This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Shore signed, 700K 2way deal
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Shore signed, 700K 2way deal [message #771737]
Wed, 13 January 2021 09:51 Go to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Per the team;

The #Oilers have signed forward Devin Shore to a one-year, two-way contract with an AAV of $700,000 & have placed him on waivers. #LetsGoOilers 

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Shore signed, 700K 2way deal [message #771739 is a reply to message #771737 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Nice I like that especially on a 2 way deal. My guess is Shore takes the 4th line center spot as soon as he clears.

Re: Shore signed, 700K 2way deal [message #771747 is a reply to message #771739 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Looks like a fairly good bet for 8-10 goals in an 82 game season. so we can hope for 6ish if he plays all 56.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Shore signed, 700K 2way deal [message #771763 is a reply to message #771739 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 13 January 2021 08:53

Nice I like that especially on a 2 way deal. My guess is Shore takes the 4th line center spot as soon as he clears.

I like that we actually have some options this year, we have a choice of McLeod, Haaas, Shore, JJK for #4 C, compared to R. Sheahan last year..

I haven't seen Shore, or if I did, I don't remember, but from all reports he's a hustler, good on the forecheck, a pest, so we'll see how he compares to JJK, JJ's been lacking urgency and tenacity the last year or two, maybe after his one good year he thought he was a goal scorer..

Its going to be interesting to see who rises to the top this season, lots of hedge bets made by the Oil, see which ones pan out, as well as the prospects..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Shore signed, 700K 2way deal [message #771769 is a reply to message #771763 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 13 January 2021 11:59

I like that we actually have some options this year, we have a choice of McLeod, Haaas, Shore, JJK for #4 C, compared to R. Sheahan last year..

I haven't seen Shore, or if I did, I don't remember, but from all reports he's a hustler, good on the forecheck, a pest, so we'll see how he compares to JJK, JJ's been lacking urgency and tenacity the last year or two, maybe after his one good year he thought he was a goal scorer..

Its going to be interesting to see who rises to the top this season, lots of hedge bets made by the Oil, see which ones pan out, as well as the prospects..

I like that there is legit REAL NHLer options finally. No disrespect intended because he gives the team what he has but I do not see a guy like P.Russell striking a lot of fear into anyone on the team when it comes to losing a spot. Guy like Russell, Jurco, Cave(RIP buddy), Granlund, all played games last year for the Oilers. None of those guys are NHLers in my opinion. When completely healthy, one of Neal or Chiasson is probably not playing every night. Then you factor in Shore. I personally like Haas and Nygard as a players. Most of those guys for sure can play on other NHL teams and if the team is health, some might not play at all. Big step up in depth.

Re: Shore signed, 700K 2way deal [message #771770 is a reply to message #771769 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 13 January 2021 11:19

I like that there is legit REAL NHLer options finally. No disrespect intended because he gives the team what he has but I do not see a guy like P.Russell striking a lot of fear into anyone on the team when it comes to losing a spot. Guy like Russell, Jurco, Cave(RIP buddy), Granlund, all played games last year for the Oilers. None of those guys are NHLers in my opinion. When completely healthy, one of Neal or Chiasson is probably not playing every night. Then you factor in Shore. I personally like Haas and Nygard as a players. Most of those guys for sure can play on other NHL teams and if the team is health, some might not play at all. Big step up in depth.

Yeah I think Patty Russell is pretty far down the line up options, not sure what the Oil see there..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Shore signed, 700K 2way deal [message #771781 is a reply to message #771763 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

I believe it's spelled "Haaaas"

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Shore signed, 700K 2way deal [message #771783 is a reply to message #771781 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 13 January 2021 12:29

I believe it's spelled "Haaaas"

You're right of course.. apologies Mr. Haaaas!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Shore signed, 700K 2way deal [message #771986 is a reply to message #771783 ]
Thu, 14 January 2021 10:37 Go to previous message

3 Cups

Shore cleared waivers. I wonder if they add him to the roster and put him in place of Khaira.

Previous Topic:Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #1)
Next Topic:GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #1)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca