This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744541]
Sat, 12 October 2019 13:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
NY Rangers to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744542 is a reply to message #744541 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jerekybeef  is currently offline jerekybeef

No Cups

Well, here’s to good times!

"Make the Oilers great again" - Donny Tramp

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744557 is a reply to message #744542 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

jerekybeef wrote on Sat, 12 October 2019 12:34

Well, here’s to good times!

GOOD TIMES!!! .. indeed!

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Zack+Kassian+Edmonton+Oilers+v+New+Jersey+Ufju1A5aMayl.jpg

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744543 is a reply to message #744541 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

I could get used to watching a winning team!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744544 is a reply to message #744541 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

First team ever to start 5-0 while coming from behind in every game!

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744545 is a reply to message #744541 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Getting better as games go on? That is not the Oilers way of the last decade! Hopefully it is now.

Nice to see Drai was able to burn off all the alcohol by playing 2 periods :)

+29 Corsi 5v5 will help the analytics too!

[Updated on: Sat, 12 October 2019 13:42]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744546 is a reply to message #744541 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Man, I had all these things to say about the first line like how many more goals they could have shooting more and without the extra passing (like Kassian’s pass to Drai on the two on nothing) but man what a 3rd period by them.

Mike Smith stopped Panarin’s blasts the entire game. I love how he competes.

Feels good man.

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 12 October 2019 13:40

rofl

[Updated on: Sat, 12 October 2019 13:43]

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744547 is a reply to message #744546 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sat, 12 October 2019 13:41

Man, I had all these things to say about the first line like how many more goals they could have shooting more and without the extra passing (like Kassian’s pass to Drai on the two on nothing) but man what a 3rd period by them.

Feels good man.

rofl

Nothing bad to say.

Bottom six need a break. They’ve been very okay. Top 6 are at peak performance.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744564 is a reply to message #744546 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sat, 12 October 2019 13:41

Feels good man.

rofl

This in spades. Think of an old timey grinder in net with some skill, and that's Mike Smith. NEVER respected the guy until watching him as a goalie for my squad. That LA game told the guys in front of him that he's not going to quit. He's not always going to be great, but he's not going to quit.

I imagine the boys went out the night of the Jersey game, but not last night.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744553 is a reply to message #744541 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Wow, usually an afternoon game on the road is a guaranteed loss. Glad to hear that no one on the team is satisfied with their performances, happy to be 5-0 though

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744554 is a reply to message #744553 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Suomalainen wrote on Sat, 12 October 2019 15:48

Wow, usually an afternoon game on the road is a guaranteed loss. Glad to hear that no one on the team is satisfied with their performances, happy to be 5-0 though

Somebody said we were 5-0-3 in matinee games last year. That doesn’t feel right to me.

Neal’s penalty is really what turned the game around. The emotional boost the team got inspired them to get the win.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744555 is a reply to message #744554 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sat, 12 October 2019 15:52

Somebody said we were 5-0-3 in matinee games last year. That doesn’t feel right to me.

Neal’s penalty is really what turned the game around. The emotional boost the team got inspired them to get the win.

Jimmy Kneel is ice cold right now. No goals or points in 4 full periods plus 28 seconds.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744556 is a reply to message #744554 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sat, 12 October 2019 15:52

Hard to tell, but I know they lost a christmas/new years game to SJ that started early and the season opener was technically played on a Saturday morning Edmonton time. They did seem to do a lot of OT games tho.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744559 is a reply to message #744541 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Man E. Bear is looking so good out there, looks like a pro, moves the puck, smartly gets out of trouble.. that go ahead goal started from his pass up to LD in stride.

I guess this is what happens when you let your junior prospects learn the pro game in the AHL. Best surprise for me, and a right handed D, our fruitless holy grail for years, I thought Caleb Jones would be the first guy out of Bakersfield, this is so awesome. Now the D prospects in the A can stay there and get better, as well as reinforce the AHL learning process, Bear spends two years in NHL D school, now he's a legit pro.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744565 is a reply to message #744559 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corky  is currently offline Corky

No Cups

5 & 0 with 10 points. Very happy for them with this great start!

Every Night Is Hockey Night

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744566 is a reply to message #744559 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 12 October 2019 17:23

Man E. Bear is looking so good out there, looks like a pro, moves the puck, smartly gets out of trouble.. that go ahead goal started from his pass up to LD in stride.

I guess this is what happens when you let your junior prospects learn the pro game in the AHL. Best surprise for me, and a right handed D, our fruitless holy grail for years, I thought Caleb Jones would be the first guy out of Bakersfield, this is so awesome. Now the D prospects in the A can stay there and get better, as well as reinforce the AHL learning process, Bear spends two years in NHL D school, now he's a legit pro.

If Bear keeps showing he can stay, and if another guy (Lagesson, Jones, Bouchard) gets a recall, you wonder when the Oilers can make a move and move on from some contracts (Benning, Russell, even Larsson). None of Benning, Russell, or the injured Larsson are currently killing their team, but if not later in the season, then perhaps the offseason.

Love how 2 players shuffle into the bottom 6 and 2 shuffle out, and the result is still ok. Gotta have those guys being hungry.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744573 is a reply to message #744541 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Wow! When was the last time the Oil swept the New York triple?

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744574 is a reply to message #744573 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Xombie wrote on Sat, 12 October 2019 20:19

Wow! When was the last time the Oil swept the New York triple?

2017-2018 is the only other time in recent memory that they've played all 3 in one stretch (didn't do well that time), and their record in NY buildings is horrible overall.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5) [message #744583 is a reply to message #744541 ]
Sun, 13 October 2019 09:03 Go to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Best game of the season for the Oilers. No line looked overmatched, all the defence were positive corsi. Still relied on the big boys to get it done, but the team looked better top to bottom.

Bear's been really good so far. Persson looks pretty decent too. Where does Larsson fit in when he's back? Not sure if I like the idea of a Larsson/Russell pairing and Benning's been pretty good too. It's a good problem to have though - too many NHL defencemen? We've had a lot of years where we don't have 5 of them even. Maybe one of the right shots can switch sides and Russell ends up in the press box?

Mike Smith did what he needed to. I'm still not convinced that either goalie is starter-calibre but ride these streaks while you have them.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #6)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ NY Rangers (Game #5)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca