This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #43)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #43) [message #750595]
Thu, 02 January 2020 19:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Buffalo to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #43) [message #750596 is a reply to message #750595 ]
Thu, 02 January 2020 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

This team is absolutely pathetic with a lead now. Coming out of an intermission with a lead is now a guarantee that we play pathetic passive hockey. I thought McLellan had these guys playing passive with a lead. We've taken it to a whole new level.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #43) [message #750599 is a reply to message #750596 ]
Thu, 02 January 2020 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

...it doesn't get any easier. icon_neutral

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #43) [message #750601 is a reply to message #750595 ]
Thu, 02 January 2020 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

No Cups

This team is unbearable. Most fans would be excited when their team goes into the 3rd with a lead... I just sit here now waiting for them to blow it.

The fight we had at the beginning of the season has all dried up.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #43) [message #750675 is a reply to message #750601 ]
Fri, 03 January 2020 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Thu, 02 January 2020 18:53

This team is unbearable. Most fans would be excited when their team goes into the 3rd with a lead... I just sit here now waiting for them to blow it.

The fight we had at the beginning of the season has all dried up.

We're in a race to get to the moon. We used up all our first stage booster (McDavid & Drai) momentum up already jumping out early. But now we ain't got enough of a second and third stage power to even maintain orbit.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #43) [message #750681 is a reply to message #750675 ]
Fri, 03 January 2020 22:47 Go to previous message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

No Cups

Coming crashing back to earth as always...

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #43) [message #750606 is a reply to message #750595 ]
Thu, 02 January 2020 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

.885 save percentage. Trending up!

Honestly. This team plays so tepid with Smith in net it hurts to watch. His saves are Rec league. Get big. Close your eyes. Hope for the best.

Holland needs to knock on some doors. Comrie? Lehner? Pokey Reddick?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #43) [message #750610 is a reply to message #750606 ]
Thu, 02 January 2020 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 02 January 2020 21:17

.885 save percentage. Trending up!

Honestly. This team plays so tepid with Smith in net it hurts to watch. His saves are Rec league. Get big. Close your eyes. Hope for the best.

Holland needs to knock on some doors. Comrie? Lehner? Pokey Reddick?

You can't blame Smith! He got beat on a deflection and a breakaway! No one EVER stops those in the NHL! He told us that a couple starts ago, so it is just unfair for us to keep bringing up goals like that.

I do agree - the team looked tepid at best in the third period. Never pushing the play. They tried to hang on to the lead, and then they tried to hang on to the tie.

Good overtime by Buffalo - they never let us touch the puck. I will say, I thought it was a bit of a weak penalty shot from the refs, but I might have felt differently if it was McDavid getting that hook.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #43) [message #750611 is a reply to message #750595 ]
Thu, 02 January 2020 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mullet  is currently offline Mullet

No Cups

I can stand smith. They should go no goalie and add a skater instead of playing him. This team is two years away from anything assuming mcd doesn’t demand a trade.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #43) [message #750626 is a reply to message #750611 ]
Fri, 03 January 2020 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Mullet wrote on Thu, 02 January 2020 23:05

I can stand smith. They should go no goalie and add a skater instead of playing him. This team is two years away from anything assuming mcd doesn’t demand a trade.

He's the reason they got a point last night. The last 40 minutes I don't even remember the Oilers generating a quality scoring chance.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #43) [message #750630 is a reply to message #750626 ]
Fri, 03 January 2020 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

WhoreableGuy wrote on Fri, 03 January 2020 09:36

Mullet wrote on Thu, 02 January 2020 23:05

He's the reason they got a point last night. The last 40 minutes I don't even remember the Oilers generating a quality scoring chance.

Looking at this game by itself I agree with you. Smith played just fine and made some good saves. My problem is with how his poor play overall has the team playing in front of him now. You can tell they have no confidence and play an uptight game.
Throw in the coaching staff going full shell hockey once they have a lead and it is very tough to watch with any confidence that a lead can be held.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #43) [message #750620 is a reply to message #750595 ]
Fri, 03 January 2020 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Dopey play by LD in the OT.

I've about seen all I need to of Khaira.. he is what he is.. caused the first goal after another cough up.. doesn't seem to ever bring any jam, he should be playing like his career depends on it, which it does, but looks way too comfortable.. its almost as if he thinks they'd never put him on waivers....

[Updated on: Fri, 03 January 2020 05:25]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #43) [message #750647 is a reply to message #750595 ]
Fri, 03 January 2020 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Teams all must know by now that McDrai won't change until they are dead tired 1:45+ into their first OT shift right? ANd if you can just hang around for >1 minute to start OT and make them skate (doesn't even matter if you go back to your end and create an opening where they could change, they won't do it), you for sure will find all kinds of wide open ice in the Oilers zone.

I feel like teams know this very well now.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #44)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #43)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca