This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757082]
Thu, 05 March 2020 21:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Chicago to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757083 is a reply to message #757082 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

Absolute stinker of a game from 97. The full team sucked through 40 but over McDavid needs to find a way to elevate his linemates. To me thats the biggest difference between him and Sid.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757086 is a reply to message #757083 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 21:01

Absolute stinker of a game from 97. The full team sucked through 40 but over McDavid needs to find a way to elevate his linemates. To me thats the biggest difference between him and Sid.

Uhhh...the stats of virtually everyone who ever plays with him soar. Look at Archibald's numbers with and away from McDavid this year. Look at Kassian. Hell, he almost made Ty Rattie a point per game guy. McDavid makes everyone better.

He didn't have his best game tonight, but let's not get crazy with the commentary here.

I do wish we would put minnows away when we have the chance though...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757084 is a reply to message #757082 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Just goes to show you can’t wait till it’s 4-1 to wake up and expect a win.

Regardless of the 40 minute lack of effort, 4 of 6 points on this roadie is solid.

Get back home, take advantage of home ice and get some wins for the beeping phenomenal fans.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757088 is a reply to message #757084 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Better team won tonight. That said, refs suck again. Lost count of how many blatant hooks and holds were let go.

Whatever. Move on to the next one.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757087 is a reply to message #757082 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

It's a preview of what will happen in the playoffs when the refs eat their whistles. Hard to use their best advantage when they only get 1 PP.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757090 is a reply to message #757087 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 22:05

It's a preview of what will happen in the playoffs when the refs eat their whistles. Hard to use their best advantage when they only get 1 PP.

I saw something somewhere about how penalties have actually increased in the playoffs per game from the regular season over the past few years.

I’ll try to find it again.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757092 is a reply to message #757090 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 21:06

I saw something somewhere about how penalties have actually increased in the playoffs per game from the regular season over the past few years.

Maybe you forget which team you cheer for. Overall trends aren't going to matter - the refs aren't going to call anything for us.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757095 is a reply to message #757092 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 22:10

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 21:06

Maybe you forget which team you cheer for. Overall trends aren't going to matter - the refs aren't going to call anything for us.

Good point. Thanks for popping my balloons and bringing me back to earth.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757093 is a reply to message #757082 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

"Tonight we started too late. If you want to be a playoff team you've got to beat that team. We didn't deserve to win." @EdmontonOilers Leon Draisaitl

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757094 is a reply to message #757082 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Late arrival to a game by a period nearly always kills the Oilers, but 2 periods? Come on, gotta be ready this time of year.

Connor looked pretty avg tonight, was shut down big time, and there's not much going on with the linemates. Wish these guys had a couple days of practice, had hoped for more impact from Ennis and AA.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757096 is a reply to message #757094 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 22:12

Late arrival to a game by a period nearly always kills the Oilers, but 2 periods? Come on, gotta be ready this time of year.

Connor looked pretty avg tonight, was shut down big time, and there's not much going on with the linemates. Wish these guys had a couple days of practice, had hoped for more impact from Ennis and AA.

I mean, he was saddled with Neal again 5v5. We saw prior to Neal’s extended absence that he is garbage 5v5. It’s not overall surprising McDavid struggled tonight. Factor in the Ennis-AA-Archibald swap on his other wing throughout the night and despite him being the greatest player in the world right now, I give him a pass.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757098 is a reply to message #757096 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 21:15

I mean, he was saddled with Neal again 5v5. We saw prior to Neal’s extended absence that he is garbage 5v5. It’s not overall surprising McDavid struggled tonight. Factor in the Ennis-AA-Archibald swap on his other wing throughout the night and despite him being the greatest player in the world right now, I give him a pass.

Have they had more than a day of practice since the new guys arrived? Have they had a day? I think that's what these guys need being thrown together.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757099 is a reply to message #757098 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 22:19

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 21:15

Have they had more than a day of practice since the new guys arrived? Have they had a day? I think that's what these guys need being thrown together.

Absolutely agree it would be huge.

I think they had legit one practice day after that roadie they were on when they acquired the newbs (after the Vegas game, before the jets were in town). Other than that I’m certain it’s been game day skates and optionals.

March sched is crap too for practices.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757102 is a reply to message #757082 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Big shout out to Olli Määttä trying to hand the Oilers a full comeback only to come up short...if it's any consolation, was impressed with how the bottom lines managed to win all the offensive zone puck battles in the 3rd period...something I haven't seen all year...

[Updated on: Thu, 05 March 2020 22:36]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757105 is a reply to message #757102 ]
Fri, 06 March 2020 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

For the majority of the game, everyone with the exception of Smith were battling the puck. None of them really could grab hold of it or pass it consistently. We were never able to get more than a shift or so in the Hawks zone. Towards the end of the second with the clock showing 3am here, I was debating to go to bed... I just couldn't see us getting anything out of the game.

The third was better, but we still had to fight the puck, we looked better than we did against Dallas, but it was still a struggle. Whilst I hate to see us getting beat, especially at crazy O'clock in the morning you sometimes get games like this, no matter how hard they were trying to do anything it wasn't coming off.

However, the resolve to keep trying brought us back into the game and that's a fantastic asset to have going into the play-off's.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757107 is a reply to message #757105 ]
Fri, 06 March 2020 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Not a good game by most of the team. I think this was one of the few games where Tippett didn't handle the goalies well. Koskinen plays absolutely lights out and steals a game for your team but you start Smith instead. I didn't like ANY of the goals against. Kane is a crazy good player but I don't know what he was doing that allowed him to be so out of position. He DEFINITELY over committed and was WAY out of position on the Toews goal. He wasn't even close to the blue paint. The Debrincat first goal was from long, long range and was just a throw it on the goal. Wasn't like he picked top shelf. Then Debrincat did it again on him. You can't spot any team 4 goals, all of them being somewhat questionable. The 4th one was a backbreaker, you give up 3 junk goals, team fires on in a min after the 3rd, that is where you have to shut the door.

That being said, 4 out of 6 points on the road, 6 out of the last 8 against mostly good teams. I will take it.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757111 is a reply to message #757102 ]
Fri, 06 March 2020 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 22:34

Big shout out to Olli Määttä trying to hand the Oilers a full comeback only to come up short...if it's any consolation, was impressed with how the bottom lines managed to win all the offensive zone puck battles in the 3rd period...something I haven't seen all year...

And we got a goal from the third line! It had been a while so that's nice to see.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757108 is a reply to message #757082 ]
Fri, 06 March 2020 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Smith completely screened by his own D on both DeBrincat goals. You'd think after that almost embarrassing win in Dallas they would have come out stronger but once again.... Chicago took it to them early and they never recovered. Some of Tippet's line juggling isn't working out very well. Neal needs to play lower in the line up in favor of more speed with McDavid imo and would like to see Haas back in next game. Why not just put AA on the first line and leave him there so he can build some chemistry with McD. That's what they supposedly got him for, he can't be any worse than Neal. Toews showed he still has it. One of the best captains ever and had lots of jump in that game.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 March 2020 08:21]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757117 is a reply to message #757108 ]
Fri, 06 March 2020 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Meh. 3rd game in 4 nights and 4the game in 6 !! Scheduled loss.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757169 is a reply to message #757082 ]
Fri, 06 March 2020 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilCanSam  is currently offline OilCanSam

No Cups

Go Oilers!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757172 is a reply to message #757169 ]
Fri, 06 March 2020 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

OilCanSam wrote on Fri, 06 March 2020 15:25

Go Oilers!

https://i.imgur.com/BAFLRD9.gif

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757184 is a reply to message #757172 ]
Fri, 06 March 2020 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 06 March 2020 15:38

Go Oilers!

I've gotta find me a place to stream loony toons/bugs bunny.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757187 is a reply to message #757184 ]
Fri, 06 March 2020 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Fri, 06 March 2020 15:59

Go Oilers!

It's all so unwoke though. Extremely politically incorrect. I can't think of a show that celebrates white privilege more prevalently. There is no more insensitive barbaric display of toxic masculinity and senseless violence. Minorities and LGBTQrstuvwxyz have no representation. Please refrain from exposing your daughters to this.

If you do indeed find a place that streams this please let me and my university sorority and fraternity alliance know so that we can camp out in front of wherever they are so we can SHUT THIS ATROCITY DOWN!!!

Looney Tunes is ODIOUS!!

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757189 is a reply to message #757187 ]
Fri, 06 March 2020 22:05 Go to previous message

2 Cups

Xombie wrote on Fri, 06 March 2020 20:18

K.McC#24 wrote on Fri, 06 March 2020 15:59

Go Oilers!

It's all so unwoke though. Extremely politically incorrect. I can't think of a show that celebrates white privilege more prevalently. There is no more insensitive barbaric display of toxic masculinity and senseless violence. Minorities and LGBTQrstuvwxyz have no representation. Please refrain from exposing your daughters to this.

If you do indeed find a place that streams this please let me and my university sorority and fraternity alliance know so that we can camp out in front of wherever they are so we can SHUT THIS ATROCITY DOWN!!!

Looney Tunes is ODIOUS!!

😂😂

Isn't South Park still on?

Luckily my daughters, who are indeed modern (university) women and human beings, recognize that Loony Toons was produced in a bygone era where norms were a bit different, don't demonize it because of that, and still LOVE it. They still appreciate that I do a more than decent voice impersonations of Marvin the Martian, Foghorn Leghorn, the little chicken hawk, Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, Black Jacques Shellaque, among others.

I mean, look at Disney's Dumbo, some pretty unfortunate characterizations there that little wee kids kids don't pick up on, but we explained eventually.

I should add that there are wartime (WWII) era cartoons that aren't in the public domain, and that are unwatchable even for a minimally woke individual such as myself.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757188 is a reply to message #757082 ]
Fri, 06 March 2020 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Jim Matheson @NHLbyMatty
Klefbom will play against Blue Jackets until he has setback at morning skate Saturday. He's missed 9 games getting his shoulder fixed with minor procedure.

Matty is into future predicting now. Or maybe meant "unless".

Klef had a shoulder "clean up" procedure a while back that ended up leading to a major surgery. Hope it's nothing that's gonna be lingering again. Gotta start getting the elbows up when the hits are coming Klef!

[Updated on: Fri, 06 March 2020 21:06]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Previous Topic:Archibald Resigned
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #66)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca