This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #753950]
Sat, 08 February 2020 19:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Nashville to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #753956 is a reply to message #753950 ]
Sat, 08 February 2020 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Fun comeback. How many times has the Oilers given up that goal with 8 seconds left?

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #753957 is a reply to message #753956 ]
Sat, 08 February 2020 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 08 February 2020 19:46

Fun comeback. How many times has the Oilers given up that goal with 8 seconds left?

Almost as often as they give up the first one.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #753958 is a reply to message #753950 ]
Sat, 08 February 2020 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

This is one of those wins we haven’t seen much of in the past 3 decades.

That’s not a type-o. Freaking decades.

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754068 is a reply to message #753958 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 08 February 2020 19:52

Don't we hear media guys say this every time the team wins ugly, pretty much ever?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754069 is a reply to message #754068 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 08:34

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 08 February 2020 19:52

Don't we hear media guys say this every time the team wins ugly, pretty much ever?

I think the Oilers have only won ugly for the last 15 years. Saturday wasn't an ugly won, it was a thing of heartbreaking beauty.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #753963 is a reply to message #753950 ]
Sat, 08 February 2020 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Friedman said it after the broadcast, that was the type of game the Oilers of prior years wouldn’t win.

Tipp says bruise above 97’s knee, not believed to be anything serious. faint

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #753965 is a reply to message #753963 ]
Sat, 08 February 2020 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 08 February 2020 22:20

Friedman said it after the broadcast, that was the type of game the Oilers of prior years wouldn’t win.

Tipp says bruise above 97’s knee, not believed to be anything serious. faint

Can we believe what they say though?

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #753966 is a reply to message #753950 ]
Sat, 08 February 2020 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Whew. Timely PP goals to save this one.

Remenda sucks. Dude sounded excited that McDavid could be hurt again. Couldn't stop talking about what could be wrong. What a douche.

Tippett says no issue, just a small bruise above the knee. Although, I guess that could mean anything now :)

Hrudey in the Flames/Canucks intermission seemed giddy talking about McDavid, and suggested that a bruise can be worse than you think.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 February 2020 20:53]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #753974 is a reply to message #753966 ]
Sat, 08 February 2020 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 08 February 2020 20:36

Remenda sucks. Dude sounded excited that McDavid could be hurt again. Couldn't stop talking about what could be wrong. What a douche.

Tippett says no issue, just a small bruise above the knee. Although, I guess that could mean anything now :)

Hrudey in the Flames/Canucks intermission seemed giddy talking about McDavid, and suggested that a bruise can be worse than you think.

Rishaug said he had his binoculars on 97 for a while after the play to see if he could pick up on anything.

I’m guessing he will be dressing in a gilly suit and hiding inside a planter in McDavids building the next few days..

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754067 is a reply to message #753974 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 08 February 2020 21:44

Rishaug said he had his binoculars on 97 for a while after the play to see if he could pick up on anything.

I’m guessing he will be dressing in a gilly suit and hiding inside a planter in McDavids building the next few days..

Hilarious.

Do these guys have any credibility at all any more? They sure didn't do a lot of detective work this summer around McDavid's knee...in fact, if anything, they pooh-poohed any suggestion that there was anything more serious there. On this count, I'm actually okay with them towing the party line, but still - don't pretend you're a real journalist, Rishaug. You're just embarrassing yourself.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754070 is a reply to message #754067 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 08:33

Hilarious.

Do these guys have any credibility at all any more? They sure didn't do a lot of detective work this summer around McDavid's knee...in fact, if anything, they pooh-poohed any suggestion that there was anything more serious there. On this count, I'm actually okay with them towing the party line, but still - don't pretend you're a real journalist, Rishaug. You're just embarrassing yourself.

That wasn't just a joke? Rishaug actually had some binoculars packed and started the detective work on McDavid?

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754077 is a reply to message #754070 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 09:04

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 08:33

Hilarious.

That wasn't just a joke? Rishaug actually had some binoculars packed and started the detective work on McDavid?

Actual photo of Rishaug hard at work today:
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/be/45/38/be4538a73c1e136791e9257d6b30d4df--sesame-streets-sherlock-holmes.jpg

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754091 is a reply to message #754077 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

And the result of all that sleuthing:

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug
McDavid not sure he’ll play tomorrow. Called it a charley-horse.

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754097 is a reply to message #754091 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 12:05

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug

I feel like you need to look at Rishaug's twitter to really appreciate the work he put in. Includes a selfie video explaining the situation.

https://twitter.com/tsnryanrishaug?lang=en

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754100 is a reply to message #754097 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 12:37

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug

I feel like you need to look at Rishaug's twitter to really appreciate the work he put in. Includes a selfie video explaining the situation.

I enjoyed this one:

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug
Given the intentional mis-direction on McDavids previous injury, reporter instinct is to be skeptical about updates we now get. My sense today is that with Connor openly answering multiple questions about it, that we are getting an accurate picture of the situation.

Maybe he's heard the rumblings that he's not exactly Woodward or Bernstein out there on the Oilers beat...

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754113 is a reply to message #754100 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 13:45

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug

I enjoyed this one:

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug
Given the intentional mis-direction on McDavids previous injury, reporter instinct is to be skeptical about updates we now get. My sense today is that with Connor openly answering multiple questions about it, that we are getting an accurate picture of the situation.

Maybe he's heard the rumblings that he's not exactly Woodward or Bernstein out there on the Oilers beat...

Dude is clearly butt hurt that he doesn’t get fed info from “the brass” like he used to. Boo hoo Rishaug.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754115 is a reply to message #754113 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 16:05

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 13:45

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug

I enjoyed this one:

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug

Dude is clearly butt hurt that he doesn’t get fed info from “the brass” like he used to. Boo hoo Rishaug.

I'd imagine he's still privy to some information, he just can'tknow if it's trustworthy now.

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754116 is a reply to message #754113 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 16:05

"well, uh, you broke the story Ryan..." - Peter Chiarelli

Just the worst example of press pliability in recent years. It was so incredibly clear that Rishaug was asked by the team to sell a narrative in exchange for the scoop, and Chiarelli went out of his way to make it clear that Rishaug had it 10 minutes before everyone else. I never had much time for Rishaug, but lost any respect I had for him around that deal.

And does anyone believe he'd report it if the team told him McDavid was really injured but they didn't want him to tell? Especially if they offered to give him something else juicy at some point in the future? I think he'd sell his soul for a meaningless scoop.

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754205 is a reply to message #754100 ]
Tue, 11 February 2020 12:42 Go to previous message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 12:45

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug

I enjoyed this one:

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug

How mad is Rishaug now?

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #753986 is a reply to message #753966 ]
Sun, 09 February 2020 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 08 February 2020 21:36

It’s not surprising Hrudey would be excited at that thought, it would be a massive boost to his Flames.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #753994 is a reply to message #753986 ]
Sun, 09 February 2020 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Attendance was 17,212, according to hockeydb.com. Listed capacity for hockey is 18,347. Sign of the times, or is a 5 PM start on a Saturday in February on Hockey Day in Canada against a conference rival just a bad idea?
Better effort from the defense, but it's a good thing Smith was able to save their bacon more than once.
We hear it all too often teams who score the first goal end up winning. Good to see the Oilers work their tails off to come from behind,especially in the third period.
Not sure if that game in Vancouver was good or bad for the Oilers. At least it wasn't a three pointer.

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #753968 is a reply to message #753950 ]
Sat, 08 February 2020 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Oilers wake up in the third and grab the win. I credit my whiney comment about zero energy just prior to the goal at the end of the 2nd.

Have to say that young lady did a damn good job of the anthem in Cree. Waaaay better than that lump in Vancouver who somehow thought he nailed it.

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #753977 is a reply to message #753968 ]
Sat, 08 February 2020 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 08 February 2020 20:02

Oilers wake up in the third and grab the win. I credit my whiney comment about zero energy just prior to the goal at the end of the 2nd.

Have to say that young lady did a damn good job of the anthem in Cree. Waaaay better than that lump in Vancouver who somehow thought he nailed it.

Yeah that guy had the look but not the chops.
Girl was awesome.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754066 is a reply to message #753977 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I was at the game with my 2 boys and wife. The game was a bit sluggish but they picked it up and won the game. Smith was good, Leon was a freaking beast. I agree with Tippett about this game being a game they would never win in the past. Big win.

On a slightly different note. As I said, Leon was the best player on the ice the only guy on par being Josi- man that guy is good. But Leon was the reason they won as he was so good. I remember in his draft year many fans advocating to pick Bennett over Leon. The reason I bring this up is because I heard the Calgary station this morning talking about Bennett and how much he sucks. Playing 4th line mins and has 9 pts in 40 games. Man am I glad they didn't pick Bennett over Leon. Those Calgary boys where not too kind on old Bennett. icon_lol

[Updated on: Mon, 10 February 2020 08:40]

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754072 is a reply to message #753950 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec
Connor McDavid is expected to be a full participant in this morning’s 11 a.m. MT Oilers practice. No ill effects from knee bruise on Saturday, we are told.

50/50 chance it's a body double being used to trick us.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754074 is a reply to message #754072 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 10:15

Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec
Connor McDavid is expected to be a full participant in this morning’s 11 a.m. MT Oilers practice. No ill effects from knee bruise on Saturday, we are told.

50/50 chance it's a body double being used to trick us.

Rob Schremp wearing a 97 McDavid jersey.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Nashville @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #754080 is a reply to message #754072 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I was at the game. I saw McDavid go into the boards, get up slow, still finish his shift. He was out for his next shift never missed one. To me, he looked a little tentative his very next shift. By the second or 3rd shift after he fell, I saw him turn on the afterburners and go around 2-3 guys.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #56)
Next Topic:Nurse extended 2 years @ 5.6AAV
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca