This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers 2021 training camp rosterPages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771626 is a reply to message #771102 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

Well, David Ayers is still available.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771629 is a reply to message #771102 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

So Bouchard makes the opening night roster with #KowboyRuss as the 3rd goalie?

Skinner was tremendous in the A last year... .892 sv% and that was with Keegan Lowe in front of him. We don’t have anyone with that superior bloodline with the big club.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771632 is a reply to message #771629 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I don't get how some GM's think. The Canes had Forsberg last year. He signed a 1 yr, league minimum deal with the Oilers. If they liked him, why didn't they just sign him rather than pick him up on waivers.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771633 is a reply to message #771632 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 11:51

I don't get how some GM's think. The Canes had Forsberg last year. He signed a 1 yr, league minimum deal with the Oilers. If they liked him, why didn't they just sign him rather than pick him up on waivers.

Maybe the player wanted a change of scenery? Perhaps they couldn’t come to terms ala Edm and AA resulting in the player taking less elsewhere after the dust settled. It’s not all one direction.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771634 is a reply to message #771633 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Of all the guys the Oilers put on waivers, I did not think the goalie was the one that would get picked. I thought an outside chance Khaira may have got picked but was expecting them all to clear.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771635 is a reply to message #771634 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 10:07

Of all the guys the Oilers put on waivers, I did not think the goalie was the one that would get picked. I thought an outside chance Khaira may have got picked but was expecting them all to clear.

Khaira might have already had more than enough opportunity here to prove himself, but hasn’t done it consistently. Not sure he’s gonna get scooped up when teams have the option to give that ice time to a rookie they already had in their system.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771654 is a reply to message #771635 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 10:14

Khaira might have already had more than enough opportunity here to prove himself, but hasn’t done it consistently. Not sure he’s gonna get scooped up when teams have the option to give that ice time to a rookie they already had in their system.

Agree.. JJ was showing some steady improvement every year, enough to think he had some higher potential, until a couple years ago, Oilers didn't have better options then so he stuck around, now they think they might. I've always pulled for the kid since they drafted him up in PG, just seems like he's stalled out at his current level.

Regarding Forsberg, I was a little worried about him getting picked off, after listening to people talk about Forsberg and what a good pick up he was, and that he had a lot of unrealized potential, I was thinking he might actually be good enough to eventually take over the No.2 roll from Smith during the season or playoffs..
When he was put on waivers I was hoping there were better goalie options on waivers out there for teams.. looks like Carolina did some homework as well, oh wait.. yeah, they actually had him in their system, so I guess they already had the homework.. real Bummer.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 January 2021 13:13]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771656 is a reply to message #771654 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 13:05

Agree.. JJ was showing some steady improvement every year, enough to think he had some higher potential, until a couple years ago, Oilers didn't have better options then so he stuck around, now they think they might. I've always pulled for the kid since they drafted him up in PG, just seems like he's stalled out at his current level.

Regarding Forsberg, I was a little worried about him getting picked off, after listening to people talk about Forsberg and what a good pick up he was, and that he had a lot of unrealized potential, I was thinking he might actually be good enough to eventually take over the No.2 roll from Smith during the season or playoffs..
When he was put on waivers I was hoping there were better goalie options on waivers out there for teams.. looks like Carolina did some homework as well, oh wait.. yeah, they actually had him in their system, so I guess they already had the homework.. real Bummer.

Khaira’s double digit goal season will probably remain his career high. Last season he was very snake bitten or he probably pots one or two more. Big guy, not quite Laraque-esque on the forecheck but decent. Overall he has a limited toolkit and probably won’t remain an NHLer long term.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 January 2021 13:46]

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771658 is a reply to message #771656 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 13:21

Khaira’s double digit goal season will probably remain his career high. Last season he was very snake bitten or he probably pots one or two more. Big hug, not quite Laraque-esque on the forecheck but decent. Overall he has a limited toolkit and probably won’t remain an NHLer long term.

I think every team has a Khaira or 2 on their roster. A guy who should be able to be a contributing, everyday player, shows you the odd glimpse of what he can do when he applies himself but on the whole is inconsistent. If he was small, I bet he wouldn't be in the league. Maybe going on waivers and no one picking him up was the shot across the bow he needed to pick up his game.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771662 is a reply to message #771658 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 12:26

Khaira’s double digit goal season will probably remain his career high. Last season he was very snake bitten or he probably pots one or two more. Big hug, not quite Laraque-esque on the forecheck but decent. Overall he has a limited toolkit and probably won’t remain an NHLer long term.

I think every team has a Khaira or 2 on their roster. A guy who should be able to be a contributing, everyday player, shows you the odd glimpse of what he can do when he applies himself but on the whole is inconsistent. If he was small, I bet he wouldn't be in the league. Maybe going on waivers and no one picking him up was the shot across the bow he needed to pick up his game.

And teams would probably spend their ice time on a guy in their system them know, or give that ice time to a younger guy they want to develop. Rather than gambling with a guy who seems to have already peaked and still lacks consistency.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771668 is a reply to message #771662 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 12:44

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 12:26

And teams would probably spend their ice time on a guy in their system them know, or give that ice time to a younger guy they want to develop. Rather than gambling with a guy who seems to have already peaked and still lacks consistency.

That's where JJK is now on the Oil, he's at the age where he's getting to the "what-you-see-is-what-he-is" zone, peak upside, Oil probably would rather use the roster spot to develop a younger player, or one they think has more upside, if their play is currently equivalent. Plus he's more expensive, even at 1.2M. I could really see McLeod or Shore taking the #4 C.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771637 is a reply to message #771633 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 10:55

Maybe the player wanted a change of scenery? Perhaps they couldn’t come to terms ala Edm and AA resulting in the player taking less elsewhere after the dust settled. It’s not all one direction.

Apparently, knowing who he is, they decided he's a better choice at #3 than Nedeljkovic...which seems like a good reason not to take that guy off waivers today and rather to wait to see what else shakes free.

It's a shame that this didn't happen earlier, so that we'd have been able to take Comrie or Reimer or someone else available yesterday.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771642 is a reply to message #771637 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 11:27

Apparently, knowing who he is, they decided he's a better choice at #3 than Nedeljkovic...which seems like a good reason not to take that guy off waivers today and rather to wait to see what else shakes free.

It's a shame that this didn't happen earlier, so that we'd have been able to take Comrie or Reimer or someone else available yesterday.

When was Reimer available yesterday? Here is the transaction list and he wasn't on it.
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/transactions

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771643 is a reply to message #771642 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 11:31

Adam wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 11:27

When was Reimer available yesterday? Here is the transaction list and he wasn't on it.
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/transactions

I think 6 years of Jan Reimer was enough, thank you very much. Edmonton needs to move on.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771655 is a reply to message #771102 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Zac Fucale is still out there, might be better than Skinner.

Appears that Carolina will have to keep Forsberg on their active roster now, plus he has a one-way contract, so we might get him back if Carolina needs to waive him off their roster for any reason.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 January 2021 14:03]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771699 is a reply to message #771102 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Oilers taxi squad: LW Tyler Benson, C Ryan McLeod, LW Joakim Nygard, RW Patrick Russell, LW Alan Quine and G Stuart Skinner

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771708 is a reply to message #771699 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 17:24

Oilers taxi squad: LW Tyler Benson, C Ryan McLeod, LW Joakim Nygard, RW Patrick Russell, LW Alan Quine and G Stuart Skinner

JJK, Chaisson, Archibald, are on a short leash this year if they stop pulling the wagon they'll be quickly replaced.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771728 is a reply to message #771708 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 20:45

JJK, Chaisson, Archibald, are on a short leash this year if they stop pulling the wagon they'll be quickly replaced.

I think Archibald has a long leash. He plays hard, skates well and is a big part of the PK. I think Chiasson could be interchangeable with Neal as they play similar roles those Neal is the better goal scorer so maybe Chiasson's leash is a bit shorter.

I think Khaira has an extremely short leash. I read in 31 thoughts his name has been out there for trade for awhile. When you waive a player, you have decided you are pretty comfortable if you lose him for nothing. That says a lot to me. I have to think if Haas was available, he wouldn't even be in the line up. He needs to bring it and bring it every game.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771710 is a reply to message #771699 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Not one defenseman? Ok.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771711 is a reply to message #771710 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Xombie wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 21:53

Not one defenseman? Ok.

I'm guessing it is because they kept 9 on the active roster.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771713 is a reply to message #771711 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

PlusOne wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 19:55

Not one defenseman? Ok.

Oh then it's because of cap/lawyer/salary reasons. Yay sports in 2021!

Does the taxi squad stay separated from the team so if there's an outbreak then they will be the uninfected white knights that ride in to the rescue?

Imagine like 6 Oiler defensemen all at once are suddenly "unfit to play" and none are safely on the taxi squad?

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771717 is a reply to message #771713 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Xombie wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 21:01

Not one defenseman? Ok.

Does the taxi squad stay separated from the team so if there's an outbreak then they will be the uninfected white knights that ride in to the rescue?

Imagine like 6 Oiler defensemen all at once are suddenly "unfit to play" and none are safely on the taxi squad?

My understanding is that the taxi squad travels and practices with the team.

Where is the AHL team playing this year? I never heard where that landed...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771722 is a reply to message #771717 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 13 January 2021 00:25

Not one defenseman? Ok.

It’s going to be a logistical nightmare. They’re playing in Bakersfield. There was a tweet from the condors broadcaster, Ryan Holt, the other day where he said hello old friend (or something like that) and shared a pic of the arena in Bakersfield starting to get set up.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771828 is a reply to message #771717 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daftmonk  is currently offline Daftmonk

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 23:25

Not one defenseman? Ok.

This is where it ended up landing

https://theahl.com/28-teams-participate-2020-21-season

Toronto, Winnipeg, Montreal and Ottawa have a pretty big advantage having Canadian farm teams.

https://kmdjr15omhn2w5r191hex041-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2021/01/20alignment_full28.jpg

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." — Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771773 is a reply to message #771102 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

So any cap geniuses know what happened here?

Looks like the Oilers decided to try to add more players to the roster to get as close to Klef's 4.167M salary as they could (2 guys put on IR and filled in with 2 more contracts put on the roster).

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/oilers

Now using $3,805,824 of LTIR, and capfriendly says we have $0 left. So I guess we are just losing out on ~300k of cap space because we couldn't get under the cap before the start of the season?

[Updated on: Wed, 13 January 2021 12:51]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771831 is a reply to message #771102 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I know it's just business, but this ended up being kind of a d#ck move to Forsberg. Canes just claimed as insurance, but now don't need him and are trying to trade him. He's just sitting in Edmonton waiting to see where he has to go.

Chris Johnston @reporterchris
A note on goaltender Anton Forsberg: He's remained in Edmonton since being claimed on waivers by Carolina this week. Now that the #hurricanes passed Alex Nedeljkovic through waivers and assigned him to their taxi squad, they're taking calls on Forsberg.

Should Forsberg end up with a Canadian team -- perhaps even back with the #oilers -- he won't have to observe a 14-day quarantine since he stayed where he was and didn't cross the border.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771834 is a reply to message #771831 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 13 January 2021 18:01

I know it's just business, but this ended up being kind of a d#ck move to Forsberg. Canes just claimed as insurance, but now don't need him and are trying to trade him. He's just sitting in Edmonton waiting to see where he has to go.

Chris Johnston @reporterchris
A note on goaltender Anton Forsberg: He's remained in Edmonton since being claimed on waivers by Carolina this week. Now that the #hurricanes passed Alex Nedeljkovic through waivers and assigned him to their taxi squad, they're taking calls on Forsberg.

Should Forsberg end up with a Canadian team -- perhaps even back with the #oilers -- he won't have to observe a 14-day quarantine since he stayed where he was and didn't cross the border.

Big time wiener move. Buncha jerks.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771835 is a reply to message #771834 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Trade to Oilers for future consids...?

Clean house or bust

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771838 is a reply to message #771835 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 13 January 2021 17:20

I don't believe you can trade a player who you've claimed on waivers until he's passed through the whole league. He's on their active roster unless they waive him too - so they may have no other option but to put him back on waivers - and if no one else claims him, he's an Oiler again.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771839 is a reply to message #771838 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 13 January 2021 17:35

I don't believe you can trade a player who you've claimed on waivers until he's passed through the whole league. He's on their active roster unless they waive him too - so they may have no other option but to put him back on waivers - and if no one else claims him, he's an Oiler again.

As the team that lost him, do the Oilers not get first dibs?

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771842 is a reply to message #771839 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

welcometotheOC wrote on Wed, 13 January 2021 17:44

I think he has to pass the rest of the way through waivers - otherwise we can't assign him without putting him through waivers again.

If there were other claims on him, then they'd get him before us.

I remember this coming in to play a couple of times:
In 1995-96, the Canucks signed Glenn Anderson but he had to pass through waivers. The Oilers and Blues both claimed him but the Oilers had preference. Anderson didn't want to play on the also-ran Oilers and was a bit miserable about it. Sather let him move on late in the season to the Blues, who sent the Oilers David Roberts for future considerations in order to entice us to waive #9.

Len Esau was, I think, the first player to move directly between the Oilers and the Flames. Flames waived him, Oilers picked him up, played him for 14 games, then waived him and he went back to the Flames - I think he's both the first player to move from the Flames to the Oilers AND the first player to move from the Oilers to the Flames.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771849 is a reply to message #771842 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 13 January 2021 17:50

I think he has to pass the rest of the way through waivers - otherwise we can't assign him without putting him through waivers again.

In 1995-96, the Canucks signed Glenn Anderson but he had to pass through waivers. The Oilers and Blues both claimed him but the Oilers had preference. Anderson didn't want to play on the also-ran Oilers and was a bit miserable about it. Sather let him move on late in the season to the Blues, who sent the Oilers David Roberts for future considerations in order to entice us to waive #9.

Len Esau was, I think, the first player to move directly between the Oilers and the Flames. Flames waived him, Oilers picked him up, played him for 14 games, then waived him and he went back to the Flames - I think he's both the first player to move from the Flames to the Oilers AND the first player to move from the Oilers to the Flames.

Do we know if there were other claims (admits didn’t check).

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771917 is a reply to message #771849 ]
Wed, 13 January 2021 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

welcometotheOC wrote on Wed, 13 January 2021 18:24

Adam wrote on Wed, 13 January 2021 17:50

Do we know if there were other claims (admits didn’t check).

I don't think the league releases that information.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771977 is a reply to message #771917 ]
Thu, 14 January 2021 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Looks like Forsberg could be on his way back. On waivers now from Carolina...

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771978 is a reply to message #771977 ]
Thu, 14 January 2021 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 10:09

What the hell? Is Carolina just being a bunch of jerks? You pick him up only to put him on waivers 2 days later?

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771982 is a reply to message #771978 ]
Thu, 14 January 2021 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 11:12

What the hell? Is Carolina just being a bunch of jerks? You pick him up only to put him on waivers 2 days later?

Seems they claimed him as insurance in case their other dude was claimed.

I don’t know the rules on it... but if we’re successful in claiming him back, do we have to waive him (again) to get him on the taxi squad?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771985 is a reply to message #771982 ]
Thu, 14 January 2021 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 10:31

I don’t know the rules on it... but if we’re successful in claiming him back, do we have to waive him (again) to get him on the taxi squad?

I'm assuming that if the Oilers pick him up, they'd have to keep him on the roster.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #772028 is a reply to message #771985 ]
Thu, 14 January 2021 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 10:34

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 10:31

I'm assuming that if the Oilers pick him up, they'd have to keep him on the roster.

Nope - if we get him back, it's because he's gone through the whole league - so we can assign him. No one else can if they claim him.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771983 is a reply to message #771978 ]
Thu, 14 January 2021 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 10:12

They waived their goalie and claimed ours incase their guy was claimed. I guess we could have done the same and ended up just swapping goalies :)

oops, Oscargasm beat me to it. Why is my computer telling me to correct Oscargasm? That's in the dictionary isn't it? Adding it to PC's outdated dictionary.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771989 is a reply to message #771983 ]
Thu, 14 January 2021 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 11:31

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 10:12

They waived their goalie and claimed ours incase their guy was claimed. I guess we could have done the same and ended up just swapping goalies :)

oops, Oscargasm beat me to it. Why is my computer telling me to correct Oscargasm? That's in the dictionary isn't it? Adding it to PC's outdated dictionary.

I expect this show of respect to continue. icon_wink

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771994 is a reply to message #771989 ]
Thu, 14 January 2021 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Heard on Lowetide from puckpedia that if the Oilers put in a claim and they are the only ones that do so, they could send him down as it would be like the Canes didn't take him in the first place and nothing happened so he clears. Oiler get first crack. I'd assume they would do so and hope no one else puts in a claim as the Canes would have been pretty high up in the standings to claim in.

Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca