This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773883]
Thu, 28 January 2021 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Toronto to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2020-21 Regular Season
Wednesday, January 20, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Toronto 1Win
Friday, January 22, 2021Edmonton 2 @ Toronto 4Loss
Thursday, January 28, 2021Toronto 4 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Saturday, January 30, 2021Toronto 3 @ Edmonton 4 (OT)Win
Saturday, February 27, 2021Toronto 4 @ Edmonton 0Loss
Monday, March 1, 2021Toronto 3 @ Edmonton 0Loss
Wednesday, March 3, 2021Toronto 6 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Saturday, March 27, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Toronto 4 (OT)Loss
Monday, March 29, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Toronto 2 (OT)Win
Home Record: 1-4-0       Road Record: 2-1-1       Overall Record: 3-5-1
Home / Road Goals For: 8/11 Total: 19
Home / Road Goals Against: 20/11 Total: 31

2019-20 Regular Season
Saturday, December 14, 2019Toronto 4 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Monday, January 6, 2020Edmonton 6 @ Toronto 4Win
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 1-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 1/6 Total: 7
Home / Road Goals Against: 4/4 Total: 8

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773886 is a reply to message #773883 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Tonight's affair registers in as Severely Musty, a Category 4 reading on the OG Must Scale. For those wondering how that reading is reached, we have Musty Weather and Musty Math below. Both are taken into account when registering a reading on the Must Scale.

Musty Weather;
Mainy musty. Look for humidity to get mustier as the day progresses with winds softly blowing south/southwest at a blistering 15 musts an hour as we reach a forecasted -19 degrees at puck drop.

Musty Math;
Leafs (opponent) + 9 (game number) * Home (Home/Away) + Perhaps (Team in playoff spot with win?) * Ron Jeremy (Auston Matthews rockin the stache?) - 9 (Consecutive Koskinens) + Jack Michaels (Regional Broadcast!) = MUST WIN

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773887 is a reply to message #773886 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 07:31

Tonight's affair registers in as Severely Musty, a Category 4 reading on the OG Must Scale. For those wondering how that reading is reached, we have Musty Weather and Musty Math below. Both are taken into account when registering a reading on the Must Scale.

Musty Weather;
Mainy musty. Look for humidity to get mustier as the day progresses with winds softly blowing south/southwest at a blistering 15 musts an hour as we reach a forecasted -19 degrees at puck drop.

Musty Math;
Leafs (opponent) + 9 (game number) * Home (Home/Away) + Perhaps (Team in playoff spot with win?) * Ron Jeremy (Auston Matthews rockin the stache?) - 9 (Consecutive Koskinens) + Jack Michaels (Regional Broadcast!) = MUST WIN

Everything I believe and know about hockey says we are going to lose this game and lose it badly. That being said 6-3 Edmonton.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773890 is a reply to message #773887 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

God only knows what Oilers team will come out tonight. I would think after pissing away a win with an embarrassing 3rd period effort where they were completely out battled, out played, out competed and frankly looked like they didn't give a damn about winning, you'd think they would come out with a pretty spirited effort and take it to the Leafs but I have thought that in the past and been very wrong.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773892 is a reply to message #773890 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 09:39

God only knows what Oilers team will come out tonight. I would think after pissing away a win with an embarrassing 3rd period effort where they were completely out battled, out played, out competed and frankly looked like they didn't give a damn about winning, you'd think they would come out with a pretty spirited effort and take it to the Leafs but I have thought that in the past and been very wrong.

They’ll be spirited for ~40 minutes tonight then completely piss it away with a lackluster effort the remaining 20. Wether it’s the 1st, 2nd or 3rd period, they will be completely lost throughout one of them.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773893 is a reply to message #773892 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 08:42

They’ll be spirited for ~40 minutes tonight then completely piss it away with a lackluster effort the remaining 20. Wether it’s the 1st, 2nd or 3rd period, they will be completely lost throughout one of them.

Is that not the real Oilers? They're not the good team we watch for 40 minutes or the bad team that can throw wins away in 20, they're a team that isn't built to play the full game.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773894 is a reply to message #773893 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 09:48

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 08:42

Is that not the real Oilers? They're not the good team we watch for 40 minutes or the bad team that can throw wins away in 20, they're a team that isn't built to play the full game.

Gotta work on their kegels to last longer

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773900 is a reply to message #773894 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

7-1 Leafs. Men against boys. This team reminds me of a pick up game of men's hockey at the rink - some good players, some really good players, some players there for the beer that can barley play, all mixed together. What do get? Individual plays that sometimes look fancy and lots of odd man rushes putting your goalie into a hard spot. It seems like forever ago when we had them team with a good larseen, benoit poliot serving a solid role, sekera being a anchor on D, patty maroon being the winger that mcdavid needed ect...Bear has flat lined, jones has regressed, we seem afraid to give any guys a chance - bouchard, mcleaod, staurt skinner - other teams take a chance on thier guys - think st.louis with binngton the other year...We will finish just above Ottawa....and I am fearful, that will lead to McDavid asking for a trade. Rant done, Team sucks.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773901 is a reply to message #773900 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 11:17

7-1 Leafs. Men against boys. This team reminds me of a pick up game of men's hockey at the rink - some good players, some really good players, some players there for the beer that can barley play, all mixed together. What do get? Individual plays that sometimes look fancy and lots of odd man rushes putting your goalie into a hard spot. It seems like forever ago when we had them team with a good larseen, benoit poliot serving a solid role, sekera being a anchor on D, patty maroon being the winger that mcdavid needed ect...Bear has flat lined, jones has regressed, we seem afraid to give any guys a chance - bouchard, mcleaod, staurt skinner - other teams take a chance on thier guys - think st.louis with binngton the other year...We will finish just above Ottawa....and I am fearful, that will lead to McDavid asking for a trade. Rant done, Team sucks.

Geez. I think you need to pull out your calculator and get some musty math in your life. Or take a look at the Musty Weather app (once it’s developed, we’re trying to iron out some musty kinks).

Oilers 5-3. Connor is the man amongst boys tonight. LFG!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773902 is a reply to message #773900 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Lines tonight.
RNH - McD - JP
Kahun - leon - Yamo
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Arch

Nurse-Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie

Probably the best lines the Oilers can come up with until Haas is ready and Bouchard is back from his tweak. The fact Khaira started 2, sat 5, played 1 then is out again tells me he's done. I'd send him to Bakersfield and call up someone else. I hope Tippett learned his lesson, Khaira can't play.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773903 is a reply to message #773902 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 09:41

Lines tonight.
RNH - McD - JP
Kahun - leon - Yamo
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Arch

Nurse-Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie

Probably the best lines the Oilers can come up with until Haas is ready and Bouchard is back from his tweak. The fact Khaira started 2, sat 5, played 1 then is out again tells me he's done. I'd send him to Bakersfield and call up someone else. I hope Tippett learned his lesson, Khaira can't play.

Khaira really regressed, he actually looked like he had some promise like .. 4 years ago.. never developed, maybe he looked good because the rest of the forwards were so poor.. anyways, too bad.
Next.

Kahun needs to start getting something done or give someone else a try.

When Haaaaaas is ready I hope he slides into #8's spot, let him sit, get his game in shape on the taxi squad

[Updated on: Thu, 28 January 2021 10:50]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773904 is a reply to message #773903 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 13:48

Lines tonight.
RNH - McD - JP
Kahun - leon - Yamo
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Arch

Nurse-Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie

Khaira really regressed, he actually looked like he had some promise like .. 4 years ago.. never developed, maybe he looked good because the rest of the forwards were so poor.. anyways, too bad.
Next.

When Haaaaaas is ready I hope he slides into #8's spot, let him sit, get his game in shape on the taxi squad

They could always swap RNH and Kahun. Reunite RNH-Drai-Yamo.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773906 is a reply to message #773904 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 10:55

Lines tonight.
RNH - McD - JP
Kahun - leon - Yamo
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Arch

Nurse-Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie

Next.

The coach is looking for lines that work on a consistent basis. You have a line in Kahun - Leon - Yamo that is scoring and grossly out playing and out chancing whoever they go up against. So that line works pretty well. The Nuge - McD - JP lines seems to be starting to gel. Nuge had an awful start to the year and JP is only played 2 games but it looks like it could work.

But you want change the only line that has worked from game 1 in the Leon line, the put McD with a guy who's barely played North American hockey in 23 months in JP and a brand new, never played with the guy before in Kahun. WHY exactly?

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773911 is a reply to message #773906 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 14:06

Lines tonight.
RNH - McD - JP
Kahun - leon - Yamo
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Arch

Nurse-Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie

Next.

The coach is looking for lines that work on a consistent basis. You have a line in Kahun - Leon - Yamo that is scoring and grossly out playing and out chancing whoever they go up against. So that line works pretty well. The Nuge - McD - JP lines seems to be starting to gel. Nuge had an awful start to the year and JP is only played 2 games but it looks like it could work.

But you want change the only line that has worked from game 1 in the Leon line, the put McD with a guy who's barely played North American hockey in 23 months in JP and a brand new, never played with the guy before in Kahun. WHY exactly?

Cool your jets there Turbo...

RNH-Drai-Yamo was one of the best lines in the NHL last year, if not the best. Kahun hasn't looked bad, but he just hasn't produced. Maybe some time with the best player in the world would remedy that. It's not because Kahun is German that he needs to be stapled to Draisaitl's hip.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773920 is a reply to message #773911 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

Mike wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 10:28

Lines tonight.
RNH - McD - JP
Kahun - leon - Yamo
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Arch

Nurse-Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie

Next.

RNH-Drai-Yamo was one of the best lines in the NHL last year, if not the best. Kahun hasn't looked bad, but he just hasn't produced. Maybe some time with the best player in the world would remedy that. It's not because Kahun is German that he needs to be stapled to Draisaitl's hip.

And not to be the killjoy here, but they haven't outchanced their opponents 5x5, at least not according to how naturalstattrick.com defines a scoring chance. In fact they've not been great at all in that department with 36 SCF / 49 SCA. Extremely small samples, but Drai has performed marginally better with Yamamoto alone (6 SCF / 8 SCA) than with Kahun alone (3 SCF / 6 SCA), so I would try moving Kahun off that line before moving Yamamoto off.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20 202021&thruseason=20202021&stype=2&sit=5v5&s core=all&rate=n&team=EDM&vteam=ALL&view=wowy &loc=B&gpfilt=none&fd=2021-01-13&td=2021-05- 08&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8477934&p2=848094 6&p3=8479977&p4=0&p5=0

ETA: For comparison RNH/Drai/Yamamoto were 161 SCF / 135 SCA last year 5x5 and a ridiculous 28 GF / 8 GA (Kahun/Drai/Yams are an also good, but much smaller sample, 3 GF / 1 GA this year)

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20 192020&thruseason=20192020&stype=2&sit=5v5&s core=all&rate=n&team=EDM&vteam=ALL&view=wowy &loc=B&gpfilt=none&fd=2019-10-02&td=2020-04- 04&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8477934&p2=847997 7&p3=8476454&p4=0&p5=0

[Updated on: Thu, 28 January 2021 13:01]

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773936 is a reply to message #773920 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Goose wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 14:46

Mike wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 10:28

Lines tonight.
RNH - McD - JP
Kahun - leon - Yamo
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Arch

Nurse-Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie

Next.

And not to be the killjoy here, but they haven't outchanced their opponents 5x5, at least not according to how naturalstattrick.com defines a scoring chance. In fact they've not been great at all in that department with 36 SCF / 49 SCA. Extremely small samples, but Drai has performed marginally better with Yamamoto alone (6 SCF / 8 SCA) than with Kahun alone (3 SCF / 6 SCA), so I would try moving Kahun off that line before moving Yamamoto off.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20 202021&thruseason=20202021&stype=2&sit=5v5&s core=all&rate=n&team=EDM&vteam=ALL&view=wowy &loc=B&gpfilt=none&fd=2021-01-13&td=2021-05- 08&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8477934&p2=848094 6&p3=8479977&p4=0&p5=0

ETA: For comparison RNH/Drai/Yamamoto were 161 SCF / 135 SCA last year 5x5 and a ridiculous 28 GF / 8 GA (Kahun/Drai/Yams are an also good, but much smaller sample, 3 GF / 1 GA this year)

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20 192020&thruseason=20192020&stype=2&sit=5v5&s core=all&rate=n&team=EDM&vteam=ALL&view=wowy &loc=B&gpfilt=none&fd=2019-10-02&td=2020-04- 04&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8477934&p2=847997 7&p3=8476454&p4=0&p5=0

Yeah - sorta where I was coming from. They have been OK, but not world beaters. Maybe a swap of LWers in the top 6 could kickstart both lines.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773958 is a reply to message #773904 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

Lines tonight.
RNH - McD - JP
Kahun - leon - Yamo
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Arch

Nurse-Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie

Next.

The above would reguire a coach able to evaluate talent or admit to mistakes... neither of which have applied to TIPPETT so far.

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773959 is a reply to message #773958 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

watchman wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 19:11

Lines tonight.
RNH - McD - JP
Kahun - leon - Yamo
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Arch

Nurse-Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie

Next.

The above would reguire a coach able to evaluate talent or admit to mistakes... neither of which have applied to TIPPETT so far.

Have we ever thought that perhaps Connor is the driving force behind having Nuge with him?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773962 is a reply to message #773958 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 20:07 Go to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

watchman wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 18:11

Lines tonight.
RNH - McD - JP
Kahun - leon - Yamo
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Arch

Nurse-Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie

Next.

The issue hasn't been the Draisaitl line, so we don't really need to bolster it. If Tippett is looking at moving Nuge, it would need to be to the third line, in the hope of changing the fortunes there. The first couple lines aren't where the problems have been, so there's no huge need to move Nugent-Hopkins. This was a red herring in the playoffs too. McDavid, Draisaitl and Nugent-Hopkins all got their points. Yamamoto too. We need the defence to be better, we need the 3rd and 4th line to be better, we need the goaltending to be better. Nuge to Draisaitl's wing doesn't do anything for that at all.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773905 is a reply to message #773903 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 10:48

Lines tonight.
RNH - McD - JP
Kahun - leon - Yamo
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Arch

Nurse-Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie

Next.

I agree At some point Kahun needs to get some points but I am not prepared to say he's regressing. This is his 3rd year in the NHL and being on the Sabres at the end of last season, he's barely played any hockey in a year. With no camp and no preseason, it's going to take some guys more time to get going. With only 8 games in and the schedule being even more compressed than usual that they practice even less, I think it's a bit early to be thinking swapping him out. I'd be more concerned if he wasn't scoring points AND a disaster defensively while being play killer which is isn't.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773913 is a reply to message #773905 ]

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 10:56

Lines tonight.
RNH - McD - JP
Kahun - leon - Yamo
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Arch

Nurse-Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie

Next.

I agree At some point Kahun needs to get some points but I am not prepared to say he's regressing. This is his 3rd year in the NHL and being on the Sabres at the end of last season, he's barely played any hockey in a year. With no camp and no preseason, it's going to take some guys more time to get going. With only 8 games in and the schedule being even more compressed than usual that they practice even less, I think it's a bit early to be thinking swapping him out. I'd be more concerned if he wasn't scoring points AND a disaster defensively while being play killer which is isn't.

A change of scenery would not hurt Kahun. Maybe a game where he switches spots with Nuge? It's not like we would see a regression in production from either wing. Kahun has been abysmal points production-wise and Nuge has chemistry with both centers.

Damn Tipp....Needs a cup of calm the old man stubbornness down.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773916 is a reply to message #773905 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 10:56

Lines tonight.
RNH - McD - JP
Kahun - leon - Yamo
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Arch

Nurse-Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie

Next.

Are you reading from Tippet's Journal?

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773910 is a reply to message #773903 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Lines tonight.
RNH - McD - JP
Kahun - leon - Yamo
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Arch

Nurse-Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie

Next.

Sad really. JJ was given many opportunities and wasn't forced into positions where he was swimming in the deep end without a life jacket. I had hopes he could turn out to be a less lazy Dustin Penner, but now he just a skinnier non DJ'ing retired Penner. The only DP (that's for you Oscargasm) I see in his game is the unwillingness to bring it every game.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773925 is a reply to message #773910 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 11:25

Lines tonight.
RNH - McD - JP
Kahun - leon - Yamo
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Arch

Nurse-Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie

Next.

Sad really. JJ was given many opportunities and wasn't forced into positions where he was swimming in the deep end without a life jacket. I had hopes he could turn out to be a less lazy Dustin Penner, but now he just a skinnier non DJ'ing retired Penner. The only DP (that's for you Oscargasm) I see in his game is the unwillingness to bring it every game.

With Bakersfield now going, I'd be sending Khaira down and using his spot on the roster or taxi squad for someone else. It's pretty apparent the only reason he got in last game was Tippett wanted to send a message to Shore. He played the first 2 and was brutal, sat for 5 in a row, gets in for 1, then the coach can't get you out of the line up fast enough after 1 game. Tippett said he's looking for answers, especially in the bottom 6, pretty obvious he doesn't see Khaira as an answer. Time to move on.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 January 2021 12:55]

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773908 is a reply to message #773883 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

At least we know, win or lose, we are getting the opposite result in two days.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773912 is a reply to message #773908 ]
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 11:18

At least we know, win or lose, we are getting the opposite result in two days.

Earning the split is of paramount importance. A team must get their split

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773909 is a reply to message #773883 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Gene is back tonight!!!

https://twitter.com/geneprincipe/status/1354851915973095426? s=21

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773914 is a reply to message #773909 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 11:24

Gene is back tonight!!!

https://twitter.com/geneprincipe/status/1354851915973095426? s=21

Mean Gene's first appearance with the Oilers was at the beginning of the decade(s?) of darkness. Maybe he got rid of the bad juju? Decade of Greatness coming?

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773918 is a reply to message #773883 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Tipp on Koskinen’s workload, “Smith looks like he is a ways off, so hopefully he (Koskinen) holds up.”

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773921 is a reply to message #773918 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 11:38

Tipp on Koskinen’s workload, “Smith looks like he is a ways off, so hopefully he (Koskinen) holds up.”

Smith was a ways off from being a backup two years ago. I do not see how sitting Skinner on the bench does anything for his development or his mental well-being. If I am him, I am grateful for the NHL paycheque, but I am leaving the organization as soon as I can. Tippett has basically said you are a practice goalie with zero upside.

On all days this was a bad take. Bell Let's Talk says give the kid a shot. Both Koskinen and Skinner need this.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 January 2021 11:55]

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773922 is a reply to message #773918 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Has it come out what happened to Smith? I'm still baffled how he could be on the bench night one ready to play if needed then at most 20 hours later he's on LTIR missing a month not having skated a single lap.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773923 is a reply to message #773922 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 12:15

Has it come out what happened to Smith? I'm still baffled how he could be on the bench night one ready to play if needed then at most 20 hours later he's on LTIR missing a month not having skated a single lap.

He's old.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773933 is a reply to message #773923 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

Pure old school ignorance not playing Staurt - shameful if you ask me.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773940 is a reply to message #773933 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 13:29

Hey, if the kid gets lit up, we'll blame the coach, just like we blame the coach every time Koskinen gets lit up. OK, we don't, but second-guesser Tippett can't see that.

If Stuart plays a great game, and impresses, that would be a major embarrassment to the management. Not part of the season's planning, no one would get credit except the kid, the press would have a positive story out of Edmonton- UNACCEPTABLE.

That said, I think he gets demolished if he plays. golf

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773941 is a reply to message #773940 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 14:33

Hey, if the kid gets lit up, we'll blame the coach, just like we blame the coach every time Koskinen gets lit up. OK, we don't, but second-guesser Tippett can't see that.

If Stuart plays a great game, and impresses, that would be a major embarrassment to the management. Not part of the season's planning, no one would get credit except the kid, the press would have a positive story out of Edmonton- UNACCEPTABLE.

We go from throwing raw kids into the fire to over ripening them to the point we want to toss them in the compost bin and call them garbage.

There needs to be a happy medium. We may as well have David Ayres on the bench.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773949 is a reply to message #773941 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 14:42

We go from throwing raw kids into the fire to over ripening them to the point we want to toss them in the compost bin and call them garbage.

There is nothing in Skinner's stats that suggest to me he's going to be Jordan Binnington. There's a lot to suggest he'd get blown out at the NHL level. He's practicing with the team, and presumably Tippett's getting lots of chances to see him giving our shooters all kinds of confidence by letting huge numbers of pucks past him. He had a .894 save percentage in the ECHL last year. The team is in bad need of a win. You can't risk a game by starting a mediocre ECHL 'tender.

Maybe when the Grosvenick gets to join the squad he'll get a game, but I don't think there's any way anyone should consider putting Stuart Skinner in unless Koskinen's had a limb amputated or something equally dire.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773951 is a reply to message #773949 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 16:18

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 28 January 2021 14:42

Binnington also has over 4 yrs in the minors.

There is nothing in Skinner's stats that suggest to me he's going to be Jordan Binnington. There's a lot to suggest he'd get blown out at the NHL level. He's practicing with the team, and presumably Tippett's getting lots of chances to see him giving our shooters all kinds of confidence by letting huge numbers of pucks past him. He had a .894 save percentage in the ECHL last year. The team is in bad need of a win. You can't risk a game by starting a mediocre ECHL 'tender.

Maybe when the Grosvenick gets to join the squad he'll get a game, but I don't think there's any way anyone should consider putting Stuart Skinner in unless Koskinen's had a limb amputated or something equally dire.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773942 is a reply to message #773933 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

WHY? He's got 2 years of pro hockey, one of the year he was almost exclusively in the ECHL. He's not close to being ready. The only reason why he's on the bench is Smith the back up got hurt and the Oilers lost their 3rd stringer in a paper shuffling fiasco. The new guy hasn't passed his quarantine time limit yet to come into the country. He shouldn't even be on the team right now.

Playing him would be stupid.

Re: Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9) [message #773938 is a reply to message #773883 ]
Thu, 28 January 2021 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Ugh, Nurse-Bear are the "top pairing" on D. If the Leafs don't sodomize the Oil tonight, I will be pleasantly surprised.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Previous Topic:GDT: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #9)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #8)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca