This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742366]
Thu, 05 September 2019 12:21 Go to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Per Mark Spector and Ryan Rishaug.

https://twitter.com/SportsnetSpec/status/1169671917780914176

Quote:

Sheahan deal will be one-year at $900K. He’s at the point where he needs to prove he can still help an NHL team. Oilers get a team-friendly deal because of that.

Clean house or bust

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742367 is a reply to message #742366 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I mentioned it in a different thread. Completely makes sense to me. Big center that can win some faceoffs, playing on the PK, maybe do some second unit PP. Skates reasonably well. Not yet 28. Coming off a down year last year but that drove his price down. The year before had 32 pts which is 3rd line production.

At 1 yr and 900k. I don't see how anyone wouldn't like this deal.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742368 is a reply to message #742366 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 05 September 2019 12:21

Per Mark Spector and Ryan Rishaug.

https://twitter.com/SportsnetSpec/status/1169671917780914176

Quote:

Sheahan deal will be one-year at $900K. He’s at the point where he needs to prove he can still help an NHL team. Oilers get a team-friendly deal because of that.

Our Bakersfield team will be stacked. A lot <1M contracts fighting with prospects for NHL jobs.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742370 is a reply to message #742368 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

If the day comes where the Oilers are finally a good team, their AL team will be stacked because young guys are staying down there for multiple years like they should overripening. The need to get to the point where young guys are literally kicking down the door and taking spots rather than just being handed them. Before this signing, I thought that the Oilers would have as their 3rd & 4th line centers as either a winger who can play some center but is a much better winger (Khaira, Granlund, Gagner) or having guys like a Cave who's probably a 13th forward play up, or forcing a guy like Marody to play in the NHL when really, he should probably be in the AHL this year. OR an unproven guy like Haas.

I would much rather have Haas battling for the 4th line center rather than praying he can be the 3rd.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742372 is a reply to message #742366 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Plan the parade lads!

In all seriousness, good signing. No complaints and should put to rest any chatter about Drai/McDavid being spilt up.

If they can get adequate secondary scoring... we may have a chance to see meaningful games played in late February.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742374 is a reply to message #742372 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oilers potential lines.

Leon - McDavid- Kassian
Nygard/Granlund - Nuge - Neal
NYgard/Granlund - Sheahan - Chiasson
Khaira - Haas/Cave - Archibald/Gagner

Brodziak will be out on LTIR for the year.

I think who ever doesn't win the job for 4th line center gets waived. So will Jurco.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742376 is a reply to message #742366 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Better gamble for a bottom 6 C than Haas at least. Life with no cap space is a bummer. Better be the last year where we are gambling on a load of league min guys for the bottom 6.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742378 is a reply to message #742376 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 05 September 2019 13:13

Better gamble for a bottom 6 C than Haas at least. Life with no cap space is a bummer. Better be the last year where we are gambling on a load of league min guys for the bottom 6.

Isn't it the way things are going though? You spend big on your top end guys and a few of dmen, then don't spend a small amount on your bottom 6 guys. I think the days of 2.5-3 mill 4th liners are gone.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742379 is a reply to message #742378 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 05 September 2019 13:26

Isn't it the way things are going though? You spend big on your top end guys and a few of dmen, then don't spend a small amount on your bottom 6 guys. I think the days of 2.5-3 mill 4th liners are gone.

4th line should be mostly cheap guys, but the 3rd line needs to be reliable, especially the 3C spot. Our 3C spot this year is a full on gamble unless we put Nuge there and break up McDavid/Drai, which probably still isn't gonna work with a lack of good wingers.

Coaches can shelter a 4th line and 3rd D pair. But extremely hard to have to shelter a 3rd and 4th line. You can, but you get what we had last year. Top guys get completely burned out.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742381 is a reply to message #742379 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 05 September 2019 13:33

4th line should be mostly cheap guys, but the 3rd line needs to be reliable, especially the 3C spot. Our 3C spot this year is a full on gamble unless we put Nuge there and break up McDavid/Drai, which probably still isn't gonna work with a lack of good wingers.

Coaches can shelter a 4th line and 3rd D pair. But extremely hard to have to shelter a 3rd and 4th line. You can, but you get what we had last year. Top guys get completely burned out.

I agree there. Ideally you have a higher end 3rd line center. But Sheahan had 32 pts in 17-18. So I like the chance that he can get to that level this year vs a Cave or Haas or whoever else. He's an NHL player which is a big step up from years past.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742382 is a reply to message #742381 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 05 September 2019 13:37

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 05 September 2019 13:33

I agree there. Ideally you have a higher end 3rd line center. But Sheahan had 32 pts in 17-18. So I like the chance that he can get to that level this year vs a Cave or Haas or whoever else. He's an NHL player which is a big step up from years past.

Yeah, that's all I meant to say with the initial post. I feel better hoping Sheahan can fill a 3C spot than basically anyone else we had lined up, excluding Nuge who likely will be on the 2nd line unless the season is turning into a disaster and Tippett gets desperate.

Feel better about Sheahan, but it's still not great :) That's all. With the cap space we had, all you can get is a Sheahan or maybe Boyle or any guys of this caliber.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742383 is a reply to message #742376 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG is currently online NetBOG

2 Cups

This team really isn't paying a ton of middling guys too much. Neal is making too much (if we get last years version), Russell is making a million too much and Gagner is making too much. The big problem is the $5 million in dead cap, which continues next year as well. It seems each GM uses idiotic buyouts to get rid of issues from the last GM, and it accumulates.

That being said, I'm happy the Oilers didn't have any money to spend in UFA season. 95% of UFA deals are massive mistakes. Build up your farm and replace guys that leave internally.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742385 is a reply to message #742383 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 05 September 2019 13:43

This team really isn't paying a ton of middling guys too much. Neal is making too much (if we get last years version), Russell is making a million too much and Gagner is making too much. The big problem is the $5 million in dead cap, which continues next year as well. It seems each GM uses idiotic buyouts to get rid of issues from the last GM, and it accumulates.

That being said, I'm happy the Oilers didn't have any money to spend in UFA season. 95% of UFA deals are massive mistakes. Build up your farm and replace guys that leave internally.

I agree. I like that he isn't over paying these low end guys. I like the fact that he is bringing in real NHLers vs praying that the likes of Rattie will suddenly figure out how to be a good NHLer.

For the cap. They are going to lose Gagner and his 3.15 mill. Manning and his 2.25 mill is just gone. So there is 5.4 mill you have eliminated from guys who either won't be on your team or are part time players. By next season you hope that Benson for sure is a full time NHLer and he looks to be on pace to be a decent at least top 9 player. So he takes the place of one of the 1 mill guys they signed and is an upgrade plus makes 200K less. Marody with 2 yrs of AHL is hopefully ready to go so he replaces another 1 mill guy and is an upgrade. Nurse is making 3.2 mill, give him 3 more mill of the money you just saved from Gagner and Manning. Smith is signed for 2 mill for 1 year. Sharrett will be 26 next year and if he has another good season in the AHL, you'd think they would give him a shot at the back up. So there is more savings.

I personally think that the Oilers could have traded Russell if they wanted too but the decision was made to get rid of Sekera which I sort of agree with. So getting rid of 2 vet guys wouldn't be ideal. Next season, Russell is in his last year, has a 4 mill cap but only makes 2.5 mill in real money. There are lots of bottom feeder teams who would easily take Russell. So I think there is more ways that the Oilers can open up more money.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742386 is a reply to message #742385 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 05 September 2019 14:08

I agree. I like that he isn't over paying these low end guys. I like the fact that he is bringing in real NHLers vs praying that the likes of Rattie will suddenly figure out how to be a good NHLer.

For the cap. They are going to lose Gagner and his 3.15 mill. Manning and his 2.25 mill is just gone. So there is 5.4 mill you have eliminated from guys who either won't be on your team or are part time players. By next season you hope that Benson for sure is a full time NHLer and he looks to be on pace to be a decent at least top 9 player. So he takes the place of one of the 1 mill guys they signed and is an upgrade plus makes 200K less. Marody with 2 yrs of AHL is hopefully ready to go so he replaces another 1 mill guy and is an upgrade. Nurse is making 3.2 mill, give him 3 more mill of the money you just saved from Gagner and Manning. Smith is signed for 2 mill for 1 year. Sharrett will be 26 next year and if he has another good season in the AHL, you'd think they would give him a shot at the back up. So there is more savings.

I personally think that the Oilers could have traded Russell if they wanted too but the decision was made to get rid of Sekera which I sort of agree with. So getting rid of 2 vet guys wouldn't be ideal. Next season, Russell is in his last year, has a 4 mill cap but only makes 2.5 mill in real money. There are lots of bottom feeder teams who would easily take Russell. So I think there is more ways that the Oilers can open up more money.

We have to get rid of Russell next summer too.

So, ~30M of space (Russell gone, ~2M cap increase) to sign Nurse and 7 forwards, 4D and a goalie.

Not gonna be pretty again, but better than this gross summer.

Nurse probably gets 6.5M. Leaves you 23.5M. Toss 3M at a guy you hope can be a 1B, 20.5M for 7F, 4D.

Probably need 3 of those D, and at least 4 of those forwards to be ~1M guys (better have some guys we drafted ready to step up). Down to ~13.5M for 3 forwards and 1D.

Toss Hall 9.5Mx7, per Garfield. Leaves you 4M for a D and 2F :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742387 is a reply to message #742386 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Remember when you re-sign someone like Nurse you should only count the delta between this season's pay and next (unless your amount locked into the cap to get the $30 million free number includes nothing for Nurse), not the whole amount of his next contract.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742388 is a reply to message #742386 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 05 September 2019 14:32

So, ~30M of space (Russell gone, ~2M cap increase) to sign Nurse and 7 forwards, 4D and a goalie.

Nurse probably gets 6.5M. Leaves you 23.5M. Toss 3M at a guy you hope can be a 1B, 20.5M for 7F, 4D.

Probably need 3 of those D, and at least 4 of those forwards to be ~1M guys (better have some guys we drafted ready to step up). Down to ~13.5M for 3 forwards and 1D.

I am not as worried because at some point some of these young guys who aren't making a lot should be stepping in full time and contributing.
Defense:
- Jones and Bear will be 23 next year and have 3 years of pro under their belts.
- Lagesson will be 24 and have 3 years of pro under his belt.
Next year, all 3 of those guys will not be able to be sent down without going through waivers. If they are legit NHLers, they should be making the team. Regardless a decision on them all will need to be made.

Benning will need a new deal. I think he is nothing more than a #6. So unless I am wrong, you can either move on from him or he signs for similar money.

What's Persson going to be like?

Bouchard is probably making the Oilers full time next year because he's ready. He's in the ball park now, he will be 20 this Oct, 21 next year.

All those guys should be cheap options that should be decent players. That's excluding surprise guys.

Forward:
- Benson is close right now. If he's not on the team this year, he will for sure next year.
- Marody is probably similar.
- Yamamoto will be 21 next year. He should be close.

There could be other surprises.

Goaltending.
- Sharret is 25, he will be 26 next year. If he has another good year, I have to think you'd give him a shot as the back up.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742393 is a reply to message #742386 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Is $6.5 million not awfully high for Nurse? Who is a reasonable comparable?

Also, if we don't have a young dman or two step up this season, how awful is that group as a whole?

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742395 is a reply to message #742393 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 06 September 2019 08:06

Also, if we don't have a young dman or two step up this season, how awful is that group as a whole?

I don't think 6.5 for Nurse is far off. I of course would like it to be less but I look at what a few comparable player. Lindell for Dallas signed this year, 6 yrs, 5.8 mill He had 27, the 32 pts last year. Nurse has about 40 more games played as of now and 10 more pts to date. Sam Girard signed for 7 yrs at 5 mill. He's just starting out really with only 155 games. So if Nurse comes back and has another season where he plays a lot and put up 30-40 pts. I have to think he's getting at least 6.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742397 is a reply to message #742395 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 06 September 2019 08:19

I don't think 6.5 for Nurse is far off. I of course would like it to be less but I look at what a few comparable player. Lindell for Dallas signed this year, 6 yrs, 5.8 mill He had 27, the 32 pts last year. Nurse has about 40 more games played as of now and 10 more pts to date. Sam Girard signed for 7 yrs at 5 mill. He's just starting out really with only 155 games. So if Nurse comes back and has another season where he plays a lot and put up 30-40 pts. I have to think he's getting at least 6.

Hopefully Holland manages differently than the last few groups. We shouldn't look at comparables and then up the total by a million dollars but I agree that's what we've traditionally done.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742401 is a reply to message #742397 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 06 September 2019 08:23

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 06 September 2019 08:19

Hopefully Holland manages differently than the last few groups. We shouldn't look at comparables and then up the total by a million dollars but I agree that's what we've traditionally done.

I agree, that is why I said 6.5 mill. Lindell is a direct comparable. He's making just under 6 but Nurse had slightly better stats. So he probably deserves a little more.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742404 is a reply to message #742393 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Just a quick look at guys making 6M. Dumba, Myers, Johnson. Bet we will be wanting to buy 6 UFA years from Nurse, so I think it likely lands over 6M. This is assuming Nurse can hit ~40 points again.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742405 is a reply to message #742404 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 06 September 2019 08:43

Just a quick look at guys making 6M. Dumba, Myers, Johnson. Bet we will be wanting to buy 6 UFA years from Nurse, so I think it likely lands over 6M. This is assuming Nurse can hit ~40 points again.

The thing about Nurse is he had 10 goals and only 1 was on the PP and of his 41, only 9 was PP points. So he scored 9 goals and 32 pts at 5 on 5 which is awesome. But for contract wise isn't good because getting close to 40 pts should be attainable for him again because even if his PP time gets taken away because the likes of Klefbom and a few others who are better are back, he's still going to play a lot and he didn't rely on the PP to score.

I see Nurse settling into a big, tough, nasty, skate like the wind, 35-40 pt, minute munching, defensively sound, all around dman. Those guys get paid pretty well.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 September 2019 08:52]

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742392 is a reply to message #742366 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

I'll take him.

Highlights..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742450 is a reply to message #742392 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 23:44 Go to previous message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

I don't remember anyone in the Oilers bottom 6 in recent memory who sniffs around the net like that or has that shot. Got some size too.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742406 is a reply to message #742366 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

I don't know but I think Holland is making very understated moves. He feels like he's being pretty savvy shoring up deficiencies. I mean none of which are home runs but just understated moves.

The Sheahan thing I like.

Cautiously optimistic here.. very very cautious.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742419 is a reply to message #742366 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

After looking up the players history this signing looks like a pretty safe bet as depth at center is never a bad thing. Very reasonable contract and Holland knowing the player well is also huge. Good face off performer as well which has been a weakness at times on this team. Likely will take awhile to whip this bunch of new faces into a team but it has to be better than what we are use to seeing.

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742420 is a reply to message #742366 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Spector reporting Brodziak is very likely going to be on LTIR this year. He hasn't been training this summer.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-brodziak-expected -miss-season-back-issues/

So, we have 1.53M of space. Brodziak on LTIR would let us go up to 2.68M. Probably more because we have 14 forwards and 7D in that total. So, sending 1 more guy down, closer to 3.5M of space.

But, need to consider Smith's bonuses still. If we are dipping into that LTIR space, and the season goes well, Smith's 1.75M will be on next years cap. So...I guess cheer for a bad season now? :)

Here are Smith's bonuses from capfriendly:

P. BONUS DETAILS: Games Played Bonus: $125,000 at each of the following levels (20, 25, 30, 35 gms) & $250,000 at each of the following levels (40, 45 gms) + Playoff Qualification & Rounds Won Bonus: $750,000 max earnable (broken down by qualifiaction, first 3 rounds won and gms won in those rounds)

So, I guess playoffs don't automatically mean 1.75M. If he plays 30 games and doesn't play in playoffs, might only be something like 125k x 3 = 375k plus a bit for just making playoffs.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 September 2019 12:28]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742421 is a reply to message #742420 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 06 September 2019 12:25

Spector reporting Brodziak is very likely going to be on LTIR this year. He hasn't been training this summer.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-brodziak-expected -miss-season-back-issues/

So, we have 1.53M of space. Brodziak on LTIR would let us go up to 2.68M. Probably more because we have 14 forwards and 7D in that total. So, sending 1 more guy down, closer to 3.5M of space.

But, need to consider Smith's bonuses still. If we are dipping into that LTIR space, and the season goes well, Smith's 1.75M will be on next years cap. So...I guess cheer for a bad season now? :)

P. BONUS DETAILS: Games Played Bonus: $125,000 at each of the following levels (20, 25, 30, 35 gms) & $250,000 at each of the following levels (40, 45 gms) + Playoff Qualification & Rounds Won Bonus: $750,000 max earnable (broken down by qualifiaction, first 3 rounds won and gms won in those rounds)

So, I guess playoffs don't automatically mean 1.75M. If he plays 30 games and doesn't play in playoffs, might only be something like 125k x 3 = 375k plus a bit for just making playoffs.

Cheer for Koskinen to be the goalie that Chiarelli believes he is...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742422 is a reply to message #742421 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 06 September 2019 12:42

You mean what the entire group (minus Holland) believes he is.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742424 is a reply to message #742422 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 06 September 2019 12:44

Adam wrote on Fri, 06 September 2019 12:42

You mean what the entire group (minus Holland) believes he is.

Yes, although there's ample evidence to suggest they may have all been deep in their cups at the time...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742431 is a reply to message #742424 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

The team could add Marleau! Even with the cap restrictions. Would he sign for under $4M?

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1414731

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k [message #742436 is a reply to message #742431 ]
Fri, 06 September 2019 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Fri, 06 September 2019 14:17

The team could add Marleau! Even with the cap restrictions. Would he sign for under $4M?

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1414731

Joe Thornton is the same age and was more productive this past year (and for his career). He signed at $2MM today. I don't think you pay more than that for Marleau.

Previous Topic:Brodziak for 2 yrs, 2.3M
Next Topic:Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca