This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71)Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757618]
Wed, 11 March 2020 19:05 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757622 is a reply to message #757618 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

NBA just suspended play for the season,
Enjoy this game, the NHL will be be following suit and we will hear an announcement tomorrow morning.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757623 is a reply to message #757622 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 19:40

Enjoy this game, the NHL will be be following suit and we will hear an announcement tomorrow morning.

Le sigh.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757625 is a reply to message #757622 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

We'll see if the NHL actually does this or if they show that they aren't pussies like the NBA.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757627 is a reply to message #757625 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 18:43

We'll see if the NHL actually does this or if they show that they aren't pussies like the NBA.

I really disagree with your assessment.

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757629 is a reply to message #757627 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

MJ wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 19:47

That, and, I’m really surprised the bot allows that word. Haha.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757632 is a reply to message #757629 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Well, looks like the boys are gonna get that rest they so badly need. And they have to stay in E-town hahahaha! No running to Germany or Kelowna or the tropics this time mr millionaire!

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757630 is a reply to message #757627 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Coronovirus is just like the SARS virus and the bird flu- it's a new strain of the common flu that people are getting overly paranoid about when the majority of cases have not resulted in death since most of them involved otherwise healthy people under the age of 65. For a group of professional athletes (all of whom are in peak physical condition) to want to stop an entire season over this is ridiculous.

You want to know how to avoid spreading this new super-disease? Wash your hands more than once a week and cover your damn mouth when you cough or sneeze like anyone with common courtesy would in a civilized society.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757634 is a reply to message #757630 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 18:52

Coronovirus is just like the SARS virus and the bird flu- it's a new strain of the common flu that people are getting overly paranoid about when the majority of cases have not resulted in death since most of them involved otherwise healthy people under the age of 65. For a group of professional athletes (all of whom are in peak physical condition) to want to stop an entire season over this is ridiculous.

You want to know how to avoid spreading this new super-disease? Wash your hands more than once a week and cover your damn mouth when you cough or sneeze like anyone with common courtesy would in a civilized society.

Canada is no longer as civilized a society as it once was.

Maybe this will start getting some sheeple to finally begin to question globalism. You can threaten our culture, our health and wealth, our secure way of life, our children's future and whatever else...but don't take our hockey and our ability to fly to a warm place!!

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757638 is a reply to message #757630 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I appreciate your viewpoint of this and hope you're right. I'm truly not sure what to believe in this, but that the NBA decided it is best to suspend the season has me concerned. I'm not entirely sure what's going on in Italy that is unique either. I've read a lot that I question as conflicts in the basic reporting from the media is ridiculous.

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757643 is a reply to message #757638 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

MJ wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 19:59

I appreciate your viewpoint of this and hope you're right. I'm truly not sure what to believe in this, but that the NBA decided it is best to suspend the season has me concerned. I'm not entirely sure what's going on in Italy that is unique either. I've read a lot that I question as conflicts in the basic reporting from the media is ridiculous.

Here are some numbers: as of now, there have been more than 126,000 cases of COVID in 118 countries, which is a whopping 0.00168% of the planet's population. Of those 126k cases, 67k have already recovered while there have been 4800 deaths (3.8% of total cases). It boggles the mind how people are panicking over this when it is really a tiny "pandemic" (according to the WHO).

P.S.: Cool, Ennis scored!

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757661 is a reply to message #757643 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Quote:

It boggles the mind how people are panicking over this when it is really a tiny "pandemic" (according to the WHO).

The power of the media creating mass hysteria as I'm sure is the intent. Those numbers are a drop in the bucket even compared to the number of deaths worldwide in the course of a normal flu season-something like 650000 world wide. Granted there are more to come but we live on a planet of between 7 and 8 billion people. You'd think we were dying off in the millions by the way this is being treated. There's something much bigger at play here. ( I said 65000 and have edited it after checking the numbers to 650000, forgot a zero )

[Updated on: Wed, 11 March 2020 21:01]

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757662 is a reply to message #757661 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

overdue wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:24

Quote:

It boggles the mind how people are panicking over this when it is really a tiny "pandemic" (according to the WHO).

The power of the media creating mass hysteria as I'm sure is the intent. Those numbers are a drop in the bucket even compared to the number of deaths worldwide in the course of a normal flu season-something like 65000 world wide. Granted there are more to come but we live on a planet of between 7 and 8 billion people. You'd think we were dying off in the millions by the way this is being treated. There's something much bigger at play here.

It's the media (mostly U.S.) playing this up for ratings in a display of their usual fear-mongering.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757644 is a reply to message #757630 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 19:52

Well, during an NBA game there arent many hand washing breaks. There is a lot more skin to skin contact and chance for sweat/spit/fluid to move from person to person. Not to mention directly handling the ball.

Hopefully the difference in hockey being less so of the above and no direct touching of shared surfaces will allow it to continue.

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757647 is a reply to message #757644 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:06

Well, during an NBA game there arent many hand washing breaks. There is a lot more skin to skin contact and chance for sweat/spit/fluid to move from person to person. Not to mention directly handling the ball.

Hopefully the difference in hockey being less so of the above and no direct touching of shared surfaces will allow it to continue.

Yeah, the spit and sweat will generally travel via aerial transmission more often than through direct physical contact, hence the need for people to cover their mouths when sneezing/coughing.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757651 is a reply to message #757647 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Cool, Neal scored his first goal since coming back from injury... icon_rolleyes

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757657 is a reply to message #757647 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:11

Yeah, the spit and sweat will generally travel via aerial transmission more often than through direct physical contact, hence the need for people to cover their mouths when sneezing/coughing.

Ya man, I am on board with what you are saying, for us normal day to day life folks. I am also understanding of billion dollar industries being extra cautious.

I hope you are right and this is nothing more than an overreaction to a non serious threat.

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757660 is a reply to message #757647 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 19:11

It's not about being pussies. It's about elderly and how an average hospital only has 30 oxygen machines. Wu-Flu can bring on pneumonia which necessitates the breathing machine. If we don't stop the spread, the hospitals will be extremely backlogged.

Just enjoy the vacation. We can just freeze the standings and pick this up next June, after the Oil are completely healthy and rested!

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757649 is a reply to message #757644 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Well at least in the NHL there isn’t much spitting on the bench or the ice surface where players can accidentally slide through it etc.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757652 is a reply to message #757649 ]

5 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:13

Well at least in the NHL there isn’t much spitting on the bench or the ice surface where players can accidentally slide through it etc.

... none at all.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757636 is a reply to message #757618 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

From Dreger;

Source: the NHL won’t suspend play...at least not immediately.

https://twitter.com/darrendreger/status/1237920176533835776? s=21

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757640 is a reply to message #757618 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

ENNIS DISTRACTS US FROM THE NBA STATEMENT!!!

1-0 GOOD GUYS

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757646 is a reply to message #757640 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:01

1-0 GOOD GUYS

From Yamo.
Does the league have a record for shortest combined height on a scoring play?

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757648 is a reply to message #757646 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:07

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:01

1-0 GOOD GUYS

From Yamo.
Does the league have a record for shortest combined height on a scoring play?

They do now!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757653 is a reply to message #757648 ]
Iamheretoday  is currently offline Iamheretoday

No Cups

Neal still has his hands...... icon_eek

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757641 is a reply to message #757618 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Ennis!!!

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757650 is a reply to message #757618 ]

5 Cups

Boooooooooooo!

Great tip Nealler... does that negate a goal now? He’s at 18 now, yes? K good.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757654 is a reply to message #757618 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

NHL released a statement;

https://twitter.com/pr_nhl/status/1237924457454411776?s=21

Essentially, they’re aware of what has transpired with the NBA and they’re consulting with medical experts and will have a further update tomorrow.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757655 is a reply to message #757654 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:16

Essentially, they’re aware of what has transpired with the NBA and they’re consulting with medical experts and will have a further update tomorrow.

Bye bye fans.

In a gate driven league. Oh boy.

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757656 is a reply to message #757655 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 19:18

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:16

Bye bye fans.

In a gate driven league. Oh boy.

Salary cap still going up??

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757659 is a reply to message #757618 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Way too fancy guys

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757663 is a reply to message #757618 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

really Larsson?

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757666 is a reply to message #757663 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:28

really Larsson?

Clearly anticipated Smith getting that puck.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757675 is a reply to message #757666 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:30

really Larsson?

But he’s a battler....

Confusing to the common fan. Confusing to his D men. I’m fine with him not being a puck moving goalie and just focus on stopping the effing puck. Like I always drone on about. It’s like he thinks he’s playing intramural floor hockey at school. Just stop pucks. Try to be technically sound. You can still be “a battler” and be sound.

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757677 is a reply to message #757675 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:35

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:30

really Larsson?

But he’s a battler....

Confusing to the common fan. Confusing to his D men. I’m fine with him not being a puck moving goalie and just focus on stopping the effing puck. Like I always drone on about. It’s like he thinks he’s playing intramural floor hockey at school. Just stop pucks. Try to be technically sound. You can still be “a battler” and be sound.

He's a good puck-handling goalie, let him keep doing it.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757664 is a reply to message #757618 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Oh, hey, way to play that puck Smith.

2-1 Jets.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757668 is a reply to message #757664 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:29

2-1 Jets.

No, Larsson was at fault, as you can clearly see Smith gesturing to him where he was going to play the puck on the dump-in. What utter stupidity.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757671 is a reply to message #757668 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Thank you, oh McJesus. Thou shalt save the Oil from their own mistakes, maybe...

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757676 is a reply to message #757668 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:30

2-1 Jets.

No, Larsson was at fault, as you can clearly see Smith gesturing to him where he was going to play the puck on the dump-in. What utter stupidity.

So Smith bobbling it didn’t play a factor???

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71) [message #757678 is a reply to message #757676 ]
Wed, 11 March 2020 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

2 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:37

Ragnarok73 wrote on Wed, 11 March 2020 20:30

2-1 Jets.

So Smith bobbling it didn’t play a factor???

If Larsson went the way Smith told him to, he gets his stick on the puck, and that Jets player cannot set up his buddy coming in from the slot. It wouldn't have mattered if Smith bobbled it a bit.

5-14-6-1

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:The Outlook - Feb 29th
Next Topic:Pregame: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #71)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca