, 25 March 2021 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 25 March 2021 08:42

I wasn't saying they would actually take Koskinen but the fact they would most likely not take him, wouldn't stop me from leaving him exposed. In my opinion, Stalock's contract makes him more valuable than Koskinen. Stalock based on his career numbers, looks to be an experienced, capable NHL back up who's making barely above league minimum.

I am hoping the Oilers can upgrade on Koskinen because I think they need too. But if unfortunately it happened they couldn't and Koskinen and Stalock was your goalies next year, they'd save themselves 715k. Any area you can save money is huge in my books.

I’d rather protect Skinner. No chance they take him, but if there is a chance Seattle wants a career backup or a career 1B starter then I’m all for not losing a forward or D asset. Stalock is a bargain, but he has a heart condition and hasn’t played this year. Could be our back up for next year, might also retire like Letestu did.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780993 is a reply to message #780991 ]
Thu, 25 March 2021 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 25 March 2021 14:38

I’d rather protect Skinner. No chance they take him, but if there is a chance Seattle wants a career backup or a career 1B starter then I’m all for not losing a forward or D asset. Stalock is a bargain, but he has a heart condition and hasn’t played this year. Could be our back up for next year, might also retire like Letestu did.

Skinner is in zero danger of being selected by the Kraken. He's struggled to get to 0.900 in the minors and the small sample size in this funky year isn't going to sway them that he's one of the 3 best goalie options available across the league AND the best option to take from Edmonton.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780999 is a reply to message #780993 ]
Thu, 25 March 2021 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 25 March 2021 15:12

Skinner is in zero danger of being selected by the Kraken. He's struggled to get to 0.900 in the minors and the small sample size in this funky year isn't going to sway them that he's one of the 3 best goalie options available across the league AND the best option to take from Edmonton.

I agree with you completely. I can't see what the Kraken would pick Skinner. As you said, prior to this season, he's been below .900 in the minors. There are going to be way more, more proven goalies available. I don't think there is a chance in hell Skinner on the Oilers next year so why would the Kraken want him.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #781024 is a reply to message #780999 ]
Thu, 25 March 2021 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 25 March 2021 15:53

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 25 March 2021 15:12

I agree with you completely. I can't see what the Kraken would pick Skinner. As you said, prior to this season, he's been below .900 in the minors. There are going to be way more, more proven goalies available. I don't think there is a chance in hell Skinner on the Oilers next year so why would the Kraken want him.

I don’t think any of our goalies are worth protecting, but if we lost Stalock or Koskinen that means Billy Legs, Caleb Jones or Khaira remain Oilers. I prefer those 3 every time. Expose them both.

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #797372 is a reply to message #780929 ]
Fri, 14 January 2022 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Looks like Stalock is on the road to playing at last. If he clears waivers, likely headed to Bakersfield.

https://www.tsn.ca/alex-stalock-waivers-edmonton-oilers-1.17 45685

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #780934 is a reply to message #780912 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

We should waive him just to make sure he's actually good.

If he gets claimed, we know he is probably good.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #797373 is a reply to message #777924 ]
Fri, 14 January 2022 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Good news.. the goalie pen will be full though.. Rodrigue, Stalock, Rodrigue, Kono, Skinner, Koski, Smith..

They keep a guy on the practice roster.. 1 + (2 in Bako) + (2 in ECHL) + (2 on the Oil) = 7

Oil
Koski Smith
(Kono?)

Bako
Skinner Stalock ?

ECHL
Kono Rodrigue ?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers [message #797380 is a reply to message #797373 ]
Fri, 14 January 2022 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 14 January 2022 13:17

Good news.. the goalie pen will be full though.. Rodrigue, Stalock, Rodrigue, Kono, Skinner, Koski, Smith..

They keep a guy on the practice roster.. 1 + (2 in Bako) + (2 in ECHL) + (2 on the Oil) = 7

Oil
Koski Smith
(Kono?)

Bako
Skinner Stalock ?

ECHL
Kono Rodrigue ?

Sadly, none of them are NHL starting netminders!

Although worth saying, as I've been a bit hard on him, Skinner has looked to be the best option so far this season and probably should continue to get opportunities with Koskinen and Smith pretty underwhelming and/or injured all the time.

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40)
Next Topic:Mike Smith Injury Update
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca