This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule [message #741932]
Tue, 27 August 2019 12:23 Go to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/308685288/bi nary-file/file.pdf

Pretty much the same broadcast crew as last season

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule [message #741935 is a reply to message #741932 ]
Tue, 27 August 2019 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I've said it before, but the HNIC schedule is very telling. The big money media players don't believe the Oilers will be a draw at any point this season... especially at the end of it.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule [message #741977 is a reply to message #741935 ]
Wed, 28 August 2019 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PoolParty  is currently offline PoolParty

No Cups

The real highlight of the schedule is that Kypreos is gone

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-analyst-nick-kypreos -leaving-sportsnet-21-years/

This forum has turned into a pessimistic cesspool of bitching and whining about the same topics consistently.

#Adam #Kr55 #CrusaderPi #inverno76

#RDOilerfan is possibly reformed, time will tell.

Re: Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule [message #742013 is a reply to message #741977 ]
Wed, 28 August 2019 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

PoolParty wrote on Wed, 28 August 2019 11:48

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-analyst-nick-kypreos -leaving-sportsnet-21-years/

Wow...this level of hate-on probably deserves some mention in your signature line...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule [message #742023 is a reply to message #742013 ]
Wed, 28 August 2019 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 28 August 2019 17:24

PoolParty wrote on Wed, 28 August 2019 11:48

Wow...this level of hate-on probably deserves some mention in your signature line...

Wow, I never noticed that signature before. I need in there.

#settingachievablegoals

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule [message #742287 is a reply to message #741932 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

How does hashtagging in a forum do anything? #NotSure

I think we all know it will be a tough year for the Oilers I just want to see the G.A.S-o-meter on high from first puck drop to last, that's all something to cheer for! You know? #YouKnow

I'm terribly intrigued on how it came about to remove Kyprios and Shannon, both wind bags for sure but I hope it doesn't mean the ushering in of George Strombolkdskjncsikjnsdkcskjhsdcvnmlous #WhoCaresWhatHisNameIs

#blessed<-- because that's what you do with hashtags.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule [message #742291 is a reply to message #742287 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 12:21

I think we all know it will be a tough year for the Oilers I just want to see the G.A.S-o-meter on high from first puck drop to last, that's all something to cheer for! You know? #YouKnow

I'm terribly intrigued on how it came about to remove Kyprios and Shannon, both wind bags for sure but I hope it doesn't mean the ushering in of George Strombolkdskjncsikjnsdkcskjhsdcvnmlous #WhoCaresWhatHisNameIs

Kypreos was signed to a deal with Sportsnet right after he’d finished his playing days as a Leafs tough guy. Chances are that they paid him more than he was worth right out of the gate and then he’s had 20 years of raises. He was not worth what he was bringing to the table and Sportsnet, faced with a lot of red ink cut some high salaries. It’s worth noting, they kept the smartest people on the broadcast - Friedman, Marek, Ron MacLean. And they kept Grapes because he draws advertising dollars.

It will be interesting to see what they replace the on-air “talent” with though. With reports of big losses, maybe it’ll be a rotating group of high school students looking for some extra A/V credit.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule [message #742295 is a reply to message #742291 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 12:35

Kypreos was signed to a deal with Sportsnet right after he’d finished his playing days as a Leafs tough guy. Chances are that they paid him more than he was worth right out of the gate and then he’s had 20 years of raises. He was not worth what he was bringing to the table and Sportsnet, faced with a lot of red ink cut some high salaries. It’s worth noting, they kept the smartest people on the broadcast - Friedman, Marek, Ron MacLean. And they kept Grapes because he draws advertising dollars.

It will be interesting to see what they replace the on-air “talent” with though. With reports of big losses, maybe it’ll be a rotating group of high school students looking for some extra A/V credit.

If that's the case, sign me up! I could use some credits! :)

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule [message #742318 is a reply to message #742291 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 11:35

I didn't like Kypreos, but in the end I am not sure that Rogers will make their money back no matter how good the next guys are. I think their financial problems likely stem from the declining popularity of hockey in Canada.

They are going to have to get creative with it. Offer something that no other league does. The content has to be more than just sports and men in suits.

Clean house or bust

Re: Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule [message #742325 is a reply to message #742318 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 14:54

Adam wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 11:35

I didn't like Kypreos, but in the end I am not sure that Rogers will make their money back no matter how good the next guys are. I think their financial problems likely stem from the declining popularity of hockey in Canada.

They are going to have to get creative with it. Offer something that no other league does. The content has to be more than just sports and men in suits.

It would help if the Canadian teams weren't so poorly run, almost across the board.

In any given year, there's usually about four Canadian franchises that are complete dumpster fires, so people tune out early. Sadly, the Oilers are pretty much always one of the four.

I have to think the ratings for the Oilers have tumbled over the last 10 years.

Re: Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule [message #742331 is a reply to message #742325 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

The best, fastest, and most dynamic player in the world can only do so much for your ratings. What we really need to get people watching and buying tickets is for Katz to start uncomfortably interviewing the players.

Clean house or bust

Re: Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule [message #742333 is a reply to message #742331 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 15:50

The best, fastest, and most dynamic player in the world can only do so much for your ratings. What we really need to get people watching and buying tickets is for Katz to start uncomfortably interviewing the players.

It's amazing how much support this team had, even as they cratered in to getting three straight first overall picks. People still clamoured for tickets here. Then we still sucked, and it became harder to watch through the Eakins era, but still, we saw the rise of McDavid and it all seemed like it might be finally worth it. And then we're now four full seasons later and it's not any better and the whole thing may not have been worth it and you just know it's a hard sell everywhere to spend money on this team.

It's no wonder we're not getting any HNIC games any more.

Re: Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule [message #742349 is a reply to message #742333 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 16:13

It's amazing how much support this team had, even as they cratered in to getting three straight first overall picks. People still clamoured for tickets here. Then we still sucked, and it became harder to watch through the Eakins era, but still, we saw the rise of McDavid and it all seemed like it might be finally worth it. And then we're now four full seasons later and it's not any better and the whole thing may not have been worth it and you just know it's a hard sell everywhere to spend money on this team.

I think I’m going curl up with a blanket and watch a few episodes of Oil Change.

It’s interesting seeing what vehicles these dealerships give the players. It’s so “inside”.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Oilers Sportsnet 2019-20 TV Schedule [message #742352 is a reply to message #742349 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 23:22 Go to previous message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 19:45

Adam wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 16:13

I think I’m going curl up with a blanket and watch a few episodes of Oil Change.

It’s interesting seeing what vehicles these dealerships give the players. It’s so “inside”.

But......but. We have new management?!?

I’m still looking forward to watching this year. It’s weird. I’d almost feel embarrassed if we started to turn this around. It’s beyond expected anymore.

Previous Topic:Riley Sheahan signs for 1 year at 900k
Next Topic:Puljujarvi signs in Finland
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca