This day on April 18
None

Happy Birthday To: spaz44, Formica, JDmassive, timothyparis12

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers 2021 training camp rosterPages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771460 is a reply to message #771456 ]
Sun, 10 January 2021 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

A few players on waivers for assignment to Bakersfield. a few more assigned to the Condors.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-make-roster-m oves/c-320163950

"There are now 33 players in camp, including three goaltenders, 10 defencemen and 20 forwards.

The Oilers have assigned the following players to Bakersfield:

Cooper Marody (C)

Markus Niemelainen (D)

Stuart Skinner (G)

The Oilers have placed the following two players on waivers for the purpose of being assigned to Bakersfield:

Adam Cracknell (RW)

Seth Griffith (C) "

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771519 is a reply to message #771102 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Today, on 1-800-GOT-JUNK Waiver Day;

The #Oilers have placed the following players on waivers:

・Jujhar Khaira
・Patrick Russell
・Joakim Nygard
・Anton Forsberg
・Alan Quine

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771520 is a reply to message #771102 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

・Jujhar Khaira
・Patrick Russell
・Joakim Nygard
・Anton Forsberg
・Alan Quine

All on waivers today per the official team account

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771522 is a reply to message #771520 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Huuuuuge number of players on Waivers today. I'd think it unlikely anyone gets claimed for or from the Oilers.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771523 is a reply to message #771522 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 11:31

Huuuuuge number of players on Waivers today. I'd think it unlikely anyone gets claimed for or from the Oilers.

Cap hit is toooo big... but man would I like Derek Ryan for our 4C. Also think the flames are losing Kylington. I’m shocked, shocked!!, they waived him.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771525 is a reply to message #771523 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 10:32

Cap hit is toooo big... but man would I like Derek Ryan for our 4C. Also think the flames are losing Kylington. I’m shocked, shocked!!, they waived him.

I might prefer Reimer to Mike Smith...except that then we'd still be stuck with Mike Smith...

Gotta think New Jersey takes him.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771526 is a reply to message #771525 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 11:34

I might prefer Reimer to Mike Smith...except that then we'd still be stuck with Mike Smith...

Gotta think New Jersey takes him.

Oh boy, I didn’t see Reiner on there. I’m with ya on that, both would like to see him rather than Smith and with thinning NJ takes him.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771528 is a reply to message #771523 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Ryan being waived by the Flames makes no sense to me. He skates well, is a right shot, great on faceoffs, good on the PK. He had 10 goals, 29 pts in 68 games last year. Over 82 that's 12 goals, 35 pts. That's really good production for a 4th line center. Plus I look at their team and they are weak down the middle. Monahan is a second line center playing on the top line. Backlund is a 3rd line center who plays second line. I can't figure out who's the 3rd line center on their team and now they dumped their 4th line center. Bennett is not a center. They tried him, it doesn't work. I guess they could play Lindholm as your #2, Backlund as your #3 but you are dramatically downgrading your right wing.

If the Oilers are waiving Khaira, does that mean they are going to sign Shore?

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771529 is a reply to message #771528 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 11:38

Ryan being waived by the Flames makes no sense to me. He skates well, is a right shot, great on faceoffs, good on the PK. He had 10 goals, 29 pts in 68 games last year. Over 82 that's 12 goals, 35 pts. That's really good production for a 4th line center. Plus I look at their team and they are weak down the middle. Monahan is a second line center playing on the top line. Backlund is a 3rd line center who plays second line. I can't figure out who's the 3rd line center on their team and now they dumped their 4th line center. Bennett is not a center. They tried him, it doesn't work. I guess they could play Lindholm as your #2, Backlund as your #3 but you are dramatically downgrading your right wing.

Just because these guys are on waivers doesn’t mean they’re not on the opening night roster, just means they CAN be placed on taxi squad/AHL. With JJ, if, and I don’t personally think it happens, but if someone claims him then I expect they’ll sign Shore for League min.

With Ryan, he’s a great 4C. But is what, a 3M cap hit? All signs point to them wanting to try Bennett and Lindholm at C this year, so Ryan gets lost in the shuffle. Though again, as I said with the JJ stuff, just because these guys are put on waivers doesn’t mean they are for sure not in the big club lineup.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771530 is a reply to message #771529 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 10:45

Just because these guys are on waivers doesn’t mean they’re not on the opening night roster, just means they CAN be placed on taxi squad/AHL. With JJ, if, and I don’t personally think it happens, but if someone claims him then I expect they’ll sign Shore for League min.

I get that. They have to make moves to get under the cap if they want to have Klefbom's full LTIR to use so guys have to get waived. But if you are totally fine to put Khaira on waivers and risk losing him for nothing, that signals you are pretty comfortable if you lose him. It does give them some options if he clears but that has to be a shot across the bow to him.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771531 is a reply to message #771529 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 10:45

With Ryan, he’s a great 4C. But is what, a 3M cap hit? All signs point to them wanting to try Bennett and Lindholm at C this year, so Ryan gets lost in the shuffle. Though again, as I said with the JJ stuff, just because these guys are put on waivers doesn’t mean they are for sure not in the big club lineup.

You always see some surprising names on the list the day that there's a big waiver bulge too because teams think they are most likely to be able to sneak guys through. Better to do it now than in a couple days when there's less people on the list.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771532 is a reply to message #771531 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jakey  is currently offline Jakey

No Cups

The only guy I think a a very slim chance of getting picked up on waiver from today's list is Nygard. He has a small bit of offense from previous European teams and is cheap. Thinking of a team with cap space and needs some 4th line depth with speed and potential to score 5-8 goals. He could be scooped up...doubtful, but plausable for a team like Jersey, LA, Anaheim maybe.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771533 is a reply to message #771532 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Jakey wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 12:35

The only guy I think a a very slim chance of getting picked up on waiver from today's list is Nygard. He has a small bit of offense from previous European teams and is cheap. Thinking of a team with cap space and needs some 4th line depth with speed and potential to score 5-8 goals. He could be scooped up...doubtful, but plausable for a team like Jersey, LA, Anaheim maybe.

I could see Nygard in Columbus or Nashville. I think JJ could be plucked away too, I’d call it a gasm level 2 that JJ is a Flyer.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771535 is a reply to message #771533 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 11:46

I could see Nygard in Columbus or Nashville. I think JJ could be plucked away too, I’d call it a gasm level 2 that JJ is a Flyer.

I think at a different time, either of those guys COULD get a sniff, but I don't think they're in the top 5 of the forwards on the waiver wire, which makes it pretty unlikely that they get claimed.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771536 is a reply to message #771533 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jakey  is currently offline Jakey

No Cups

If JJ was under $900K then I could see a team taking him, but at $1.2 Million it is too much for a 4th liner/tweener guy. Even though $3-$400K doesn't seem like much the last few years.....it is a big amount of cap space for over 10-12 teams currently that would LOVE to add that much cap space.

I think he is on the Taxi squad.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771537 is a reply to message #771533 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

So, we are 2,198,325 over the cap it seems, according to capfriendly. JJ+Nygard is 2.075M.

Assume we take those 2 guys off the roster to try to be compliant to start the year. What's the other small move to start the season under the cap?

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771539 is a reply to message #771537 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

Probably Benson or Bouchard since they don't have to clear waivers, and then they can put Klefbom and/or Neal on the IR.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771542 is a reply to message #771539 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 12:02

Probably Benson or Bouchard since they don't have to clear waivers, and then they can put Klefbom and/or Neal on the IR.

I'm not sure if Benson or Bouchard are included yet for use to exceed the cap

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/oilers

Think this is just our players on those lists

47.39M Forwards + 25.38M D including Klef before LTIR + 6M Goalies + 0.75M retained + 3.83M buyout (fail) + 0.341M penalty = 83.698M which is 2.198M over the cap.

Don't think any of those guys left can be taken off the active roster without waivers too.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771544 is a reply to message #771542 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 12:14

47.39M Forwards + 25.38M D including Klef before LTIR + 6M Goalies + 0.75M retained + 3.83M buyout (fail) + 0.341M penalty = 83.698M which is 2.198M over the cap.

Don't think any of those guys left can be taken off the active roster without waivers too.

Kris Russell? Big ticket that would not likely get picked up. Slater Koekkoek too - everyone could have had him at a similar price to what we signed him for late.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771545 is a reply to message #771544 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 12:20

Kris Russell? Big ticket that would not likely get picked up. Slater Koekkoek too - everyone could have had him at a similar price to what we signed him for late.

Krussel NMC :(

And Calgary will probably grab Koekkoek just to screw with us :)

I vote Mike Smith.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771546 is a reply to message #771545 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

That's not a bad idea.

Him, Haas, Ennis or Koekkoek would be the options I'd think. Haas the most likely to get picked up.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771549 is a reply to message #771546 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Just thinking about this - they could also expose the Real Deal James Neal...

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771550 is a reply to message #771549 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 13:41

Or... is he injured and unable to be waived? Conversely, is he able to be LTIR’d along with klef? Does that do anything cap wise.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771555 is a reply to message #771550 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 12:51

Adam wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 13:41

Or... is he injured and unable to be waived? Conversely, is he able to be LTIR’d along with klef? Does that do anything cap wise.

He's skating with the team, so I really doubt he will get on LTIR. They can't use the LTIR until the season starts without negative consequences, so it's not really an option.

Agreed on Chiasson too...he or Neal could be exposed with little risk. I don't see the team exposing Kassian.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771588 is a reply to message #771544 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 11:20

I wouldn't risk Kookoo, he's NHL tested.. I think he'll be a solid d option if an un-tested C. Jones or Laggesson wobbles, . He's a great hedge for their bet on the D corp.
Russell, he could get picked up by a team with loads of cap space, and no cash, he only gets paid 1.25 this year, Holland might be looking at Russell as a potential trade chip this coming deadline if all the young D pan out, and might need him if they don't. A vet D goes up exponentially in value come deadline time.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 January 2021 17:55]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771602 is a reply to message #771588 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 17:53

Adam wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 11:20

I wouldn't risk Kookoo, he's NHL tested.. I think he'll be a solid d option if an un-tested C. Jones or Laggesson wobbles, . He's a great hedge for their bet on the D corp.
Russell, he could get picked up by a team with loads of cap space, and no cash, he only gets paid 1.25 this year, Holland might be looking at Russell as a potential trade chip this coming deadline if all the young D pan out, and might need him if they don't. A vet D goes up exponentially in value come deadline time.

If you have to expose someone to get cap compliant though, he's not a bad choice. He's a 7th defenceman, so the chances of him getting picked up aren't huge, especially considering he was just available to everyone last week and the Oilers got him for only just above the lowest value possible.

That said, I think Neal or Chiasson would be better choices, because it's actually potentially a benefit to the team if they get picked up and their salary disappears. Koekkoek doesn't move the needle there because his contract isn't awful.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771540 is a reply to message #771537 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 12:57

So, we are 2,198,325 over the cap it seems, according to capfriendly. JJ+Nygard is 2.075M.

Assume we take those 2 guys off the roster to try to be compliant to start the year. What's the other small move to start the season under the cap?

Is it as simple as Bouchard paper transaction?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771541 is a reply to message #771540 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-place-five-pl ayers-on-waivers/c-320185230

Forsberg claimed by Carolina [message #771622 is a reply to message #771541 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daftmonk  is currently offline Daftmonk

No Cups

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1349039569866530819

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." — Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

Re: Forsberg claimed by Carolina [message #771623 is a reply to message #771622 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Too bad they didn't claim Smith.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Forsberg claimed by Carolina [message #771627 is a reply to message #771622 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Daftmonk wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 10:23

Oilers need goaltending help in the worst way. I wanted an upgrade, and somehow ended up with a downgrade.

Does Corey Schneider still need to pass through waivers in New York? Maybe they put a claim on him?

Re: Forsberg claimed by Carolina [message #771628 is a reply to message #771627 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 10:32

Daftmonk wrote on Tue, 12 January 2021 10:23

Oilers need goaltending help in the worst way. I wanted an upgrade, and somehow ended up with a downgrade.

Does Corey Schneider still need to pass through waivers in New York? Maybe they put a claim on him?

Is that Zamboni driver still available?

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771553 is a reply to message #771102 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I'd be fine if they wanted to put Kassian or Chiasson on and see if there are any takers (I doubt there would be).

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771568 is a reply to message #771553 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oilers line this morning.
Nuge - McD - Kass
Kahun - Leon - Yamo
Arch - Turris - JP
Ennis - McLeod - Chiasson

I didn't expect to see McLeod in that spot but with games only a few days away, I have to think the lines they are playing in these last few practices are the ones to start. Mcleod has everything a team wants in a bottom 6 center.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771569 is a reply to message #771568 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 14:27

Nuge - McD - Kass
Kahun - Leon - Yamo
Arch - Turris - JP

I didn't expect to see McLeod in that spot but with games only a few days away, I have to think the lines they are playing in these last few practices are the ones to start. Mcleod has everything a team wants in a bottom 6 center.

Then for 3v3, they roll;
Drai w/ Yams and Barrie
McD w/ RNH and Bouch

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771570 is a reply to message #771569 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 13:30

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 14:27

Nuge - McD - Kass
Kahun - Leon - Yamo
Arch - Turris - JP

Then for 3v3, they roll;
Drai w/ Yams and Barrie
McD w/ RNH and Bouch

Pretty lethal 3 on 3 combos if you ask me.

I do wonder if they would break up McD and Leon 3 on 3. They are by far the best combo in the league. Only problem is, if they don't score it usually ends up as a goal against because they play so long usually and are dog tired.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771585 is a reply to message #771568 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 13:27

Nuge - McD - Kass
Kahun - Leon - Yamo
Arch - Turris - JP

Sounds like JP is getting along well with Turris.

That means we are about to trade Turris for Spooner unfortunately.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771592 is a reply to message #771568 ]
Mon, 11 January 2021 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 12:27

Nuge - McD - Kass
Kahun - Leon - Yamo
Arch - Turris - JP

I'm surprised at McLeod being kept at center as well, lost sight of him the last couple years, very positive sign. I thought the Oil staff ranked JJK above him, and Shore, which I was actually curious about because I thought JJK was not very strong 5 on 5 last year, and they likely had a better option this year with Shore.. but I didn't consider McLeod in the mix.
I can see it though, McLeod is way faster than JJK, just as big, potential to physically engage maybe less than JJK, but JJK wasn't bringing that with his game very often anyway (the one skill he had that separated him from his rivals in camp).

Regarding the PK, not sure if McLeod can PK, but he's quick which is a vital skill to have on the PK when you are out going for loose pucks, or D-men at the point..

I don't know much on Shore, but he's a vet and likely more versatile than JJK. JJ really plateaued the last 3 years in development.

That said, I doubt he gets picked up, and he'll probably be back on the roster.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771617 is a reply to message #771592 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 18:30

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 11 January 2021 12:27

Nuge - McD - Kass
Kahun - Leon - Yamo
Arch - Turris - JP

I'm surprised at McLeod being kept at center as well, lost sight of him the last couple years, very positive sign. I thought the Oil staff ranked JJK above him, and Shore, which I was actually curious about because I thought JJK was not very strong 5 on 5 last year, and they likely had a better option this year with Shore.. but I didn't consider McLeod in the mix.
I can see it though, McLeod is way faster than JJK, just as big, potential to physically engage maybe less than JJK, but JJK wasn't bringing that with his game very often anyway (the one skill he had that separated him from his rivals in camp).

Regarding the PK, not sure if McLeod can PK, but he's quick which is a vital skill to have on the PK when you are out going for loose pucks, or D-men at the point..

I don't know much on Shore, but he's a vet and likely more versatile than JJK. JJ really plateaued the last 3 years in development.

That said, I doubt he gets picked up, and he'll probably be back on the roster.

McLeod may not end up being in the line up to start the season but I don't think he will be out of it for long. He just keeps having good camps making it hard on the coaches to cut him. Exactly the way it's supposed to be.

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771625 is a reply to message #771102 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

5 Cups

Not ideal. Hopefully the big Finn has one of those bubbles that Jake Gyllenhaal used in that one movie... if not, woof.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers 2021 training camp roster [message #771626 is a reply to message #771102 ]
Tue, 12 January 2021 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Well, David Ayers is still available.

Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca