This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750323]
Fri, 27 December 2019 21:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Calgary to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750324 is a reply to message #750323 ]
Fri, 27 December 2019 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

First BOA lets the flames hop us by 1 point in the standings. That actually worked out pretty well.

This team sucks BTW. More than half this roster remains garbage, and our goaltending is in serious trouble. And I see zero indication that these players feel they will be held accountable for their play. Just a load of crap.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750328 is a reply to message #750324 ]
Fri, 27 December 2019 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

It was nice of the Oilers to let the first shot of every period in in honour of Cam Talbot Tribute night.

Toby Rieder has a partial break and didn’t score. Lucic fumbled the puck trying to lug it end to end. It was like last year all over again, complete with the soul-crushing loss. Ugh.

I was at that travesty of a game tonight. It was just embarrassing.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750329 is a reply to message #750328 ]
Fri, 27 December 2019 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 27 December 2019 21:13

It was nice of the Oilers to let the first shot of every period in in honour of Cam Talbot Tribute night.

Toby Rieder has a partial break and didn’t score. Lucic fumbled the puck trying to lug it end to end. It was like last year all over again, complete with the soul-crushing loss. Ugh.

I feel your pain...

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750330 is a reply to message #750328 ]
Fri, 27 December 2019 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 27 December 2019 22:13

Tippett says the players came in this morning acting like they were still on vacation. That story adds up. Not to say there is some hidden good team here that is just a little effort away from showing, but, can clearly see the degree of not giving a crap.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750331 is a reply to message #750330 ]
Fri, 27 December 2019 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

Same crap, different toilet.
No heart at all. Even the freaking captain lately. And he’s the only one that has me hanging on.
But the freaking goofs who have created this mess and have proven time and time again are still here. Until you burn off the genital wart, it’ll keep spreading.
Burn off Kevin Lowe now.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750332 is a reply to message #750331 ]
Fri, 27 December 2019 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

The best part of the game was the beer I had in front of me. Dark Matter brown ale by Hoyne brewing, highly recommended.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750333 is a reply to message #750331 ]
Fri, 27 December 2019 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Ales Cooper wrote on Fri, 27 December 2019 22:59

Same crap, different toilet.
No heart at all. Even the freaking captain lately. And he’s the only one that has me hanging on.
But the freaking goofs who have created this mess and have proven time and time again are still here. Until you burn off the genital wart, it’ll keep spreading.
Burn off Kevin Lowe now.

It was embarrassing to hear CHED and Sportsnet calling out the Oilers' pathetic effort. How has this team become so predictable?

Best comment came from a buddy who messaged me that when TV showed Lucic on the bench sitting between shifts he was obviously thinking: "So this is how bad we looked last year."

Drai is pure stink right now. Connor looks like he couldn't give a sheet. The rest of the team looks like they've had the "compete" coached out of them.

2-0 down 5 out of the last 6 home games. Hind banana is back!

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750325 is a reply to message #750323 ]
Fri, 27 December 2019 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

So, uh, they need to get visually better?

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750326 is a reply to message #750323 ]
Fri, 27 December 2019 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Oh well. At least they only have to wait 93.5 hours to get back at it and redeem themselves against the Rags.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750327 is a reply to message #750326 ]
Fri, 27 December 2019 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

This is the Oilers team that many of us feared they would be seeing this season. The first month really masked a lot of the stench, particularly the utter lack of consistent scoring ability of any forwards not wearing either #97 or #29. Holland managed to pull a rabbit out of his ass with the Looche trade, but I hope he wasn’t blinded by their unexpectedly good start into thinking that there isn’t still a ton of work left to do to make this team an actual contender.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750334 is a reply to message #750326 ]
Sat, 28 December 2019 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

they’ve now completely pissed away that great start. 2-7-1 over the last 10. That’s great. MIN 1 back with 2 games in hand, NSH 2 back with 4 in hand, and VAN 2 back with 3 in hand. Unless some miracle happens, we’ll be out of a playoff spot by New Year, or shortly after.

Sadly, it seems like our trepidation despite the good results early was warranted.

So what now? If the free fall continues Holland starts to sell? Or does he make a trade or 3 to try and salvage the season? Missing the playoffs with probably two 100 point players would be a travesty.

So frustrating being a fan of this team.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750335 is a reply to message #750334 ]
Sat, 28 December 2019 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Mike wrote on Sat, 28 December 2019 04:30

they’ve now completely pissed away that great start. 2-7-1 over the last 10. That’s great. MIN 1 back with 2 games in hand, NSH 2 back with 4 in hand, and VAN 2 back with 3 in hand. Unless some miracle happens, we’ll be out of a playoff spot by New Year, or shortly after.

Sadly, it seems like our trepidation despite the good results early was warranted.

So what now? If the free fall continues Holland starts to sell? Or does he make a trade or 3 to try and salvage the season? Missing the playoffs with probably two 100 point players would be a travesty.

What has a better chance of actually happening, playoffs or Draisaitl hitting 100?

I honestly don’t see either happening.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750336 is a reply to message #750335 ]
Sat, 28 December 2019 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 28 December 2019 09:39

What has a better chance of actually happening, playoffs or Draisaitl hitting 100?

You don’t think Draisaitl hits 100? Wanna bet?

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750337 is a reply to message #750336 ]
Sat, 28 December 2019 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Mike wrote on Sat, 28 December 2019 08:49

Okay, in my defense I thought he was at 54, not 61. 39 points in the final 41 seems pretty safe. But. Heck. What a collapse it would be. Sure. What’s our bet?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750338 is a reply to message #750337 ]
Sat, 28 December 2019 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 28 December 2019 12:02

Okay, in my defense I thought he was at 54, not 61. 39 points in the final 41 seems pretty safe. But. Heck. What a collapse it would be. Sure. What’s our bet?

I’ll give you an extra point.

Beer and burger? I’m due to head out that way again soon. Draisaitl gets 101+ points, you owe me a beer and burger, 100 or less, I owe you beer and burger.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750340 is a reply to message #750338 ]
Sat, 28 December 2019 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Mike wrote on Sat, 28 December 2019 11:31

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 28 December 2019 12:02

I’ll give you an extra point.

Beer and burger? I’m due to head out that way again soon. Draisaitl gets 101+ points, you owe me a beer and burger, 100 or less, I owe you beer and burger.

Sure thing. Wouldn’t mind meeting some of you off this place and this seems like a dandy way to do so!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750339 is a reply to message #750323 ]
Sat, 28 December 2019 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Manning and Granlund waived for demotion

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750341 is a reply to message #750339 ]
Sat, 28 December 2019 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 28 December 2019 13:01

Benning likely ready soon, so that explains the Manning move. Here’s today’s lines at practice;
Neal-McDavid-Kassian
Khaira-RNH-Gagner
Nygard-Draisaitl-Chiasson
Sheahan-Haas-P Russell
(Archibald not on ice)

Klefbom-Bear
Jones-Larsson
Nurse-K Russell
Benning
(Rotating all 7 D)

Koskinen
Smith

Back to The Witcher for me.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750344 is a reply to message #750339 ]
Sat, 28 December 2019 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 28 December 2019 12:01

Benning finally coming off concussion protocol/IR?

Who gets called up from Bakersfield? Yamamoto? Benson? or one of the pluggers like Marody?

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750345 is a reply to message #750344 ]
Sat, 28 December 2019 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sat, 28 December 2019 13:15

Who gets called up from Bakersfield? Yamamoto? Benson? or one of the pluggers like Marody?

I’m of the belief Yamamoto is not an upgrade over the pluggers we already employ in our bottom 9.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750349 is a reply to message #750345 ]
Sat, 28 December 2019 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 28 December 2019 11:22

I’m of the belief Yamamoto is not an upgrade over the pluggers we already employ in our bottom 9.

I agree, Yamo would be eaten alive in the NHL right now.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #750355 is a reply to message #750345 ]
Sat, 28 December 2019 16:33 Go to previous message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 28 December 2019 12:22

Yeah, the only place for a little squirt like that to find room and make plays is probably sadly on the PP. I've been wrong many times, but I just dont see him with the puck skills to create space for himself, let alone win pucks.

Previous Topic:Pregame: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #42)
Next Topic:GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #41)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca