This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Kassian Suspended 2 gamesPages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #751708 is a reply to message #751696 ]
Thu, 16 January 2020 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 15 January 2020 18:44

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 15 January 2020 18:37

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 January 2020 16:33

Here's Eric Francis - Calgary Flames informal PR guy - giving his two cents on Kassian vs. Tkachuk.

Apparently Francis never watched Lucic versus Los Angeles. If he's got friends on the other team, he's generally invisible. Hard to imagine anything different out of him with the Oilers. I'd be shocked to see him try to fight Kassian.

I dunno. Mature captain like Giordano can get a lot out of a player.

Got him to dye his hair yellow! Or was that the other, other, truculent guy on the team?

It doesn’t matter about Lucic. Kassian doesn’t need to fight a 4th liner.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #751769 is a reply to message #751708 ]
Thu, 16 January 2020 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 16 January 2020 05:39

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 15 January 2020 18:44

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 15 January 2020 18:37

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 January 2020 16:33

Here's Eric Francis - Calgary Flames informal PR guy - giving his two cents on Kassian vs. Tkachuk.

Apparently Francis never watched Lucic versus Los Angeles. If he's got friends on the other team, he's generally invisible. Hard to imagine anything different out of him with the Oilers. I'd be shocked to see him try to fight Kassian.

I dunno. Mature captain like Giordano can get a lot out of a player.

Got him to dye his hair yellow! Or was that the other, other, truculent guy on the team?

It doesn’t matter about Lucic. Kassian doesn’t need to fight a 4th liner.

ZING!!!

Well played sir..

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Others now calling out Parros [message #751744 is a reply to message #751497 ]
Thu, 16 January 2020 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daftmonk  is currently offline Daftmonk

No Cups

https://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg-jets-mathieu-perreault-tees-off- on-nhl-for-no-discipline-of-vancouver-canuck-jake-virtanen-1 .1428400

No consistency whatsoever

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." — Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

Re: Others now calling out Parros [message #751746 is a reply to message #751744 ]
Thu, 16 January 2020 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Daftmonk wrote on Thu, 16 January 2020 15:48

https://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg-jets-mathieu-perreault-tees-off- on-nhl-for-no-discipline-of-vancouver-canuck-jake-virtanen-1 .1428400

It's a farce.

Re: Others now calling out Parros [message #751748 is a reply to message #751746 ]
Thu, 16 January 2020 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I am glad Perrault said something. The only guys who are going to cause any change are the guys on the ice. If they voice their displeasure, then the league eventually has to listen

Re: Others now calling out Parros [message #751751 is a reply to message #751744 ]
Thu, 16 January 2020 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Daftmonk wrote on Thu, 16 January 2020 12:48

I suppose being consistently inconsistent could be considered a form of consistency.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Others now calling out Parros [message #751754 is a reply to message #751751 ]
Thu, 16 January 2020 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 16 January 2020 13:15

I suppose being consistently inconsistent could be considered a form of consistency.

Those ones are funny - I get it with the referees - it's a fast game and it's easy to miss something. Ideally, with two sets of eyes (four sets if it merits a major), then you'd see most things, but sometimes you don't and that's okay.

But Player Safety is watching on HD video from multiple angles in slow motion. And they sometimes decide that's two games and they sometimes decide it's nothing and there's no real clear line there. I'm still annoyed with McDavid's suspension and every time a plug like Virtanen gets nothing for something like this, I"m more convinced that Parros sucks at his job.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Others now calling out Parros [message #751758 is a reply to message #751754 ]
Thu, 16 January 2020 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 16 January 2020 13:20

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 16 January 2020 13:15

Those ones are funny - I get it with the referees - it's a fast game and it's easy to miss something. Ideally, with two sets of eyes (four sets if it merits a major), then you'd see most things, but sometimes you don't and that's okay.

But Player Safety is watching on HD video from multiple angles in slow motion. And they sometimes decide that's two games and they sometimes decide it's nothing and there's no real clear line there. I'm still annoyed with McDavid's suspension and every time a plug like Virtanen gets nothing for something like this, I"m more convinced that Parros sucks at his job.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/25/ae/b0/25aeb059265a6a127a7a97c328f71a6b.jpg

Maybe Parros just enjoys the chaos. Maybe it'll help the violent gentlemen brand.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #751784 is a reply to message #751497 ]
Thu, 16 January 2020 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
As discussed on Insider Trading, Colin Campbell and George Parros had phone calls with both Ken Holland and Brad Treliving yesterday to calm the waters down in the Kassian/Tkachuk fallout https://twitter.com/tsnhockey/status/1217956326531313667

Parros also expected to be in the building for the Jan. 29 rematch

So I guess the players need to be on edge next Oilers/Flames game. League seems to not want this to escalate.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #751788 is a reply to message #751784 ]
Thu, 16 January 2020 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 16 January 2020 19:44

As discussed on Insider Trading, Colin Campbell and George Parros had phone calls with both Ken Holland and Brad Treliving yesterday to calm the waters down in the Kassian/Tkachuk fallout https://twitter.com/tsnhockey/status/1217956326531313667

So I guess the players need to be on edge next Oilers/Flames game. League seems to not want this to escalate.

Guess they should have dealt with it before it escalated by penalizing a predatory hit.

Though, a goalie gets Corey Perry’d and the perp doesn’t even get a fine.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #751791 is a reply to message #751788 ]
Thu, 16 January 2020 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 16 January 2020 22:36

Guess they should have dealt with it before it escalated by penalizing a predatory hit.

I predict Kassian delivers a bone crunching LEGAL predatory Hit - a carbon copy of Turtlechuk’s, and then gets suspended 10 games, because reasons.

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #751797 is a reply to message #751791 ]
Thu, 16 January 2020 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Thu, 16 January 2020 20:10

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 16 January 2020 22:36

I predict Kassian delivers a bone crunching LEGAL predatory Hit - a carbon copy of Turtlechuk’s, and then gets suspended 10 games, because reasons.

There's too much hype. I predict the game will be a big ole nothing.

And Kassian will get suspended for an identical hit on a random Tuesday night when no one is watching.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #751798 is a reply to message #751784 ]
Fri, 17 January 2020 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 16 January 2020 17:44

If I was at that game and saw Parros I'd chirp that clown big time, it one thing to hide in the confines of NHL Corp Headquarters pontificating on player discipline,remote from criticism, and the people he's disciplining afraid to tell him to just F off. It would be good if some fans chirped him hard, call him the fake that he is, pretty presumptuous if he thinks he can waltz into the Oilers house and not get a kick in the ass.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #751799 is a reply to message #751798 ]
Fri, 17 January 2020 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 17 January 2020 00:20

If I was at that game and saw Parros I'd chirp that clown big time, it one thing to hide in the confines of NHL Corp Headquarters pontificating on player discipline,remote from criticism, and the people he's disciplining afraid to tell him to just F off. It would be good if some fans chirped him hard, call him the fake that he is, pretty presumptuous if he thinks he can waltz into the Oilers house and not get a kick in the ass.

Fortunately the new arena is designed to keep people away from those who matter.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #751891 is a reply to message #751798 ]
Sat, 18 January 2020 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 17 January 2020 00:20

If true, what a douche move by Parros and the NHL.

Like players in both rooms will be round eyed and stoic with the knowledge big bad Parros has entered the building.

Great job NHL, putting a douche bag into the wrong role again.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #751984 is a reply to message #751891 ]
Mon, 20 January 2020 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

https://kesandjuice.com/

Episode 7 bout 10 min in and then Kass joins for an interview around 39 min mark, pretty good stuff

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #752220 is a reply to message #751984 ]
Thu, 23 January 2020 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Tkachuk billboards are a bit disappointing. I like the idea but they obviously couldn’t get around the legal aspect of using his face so it’s just a bunch of lame text.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #752221 is a reply to message #752220 ]
Thu, 23 January 2020 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 23 January 2020 08:55

Tkachuk billboards are a bit disappointing. I like the idea but they obviously couldn’t get around the legal aspect of using his face so it’s just a bunch of lame text.

If you have the opportunity to listen to Calgary radio, the billboards are to be expected. Taking the Tkachuk-Kassian thing out of it, Calgary radio especially sports talk, talk about Edmonton, the Oilers or both easily a few times a week. You don't tend to hear much about Calgary on Edmonton radio. I of course have some bias being an Oilers fan but I don't see the upside to making Tkachuk a hero when except in Calgary, the whole league and it's players think he's dirty. Kassian had current guys in the league, retired guys and Hall of famers, all messaging him or sending out messages of support and condemning but Tkachuk did. Speaks volumes to me.

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #752229 is a reply to message #752221 ]
Thu, 23 January 2020 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 23 January 2020 09:11

If you have the opportunity to listen to Calgary radio, the billboards are to be expected. Taking the Tkachuk-Kassian thing out of it, Calgary radio especially sports talk, talk about Edmonton, the Oilers or both easily a few times a week. You don't tend to hear much about Calgary on Edmonton radio. I of course have some bias being an Oilers fan but I don't see the upside to making Tkachuk a hero when except in Calgary, the whole league and it's players think he's dirty. Kassian had current guys in the league, retired guys and Hall of famers, all messaging him or sending out messages of support and condemning but Tkachuk did. Speaks volumes to me.

I like the rivalry and the renewed hatred for eachother's teams/players. Whatever radio station that is that put up the billboards just didn't deliver. I like 1260's Tkachuk song better, and i bet it cost less as well.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #752232 is a reply to message #752229 ]
Thu, 23 January 2020 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 23 January 2020 13:46

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 23 January 2020 09:11

I like the rivalry and the renewed hatred for eachother's teams/players. Whatever radio station that is that put up the billboards just didn't deliver. I like 1260's Tkachuk song better, and i bet it cost less as well.

I have no issues with rivalries and people doing things. I liked the Riders approach a year or 2 ago when they put a billboard with something like "We walk among you". Making a cheap shot artist a hero is in poor taste to me but is what it is.

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #752290 is a reply to message #752232 ]
Fri, 24 January 2020 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

Happy birthday big Kass!

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #751867 is a reply to message #751784 ]
Fri, 17 January 2020 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Why would George Parros being in Gougers place matter at all? I really dislike this political style of "messaging" (a.k.a. signaling). We all know what's up don't treat us like kids. We know this is all posturing for lawyers and the people who are not interested in hockey normally, but saw Kassian punching Turtlechuck on twitter so now they are all invested.

So if the game gets out of hand does the jumbotron flash up a huge image of Parros's scowling face? OR...suddenly the lights will go dim, Parros's music will start up and he will rappel down from the private boxes on a bungee cord clutching a folding chair??

[Updated on: Fri, 17 January 2020 20:58]

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #752401 is a reply to message #751497 ]
Mon, 27 January 2020 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Typical Flames move. Ahead of the Oilers game this week they recall 6'6 career AHL left winger Buddy Robinson. Robinson is a 28 year old with 7 career NHL games - the last one three years ago with the Senators.

He's got 30 points in 40 games this year, so I'm sure this call-up was made purely on merit.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #752402 is a reply to message #752401 ]
Mon, 27 January 2020 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 27 January 2020 10:20

Typical Flames move. Ahead of the Oilers game this week they recall 6'6 career AHL left winger Buddy Robinson. Robinson is a 28 year old with 7 career NHL games - the last one three years ago with the Senators.

He's got 30 points in 40 games this year, so I'm sure this call-up was made purely on merit.

They gonna have a Buddy/Looch/Rinaldo line?

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #752408 is a reply to message #752402 ]
Mon, 27 January 2020 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 27 January 2020 10:22

They gonna have a Buddy/Looch/Rinaldo line?

Only if he agrees to bleach his hair...

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #752404 is a reply to message #752401 ]
Mon, 27 January 2020 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Less skill in the line up then, and we get final change.

Re: Kassian Suspended 2 games [message #754608 is a reply to message #751497 ]
Fri, 14 February 2020 18:29 Go to previous message

6 Cups

And now 7 games for kicking

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/12284868846005575 68?s=20

Might be a good idea to convert this tread name to "Kassian Suspensions Thread"

If you watch the other angle in the suspension video, you can see that Kassian's motion to pull his leg in so he can make the kick, he actually comes close to cutting the back of Archibald's neck.

I hope 3.2M a year is enough for Kassian to buy some IQ points.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 February 2020 18:52]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #58)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #57)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca