This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747347]
Thu, 21 November 2019 03:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Los Angeles to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2019-20 Regular Season
Saturday, October 5, 2019Los Angeles 5 @ Edmonton 6Win
Thursday, November 21, 2019Edmonton 1 @ Los Angeles 5Loss
Friday, December 6, 2019Los Angeles 1 @ Edmonton 2Win
Sunday, February 23, 2020Edmonton 4 @ Los Angeles 2Win
Home Record: 2-0-0       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 3-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 8/5 Total: 13
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/7 Total: 13

2018-19 Regular Season
Sunday, November 25, 2018Edmonton 2 @ Los Angeles 5Loss
Thursday, November 29, 2018Los Angeles 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Saturday, January 5, 2019Edmonton 0 @ Los Angeles 4Loss
Tuesday, March 26, 2019Los Angeles 4 @ Edmonton 8Win
Home Record: 2-0-0       Road Record: 0-2-0       Overall Record: 2-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 11/2 Total: 13
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/9 Total: 15

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747351 is a reply to message #747347 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

We can probably mail this one in now that we have a buffer on the wild card teams

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747352 is a reply to message #747351 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 08:19

We can probably mail this one in now that we have a buffer on the wild card teams

Winning teams NEVER take the night off.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747353 is a reply to message #747351 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Well, that will be the measure, won't it? So far this season, we've seen them follow up convincing wins with sleepy starts and crushing defeats.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747358 is a reply to message #747351 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Please don't let us lose to Todd McLellan. The shame would be hard to bear.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747447 is a reply to message #747351 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 22:58 Go to previous message

1 Cup

confused2

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747356 is a reply to message #747347 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

This is a trap game.
Kings will be motivated, and come out hard, Oil better do a double dose of smelling salts before the start of this one,
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnfortunateUnhappyButterfly-size_restricted.gif

...they've got good momentum from the SJ game, how they come out in this one will be an indication of team maturity.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747357 is a reply to message #747356 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

To me this is a test game. The Oilers beat the Sharks pretty handily. It was a payback game against a team they have struggled with for the last few years in a building they don't play well in on a lot of nights, coming off a loss where they let a game split away. So they should have been motivated. So the fact they played well, wasn't a total shock. I expected they would.

If the Oilers want to be a good team, a good team wins this game. The Oilers have the better record, with the better roster. It's not a back to back nor did they have to travel far. There is no major injuries, fatigue shouldn't be a factor. There is no excuse not to play well tonight.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 November 2019 09:41]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747359 is a reply to message #747356 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 09:31

This is a trap game.
Kings will be motivated, and come out hard, Oil better do a double dose of smelling salts before the start of this one,

...they've got good momentum from the SJ game, how they come out in this one will be an indication of team maturity.

Yeah, fully expecting an egg laying tonight after over a decade of conditioning. Please prove me wrong Oilers.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747360 is a reply to message #747359 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 09:42

Yeah, fully expecting an egg laying tonight after over a decade of conditioning. Please prove me wrong Oilers.

McLellan will know that the key to stopping the Oilers is to try to shut down McDavid/Draisaitl, but we also know he doesn't like to game-plan for specific teams - believes you shouldn't let other teams change the way you play, so hopefully he's just rolling the lines tonight.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747364 is a reply to message #747360 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 09:46

McLellan will know that the key to stopping the Oilers is to try to shut down McDavid/Draisaitl, but we also know he doesn't like to game-plan for specific teams - believes you shouldn't let other teams change the way you play, so hopefully he's just rolling the lines tonight.

He'll just keep rolling those lines! And chewing that gum!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747369 is a reply to message #747364 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 09:51

He'll just keep rolling those lines! And chewing that gum!

Now would be a really good time for Tippett to talk about refs missing calls on McDavid...

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747365 is a reply to message #747360 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Especially on the PP

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747361 is a reply to message #747356 ]
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

I imagine Smith will draw in for this one and he's well rested. Wonder if Larsson is ready. Would be sweet to beat Todd's team and very winnable game if the Oilers come out like they can.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747374 is a reply to message #747361 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

overdue wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 08:46

I imagine Smith will draw in for this one and he's well rested. Wonder if Larsson is ready. Would be sweet to beat Todd's team and very winnable game if the Oilers come out like they can.

Heard on 1260 he's likely playing tonight.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747376 is a reply to message #747374 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 11:26

overdue wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 08:46

Heard on 1260 he's likely playing tonight.

Can’t remember where I heard this, but their plan is a 2 game rotation aside form back to backs.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747366 is a reply to message #747356 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 09:31

This is a trap game.

Yes indeed.There seems to be no such thing as momentum with the Oilers, but it would be a great opportunity to build up some tonight. The secondary scoring is starting to come along, and the defence is doing great work in all zones with Larsson possibility coming back tonight.

A couple of things I would like to see is some scoring from Neal and/or Chiasson. Of course it goes without saying some McDavid. and Draisaitl contributions are always a bonus for a real Oier fan,, Nugent-Hopkins still seems a little off his game, but is coming on game to game. He is due for a star worthy performance.

Like almost everyone, I didn’t have much faith in the Oilers goaltending at the start of the season and thought Holland should look for a new goalie coach. Miles to go for the.season but goaltending has bet adequate plus.

Go Oilers!!!!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747362 is a reply to message #747347 ]
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

To me... this is a MUST WIN!!!!

LFG BOYS!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747384 is a reply to message #747362 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

The good teams consistently beat the bottom feeders, that's where they can rack up the points to become 100+ point teams and top playoff seeds. Are the Oilers a good team yet? LA has no business beating the Oilers tonight which is probably why it feels like guaranteed loss night for the Oil. I think I have DODPTSD.
(Decade of Darkness post-traumatic stress disorder)

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747387 is a reply to message #747384 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

jds308 wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 11:42

The good teams consistently beat the bottom feeders, that's where they can rack up the points to become 100+ point teams and top playoff seeds. Are the Oilers a good team yet? LA has no business beating the Oilers tonight which is probably why it feels like guaranteed loss night for the Oil. I think I have DODPTSD.

Until we make the playoffs I don’t think it can be considered “post” trauma. Things could go sideways in about 4 games (or one injury).

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747388 is a reply to message #747387 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 11:22

Until we make the playoffs I don’t think it can be considered “post” trauma. Things could go sideways in about 4 games (or one injury).

That's a fair point, the trauma is current and ongoing. I don't have a clever acronym for that, I only know that my relationship with the Oilers has been bordering on emotionally abusive for some time now. I'm really trying to enjoy the ride so far this year.

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747390 is a reply to message #747388 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

jds308 wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 12:31

That's a fair point, the trauma is current and ongoing. I don't have a clever acronym for that, I only know that my relationship with the Oilers has been bordering on emotionally abusive for some time now. I'm really trying to enjoy the ride so far this year.

Larsson/Russell is apparently a pairing tonight...so that might be traumatic to watch all on its own...That hasn't been the best when they've been paired before.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747392 is a reply to message #747390 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73 is currently online Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 14:36

Larsson/Russell is apparently a pairing tonight...so that might be traumatic to watch all on its own...That hasn't been the best when they've been paired before.

Larsson couldn't possibly be worse than Manning, I hope....

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747393 is a reply to message #747392 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 15:30

Excellent point. It's shocking that we're this far in to the season and Manning is still on the roster.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747394 is a reply to message #747393 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 15:35

Excellent point. It's shocking that we're this far in to the season and Manning is still on the roster.

I can't stand Manning either but I would be curious to know how much of having Manning on the roster had to do with a plan to keep Jones down as long as they could?

A lot of people had Jones as an automatic on the Oilers, yet he wasn't that great in camp and was sent down. I heard an interview with him when he was called up and he said he took the demotion hard, took him a little bit to get over it. Then before the call up he was the best dman by a mile down there and was playing excellent and had been for most of the season. I think Manning is borderline useless and he's played more than I ever expected but even playing him in 9 games, the Oilers are first in their division, tied for first in the West and if giving Jones a month and a half to figure his game out and do that last bit of developing that he needed, it maybe paid off. It's only been 3 games so far but he's been pretty rock solid so far.

If he can keep it going and be anything close to Bear, it might open some options sooner rather than later to unload a dman for some forward help. I don't think you can get rid of a bigger contract mid season but what about a Benning? If Jones keeps going and makes it so you can't take him out, could you package Bennings who's a pretty solid right shot, 3rd pairing guy who doesn't make much for that 3rd line center they could use?

[Updated on: Thu, 21 November 2019 16:28]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747395 is a reply to message #747394 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 16:26

I can't stand Manning either but I would be curious to know how much of having Manning on the roster had to do with a plan to keep Jones down as long as they could?

A lot of people had Jones as an automatic on the Oilers, yet he wasn't that great in camp and was sent down. I heard an interview with him when he was called up and he said he took the demotion hard, took him a little bit to get over it. Then before the call up he was the best dman by a mile down there and was playing excellent and had been for most of the season. I think Manning is borderline useless and he's played more than I ever expected but even playing him in 9 games, the Oilers are first in their division, tied for first in the West and if giving Jones a month and a half to figure his game out and do that last bit of developing that he needed, it maybe paid off. It's only been 3 games so far but he's been pretty rock solid so far.

If he can keep it going and be anything close to Bear, it might open some options sooner rather than later to unload a dman for some forward help. I don't think you can get rid of a bigger contract mid season but what about a Benning? If Jones keeps going and makes it so you can't take him out, could you package Bennings who's a pretty solid right shot, 3rd pairing guy who doesn't make much for that 3rd line center they could use?

2 goals. Manning has been on the ice for 2 goals against (and 1 goal for) in 9 games. He hasn't been bad. I know I've said this at least 3 times, but nobody will listen.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747396 is a reply to message #747395 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 16:55

2 goals. Manning has been on the ice for 2 goals against (and 1 goal for) in 9 games. He hasn't been bad. I know I've said this at least 3 times, but nobody will listen.

Ah so he’s a minus player.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747397 is a reply to message #747395 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 17:55

He is also the;
- worst on the team in give aways per 60
- worst on the team in zone exits

When he is on the ice the best the team can hope for is a whistle as the puck isnt getting out by his hand

Any eye test tells you he is not an NHL d-man on a team with any depth.

All while playing the easiest minutes on the team.

I know you love to lay blame at the feet of skilled players and try to defend plugs but this one is way out there.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747399 is a reply to message #747397 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 17:35

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 17:55

He is also the;
- worst on the team in give aways per 60
- worst on the team in zone exits

When he is on the ice the best the team can hope for is a whistle as the puck isnt getting out by his hand

Any eye test tells you he is not an NHL d-man on a team with any depth.

All while playing the easiest minutes on the team.

I know you love to lay blame at the feet of skilled players and try to defend plugs but this one is way out there.

And when does he actually play? He gets ~10 mins a game. And Tippett has to constantly try to find situations of weak competition to get him out there in that tiny bit of ice time so he can finally let his other D rest. It's nothing but a pain having a player like Manning in your lineup. Having one of your D that you're scared to play against anything but 4th liners. Forces other D to have to put in a 25+ min night because it can be hard to find the right situations to play the sheltered guy.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 November 2019 17:57]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747398 is a reply to message #747394 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 17:26

This 100%.

Manning and will never be more than a placeholder. He is there because there was no one better that fit the plan.
I bet given the exact same minutes most of Bakersfield would be doing at least as good and in the case of a few guys, much better, than Manning.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747391 is a reply to message #747388 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

It seems like the hoi poloi are reluctant to jump on the Oiler bandwagon or sell out the building every game, and that’s understandable. Not negativity, just a little cynicism before the Oilers prove themselves a little more.

Klefbom had the most ice time in the San Jose game for any Oilers defenceman since
Chris Pronger. Matt Benning is in concussion protocol and so he will be out for a while. With Adam Larsson expected back after an injury and long recovery period I’m sure the Kings will try to pressure the Oiler D into making mistakes.Don't get fooled or trapped boys.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747400 is a reply to message #747391 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

I'm not even up there buying tickets, Tier III fan and all, and I'm still super skeptical. Hopeful, but skeptical.
It would be very Oiler-ish to set some kind of reverse 18/19 St Louis Blues record of being in first place, then nosediving into the comfortable and well-known confines of a lottery pick.
I still want to be enjoying hockey come April.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24) [message #747404 is a reply to message #747400 ]
Thu, 21 November 2019 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73 is currently online Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Thu, 21 November 2019 18:39

I'm not even up there buying tickets, Tier III fan and all, and I'm still super skeptical. Hopeful, but skeptical.
It would be very Oiler-ish to set some kind of reverse 18/19 St Louis Blues record of being in first place, then nosediving into the comfortable and well-known confines of a lottery pick.
I still want to be enjoying hockey come April.

The usual saying is "Once bitten, twice shy.", but in the case of this hockey team it's more like "12 times bitten, 24 times shy.". The most skeptical of us likely won't be convinced until the moment we see Connor holding the Cup over his head, and even then we'd first be checking that we hadn't ingested some really powerful and likely toxic hallucinogen first....

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #24)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #23)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca