This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers 2021 training camp rosterPages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771994 is a reply to message #771989 ]
Thu, 14 January 2021 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Heard on Lowetide from puckpedia that if the Oilers put in a claim and they are the only ones that do so, they could send him down as it would be like the Canes didn't take him in the first place and nothing happened so he clears. Oiler get first crack. I'd assume they would do so and hope no one else puts in a claim as the Canes would have been pretty high up in the standings to claim in.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #772032 is a reply to message #771831 ]
Thu, 14 January 2021 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 13 January 2021 16:01

I know it's just business, but this ended up being kind of a d#ck move to Forsberg. Canes just claimed as insurance, but now don't need him and are trying to trade him. He's just sitting in Edmonton waiting to see where he has to go.

Chris Johnston @reporterchris
A note on goaltender Anton Forsberg: He's remained in Edmonton since being claimed on waivers by Carolina this week. Now that the #hurricanes passed Alex Nedeljkovic through waivers and assigned him to their taxi squad, they're taking calls on Forsberg.

Should Forsberg end up with a Canadian team -- perhaps even back with the #oilers -- he won't have to observe a 14-day quarantine since he stayed where he was and didn't cross the border.

That is a TOTAL dick move, they tell the guy Hey, we don't want you, we have better goaltenders, good luck see ya.. he goes out on the market.. finds a team that actually wants him, with a real chance to play some NHL games since their backup is a question, and no one currently in the minors to bring up.. guy could actually work his way into a backup job for next year.. so for the chance at a job he signs for near league minimum.. then he practices with the team ALL summer and fall.. future looks good..

Then .. Carolina (the team that punted him 5 months ago) decides they'll claim him off waivers, ruin his chances in Edmonton, not because they want him as a player, but so they can sell him for some nickels and dimes.. total dick move.. the kind of move that as a NHL player you look at and wonder if you actually want to ever sign there.. If they did it in case they lost the other guy, then its just as bad, ruin a guys career chances for some roster juggling. Now the guy is in limbo.

If I'm Forsberg I'm absolutely pissed.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 January 2021 16:14]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #772039 is a reply to message #772032 ]
Thu, 14 January 2021 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 16:05

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 13 January 2021 16:01

I know it's just business, but this ended up being kind of a d#ck move to Forsberg. Canes just claimed as insurance, but now don't need him and are trying to trade him. He's just sitting in Edmonton waiting to see where he has to go.

Chris Johnston @reporterchris
A note on goaltender Anton Forsberg: He's remained in Edmonton since being claimed on waivers by Carolina this week. Now that the #hurricanes passed Alex Nedeljkovic through waivers and assigned him to their taxi squad, they're taking calls on Forsberg.

Should Forsberg end up with a Canadian team -- perhaps even back with the #oilers -- he won't have to observe a 14-day quarantine since he stayed where he was and didn't cross the border.

That is a TOTAL dick move, they tell the guy Hey, we don't want you, we have better goaltenders, good luck see ya.. he goes out on the market.. finds a team that actually wants him, with a real chance to play some NHL games since their backup is a question, and no one currently in the minors to bring up.. guy could actually work his way into a backup job for next year.. so for the chance at a job he signs for near league minimum.. then he practices with the team ALL summer and fall.. future looks good..

Then .. Carolina (the team that punted him 5 months ago) decides they'll claim him off waivers, ruin his chances in Edmonton, not because they want him as a player, but so they can sell him for some nickels and dimes.. total dick move.. the kind of move that as a NHL player you look at and wonder if you actually want to ever sign there.. If they did it in case they lost the other guy, then its just as bad, ruin a guys career chances for some roster juggling. Now the guy is in limbo.

If I'm Forsberg I'm absolutely pissed.

Meh - any time you're claimed on waivers as a player it is a good thing. It means you stay on an NHL roster for a little longer. Forsberg is on a one-way contract anyhow, so it makes no difference to him economically, but still better to be on the 23-man list.

I'm not clear why Carolina would worry about putting the other guy through waivers - his stats are nothing to write home about - but it definitely isn't the year you want to get stuck with a substandard #3 goalie, so I can kind of see why they did it. Probably saves us a tiny bit of money to have him spend 3-4 days on their roster, so there's that?

He must have known right away what their plan was, since he never left Edmonton.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #773026 is a reply to message #771102 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Wasn’t sure where to put this. Sounds like Neal is close. Here’s lines from practice today;

RNH-McDavid-Kassian
Kahun-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Archibald

Nygard-Khaira-Chiasson Extras.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #773027 is a reply to message #773026 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 10:22

Wasn’t sure where to put this. Sounds like Neal is close. Here’s lines from practice today;

RNH-McDavid-Kassian
Kahun-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Archibald

That lazy bot won't put up the pregame thread for tomorrow's game until 1am. Glad to hear Neal's nearly back!

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #773030 is a reply to message #773027 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

MJ wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 12:27

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 10:22

RNH-McDavid-Kassian
Kahun-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Archibald

That lazy bot won't put up the pregame thread for tomorrow's game until 1am. Glad to hear Neal's nearly back!

That darn bot!

Agreed. Will/should be an injection of a voice this team needs to get up and a proper net front guy on that top unit.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #773028 is a reply to message #773026 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 11:22

RNH-McDavid-Kassian
Kahun-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Archibald

Other than Shore being the 4th line center, I thought Haas was the best option prior to Shore even being on a PTO but Haas isn't available yet, those are the lines I had in my head as the best the Oilers could offer. I look at those 4 line and there is legit scoring threats on every line.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #773033 is a reply to message #773028 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 12:26 Go to previous message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 11:37

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 11:22

RNH-McDavid-Kassian
Kahun-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Archibald

Other than Shore being the 4th line center, I thought Haas was the best option prior to Shore even being on a PTO but Haas isn't available yet, those are the lines I had in my head as the best the Oilers could offer. I look at those 4 line and there is legit scoring threats on every line.

It's the 12 best players I think.

I'd probably flip RNH/Kahun and Kassian/Archibald to see if we can get a little more going 5-on-5.

Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4]  
Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca